Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Does anyone know how close to release the last Brawl and/or Melee newcomers were revealed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Does anyone know how close to release the last Brawl and/or Melee newcomers were revealed?

After the game was released.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kirby, please cover your shame.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mighty Dicktron posted:

After the game was released.

I mean how close to release were they still revealing characters, besides the hidden ones they didn't mention until release. Basically I want to know if they're going to reveal anyone else before it comes out.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Kirby and Yoshi just wears shoes. Sonic and Pacman just wear shoes and gloves. The pokemon, Bowser and Donkey Kong are all NAKED. Diddy Kong refuses to wear pants!

Mild nudity? Bump this disgusting game up to M

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I mean how close to release were they still revealing characters, besides the hidden ones they didn't mention until release. Basically I want to know if they're going to reveal anyone else before it comes out.

The last character they revealed was Sheik, on January 16, 2008 and the game came out on January 31, 2008. They then immediately revealed Ness the day after, but obviously, it was pointless by then anyway.

So, like, two weeks before the game came out.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Re. Dark Pit: Wasn't he confirmed as a boss character on Palutena's Temple? Well, not confirmed, but I heard one of the footage for the stage has Dark Pit on it for a split sec on. It even makes sense, given the stages size and Dark Pits hit n run-tactics in Chapter 5.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Rated: Other M

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

Olimar was a month or two before release, Lucario, Wolf, Tink, and Rob were sometime after IIRC

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

codenameFANGIO posted:

According to this, Olimar was announced January 9, and the game came out in Japan on January 31.

edit: Looking at one of the old Brawl threads, the Olimar announcement was used as proof Ridley could be in the game. Good to know some things never change.

Erebus fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 20, 2014

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be another Nintendo Direct soon, so they could show another newcomer trailer then.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I can't believe how large the roster is. This is awesome.

So many character to smash in the face with Dedede's hammer.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Mild Nudity = Bayonetta

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

horriblePencilist posted:

Re. Dark Pit: Wasn't he confirmed as a boss character on Palutena's Temple? Well, not confirmed, but I heard one of the footage for the stage has Dark Pit on it for a split sec on. It even makes sense, given the stages size and Dark Pits hit n run-tactics in Chapter 5.

I believe someone spotted a debug HP bar in the top left corner. The Dark Pit thing was purely conjecture, though.

Also, the first Famitsu page for Meta Knight is up. His specials seem to work the same as in Brawl, apart from his up-B losing the glide. [Custom] Side B being a shield breaker looks fun.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Blackheart posted:

The eaten opponents become eyes! That's crazy cool.

I wonder if it's a generic eye model, or if each character has their own.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

TVs Ian posted:

So peach would have 3, like the melee trophy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Manticore posted:

Also, the first Famitsu page for Meta Knight is up. His specials seem to work the same as in Brawl, apart from his up-B losing the glide. [Custom] Side B being a shield breaker looks fun.

I wonder if Speed Drill's extra range is worth the trade of not being able to shoot diagonally. Right now I'm leaning towards "yes", if only because it might make Meta Knight even more invincible. Considering how long-range some of the recoveries now are, Speed Drill could be ridiculously good.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I hope the Wii U version retains the Mach Tornado's visual effect from Brawl, because the 3DS version's just looks like a generic particle effect.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Macaluso posted:

Donkey Kong are all NAKED. Diddy Kong refuses to wear pants!

Donkey Kong has a tie.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Leadthumb posted:

So peach would have 3, like the melee trophy.

That's Daisy, you fake nerd.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but Bowser's Castle from Paper Mario 64 shows up in the Paper Mario stage, which is loving rad as hell.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This thread is gonna look real goofy when the leak turns out to be real :smug:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Color Printer posted:

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but Bowser's Castle from Paper Mario 64 shows up in the Paper Mario stage, which is loving rad as hell.

I think that's from Sticker Star, but it's still cool.

Bowser's Paper Mario castle on the 64 had the head at the bottom and it was stone instead of metal.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

We can talk about all of that, or we can instead talk about Pac-Man's hilarious custom Down+Bs, courtesy of Kantopia of course:

Did I miss the game where Pac Man became a fire hydrant enthusiast?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Blaze Dragon posted:

We can talk about all of that, or we can instead talk about Pac-Man's hilarious custom Down+Bs, courtesy of Kantopia of course:

Erupting Plug looks more useful and I can never say no to fire, but Exploding Plug looks hilarious. I see myself changing between both depending entirely on how I feel that day and never seeing the normal Fire Hydrant because that's just boring.

Orange Luigi has been confirmed, all is right with the world.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Khanstant posted:

Pac-Land

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This thread is gonna look real goofy when the leak turns out to be real :smug:

Since we only get one every few years I'm always bummed when it happens with Smash. But I always love when this happens for a new Pokemon gen because more than any other franchise there will always be an varying array of disappointment from gamers. There's the ones who freak out about game length whenever the first reports about someone "beating" the game come in. The ones who call the latest batch of legendary 'mons the worst ones yet.

My favorite are the ones who will vehemently deny that the final forms for the starters are real when the actual final evolutions are leaked through text descriptions amidst a bevvy of false ones.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

horriblePencilist posted:

That's Daisy, you fake nerd.

Oh, I forgot :(

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

TVs Ian posted:

Looks like generic ghost eyes to me! (from the Pac-Man page)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Since we only get one every few years I'm always bummed when it happens with Smash. But I always love when this happens for a new Pokemon gen because more than any other franchise there will always be an varying array of disappointment from gamers. There's the ones who freak out about game length whenever the first reports about someone "beating" the game come in. The ones who call the latest batch of legendary 'mons the worst ones yet.

My favorite are the ones who will vehemently deny that the final forms for the starters are real when the actual final evolutions are leaked through text descriptions amidst a bevvy of false ones.

My favourite Pokemon leaks are when people try to draw the evolutions of the new starters and end up being completely wrong in every way.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Khanstant posted:

It's from Pac Man Adventure I think. :v:

edit: beaten and wrong wakka wakka wakka

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Improbable Lobster posted:

My favourite Pokemon leaks are when people try to draw the evolutions of the new starters and end up being completely wrong in every way.

Some of those fake evolutions come off as way better than the originals, admittedly. Like the wise old bubblebeard fake Froakie versus Strider Hiryu as a frog or just about anything versus Chesnaught (I like the big guy, but he's just not anywhere near what he could be).

blue font
Feb 28, 2011
I liked Wolf, and would be disappointed if he was cut in favor of... Doctor Mario again.

If the leak is false, and Wolf does make his way back, I hope he sounds less like Foghorn Leghorn and more like he did in SF64.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Some of those fake evolutions come off as way better than the originals, admittedly. Like the wise old bubblebeard fake Froakie versus Strider Hiryu as a frog
wait did you just imply that strider hiryu as a frog isn't the coolest poo poo

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Color Printer posted:

Uh, whoaly poo poo, I missed the part where there even WAS a Paper Mario stage. :supaburn:

...Wait, there will be a Wii U version of the stage, right?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

blue font posted:

I liked Wolf, and would be disappointed if he was cut in favor of... Doctor Mario again.

If the leak is false, and Wolf does make his way back, I hope he sounds less like Foghorn Leghorn and more like he did in SF64.

Wolf was one of my most played characters. I'd be ok with him not returning as long as some character gets his A moves.
I don't care if it's wolf or not, I just want his move set to return.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Uh, whoaly poo poo, I missed the part where there even WAS a Paper Mario stage. :supaburn:

...Wait, there will be a Wii U version of the stage, right?

It's only been confirmed for 3DS so far, so I wouldn't necessarily expect it for Wii U. The concept is that it will be a transforming stage where settings from all four PM games will pop up at intervals.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

wait did you just imply that strider hiryu as a frog isn't the coolest poo poo

Yeah Greninja is literally the best and not "it just gets bigger" like that dumb bad fake.

Edit: I'll be the thread laughing stock. I'm starting to believe the leak is genuinely real. There's stuff that looks hosed up but same time the renders and tomadachi life stage thing are all too good

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I hope its real. That Duck Hunt render is just too good, I'll be very disappointed if it's fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

its fake

• Locked thread