Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Jesus I remember the least popular member of my ALS class. He was a recruiter who had a stupid retort and joke for everything. By the end of ALS nobody even pretended to like him.

We had a smelly kid. No one liked smelly kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Cojawfee posted:

What kind of horrifying goony gently caress are you? I'm a nerdy loser as shimazu will gladly tell you and I managed to make decent friends in als.

smertrioslol posted:

We had a smelly kid. No one liked smelly kid.

I don't smell, but based on the peer assessment where I scored lower than the kid who doesn't do poo poo unless you tell him, I figured I was the bottom of the class.

PicnicBasket
Mar 21, 2010
If you're capable of introspection, please search for the reason that you'd rank below a guy who doesn't do anything. Alternatively, pass ALS without giving a gently caress because you'll still get paid the same either way.

Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.

iyaayas01 posted:

As far as the MC-12s go, forget abusing their people at a criminal dwell ratio (like he points out they're far from the only community doing that), their leadership along with USAF senior leadership has killed people because of poor decisions leading to a bastardized community with no continuity and institutionalized acceptance of lovely inadequate training...and honestly they're lucky the body count has only been 4 so far. Same goes for a couple of other "need it right now" communities we've got thanks to fighting pointless wars in bumfuckistan.

But yeah, spot on good post, especially the part about flag officers considering FGOs to be nothing more than minions. The sad thing is there are way too many FGOs out there who do nothing to disabuse the notion that they are anything other than minions...and most of the ones I know who aren't that way are basically counting down the years till they hit 20 and can punch out of the bullshit organization.

Also holy poo poo, if you haven't been following the Blair Kaiser saga....grab some popcorn and start reading. Bonus tibit being this friendly reminder that "protected" IG communications are anything but.

tl;dr - SQ/CC is relieved for no reason, is given a referral OPR by a rater who the day before he was fired discussed a (non-referral) OPR with him that included, among other things, an OG/CC push line, rater basically says "I have no idea why your WG/CC relieved you, I'm still signing the referral, sorry," and then when faced with a Congressional inquiry on the matter the AF cites, as their sole justification for why he was fired, a CDI which had no substantiated findings of misconduct and was initiated five days after he was relieved. Also the AMC/CC was talking with some Majors from some AMC PME course in his office about professionalism or some poo poo and (allegedly) started talking about the intimate details of a protected communication made to his IG related to the Blair Kaiser situation...unfortunately for him, the individual who made the protected communication WAS IN THE loving ROOM when he started yapping about it and was a little miffed that intimate details from a protected communication she had made were the subject of a discussion with her four-star MAJCOM boss and many of her peers.

:laugh:

According to a few friends who were in that unit, Kaiser is nothing like the blameless saint he is portrayed to be in social media. Him being fired was definitely not without cause.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Then you don't hide the cause, and you don't make up reasons. If it's justified, it's justified. If not but he's a dick, that's not against the rules.

Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.
Command decisions do not need to be vetted by social media/court of public opinion or by some pundit with a website and an agenda. He didn't get outed just because he's a dick. He created a toxic environment in which his squadron could not function properly. His most vehement defenders (the internet warriors who are defending him on that site) are "his boys" and do not represent the opinions of the rest of the squadron.

Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.
Oh and there are plenty of other (read: more significant) things to criticize the Air Force for. Squadron commanders being fired without a justification released to the public is definitely not one of those, even if the one-sided stories resulting from them seem totally unfair to an interwebs cyber knight. Guess who still gets to retire at the very least as a lieutenant colonel?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
personally i think transparency makes the military work better, not worst. at least in my unit, the transparent processes are the only ones that aren't insanely hosed up somehow because thrre's little oversight, or if there is, both ends just try to hide it instead of fix it.

im a stupid enlisted though. also i went to mental health today. i just want to feel like a person again

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^Getting out helps. People start treating you like a human being rather than a pet or draught animal. Hang in there.

That he was fired isn't even the issue. It's how the entire situation is being mishandled. Accountability is one of several concerns in this case. You and I have already sorted out that we disagree on this, but in my opinion leaders should have some level of accountability to subordinates. As a general rule, "not lying" should be part of that. Not gossiping about IG complaints probably should be, too.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Winterfresh posted:

Command decisions do not need to be vetted by social media/court of public opinion or by some pundit with a website and an agenda. He didn't get outed just because he's a dick. He created a toxic environment in which his squadron could not function properly. His most vehement defenders (the internet warriors who are defending him on that site) are "his boys" and do not represent the opinions of the rest of the squadron.

Doesn't hurt that the guy that fired him is possibly the least-liked individual in MAF

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
He managed to piss off ACC units too... thanks to his "valiant" leadership as the EOG/CC.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Rekinom posted:

JQP is an interesting read sometimes because he likes to publicly skewer the type of people in this bureaucracy that I personally dislike the most (AMC leadership). At the same time, holy poo poo he loves to dial the goddamn rhetoric up to 11. All these goddamn platitudes about integrity, honor, and service. Give me a loving break, dude, you're not an 12th century holy warrior in the goddamn crusades. You're a retired middle management dude who stuck it out long enough in his cushy political Air Force job to collect a pension. gently caress off, Tony.

lol yeah that too

Winterfresh posted:

You're right, command decisions don't need to be vetted in the court of public opinion...but setting aside the disagreement about accountability and whether or not the justification behind these decisions should be publicly discussed, there was a Congressional inquiry into this. Pretty sure the AF at least statutorily owes a response to Congress even if it doesn't owe a response to servicemembers. The AF responded to the inquiry with a one page memo that not only didn't answer the questions posed by the inquiry but actively attempted to further obfuscate the issue.

Unless you're totally okay with the military ignoring any sort of civilian oversight (even more so than it already does), completely blowing off a Congressional inquiry should trouble you a bit.

Oh, and judging by the current crop of commanders floating around the AF, he probably would've been just fine staying in command if he had been more of a dick. We seem to like to retain assholes.

xaarman posted:

He managed to piss off ACC units too... thanks to his "valiant" leadership as the EOG/CC.

Hey, he pickled bombs in a Bone buddy

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Found out I'll be spending my deployment chillin in civilian cloths sipping on my two drinks a day until I have to hop into a helicopter to go pick up some tip of the spear dude with his brains hanging out.

I feel like I came out on top for this round.

Edit: How the gently caress does a bunch of armed white people in a fenced off area with helicopters coming and going count as inconspicuous? Oh hey they aren't in a uniform, no way are they military.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 21, 2014

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cenen posted:

Found out I'll be spending my deployment chillin in civilian cloths sipping on my two drinks a day until I have to hop into a helicopter to go pick up some tip of the spear dude with his brains hanging out.

Edit: How the gently caress does a bunch of armed white people in a fenced off area with helicopters coming and going count as inconspicuous? Oh hey they aren't in a uniform, no way are they military.

uhh, dude, lol. it wouldn't be the military if it wasn't for the uniform. :rolleyes:

Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.

iyaayas01 posted:

Pretty sure the AF at least statutorily owes a response to Congress even if it doesn't owe a response to servicemembers. The AF responded to the inquiry with a one page memo that not only didn't answer the questions posed by the inquiry but actively attempted to further obfuscate the issue.

Unless you're totally okay with the military ignoring any sort of civilian oversight (even more so than it already does), completely blowing off a Congressional inquiry should trouble you a bit.

Oh, and judging by the current crop of commanders floating around the AF, he probably would've been just fine staying in command if he had been more of a dick. We seem to like to retain assholes.

The "inquiry" in question was a memo from a Senator asking why Kaiser got fired, not some kind of tribunal or the creation of a committee. The AF responded accordingly with a memo of its own and despite how it is portrayed by that idiotic site, it does not "obfuscate" or "completely blow off" a Congressional inquiry. This JQP rear end in a top hat makes enormous leaps of assumption and draws inaccurate conclusions based on both confirmation and fundamental attribution biases.

Here's what you need to know and I'm surprised he even bothered to mention it in his article because it nullifies his stance:

“Specifically, Colonel Martinez relieved him of command for the following reasons: issues regarding overall climate within the 30 AS and concerns about officer and enlisted fraternization, [and] alleged alcohol consumption within 12 hours prior to flight duties.”

There's your answer to the inquiry. Kaiser's boss lost faith in his ability to command and pulled him out of it. It is his prerogative as a commander.

Also, from all the stories I've heard concerning Kaiser, he was an absolute dick to everyone except his bros so your last point is moot as well.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Winterfresh posted:

The "inquiry" in question was a memo from a Senator asking why Kaiser got fired, not some kind of tribunal or the creation of a committee. The AF responded accordingly with a memo of its own and despite how it is portrayed by that idiotic site, it does not "obfuscate" or "completely blow off" a Congressional inquiry. This JQP rear end in a top hat makes enormous leaps of assumption and draws inaccurate conclusions based on both confirmation and fundamental attribution biases.

Here's what you need to know and I'm surprised he even bothered to mention it in his article because it nullifies his stance:

“Specifically, Colonel Martinez relieved him of command for the following reasons: issues regarding overall climate within the 30 AS and concerns about officer and enlisted fraternization, [and] alleged alcohol consumption within 12 hours prior to flight duties.”

There's your answer to the inquiry. Kaiser's boss lost faith in his ability to command and pulled him out of it. It is his prerogative as a commander.

Also, from all the stories I've heard concerning Kaiser, he was an absolute dick to everyone except his bros so your last point is moot as well.

why are you so wound up about this bud

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
im out don't give a gently caress about any air force poo poo anymore ~carry on

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

krispykremessuck posted:

nothing worse than someone who sticks up for an ethically questionable amc officer

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Helldump Immunity. posted:

im out don't give a gently caress about any air force poo poo anymore ~carry on

you did when you were in?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Cenen posted:

What the gently caress do you even do?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

the world's luckiest IDMT

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Cenen posted:

Reminds me of any time we took a trip anywhere overseas. Yeah, 30 white dudes around 6 feet tall wearing mandatory polos and slacks aren't going to stand out in Buttfucka, Peru where the best dressed people on the street have 15 year old Walmart-reject tshirts and jorts.

Winterfresh posted:

Sounds like exactly the kind of person you give an OPR push line for MAJCOM staff for that reporting period. On top of that, the reply to Sen Pryor loving lied. One of the reasons given was the IG investigation when it didn't even begin until after Kaiser was relieved.

Totally doesn't seem shady at all.

Edit: If he was outright ignoring fraternization and in some way fostering alcohol incidents, then absolutely he should've been shitcanned. But if that's the case, then why is this such a mess? Why is the IG chatting poo poo up with the chain of command? Why was Gen Fucknuts gossiping about a privileged report? Why spit out a shoddy 1-page memo to a senator when preparing a proper reply would've taken 10 or 15 minutes, tops? That kind of report isn't hard to do and if they'd done their due diligence in gathering information prior to deciding to relieve Kaiser, it should've already been typed up for HHQ and needed, at most, some anti-jargon rewording.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 21, 2014

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

krispykremessuck posted:

see this is what WIC does to a person

wf we dont even hang out anymore bro. I mean wtf

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

the world's luckiest IDMT

Now his post makes actual sense. Back in the early days of CSAR getting ILO tasked with MEDEVAC/CASEVAC, IDMTs filled in for the PJ element because the PJs thought it wasn't their mission. A lot of the older CSAR dudes said the IDMTs were easy to work with because they were just so happy to be there.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

iyaayas01 posted:

you did when you were in?

touché

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

Sounds like exactly the kind of person you give an OPR push line for MAJCOM staff for that reporting period. On top of that, the reply to Sen Pryor loving lied. One of the reasons given was the IG investigation when it didn't even begin until after Kaiser was relieved.

Also one of the other reasons (alleged 12 hour violation) was found to be unsubstantiated in the CDI...the same CDI that was referenced in the response to the Senator.

Hence my comments about obfuscation. If your goal is to provide a straightforward response, why include allegations in a response to a Senator when you know quite well that the allegations were found to be unsubstantiated? Now, if your goal is to mislead and throw out enough chaff to get the Senator to focus his attention elsewhere...

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Respiratory therapist.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

iyaayas01 posted:

Also one of the other reasons (alleged 12 hour violation) was found to be unsubstantiated in the CDI...the same CDI that was referenced in the response to the Senator.

Hence my comments about obfuscation. If your goal is to provide a straightforward response, why include allegations in a response to a Senator when you know quite well that the allegations were found to be unsubstantiated? Now, if your goal is to mislead and throw out enough chaff to get the Senator to focus his attention elsewhere...

Jesus loving christ who loving cares, seriously. so much insanely hosed up poo poo goes on in the military where people get hosed raw in the rear end by a 15 inch blue cocks that some dumb loving light colonel getting sacked barely even registers on the radar.

does anyone even know this rear end in a top hat? does anyone here actually plan on being a CC someday? then gently caress off.

Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.

Rekinom posted:

see this is what WIC does to a person

wf we dont even hang out anymore bro. I mean wtf

You got a girl now so you're sort of dead to me. Unless she has hot friends...

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Anyway if we fired all our ltcols that run their squadrons like bullshit frat parties then we'd have like 2 sq ccs left in AMC

Plus that alcohol thing was totally bullshit, it's one of the least legitimate takedowns the c-130 world has and you don't have to be of low moral fiber to understand that

Rekinom posted:

does anyone even know this rear end in a top hat? does anyone here actually plan on being a CC someday? then gently caress off.

Yes, no, shut up

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
no, you shut up

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

Winterfresh posted:

You got a girl now so you're sort of dead to me. Unless she has hot friends...

pix or it didnt happen

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rekinom posted:

no, you shut up

I'm still confused why you want us to stop making GBS threads on the AF for institutional stupidity. Is it this story in particular? I'm sure something else will pop up by the end of the week.

Or we can see what the academy's been up to in the past few days, or Lackland. Or go back to the forever-ridiculous anti-rape hand sanitizer. Or blatantly dumb poo poo like banning morale patches until the very next rape scandal hit and something was needed to cheer up Facebook.

Edit: Skipped a word.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 21, 2014

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Let's settle this by posting our flickerball stats

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i know im a gay baby but talking to people feels nice.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

My cousin is in the academy now, and unironically talks about this poo poo. I can see his soul being drained from him one day at a time. Soon there will be nothing left.

Hang the nobles before they rip my family apart.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

smertrioslol posted:

Hang the nobles

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

smertrioslol posted:

My cousin is in the academy now, and unironically talks about this poo poo. I can see his soul being drained from him one day at a time. Soon there will be nothing left.

Hang the nobles before they rip my family apart.

Stockholm Syndrome. Happens to a lot of Academy guys. You just have to reintroduce him to the real world after he's done. But do it slowly. A sudden shock of "normal people" could cause him to retreat back into his big blue shell and never come out.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Don't play flickerball at SOS anymore bro, all about FLEX now

(which is in fact even gayer and more retarded than flickerball, about the only redeeming quality about it is that you get to throw kickballs at people)

The best thing about FLEX was the exchange officers who clearly don't understand the rules (mostly because they barely speak English) just grabbing a ball and beaning people in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

iyaayas01 posted:

Don't play flickerball at SOS anymore bro, all about FLEX now

SOS by correspondence here because I wasn't sharp enough for residence :smug:

• Locked thread