Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
Wez doesn't approve of this content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Whoa, I think that's the first time I've ever seen anybody claim that nuclear weapons are a hoax. Claiming the moon land was a hoax is pretty standard fare, and denying space flight period is pretty out there, but drat.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
There's a Hulkamaniac Juggalo Brony Bro Army? Well I'll be.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I'm convinced. Every technological advancement since 1920 is a hoax. Maybe even the radio!

What the gently caress do people like this have to gain? I can sooort of understand the people humping the leg of 9/11 conspiracies because deep down they don't want to acknowledge that such a tragedy can take place. But loving HUBBLE?! Even if you do produce the literal thousands of pictures of earth and the solar system, they would still discard them as CGI. Also, GPS doesn't exist, nor did Einstein or Newton.

I am going by the notion that the particular person posting this isn't certified delusional.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

mng posted:

I'm convinced. Every technological advancement since 1920 is a hoax. Maybe even the radio!

What the gently caress do people like this have to gain? I can sooort of understand the people humping the leg of 9/11 conspiracies because deep down they don't want to acknowledge that such a tragedy can take place. But loving HUBBLE?! Even if you do produce the literal thousands of pictures of earth and the solar system, they would still discard them as CGI. Also, GPS doesn't exist, nor did Einstein or Newton.

I am going by the notion that the particular person posting this isn't certified delusional.

Excuse me while I armchair psychologist, but I think the big one is that some people feel insecure about their own intelligence. They see that maybe they haven't achieved the intellectual heights that they wanted to, or maybe even just that there are other people out there who are way better than them in their field, so they construct this fantasy where they're the only ones (or part of a small exclusive group) that knows The Truth, and all those other people who appear more intelligent or successful are just being duped by NASA/Reptilians/Jews.

See Also: Everybody on this goddamn page

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

Wez doesn't approve of this content

Well, he sees the connection to the "Brony Bro" angle, just not the other parts.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

DemeaninDemon posted:

There's a Hulkamaniac Juggalo Brony Bro Army? Well I'll be.

Well, all Juggalo's are Hulkamaniacs by definition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqEwX9Orp7M&t=155s

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

That DICK! posted:

so this just popped up on my feed

poo poo, I wish my Facebook was a self-contained episode of Maury. All I've been seeing lately is Hawaiians posting neo nazi propaganda videos and boring hippy dippy chakra news articles.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

poo poo, I wish my Facebook was a self-contained episode of Maury. All I've been seeing lately is Hawaiians posting neo nazi propaganda videos and boring hippy dippy chakra news articles.

What kind of Nazi videos are your friends reposting?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

losonti tokash posted:

Whoa, I think that's the first time I've ever seen anybody claim that nuclear weapons are a hoax. Claiming the moon land was a hoax is pretty standard fare, and denying space flight period is pretty out there, but drat.

If they don't understand how it works, it's a hoax.

Seems a bit irresponsible during a drought, don't you think, Former Teacher?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Met posted:

Ummm... no? You catch the water during your shower. That's also why you use biodegradable soaps.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Met posted:

There is nothing that individuals can do that will approach the amounts of water used (wasted) on growing walnuts or whatever in California. It's like multiple gallons per walnut or something crazy like that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

grittyreboot posted:

What kind of Nazi videos are your friends reposting?
You know, the usual poo poo: "these black people are ruining our country because they are <doing thing>," articles about some nutjob's power fantasy where he shoots some teenagers for doing one of those knockout pranks, etc. Nothing exciting enough to appear on daytime TV.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Met posted:

Take brief showers as needed. Plug the tub while you do it. Scoop out the graywater and use it to flush your toilets all day (poop often)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I've seen two identical "how many ice buckets do I need to pour on my head for police brutality awareness?!" posts. I get that the ALS thing is annoying but it's hard to believe that Ferguson is being overshadowed by anything and holy poo poo people can care about two things at once.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
So close.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

"Guys, stop being racist, you might give people the impression that there's still racism in America!"

Stunning.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Maybe she means that the racist jokes are actual evidence of racism in America? That's an optimistic read, I guess, but it's nice to see a post that isn't just dog whistles and victim blaming.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I can assure you that if you saw other posts by this person, you wouldn't read it optimistically.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Reading through this thread, I am actually wondering if it is that aptly named.

I mean, there is a lot of idiocy, but it is kind of being overshadowed by the crazy stuff.

Of course, the two go hand in hand.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Nibbles! posted:

http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2014/08/78-yr-old-iowa-republican-state-rep.html?m=1

Some libertarians blog but they went into great discussion about how horrible rape is then say:

I'd love to ask someone who thinks this how they'd feel about the wife sliding a dildo into the husbands rear end while he's asleep.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
2 tru 4 u

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

I've seen two identical "how many ice buckets do I need to pour on my head for police brutality awareness?!" posts.
Just one but you tie a cloth around your head first.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Of all the various groups of people who have been accused of being the New World Order, the Jesuits are definitely a strange one. Did this guy have a bad experience in Catholic school or something?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What kind of assholes sits on his computer looking at pictures of sunsets then takes the time to complain about it when children are dying, man?

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

You and me both. Like, how the gently caress does he think gps works then? Also how the gently caress do people keep getting constantly loving dumber? :psyduck:

What does this person think of google earth?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm the idiot. :negative:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

TrekBek posted:

Of all the various groups of people who have been accused of being the New World Order, the Jesuits are definitely a strange one. Did this guy have a bad experience in Catholic school or something?

It probably comes from Lyndon LaRouche, who was writing crazy conspiracy stuff back "before it was cool". He had a particular hatred of the Jesuit Order for reasons that are...well, its a long story. Although, it is good to remember that the founder of the historial Illuminati was an ex-Jesuit :tinfoil:

Writing out a genealogy of crazy ideas is always interesting, especially because often people get ideas from people who they would otherwise not agree with. LaRouche was a right-winger, but probably many left-wing conspiracy theorists have learned to borrow his rhetoric.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Byzantine posted:

Bodily fluids are pretty gross when ejected from the body or eaten by other humans, tbh.

Lol if you don't swallow.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Chomp8645 posted:

Yes my gun-shaped object carved from the same wood used to make board game pieces is fully loaded!

It's a cut out bible
The book
You retaaaaarrrrddd

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

And just as a palette cleanser:

Ask your friend what they think would happen if a black person tried to carry this around at night.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

It's a cut out bible
The book
You retaaaaarrrrddd

Nonsense, who would cut up a bible

null gallagher
Jan 1, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Tim Robbins did, dude, it was in a movie and everything

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Koncerto, Panasonic, Klef, Scherzo, Fermata, Feedbacque, and Iggy.

From a couple of pages ago, but couldn't this be a joke? "Scherzo" means "Prank" in Italian.

EDIT: nevermind, it's also a term in musical lingo, apparently.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Religious fundamentalists who can only express themselves through violent imagery and religion.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

mng posted:

There was some guy that SA was all over some years back whose rationale for space travel being a hoax was literally just his reasoning that the astronauts would be too scared to really do it, so it MUST be all faked. He had some religious reasoning for why there was nothing to gain in space, and that the moon would be too boring to bother landing on. The guy was super self absorbed with how talented at writing he was, and that God chose him to spread the wisdom of space fakery.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Atmus posted:

There was some guy that SA was all over some years back whose rationale for space travel being a hoax was literally just his reasoning that the astronauts would be too scared to really do it, so it MUST be all faked.

He needs to meet some astronauts, who if I'm right were generally hand picked for being insane fighter pilot guys who just didn't understand the concept of fear.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

He needs to meet some astronauts, who if I'm right were generally hand picked for being insane fighter pilot guys who just didn't understand the concept of fear.

I'd rather he met Buzz Aldrin and kept harassing him about the moon landing being fake.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Ask your friend what they think would happen if a black person tried to carry this around at night.

He'd go to heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Noticed this being shared on Twitter. I don't even understand half of it.

• Locked thread