Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Suqit posted:

He's completely right though.

No, he's not, and it's stuff like this that often makes me wonder if someone has ever even played football before. You can drill someone on what you want them to do until the cows come home but it's not going to dictate how they react in split second decision making under pressure. It can take footballers years before they truly understand their limitations against top class opposition in order to be able to have more wisdom in deciding what they try when they get the ball. Just because Deulofeu doesn't get it right all the time now doesn't mean he won't get to a point mentally when he matures where he will be able to in the future.

Unless you believe that people stop developing as footballers at 20, which you keep stating and I will keep telling you is absolutely false

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Duncan Sperguson posted:

No, he's not, and it's stuff like this that often makes me wonder if someone has ever even played football before. You can drill someone on what you want them to do until the cows come home but it's not going to dictate how they react in split second decision making under pressure. It can take footballers years before they truly understand their limitations against top class opposition in order to be able to have more wisdom in deciding what they try when they get the ball. Just because Deulofeu doesn't get it right all the time now doesn't mean he won't get to a point mentally when he matures where he will be able to in the future.

Unless you believe that people stop developing as footballers at 20, which you keep stating and I will keep telling you is absolutely false

Completely correct. Strong ignorance of neuroplasticity on display from some people here.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

And the thing is he will gain this maturity at the same pace regardless of whether he is regularly coming off the bench at Barca or starting semi regularly for another team on loan, so if your intention is to keep the player you should make sure he stays around the teammates he will be playing with and gaining even more of an understanding and rapport with them. Sending him away doesn't build chemistry, alienates the player, and will inevitably lead to then moving on. Bad for Barcelona, great for whoever gets Gerry because of their short sightedness

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
From what I've seen of Deulofeu he's closer to the real deal than Bojan, Dos Santos, Tello etc. He was genuinely exciting for Everton at times last season - the sort of player who scares defenders, makes things happen, adds a spark. The idea that a top top plaar should be close to the finished article or be completely mature at 20 is ridiculous and seems like something people might think if they only started watching football when Messi came on the scene.

I think he'll be good for Sevilla and Sevilla could be good for him. It'll be interesting to see what clubs come in for him when Barca decide to try and fund their next big, wasteful purchase. He's gonna be great, just probably not at Barca. If he somehow stays there and they actually develop him he could become a very balanced and effective player.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Deulofeu is just a poo poo, Catalan, Aidan McGeady tbh

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Adnar posted:

Deulofeu is just a poo poo, Catalan, Aidan McGeady tbh

He's only one of those things.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Bit redundant to call someone a poo poo McGeady

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
It amazes me that you people think that making the conscious decision to chase the ball after you lose it has anything to do with developing as a player or maturing.

He's lazy. That's not something that at 20 you suddenly mature enough to learn. He relies on skill because he's a lazy little gently caress. He doesn't play defense because he's a primadonna. He walks all the time because he doesn't think he needs to run.

These aren't issues that he will learn by getting older and more experience.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, they are

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
there's a lot of effortposting about some wank garbageman going on itt

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Suqit posted:

It amazes me that you people think that making the conscious decision to chase the ball after you lose it has anything to do with developing as a player or maturing.

He's lazy. That's not something that at 20 you suddenly mature enough to learn. He relies on skill because he's a lazy little gently caress. He doesn't play defense because he's a primadonna. He walks all the time because he doesn't think he needs to run.

These aren't issues that he will learn by getting older and more experience.

You know when Bale was 20 he was a poo poo left back who caused his team to lose. Really makes you think

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I wouldve kept him. He's not going to learn work ethic by being sent to a club where he's already one of their better players.

I would've sat him on the bench and tried to work with him in training constantly, then eventually giving him some garbageman minutes and hoping that the hard-on he got from playing first team football would motivate him to get his poo poo together. Hell they let Tello play so many games and all he could ever do was run fast down a wing and hit poo poo crosses.

Can't see how sending him out will teach him anything about tactics, work ethic, or effort.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Its pretty simple, look at how Ronaldo played when he was 20. He didn't "mature" his game until he was 24-25. Young players are always going to be a bit more greedy and do stupid mistakes. Can't believe someone doesn't understand the concept of experience

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Either way I'm looking forward to the Alpha Boys in White to beat Atletico tonight, ftw

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hegay posted:

Its pretty simple, look at how Ronaldo played when he was 20. He didn't "mature" his game until he was 24-25. Young players are always going to be a bit more greedy and do stupid mistakes. Can't believe someone doesn't understand the concept of experience

I think one would have to have never played a single minute of sports in their life to be that ignorant. Shocking stuff.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Hegay posted:

Either way I'm looking forward to the Alpha Boys in White to beat Atletico tonight, ftw

La Liga's 23:00 CET kickoffs are the worst. I have poo poo to do tomorrow morning.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gold and a Pager posted:

La Liga's 23:00 CET kickoffs are the worst. I have poo poo to do tomorrow morning.

Earlier kickoff would clash with Champions League playoff

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

thats a nice tribute to stefano

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
lmao he really REALLY wanted to foul Bale there

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

n...noo

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

James > Ronaldo I guess

edit: oh dear that's some slop https://mediacru.sh/x5hOEAgzCZfZ

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

stupid rear end f*g ref thats a pen

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I think Keylor will play on Friday, that was really bad by Iker

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Barca's transfer ban appeal has been turned down, so it will apply for all of 2015.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

peanut- posted:

Barca's transfer ban appeal has been turned down, so it will apply for all of 2015.

I wonder if they'll panic buy a ton of players at inflated prices now?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

beedeebee posted:

I wonder if they'll panic buy a ton of players at inflated prices now?

That'd be nothing new

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Sergio Ramos: http://gfycat.com/FreshWarmGenet

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hegay posted:

He was playing for a poo poo team when he was twenty. Because he was poo poo.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Ronald makes the bench

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Casillas; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao; Xabi Alonso, Kroos, Modric; James, Benzema y Bale

I'm glad Ronaldo is getting a rest. It would be retarded to risk getting him further injured just because a ~trophy~ is on the line. I don't think the Alonso - Kroos - Modric midfield works. Woulda liked to see Kroos playing deeper and Isco starting instead of Alonso. Happy about Varane playing, woulda prefered Marcelo on the left.

Moyá; Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Siqueira; Tiago, Gabi; Koke, Raúl García, Griezmann y Mandzukic

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

drat I forgot that Atleti signed Griezmann he's quality.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Griezmann with Hitlerjugend hair

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

gently caress me

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
well that was fast.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012