Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is everyone still on Deepwood? No one is on anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is everyone still on Deepwood? No one is on anymore.

Yes, and yes but it's ok for lowbies since I'm almost singlehandedly making sure everyone gets bags and a mount, but raiding is beyond dead. 3.0/expansion landing should bring a resurgence.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Sgt. Slaughter posted:

On trying to log in the next day I got on first try without issue. I guess my ISP was doing something weird that day.

Actually the days you had issues the internet was imploding due to the BGPocalypse, your ISP was probably just slow to fix it's edge routers.

Or you were being routed through Cogent, who suck balls on a normal day.

Edgy Bees
Sep 9, 2013
Looking for a guild invite. Character name: Drukqs.

e. Invite received, thank you.

Edgy Bees fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 24, 2014

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Are product keys for the original version of the game still useful for anything? I found 2 copies of the game while cleaning things out for a move and I'd be happy to pass the codes along to some goons who'd actually get use out of 'em. Shoot me a PM if so.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mad Fnorder posted:

Are product keys for the original version of the game still useful for anything? I found 2 copies of the game while cleaning things out for a move and I'd be happy to pass the codes along to some goons who'd actually get use out of 'em. Shoot me a PM if so.

I think they turn crappy new accounts into full bigboy accounts with extra character and bag slots.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

deadtear posted:

I think they turn crappy new accounts into full bigboy accounts with extra character and bag slots.
They probably give you AH access too...

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

OneEightHundred posted:

They probably give you AH access too...

I forgot that was a thing gated behind a loyalty wall.

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I've got a few characters up to 20 or so now, and the most annoying part of the free account is the lack of bag slots. Anyone around that can invite a few of my characters to the goon guild?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Names would help, or if you're in goonsquad in game.

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I joined the chat channel goonsquad, but no one seems to reply in it. Bonemonger and harbles are my characters if you see 'em on.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ratchild13 posted:

Yeah I joined the chat channel goonsquad, but no one seems to reply in it. Bonemonger and harbles are my characters if you see 'em on.

I'll invite you when I get back from the store and nobody beats me to it, invites are mailed so you don't need to stay logged in if you don't want to. Secondary, what kind of bags do you have?

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I got some 18 slots from the AH, so not too bad. Some kindly pubbie gave me 3 mounts and 50 plat my first day, which was a nice breath of fresh air.

dertylol
Jun 11, 2014
Looking for a guild invite, character name is Dertylol

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
Can I get an invite on Isz? used to be in the guild but alas, it appears "my guild has moved"?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I bought this game when it first came out and played it ffor maybe a week then stopped. Looking tostart again since it looks to have a whole lot of content now. Just have two questions which may be too simplistic or stupid, but I'll try anyway:

I am a solo player, primarily.

I want to make a Necromancer. What race and spec should I go?

I also want to make a Rogue. What race and spec should I go?

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Mr Scumbag posted:

Race selection doesn't matter much. Race selection affects appearance, racial abilities, and default faction (guardian/defiant). Choose the race by appearance and faction, since racials aren't game changing.

Original soul selection isn't important anymore for new characters. They removed the quests to unlock "other souls" and new characters start with all purchased souls.

There are now pre-built soul templates available in game. These templates are great for new\returning players. Templates will show complimentary souls and will describe how to use them.

Use a soul template until you know your spells enough to make a custom setup.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mr Scumbag posted:

I bought this game when it first came out and played it ffor maybe a week then stopped. Looking tostart again since it looks to have a whole lot of content now. Just have two questions which may be too simplistic or stupid, but I'll try anyway:

Well, you'd probably go necromancer soul and maybe some warlock for the first, as for the second uhh what kind of rogue? I'd recommend having tactician for leveling at least till 50 because it's really loving good and you flamethrower everything.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
nightmare tide launches october 8th

having seen 3.0 in alpha and beta and the current state of the endgame i can safely say it's going to be hilariously unfinished

can't wait

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

shut up gelly posted:

nightmare tide launches october 8th

having seen 3.0 in alpha and beta and the current state of the endgame i can safely say it's going to be hilariously unfinished

can't wait

and no one is surprised. can't wait to kill akylios again cause i'm sure he's going to show up somewhere

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Invites caught up.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I'm looking for something new to play and haven't tried this yet. I'll be in as Rafza.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Rianeva posted:

and no one is surprised. can't wait to kill akylios again cause i'm sure he's going to show up somewhere

with only 6 raid bosses in 3.0 (4 for the 10man and 2 for the 20man from what ive seen) and akylios already recycled once twice this expansion im sure they can think of some other boss to dig up

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, so. I'm recently coming back to Rift, but I can't remember why I quit. What are the basic quality of life fixes that have gone on, and how are the new souls?

Also, is the Rift Mobile app completely broken? I can't seem to log in at all :(

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Time to dust off my old characters, I had forgotten how many things I like about this game. Applied as Kahakai.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Post poste posted:

how are the new souls?
I can't speak for the other 3 but Oracle does hilarious damage for a support. I think it's kind of boring though because its rotation is REALLY simplistic.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
The healing souls are beyond overpowered as gently caress.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
All of the new souls are pretty much the best.

Apparently it was the same thing with the first soul pack, too, but that's been toned down a bit.

Slowly but surely the new souls are being brought back into line.

Some of them are kind of niche, like the warrior healing soul being raid/AoE healing, but they're still really loving good at what they do. For instance, the warrior while it's AOE healing, is still perfectly capable of main healing in a 5-man, which kind of highlights why it's so powerful.

Edit: Part of the reason this doesn't piss me off is because other classes still have way more options for doing things, which makes them more well-rounded. For instance, Rogue (which has good healers!) doesn't have the niche stuff that people flip the gently caress out over like Defiler. At least, not behind a paywall: Bard is good support, and is free. All of their DPS is good and free.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tom Powers posted:

All of the new souls are pretty much the best.

Apparently it was the same thing with the first soul pack, too, but that's been toned down a bit.

Slowly but surely the new souls are being brought back into line.

Some of them are kind of niche, like the warrior healing soul being raid/AoE healing, but they're still really loving good at what they do. For instance, the warrior while it's AOE healing, is still perfectly capable of main healing in a 5-man, which kind of highlights why it's so powerful.

To be fair to lib, chloro can too.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
lib is completely useless in a raid setting as a tacphys can do far more sustained healing while wardens can do the same burst healing, both providing significantly more dps to a raid than a liberator

arbiter depends entirely on whether the mage playing it has any loving idea whatsoever on how to use charge properly. most mages dont.

oracle makes bard entirely obsolete. some oracle hybrids can do absurd, unbelievable burst.

physician can replace a chloro on most fights.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

So, the collector's editions for NT are up. They are a complete shitshow.

The new equipment slots are earrings. I guess piercing ears is really hard or something. The $50 edition includes a reusable dream orb and an instant 60, as well as two void source accelerators (more on that in a second). For $150, you get one of those funky shark mounts, reusable black dye, and four more accelerators. There's a bunch of other stuff in there too but most of it is cosmetic.

I'm actually pretty mad about the accelerators, because if you buy now, you'll get them now, and they can upgrade t3 relics to relics that blow away current t3 gear. And there's no way to get them right now outside of paying for a collector's edition.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

The new equipment slots are earrings. I guess piercing ears is really hard or something. The $50 edition includes a reusable dream orb and an instant 60

What.

Wait so Rift is actually pay to win now?

Whatever it's not like greenscale ever dropped hammers or anything I'm not bitter I swear.

Admittedly I retained some hope of the game being playable after launch but I think I'm going to go through with getting rid of my rift account now lol.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

I'm actually pretty mad about the accelerators, because if you buy now, you'll get them now, and they can upgrade t3 relics to relics that blow away current t3 gear. And there's no way to get them right now outside of paying for a collector's edition.

But you would have to have T3 relics in the first place. I still have 2 60s that haven't gotten into T2 yet.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Reusable Dream Orbs and purchase-only better-than-T3 relics? Good job Trion.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Reusable Dream Orbs and purchase-only better-than-T3 relics? Good job Trion.

I can understand the accelerators, but the Dream Orbs aren't really a big deal since they aren't End-Game viable.

This infinite-use Dream Orb provides basic enchantments to any gear you’d like to enhance across all characters on your account. Never waste a Dream Orb while leveling up again!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

SlayVus posted:

Never waste a Dream Orb while leveling up again!

This sounds good at first but then you realize that there is no real reason to bother with dream orbs while leveling anyway. It will be a slight boost while leveling and maybe for a bit while gearing up at the cap but it is hardly worth the money you pay for it.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

What.

Wait so Rift is actually pay to win now?

Whatever it's not like greenscale ever dropped hammers or anything I'm not bitter I swear.

Admittedly I retained some hope of the game being playable after launch but I think I'm going to go through with getting rid of my rift account now lol.

yeah i'm done. the new upgrade gear is a 20% stat gain over the old stuff, and you can only get it by paying trion $150. time to sell my account. i wonder what a t3 geared warrior will go for.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

shut up gelly posted:

yeah i'm done. the new upgrade gear is a 20% stat gain over the old stuff, and you can only get it by paying trion $150. time to sell my account. i wonder what a t3 geared warrior will go for.

doesn't that stuff come out in like a month though? if you're primarily playing PvE, who cares?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

down with slavery posted:

doesn't that stuff come out in like a month though? if you're primarily playing PvE, who cares?

Are you for real. This guy doesn't think stats matter in PvE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Zoness posted:

Are you for real. This guy doesn't think stats matter in PvE.

isn't the new stuff they are talking about for content that doesn't even exist yet? Who cares if you can't get the epic super armor to kill the dragon if the dragon doesn't exist yet?

• Locked thread