Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Diet Poison posted:

Panel 5 of today's WHOMP is a beautiful thing.
The first Whomp in a long time that I almost don't feel bad about identifying with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Ronnie's mom is surprisingly normal.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

That's lovely enough that I'm not sure if actually supposed to be a metaphore.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I don't get this new Zen Pencils.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
A troubling new direction for Ctrl Alt Delete.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh, so that's how Homestuck ends.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not enough words for homestuck

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tollymain posted:

not enough words for homestuck

It's all in a box under the image.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
But which one is Eglamore?

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Canonical Broodhollow side story.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Yeah that's really bad sorry.
Art's really bad (as in major bad, ridiculously unredeemably bad) and writing is Johnny Deviantart's first ~deep~ story.

I try to have at least one good thing to say about all bad comics so... it took a long time to make, probably? A for effort?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I thought it was a loss edit

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The Graveyard Quest arc is still going.

You're right, Whomp isn't nearly so bad by comparison. He hates himself, too, but the strips about it are presented in a nominally humorous way.

I guess that's what 800+ strips does to you. About 600 ago he did terrific things like this:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Whomps alt texts keep getting longer and longer. I'm expecting galtse by the end of the year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Graveyard Quest is cool.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I, too, enjoy Graveyard Quest.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I doubt I'm the first goon to discover it, but I just discovered Beeserker, about two guys who decide to invent a robot powered by bees, and I'm digging the hell out of it. It is silly as all hell and you should read it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I doubt I'm the first goon to discover it, but I just discovered Beeserker, about two guys who decide to invent a robot powered by bees, and I'm digging the hell out of it. It is silly as all hell and you should read it.

Bookmarked.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I don't know if Kismet has posted about it yet, but Mythos appears to have moved to a new site. I dunno if you want to update the list on the first page or not, peas.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Captain Bravo posted:

I, too, enjoy Graveyard Quest.

I don't!

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I don't like what you like.

There, thread closed.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lizard Wizard posted:

Their little 'climb the tower' game thing is pretty alright too. Has Ronnie from Whump (and some other webcomic people who I don't know) in the game to.

About comic: Not to sure I'm enjoying that they are fighting that bee/cat thing again though

EDIT: The Scienceman Twins game has Ronnie and them in it, not the Beeserker one. The Beeserker one is still fun though.

EDIT EDIT: Also I hate this thread because it introduced me to Nimona and that shits probably gonna make me sad.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 17, 2014

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
It isn't said enough, but Sam & Fuzzy continues to be really great stuff, fascinating character developments and a lot of good mystery at the core of its current arc, although good lord I'm really hoping we start to finally get some answers or forward momentum, I feel like we've been pursuing Hazel and this mystery Pit for an eternity now. Noosehead had its meandering bits too, but it was expanding the universe the whole while and creating a newer world. This chapter is doing that too, and the whole Burlesque Burglary mini-arc was pretty drat great, but I'd like to see some actual resolution to some of these long-dangling plot threads already.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Captain Bravo posted:

I don't know if Kismet has posted about it yet, but Mythos appears to have moved to a new site. I dunno if you want to update the list on the first page or not, peas.

Oh how I wish I could take credit for this comic.

Mythos is here now: mortalityplays.com (I KNEW there was somewhere I forgot to announce the move)

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dunno why you nerds are hating on Graveyard Quest, it's not like he's stopped making dumb comics to work on it exclusively. Hell, it's only been going on for so long because he's still posting stuff like this in between:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Captain Bravo posted:

Thanks for reminding me! I managed to update my personal bookmark but not that one. Oh, well. All set now.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Apothecia update

THE SPORING?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Anyone following Ava's Demon? The author just got back from their 2 week break. This latest update is very interestingly done.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Kismet posted:

Oh how I wish I could take credit for this comic.

Is it not your comic? Your name is listed beside it.

Edit: For actual content, I don't think anyone's posted about Ryan Estrada's new project.

Take Five promises to teach a shitload of user-submitted topics in five-minute comic strips.

He's also asking for donations to release comics faster, and also feed his cat. His Patreon explains more.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 19, 2014

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Captain Bravo posted:

Is it not your comic? Your name is listed beside it.

The link in your post was to Nedroid, not Mythos. :ssh:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

neogeo0823 posted:

Anyone following Ava's Demon? The author just got back from their 2 week break. This latest update is very interestingly done.

I was pleasantly surprised with that one. I tend to love it when authors experiment with presentation like that. As a bonus it finally seems to vindicate the choice of single panel layout I've seen people complain about. That kind of effect would a bit harder to get right otherwise.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

The link in your post was to Nedroid, not Mythos. :ssh:

I am a fool. :saddowns:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pavlov posted:

I was pleasantly surprised with that one. I tend to love it when authors experiment with presentation like that. As a bonus it finally seems to vindicate the choice of single panel layout I've seen people complain about. That kind of effect would a bit harder to get right otherwise.

It was most interesting to me that she wasn't really snapped out of it either, she came full circle from pushing people out as per normal to wanting to not be left behind, and it was a really great way to portray that inner conflict.

I have always really liked the single panel. You can do a lot with creative panel layouts, but with the one you can do whatever you want with each individual piece and not have to worry about fitting it all together thematically. Not that there's anything wrong with that either, but she makes it work so no reason to fix it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Eldercain posted:

It was most interesting to me that she wasn't really snapped out of it either, she came full circle from pushing people out as per normal to wanting to not be left behind, and it was a really great way to portray that inner conflict.

I have always really liked the single panel. You can do a lot with creative panel layouts, but with the one you can do whatever you want with each individual piece and not have to worry about fitting it all together thematically. Not that there's anything wrong with that either, but she makes it work so no reason to fix it.

Hah! There's even a tiny link to the Wikipedia on social anxiety hidden on one of the pages!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pavlov posted:

Hah! There's even a tiny link to the Wikipedia on social anxiety hidden on one of the pages!

:master:

It took me a couple times through that to find it.

RobinPierce
Aug 29, 2009

Curia Regis finished Chapter 3 today, which is a nice jumping on point for new readers! http://whatido.co.uk if you're interested.

RobinPierce fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 20, 2014

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Something is finally happening in Stay still, stay silent! :unsmigghh:
http://sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=167

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Speaking of Nedroid there were two updates in a span less than one year. Holy poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Agean90 posted:

Something is finally happening in Stay still, stay silent! :unsmigghh:
http://sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=167

What the gently caress is that thing!? :ohdear:

• Locked thread