Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

The General posted:

I don't care how big of a slut somebody is, there's no excuse for going online to stir up internet misogyny against them.

Reading some more about this and I'm inclined to agree. Previous post retracted.

edit: the boyfriend went to all the most wretched hives on the internet and aired enough dirty laundry to potentially ruin her life and her livelihood. gently caress him, gently caress gamers

The Time Dissolver fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

i'm scoffing at someone not in their tweens wearing a clash shirt

their surrounds are like when a teenager decides to take a photo of himself but surround himself with cool poo poo so he looks like a badass except instead theyre trying to look all sophisticated and urbane because games as art. it owns

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

01011001 posted:

their surrounds are like when a teenager decides to take a photo of himself but surround himself with cool poo poo so he looks like a badass except instead theyre trying to look all sophisticated and urbane because games as art. it owns

aw gently caress, now I want to find that one pic of the goofy guy taking a WAYWT picture with the grey goose and GQ magazine in the background

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Spanish Manlove posted:

aw gently caress, now I want to find that one pic of the goofy guy taking a WAYWT picture with the grey goose and GQ magazine in the background

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Would

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
lol

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The Time Dissolver posted:

Reading some more about this and I'm inclined to agree. Previous post retracted.

edit: the boyfriend went to all the most wretched hives on the internet and aired enough dirty laundry to potentially ruin her life and her livelihood. gently caress him, gently caress gamers

lmfao how dare a rapist and abuser get her life ruined

if anything quinn is gonna come out of this way more successful, she's got an instant audience whenever she releases her second game

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
if I was going to make some set for a selfie id use a 3 litre bottle of ciroc and a copy of the economist

Dec 26, 2012

lmfao yeah thats the stuff

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

arent a lot of the same people decrying the boyfriend for airing dirty laundry the same ones who get up in arms when people dismiss the experiences of women victims?

that's rhetorical, by the way

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
this thread is 43+ pages long because every single aspect of it sucks and is ripe for mockery

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Where is the testimony regarding her being a rapist? This is not rhetorical, I want to see what people are talking about.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I thought of a good game idea. Its call existencequest. Its a cyoa metanarrative with RPG elements (you have a life bar) and you are faced with mundane choices that reflect stuff that happened in my life bit every time you pick a choice the screen turns into pictures of sunset and you hear angry bees because this represents the fundamental anxiety of choosing. Also after 5 situations you die and I paste in quotes from Camus. This will help you understand how other people feel.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Where is the testimony regarding her being a rapist? This is not rhetorical, I want to see what people are talking about.

In the loooooooong blog post by her ex

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

the backlash against quinn is insanely misogynistic but she's also a really really awful person so lmfao at everyone involved

the guy's manifesto about how quinn systematically abused him, gaslighted him, and raped him is like 8000 pages long and super beta and selfimportant http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/ and i guess misogynistic too bc he Aired Dirty Laundry On The Internet (just like max temkin's accuser and basically anyone else who comes out revealing poo poo about a prominent figure)

This is more :smith: than misogynistic. This guy seems like a serious sperg/loser though. "... was worried the one person I’d ever managed to fall in love with might be breaking up with me for some reason I couldn’t figure out."

Also very :smith: due to the number of words he needs use. I can sum it up in about a dozen words. And without pointing any fingers at anybody.

My ex-girlfriend was a lying whore who emotionally abused me, and probably raped me too.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

quinn had a huge discussion with her ex where they hashed out that if you cheat on someone then gently caress your boyfriend/girlfriend without them knowing that you cheated, it's nonconsensual because they wouldn't have hosed you if they had known you were cheating, therefore it's rape. they agreed on that.

then zoe quinn went around loving dudes, then going back to loving her boyfriend (and insisting on not using protection) within 24 hours of loving other dudes lol

swap the genders around and everyone would agree "zack quinn" would have been a filthy brutal rapist

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lowtax posted:

this thread is 43+ pages long because every single aspect of it sucks and is ripe for mockery

The General
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

Views on the ethics of infidelity. Which she maintained is inherently wrong even if the person who was cheated on never finds out, because (aside from willfully endangering their partner by way of increased STD risk) if the unfaithful party then has sex with their partner, they are doing so under false pretenses, and therefore without their partner’s consent. That is, sex with a partner who doesn’t know you’ve cheated on them is sex without consent.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 21, 2014

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

the only way this could get better is if it could go to trial somehow

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

i'm scoffing at someone not in their tweens wearing a clash shirt

whats wrong with the clash :(

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm still saddened that the ex posted his screed in games when he tried here rather than e/n.

What a waste of an incredibly hilarious shitstorm.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
RGD mod probates people for talking zoe offsite and not even in that subforum. It just makes me want to mock her more!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

why the gently caress would you keep your hair like that

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

lovely Wizard posted:

and crazy goons that think that this is some sort of horrible injustice rather than a bunch of morons to laugh at

she womyn => misoginy => misoginy bad

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

swap the genders around and everyone would agree "zack quinn" would have been a filthy brutal rapist

I don't think so, or at least I wouldn't be. People cheat on their SOs all the time, I'm not ready to say that cheating on somebody is raping them too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
But this is a great injustice, I feel like by clicking on this thread today I have been personally and deeply victimized. I will not be able to pretend I haven't seen this, and seen how completely loving terrible and hilarious these people all are. I have been made a worse and dumber person which is, honestly, pretty noteworthy right there.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Brannock posted:

and insisting on not using protection

This is the worst part of this story and i wish people would shame Zoe on this more rather than her corrupting games journalism with her vagina.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Over There posted:

why the gently caress would you keep your hair like that

poo poo never wants to stay in place without product

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

lovely Wizard posted:

boyfriend used list of guys she cheated on to create a blog mixed with half truths and conspiracy theories about how she was loving her way to the top of the games industry

minor point. so the boyfriend is pathetic and the blog is a trainwreck, but he didn't start the conspiracy stuff. that's down to the contingent of nerds who want to use everything they can to beat on "games journalism" for being terrible.

which makes no sense, seeing as those "journalists" are bad enough without having to make poo poo up about them

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Mister Fister posted:

corrupting games journalism
ugh

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I don't trust anyone that gives up the ability to have binocular vision for wacky hair.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Okay, going back to "gently caress gamers, gently caress ZQ, :smith: for the boyfriend but also gently caress him too"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Okay, going back to "gently caress gamers, gently caress ZQ, :smith: for the boyfriend but also gently caress him too"

that's how you all should be

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

jalopybrown posted:

Old school noncon

That's a good SN

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

This is the worst part of this story and i wish people would shame Zoe on this more rather than her corrupting games journalism with her vagina.
It's her sex life, and if she doesn't want to condom up, that's on her. If you don't wanna gently caress her without a rubber, then I guess you just can't have her. It takes at least two people to have sex, and either side can (usually) back out at anytime.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I can't believe this! This is insane! What a nutty situation! Wow crazy!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

holy moley

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

geke rowsperg posted:

what the gently caress is gaslihgting?

don't worry about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The General posted:

It's her sex life, and if she doesn't want to condom up, that's on her. If you don't wanna gently caress her without a rubber, then I guess you just can't have her. It takes at least two people to have sex, and either side can (usually) back out at anytime.

Uh she convinced him to go condomless under the pretense that she wasn't loving around, which is a scumbaggy and shame-worthy thing to do. That doesn't fall under the general protection of "her sex life."

• Locked thread