Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Squallege posted:

Speaking of Broly, they've got this figure coming out.

Broly being a giant muscle ball does not translate to figures very well.
Tien's shoulders ain't got nothing on those!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
So this story arc currently ongoing in Multiverse has some great illustration, huh? The Western comics style gives it a space opera feel in terms of the location building.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Battle of Gods is set to come out on Bluray/DVD in October.
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014...en-in-theaters/

furiouskoala posted:

So this story arc currently ongoing in Multiverse has some great illustration, huh? The Western comics style gives it a space opera feel in terms of the location building.

I agree. It's such a nice change from the last two specials.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

furiouskoala posted:

If every special was like this, I'd actually look forward to them.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

furiouskoala posted:

I'm loving the poo poo out of this arc, yeah. Gast doesn't seem as strong as he's become in the main story, and Cold seems strong enough at full power to make the fight interesting - even if it doesn't wind up being that close.

I really want to see more Cold, honestly. Tragically underused character. Evil overlord, stronger than Freeza in what we have reason to assume is his second of four forms, gets chumped before he gets to do poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm loving the poo poo out of this arc, yeah. Gast doesn't seem as strong as he's become in the main story, and Cold seems strong enough at full power to make the fight interesting - even if it doesn't wind up being that close.

I really want to see more Cold, honestly. Tragically underused character. Evil overlord, stronger than Freeza in what we have reason to assume is his second of four forms, gets chumped before he gets to do poo poo.

The second he saw Freeza get sliced he should have powered up.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

MonsterEnvy posted:

The second he saw Freeza get sliced he should have powered up.

There's no reason to believe he could do it any faster than Freeza, and Freeza took several minutes to go to forms three and four. And he only had time to do it because plot he wasn't in that much danger of being stopped. With Trunks cutting down 4th Form Freeza that easily, 2nd Form Cold may as well have been made out of paper maché and would have no hope of holding him off long enough to transform.

What he should have done is ran like a bitch. He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So. It's deep into August and, understandably, people are asking if Ep 43 of Abridged is done.

Well, Let me answer that question with another question.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Esroc posted:

There's no reason to believe he could do it any faster than Freeza, and Freeza took several minutes to go to forms three and four. And he only had time to do it because plot he wasn't in that much danger of being stopped. With Trunks cutting down 4th Form Freeza that easily, 2nd Form Cold may as well have been made out of paper maché and would have no hope of holding him off long enough to transform.

What he should have done is ran like a bitch. He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.
One of the rules in the DBZ universe is that you let your opponent power up if he wants to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ConanThe3rd posted:

So. It's deep into August and, understandably, people are asking if Ep 43 of Abridged is done.

I did a little :allears: at that shot of Gohan in the opening, I'm not gonna lie.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Zedd posted:

One of the rules in the DBZ universe is that you let your opponent power up if he wants to.

Future Trunks hasn't heard of the rules of DBZ, though.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

FallenGod posted:

Future Trunks hasn't heard of the rules of DBZ, though.

Or rather he was observing the direct results of those rules and taught himself to get around it.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ConanThe3rd posted:

Might be old news, but there's a passage underneath saying Kaiserneko has been suffering health issues lately. I hope he's alright...

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Okay so forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole "King Cold is even stronger than Freeza" thing bullshit?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Who knows, power levels are bullshit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Okay so forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole "King Cold is even stronger than Freeza" thing bullshit?

Well, when Freeza and Cold approached the planet, a whole bunch of people were saying they sensed Freeza + someone even stronger. Either way you slice it, you've either got a King Cold who's as strong as the gang remembers Freeza's final form being despite sure looking like he's in his own second form and a stronger Mecha Freeza, or else Mecha Freeza's about where he was on Namek and King Cold (who again looks like he has transformations to burn) is stronger than that.

But yeah, Power Levels Are Bullshit.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 21, 2014

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Well, when Freeza and Cold approached the planet, a whole bunch of people were saying they sensed Freeza + someone even stronger. Either way you slice it, you've either got a King Cold who's as strong as the gang remembers Freeza's final form being despite sure looking like he's in his own second form and a stronger Mecha Freeza, or else Mecha Freeza's about where he was on Namek and King Cold (who again looks like he has transformations to burn) is stronger than that.

But yeah, Power Levels Are Bullshit.

In the manga, Gohan, Krillin and Tien Shinhan acknowledge a "huge ki just like Frieza's". In the original Japanese version and the English dub of Dragon Ball Kai, Tien and Vegeta reference King Cold as being even more powerful than Frieza. The video game Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 states that "Officially, King Cold's strength is greater than Frieza or Cooler's".

Daizenshuu 7 states in King Cold's bio that he is "somewhat inferior" to Frieza. Cold says nothing while Frieza brags about being the strongest in the universe and he calls Future Trunks the strongest in the universe after the latter defeats Frieza, implying that Frieza is actually stronger than him.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Freeza mention that the only ones that had hurt him in his final form were his parents during his fight with Goku? Of course he was probably a kid or something.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Some new Xenoverse information, from the facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/DBZ.videogames

quote:

In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, all of the major DRAGON BALL’s species will be available as a basis for the players’ avatars, among them we can already count: Earthling, Majin, Namekian and SAIYAN! After Trunks summons the player’s Avatar, he will have to go through a series of tests! Is Trunks checking if the hero is worthy enough fulfil his quest? Whether the Hero succeeds or not in this deadly test, he will be able to gather with other online players in the futuristic hub: Toki Toki City!

And in case you forgot, we will be holding a Closed Beta Test in the future! More details on this Closed Beta test and the game will be revealed within the next weeks!

You can customize things like: Height, Body Size, Head, Eye Shape, Pupil Shape, Nose, Mouth, and Ear!

You can add equipment, change the color, and customize the Upper Costume, Bottom Costume, Hand, Foot, Accessories etc!

:neckbeard:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

StrifeHira posted:

Some new Xenoverse information, from the facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/DBZ.videogames

:neckbeard:

I just pray that they don't gently caress it up somehow. This has a ton of potential.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

My idea was that Cold was stronger but was already retired at the time while Freeza ruled his empire, that's why Freeza's the one everybody knows in the universe.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

facebook jihad posted:

Might be old news, but there's a passage underneath saying Kaiserneko has been suffering health issues lately. I hope he's alright...

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/502509903622463488

He seems to be doing just fine!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah this was during the time of Cooler and Kai 2 when Kaiser wasn't doing so hot, otherwise 43 would've been out maybe a week ago. But now he's fine and time for some more things tomorrow!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Y'know, why was Piccolo so useless as a fighter during the Buu saga? Did Toriyama just forget about the Kami power-boost that made Piccolo significantly stronger than a regular Super Saiyan? You see Goten and Trunks land a couple of good blows on Majin Buu when helping Vegeta, but they're pretty young and about on-par with Frieza, from what I remember. Piccolo should've outclassed each of them pretty easily.

Also, if I had seen these trailers for Dragon Ball Heroes as a kid, I would have freaked the gently caress out.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

surf rock posted:

Y'know, why was Piccolo so useless as a fighter during the Buu saga? Did Toriyama just forget about the Kami power-boost that made Piccolo significantly stronger than a regular Super Saiyan? You see Goten and Trunks land a couple of good blows on Majin Buu when helping Vegeta, but they're pretty young and about on-par with Frieza, from what I remember. Piccolo should've outclassed each of them pretty easily.

Piccolo isn't a stupid space monkey and figured he should probably focus on making a plan.

I'm more surprised that him suddenly being some kind of genius was suddenly a thing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Piccolo isn't a stupid space monkey and figured he should probably focus on making a plan.

I'm more surprised that him suddenly being some kind of genius was suddenly a thing.

I'm pretty sure Piccolo was always portrayed as a guy who put more effort into his strategies than guys like "Imma deck you in the schnozz" Goku or "I will kill as many people as I have to as long as you are one of them" Vegeta.

For as much as that counts in a "Imma deck you in the schnozz" show like Dragon Ball, anyway.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm pretty sure Piccolo was always portrayed as a guy who put more effort into his strategies than guys like "Imma deck you in the schnozz" Goku or "I will kill as many people as I have to as long as you are one of them" Vegeta.

For as much as that counts in a "Imma deck you in the schnozz" show like Dragon Ball, anyway.

Okay yeah, everyone having low standards for what constitutes thought really does make sense.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Plus he had Kami in him being all smart.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

surf rock posted:

Also, if I had seen these trailers for Dragon Ball Heroes as a kid, I would have freaked the gently caress out.

it's too bad the arcade scene in the US is pretty much dead, Dragon Ball Heroes seems like a neat little game with a whole lot of crazy attached(also hopefully Xenoverse will let you make characters of Frieza's race, and Android origin alongside the other confirmed options, cause that is a neat aspect of Heroes that it has heroic characters from those groups)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

it's too bad the arcade scene in the US is pretty much dead, Dragon Ball Heroes seems like a neat little game with a whole lot of crazy attached(also hopefully Xenoverse will let you make characters of Frieza's race, and Android origin alongside the other confirmed options, cause that is a neat aspect of Heroes that it has heroic characters from those groups)

What does heroes call Freeza's people anyway? I've heard various places call them changelings or frost giants or similar.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Spiritus Nox posted:

What does heroes call Freeza's people anyway? I've heard various places call them changelings or frost giants or similar.

"Freeza Clan" is what they're called, I believe. Yeah. :effort:

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Frost demons is the name I keep hearing.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

ChronoReverse posted:

Plus he had Kami in him being all smart.

DBZA Buu is gonna have a fun time once he absorbs Piccolo. :allears:

Calling it now, everyone he absorbs is going to be chattering away in his head.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Spiritus Nox posted:

They're Arcosians.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Esroc posted:

They're Arcosians.

It should be noted that Freeza and Cold are both extremely aberrant mutants that probably bear little resemblance to the rest of their race, but yeah. They're probably Arcosians.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hobo Siege posted:

It should be noted that Freeza and Cold are both extremely aberrant mutants that probably bear little resemblance to the rest of their race, but yeah. They're probably Arcosians.

I figured they were only mutants in the sense that they are strong like woah, not necessarily deformed.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I figured they were only mutants in the sense that they are strong like woah, not necessarily deformed.

Maybe. I just figure anyone with the ability to survive in vacuum minus half a head and everything below the waistline has to look a little weird.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
:New DBZA episode is online on their site:

http://teamfourstar.com/video/tfs-abridged-parody-episode-43-2/

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That's a pretty great comedification of a more serious part of the show. I'd spoiler-quote lines, but it seems superfluous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

My god their player is awful. It's like I'm watching a slideshow.

• Locked thread