Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!

Kloaked00 posted:

If only they left the part in where production yelled at Christine for trying to help Cody/Caleb

Do tell! Did they say something during the comp? I assume not because Donny would've heard it, no?

I'm proud of that man.

I wish I had the time and patience for the feeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

From the way Christine told it she was trying to put a bone she found in Cody and Caleb's board and BB said something like "You can't put pieces in the other team's board."

Donny 100% knows she was throwing it and Christine was freaking out about that afterwards, not just because it makes her a target but because she knew it would look bad on tv especially after backdooring her "best friend" last week. After the BotB Christine and Derrick seemed to realize that the Bomb Squad/Detonators are the season's villains and were having mini meltdowns about it. And Derrick claims he heard some production members applaud when Donny won so they realized he's the hero/underdog everyone is rooting for because they're all lying to him and trying to set him up and he keeps saving himself.

Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!
Awesome thanks Goat

My wife and I were saying that - that she had to at least find ONE bone and put it in their board. Donny's not stupid. I'm glad that Derrick figured out that Donny is the underdog. I was tired of him going on the block for no real reason.

lol I wish they had shown Christine trying to put a bone in the other team's board.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Tide posted:

What is Donny's record in POV and BOB?
Achievement Unlocked: Life's Winners (3,ooo GP)

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

From the way Christine told it she was trying to put a bone she found in Cody and Caleb's board and BB said something like "You can't put pieces in the other team's board."

Donny 100% knows she was throwing it and Christine was freaking out about that afterwards, not just because it makes her a target but because she knew it would look bad on tv especially after backdooring her "best friend" last week. After the BotB Christine and Derrick seemed to realize that the Bomb Squad/Detonators are the season's villains and were having mini meltdowns about it. And Derrick claims he heard some production members applaud when Donny won so they realized he's the hero/underdog everyone is rooting for because they're all lying to him and trying to set him up and he keeps saving himself.

I thought Christine and maybe Cody heard that too. Either way that melt down was awesome.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

sbaldrick posted:

I thought Christine and maybe Cody heard that too. Either way that melt down was awesome.

Is there a timestamp for the feed archive?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sbaldrick posted:

This isn't really a live feed spoiler since its just recounting what we've already seen, but Donny just said that the bone Christine gave to Caleb was one he actually found and gave to her. Says that's when BB called her out and it broke his heart.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

This isn't really a live feed spoiler since its just recounting what we've already seen, but Donny just said that the bone Christine gave to Caleb was one he actually found and gave to her. Says that's when BB called her out and it broke his heart.

Awww poor Donny :(

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Donny is now in Operation: Scortched Earth mode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Does Derrick seriously not realize what a hypocritical rear end in a top hat he comes off like when he says "if you're not with me you're against me" the week he nominated Donny and conspired to have the BotB thrown to get him sent home?

Like, did Derrick forget that we know what actually happened?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Does Derrick seriously not realize what a hypocritical rear end in a top hat he comes off like when he says "if you're not with me you're against me" the week he nominated Donny and conspired to have the BotB thrown to get him sent home?

Like, did Derrick forget that we know what actually happened?
I'm only saying this for the benefit of the non-feed watchers because you all ready know this:

Derrick is using his DRs to influence the broadcast only watchers that he's being magnanimous to everyone while feedsters know otherwise. He's doing a delicate balancing act and production is sort of going along with it in the edits. Derrick has wanted Donny out for weeks, Team America be damned.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but that's my point. I was on Derrick's side a lot up until this point but he was HOH, nominated Donny, and plotted to have the BotB thrown so he'd stay the target. Does Derrick think that didn't make air or something? What the gently caress?

The truth is (and I know this as a feed watcher) is that Derrick has massive control issues and loses his poo poo when something goes wrong for him. But at least he kind of admitted it.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Hahaha broken Zingbot!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Frankie would love Kathy Griffin. :jerkbag:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christine upset that ZingBot isn't being mean...

drool

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Zing, motherfucker!

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Zach looked really upset at being called out for crying, wearing pink, and cuddling with boys :saddowns:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Victoria is still clueless.
You made it to Top 8 because you are a goat.

Specifically, Derrick's goat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wee Bairns posted:

Zing, motherfucker!

:o

Holy poo poo. That Zach zing. That was amazing.

Yay, Kathy Griffin?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I never heard the burn on Zach mentioned on the live feeds.

Nice surprise.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Victoria is basically a cartoon.

Cody is such a loving moron. Even Caleb can do this.

"Beastmode is a lot more than physical competitions."

"I'm good at circuit boards."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

STAC Goat posted:

Christine upset that ZingBot isn't being mean...

drool

ZING!

What's that? Is that karmic justice in my BB16? How'd that get there?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Jesus Caleb. Looks like he was actually on the verge of beating the poo poo out of Victoria.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BonoMan posted:

Jesus Caleb. Looks like he was actually on the verge of beating the poo poo out of Victoria.

It was so much worse on the feeds. Caleb was screaming in her face off and on for like half an hour before they turned on Zach. It was absolutely psychotic and Victoria mentioned she was scared.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
I hate you, Frankie. You're a loving douchebag.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

For the good of this poo poo season we need Hayden back and Donny or Hayden to win the next HOH and finally flip the loving script.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was some cold poo poo. No golden edit could cushion that blow. Especially since we got to see that Frankie set him up as the saboteur as an excuse and didn't feel at all bad about it.

It's no wonder Ariana and his mom were desperately begging him not to do it on twitter and coming up with insane conspiracy theories that Frankie had some secret plan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Robnoxious posted:

For the good of this poo poo season we need Hayden back and Donny or Hayden to win the next HOH and finally flip the loving script.

Unfortunately I don't think that would change anything, really. Best case scenario, Frankie and Derrick get nominated. Frankie goes, and the Bomb Squad and Victoria are even further united behind Derrick than they were when Frankie was yielding some minor influence over Caleb and Christine. Derrick just gets four goats instead of two.

Hayden/Zach/Nicole/Jocasta and Donny need to win two or three HOHs in a row to actually stop this train, I fear.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Britt Burns posted:

I hate you, Frankie. You're a loving douchebag.

I think I hate him more than the racists. :mad:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

violetdragon posted:

I think I hate him more than the racists. :mad:

It's just so gross how Frankie has Zach's emotions wrapped around his fabulous little pinky and then goes on to treat him the way he has. I really think that Zach is emotionally stunted and vulnerable to charismatic charmers.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

At least with the racists, you could make the argument that most of the vitriol was driven by a mix of ignorance and malice. Frankie, on the other hand... the dude is just 100% malice, with zero self-awareness over the fact that he is a massive rear end in a top hat. He's a dick just to be a dick, and then doesn't even realize that he was a dick (while still calling everyone else a dick).

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
What pisses me off on this whole matter, is Zach getting screwed by Team America. I'm PRAYING they have the audience ask questions finale night, and someone with balls goes "Zach should really be getting the Team America money, since HE'S THE ONE WHO DID ALL YOUR poo poo EVERY WEEK."

At least at this point, it's almost guaranteed he'd probably return for an All Stars year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'd really love it if on finale night when they revealed Team America to the cast they then give Zach and extra stipend check for all the tasks they used him on. Without Zach they probably wouldn't have made a cent.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oops wrong thread (maybe)

Tide fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 21, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Looks like everyone is coming around to our way of thinking about Frankie.

Ariana Grande ‏@ArianaGrande 53s
hating tonight's #bb16 episode. wanna hug @frankiejgrande n then slap some sense into him. grrr. save zach! put up derrick. please. so upset

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So here's a thought I had tonight about Frankie. When we watch survivor, we constantly get upset at people on the jury for being all upset about JUST A GAME. We root for guys who play strategic games and get rewarded for it. With Frankie (I really dislike him, too), we are making GBS threads on him for taking the game seriously and abusing/ignoring his personal ties. Where do we draw the line?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

We'd probably feel that way in survivor if we were exposed to them poo poo talking the other person for hours on end. Not sure if it happens, probably to a lesser extent since there aren't rooms to go hide in. In survivor we wouldn't see Frankie throwing Zach under the bus on those weeks that it didn't end up mattering.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

blue squares posted:

So here's a thought I had tonight about Frankie. When we watch survivor, we constantly get upset at people on the jury for being all upset about JUST A GAME. We root for guys who play strategic games and get rewarded for it. With Frankie (I really dislike him, too), we are making GBS threads on him for taking the game seriously and abusing/ignoring his personal ties. Where do we draw the line?

Most people who really despise Frankie do so based on stuff from the live feeds. If you're just watching the show, he's not too bad, because they haven't showed much of him being vile.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I mean us live feeders know that this Frankie/Zach relationship has a lot more burnt bridges than the show has let on. We know Frankie has been backstabbing Zach since Week 2, that he's attempted to guilt and emotionally blackmail Zach into loyalty time and time again, that he's made up vicious lies about Zach and called him a misogynst and a female "abuser", that he's called Zach a demon and a monster for the very things that Frankie has encouraged Zach to do so Frankie can make money, that he to this day tries to act like evicting Zach is some act or mercy "euthanizing" him for his own good, and that he once declared that if the house ever evicted Frankie over Zach that America would stop watching out of disgust.

If we had that much non show dirt on some of the more rear end in a top hat Survivor players we might change our tunes on some of those players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
A lot of the more likeable, successful Survivor strategists (Boston Rob, Cirie, Parvati, Tony) seem to be having a really good time out there and genuinely seem to like the people they backstab. Rob used Phillip as a goat for 39 days, yet he still seemed to kind of like the guy and it says a lot that Phillip still likes and admires him after seeing the show. Derrick sort of falls into that type of villain archetype, for me.

Then there are also Survivor villains like Russell and Kass who don't really seem to genuinely like anyone, but are just as fun to watch because they remain so smug and oblivious to everyone hating them and melting down around them. Devin is a close analogue of that type of villain, and I loved him for that.

Frankie doesn't really fall into either of these categories. He doesn't seem to genuinely like Zach in the same way that Zach likes him, or really like anyone all that much. He doesn't necessarily look miserable, but I don't get the sense that he's really enjoying the experience or waking up every morning excited to play the game. It seems the most excitement he gets is from causing TV drama, and being apart of a big TV production where he's obviously very skilled at giving the production team exactly what they want. On top of that, it's very frustrating to see him get his way week after week with absolutely zero resistance. There's no smug obliviousness to enjoy, just the occasional freak out when he doesn't get his way, which only lasts a day or two until luck (or production help???) get things back on track for him.

• Locked thread