Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The best parts of Personacast are probably either Woolie freaking out as Pat unfolds the SMT timeline or that whole "Who's that little goblin thing?" "NOBODY KNOWS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:cool::respek::cool:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

The first season? But that's got rad poo poo like Legends, Injustice For All, and The Savage Time. I rewatched the whole series (And Batman Beyond) just recently. The only bad stuff I found in Justice League or Unlimited was Fury (terrible two parter with the evil Amazon) and the kind of week overarching plot of Unlimited S3.

Injustice for All were the only episodes I enjoyed. Everything else was boring, had abrupt conclusions, uncharismatic major characters, and lovely villains that were like the most milquetoast and Vandal Savage with Nazis should be a formula for success, but jesus was it not. I made a giant post in the BBS Comic Animation thread while I was watching the series last year. Pretty much everyone agreed the series is very weak in the first season and I was called a terrible person by Rhyno because I called special attention to disliking the Legends episode.

Also the last season of Unlimited is bad because it continues for like no reason and continues finding weak reasons to continue with few interesting episodes. Justice League is a great cartoon series, but it suffers from many of the same problems as both the Batman and Superman 90s cartoons, there's a lot of episodes that are obviously the show finding its groove. When it does it's fantastic, but even after that there are points where the show drops quality.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Justice League is still a fantastic show with wonderful characters and probably one of the best characterizations and uses of both Batman and Superman in like team up cartoons. It's also got a wonderful Captain Marvel episode, an amazing season 2 finale for Unlimited (It's seriously one of the best episodes in the series) and Flash is just wonderful.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Injustice for All were the only episodes I enjoyed. Everything else was boring, had abrupt conclusions, uncharismatic major characters, and lovely villains that were like the most milquetoast and Vandal Savage with Nazis should be a formula for success, but jesus was it not. I made a giant post in the BBS Comic Animation thread while I was watching the series last year. Pretty much everyone agreed the series is very weak in the first season and I was called a terrible person by Rhyno because I called special attention to disliking the Legends episode.

Also the last season of Unlimited is bad because it continues for like no reason and continues finding weak reasons to continue with few interesting episodes. Justice League is a great cartoon series, but it suffers from many of the same problems as both the Batman and Superman 90s cartoons, there's a lot of episodes that are obviously the show finding its groove. When it does it's fantastic, but even after that there are points where the show drops quality.

I guess it's one of those things where I just don't know the comics so I miss a lot of problems (Except, again the weak Unlimited S3 plot, where it just kind of putters around until the fairly rad finale). A friend of mine absolutely hates how it portrays Jon Stewart, whereas he's one of my favorite parts of the show (except for the bit where he for some reason chooses Hawkgirl over Vixen, presumably because he's secretly a mad person).

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Waifu posted:

Well Rhyno was right, you were a monster for not liking the Legends episode but I can agree with Season 1 being weaker than almost all their other output. They even admit as much in commentary and poo poo where they're like "We fell into the habit of 'oh we gotta show this guy's power level off? Have him beat the poo poo out of Superman' and then we'd do nothing else with him.". As for the last season of Unlimited they didn't know they were going to even get a last one thats why it was all so wrapped up nicely in Season 2. So it was sort of a love letter to goofy poo poo that last season. I mean any loving excuse to get schlub villains like Goldface and Angle Man on my screen. loving ANGLE MAN! LOOK AT HIM, JUST LOOK AT HIM!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Captain Invictus posted:

Pat needs to stop the Sword Art trainwreck and watch something good like Justice League then. There's used copies available on Amazon for like 10 bucks per season and it's among the best of the superhero shows DC produced in the animated universe. If he ever watched the Batman or Superman 90's cartoons, it's every bit as good if not better than those series.

Pat watches that creepy pandering bullshit but refuses to watch logh, I bet he whips himself with a belt while forcing himself through those shows. Matt, can you confirm?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt should watch LOGH. Liam should watch LOGH. EVERYONE should watch LOGH.

Like this isn't some hyperbole or something. LOGH is one of the best series to come from the animated medium, period.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

Matt should watch LOGH. Liam should watch LOGH. EVERYONE should watch LOGH.

Like this isn't some hyperbole or something. LOGH is one of the best series to come from the animated medium, period.

Pat's never watching LOGH because some guy kept pestering him to watch it, for like a year (said guy pesters him about it during the nuzlocke stream too)

Everyone not Pat should watch LOGH. It's amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good to see SBF has some kind of Liquid Penguin-esque crazy obsessives

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Heck I'll never watch LOGH thanks to how much hype it keeps getting, I'm so intimidated by the size of the series and the praise it keeps getting it will never match that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's a dumb reason, just watch it it's only four seasons, watch the first season and see how you like the politicking and battles, it's really simple

You can trust me I have Good Opinions About Anime

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wow, I knew they nerfed lightning, but you can't even kill a crystal lizard with a single regular lightning spear anymore?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

Wow, I knew they nerfed lightning, but you can't even kill a crystal lizard with a single regular lightning spear anymore?

Like they said, the intended 25% damage increase turned into a 25% damage reduction. It's absolutely pathetic and worthless and they likely won't fix it for a while because rolling out patches is expensive and takes forever to go through Sony.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

HGH posted:

Like they said, the intended 25% damage increase turned into a 25% damage reduction. It's absolutely pathetic and worthless and they likely won't fix it for a while because rolling out patches is expensive and takes forever to go through Sony.

Seems like the lightning nerf may have been intended or they are nerfing lightning more.

http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/information/index.html Check the updates.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I thought it was intentional because lightning was just about as overpowered as magic was in demon's souls. It trivialized most of the bosses in the game. Here's a great video: http://youtu.be/Q-61Z1ht7zw

Also woolie doesn't have much to complain about since he's still using the single best melee weapon in the game. He'll be fine.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

He started using the pickaxe?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Has anyone told Pat that doing the DLC as soon as they get to the Rotten is suicide? Because that place is basically endgame material.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Has anyone told Pat that doing the DLC as soon as they get to the Rotten is suicide? Because that place is basically endgame material.

If Woolie has a +10 weapon at that point what else does he really need?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Pat's played the DLC so I'd assume he knows.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

Pat's played the DLC so I'd assume he knows.

Given some of the advice he has given Woolie so far, I kind of doubt that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Andrast posted:

If Woolie has a +10 weapon at that point what else does he really need?

I meant endgame material as in have the awareness to dodge the gank squad and the poison grunts that basically have infinite poise.

Also Jester Thomas.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I meant endgame material as in have the awareness to dodge the gank squad and the poison grunts that basically have infinite poise.

Also Jester Thomas.

Well, time for Woolie to finally get good.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I rememember Pat saying something about the DLC being scaled to your soul level which I'm pretty sure is not true at all.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Wiseblood posted:

I rememember Pat saying something about the DLC being scaled to your soul level which I'm pretty sure is not true at all.

PROTIP:

Anytime ANY of us say we know ANYTHING really well, be it game, an anime, a comic book...just ANY form of media...be prepared for us to get exposed on how we literally know nothing.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

PROTIP:

Anytime ANY of us say we know ANYTHING really well, be it game, an anime, a comic book...just ANY form of media...be prepared for us to get exposed on how we literally know nothing.

You need this written in kanji on a plank of wood Khushwood Butt style and hung on the wall. Zaibatsu tips for surviving success.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I've gotten to the part of Sword Art Online that's made Pat and Liam become ambivalent about their continued enjoyment. I feel the same way as they do.

Still watching it though
:goonsay:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam is streaming Counterspy in 10 minutes.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Counter Spy looks really slick.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Official Liam ranking: 4chan=Neogaf>Tumblr>Somethingawful

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Rodyle posted:

He's dead to us. Again.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Well, that's why Liam is the worst.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spoilers he may only have put SA on the bottom because he has no stake in at all.

Also that's the best I could get from the ridiculous stream questions game sadly. Nothing's ever going to top the Tipping 40s Webathon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Someone who likes 4chan and Neogaf and has a history of bad opinions doesn't like SA? Shocking!!

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
SA can actually be pretty poo poo at times and a lot of the old blood fight hard against any sort of general change in atmosphere so they can continue to keep being a super special club and ignore the fact that the site's been dying for years.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah there's nothing really special about SA except for LP and the ability to pay money to post on/look at an internet forum (which I did so oh well). If you want scans, video game news leaks, and poo poo like that, 4chan and (I imagine, having never been there) Neogaf are much better. AS for conversation, it can be (and often is) a lot worse in a more anonymous setting but it can also be a lot better (and, again, often is).

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 22, 2014

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlOab8lYzSU Dark Souls 2 Part 22 is up

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Dias posted:

Well, that's why Liam is the worst.

Official Best Friends ranking: Matt=Pat>Woolie>Plague of Gripes>2Snacks>Various Dorkgirls>Billy and the Shamecar>Liam the hatemonger>James Smalls.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would say James Smalls gets credit if only because of how much them making fun of him made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

It's true. His name invokes Pat's terrible british accent and queen impression more than anything and that's just great.