Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Drifter posted:

I've not seen it at that price. I will keep an eye out.

Amazon Christmas sale was the last place I saw it at $5 I believe. Shame they didn't do a summer sale alongside Steam this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Deakul posted:

Jesus, Van Helsing 1 has DLC that you can't buy through Steam but still requires money to get.

I was just curious when I went to the DLC menu and saw all of these pre-order things unactivated.

I know that it's cool to say some variant of "jesus gently caress, charge enough?", but the dude does make it pretty clear that these are functionally to support/thank the devs, not unlock critical game data that inflates the cost-of-admission. Not to say that the game or even the DLC is worth buying, but it's no different than the $5000 tier on a Kickstarter campaign in that regard.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

I got all of the Skyrim DLC for $10 on Nuuvem several months ago. May have been over a year by this point.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Been messing around with Star Wars: Clash of Clans. I like how even with all the IAP/P2W nonsense, the game manages to be better than all the previous Star Wars strategy games.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Thanks to whoever was talking about Matthewmatosis' YouTube channel, his reviews and critiques are thorough, quite neutral and informative. I watched like 3 or 4 of his videos last night and they were all well done.

I just can't comprehend how does he keep talking in such a constant stream of words. I'm sure the videos are cut and edited but it seems like he can go on about a thing for 40 minutes without stopping to take a breath :v:

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Humble Weekly Bundle

$1

One Finger Death Punch (good game)
Enemy Mind
Two Brothers

BTA

Master Reboot
Stick it to the Man (good game)

$15

Ether One
Hand of Fate

Ether One is also quite good for its style of game imo.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ragequit posted:

Amazon Christmas sale was the last place I saw it at $5 I believe. Shame they didn't do a summer sale alongside Steam this year.

RIP AmazonTony.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

two brothers looks like it's taking aim squarely at my link's awakening nostalgia.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Ragequit posted:

Pretty sure Amazon did their Summer Sale way before Steam did, same with Gamersgate, Greenmangaming, and all those other sites. It's just nobody bothered to check them out because they assumed everybody would do their sales at the same time as Steam.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lance Streetman posted:

Pretty sure Amazon did their Summer Sale way before Steam did, same with Gamersgate, Greenmangaming, and all those other sites. It's just nobody bothered to check them out because they assumed everybody would do their sales at the same time as Steam.

I checked out the other sites, but no one was here to talk up Amazon so if they had any insane deals like they did in 2013 I missed them.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They had no insane deals, they just repeated the deals Steam had a day later, every day of the Steam sale. It was really lame.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they had an unintentionally great deal on AoE2 HD :yayclod:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

They had no insane deals, they just repeated the deals Steam had a day later, every day of the Steam sale. It was really lame.

No they had a sale in Mayish, independently of steam. It wasn't great, but I seem to recall a couple of their compilations were pretty good.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Drifter posted:

I've not seen it at that price. I will keep an eye out.

Here's the price history for Dragonborn. Click on the "Wait for better price" link on the right and set a $5 limit, you'll get an email when there's someone selling it for $5.

IsThereAnyDeal is great when you know what you want to buy (as opposed to buying a lot of things because they're cheap).

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
It is very rare that a game get a real emotional reaction out of me . Somehow ,the ending of " burial at sea " ( the Bioshock infinite DlC campaign ) left me angry and depressed.
Mostly for wasting money and time on it .

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Quit gettin' mad at video games.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
The thing about Skyrim DLC is that I got bored of the base game long before I ran out of content for it. I have the DLCs from a Steam sale but haven't actually gotten around to playing them yet.

Where's the best place to go in Skyrim to re-light the fire?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

v1ld posted:

IsThereAnyDeal is great when you know what you want to buy (as opposed to buying a lot of things because they're cheap).
You can sort by price on IsThereAnyDeal, or even do fancy stuff like check games on sale on Steam without DLC sorted by price. You can have it sync to your Steam games list or Wishlist. The best feature though is the Specials/Bundles page. IsThereAnyDeal is just great in general :allears:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Gort posted:

The thing about Skyrim DLC is that I got bored of the base game long before I ran out of content for it. I have the DLCs from a Steam sale but haven't actually gotten around to playing them yet.

Did you do the thief guild or dark brotherhood quests yet? Those are pretty good.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Van Helsing seems pretty fun for the 15 seconds I can play it between it black screening for ~10 seconds or just crashing outright.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Looks like the Distance beta went out today, and it's both good and super pretty. Definitely don't regret KSing it.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I am absolutely amazed by how everyone seems to be gushing over a game that is literally just a handful of screenshots and a few buttons to press but omg chucky cheeze so scary!?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

how me a frog posted:

I am absolutely amazed by how everyone seems to be gushing over a game that is literally just a handful of screenshots and a few buttons to press but omg chucky cheeze so scary!?

No one has mentioned the game in the last several pages, but I'd imagine the answer from people who like it would be because they are having fun with it.

I could kind of see your post if the last few pages had all been discussion about how much everyone loved five nights at freddy's, but as it wasn't even mentioned recently, your post is really strange.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

how me a frog posted:

what game are you even talking about dude

e: above poster answered it. looks cool i might get it.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Eruonen posted:

e: above poster answered it. looks cool i might get it.

But It's literally Gods will be watching except with no animation?

edit: I'm not saying it's a bad game and nobody should buy it, I'm just saying I don't get the H H H HYYYYPE over virtual plate spinning with creepy animals. \/ \/ \/

how me a frog fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 21, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Man Attempting to Discredit Game Convinces Others to Buy It
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I wasn't really interested in Five Nights At Freddy's until I learned that it was from the guy who made The Desolate Room/Hope and other such weird n' creative genre hybrids with odd pre-rendered CGI art.

Seems kinda neat for a single-screen horror game.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 21, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

how me a frog posted:

edit: I'm not saying it's a bad game and nobody should buy it, I'm just saying I don't get the H H H HYYYYPE over virtual plate spinning with creepy animals. \/ \/ \/

Hardly anyone was talking about it until you made your post.

Seems like a cool game though thanks for the heads up.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

how me a frog posted:

Mostly it's because there haven't been many interesting horror games to come out of late, and Freddy has a fairly unique take both gameplay wise and aesthetically. It's not god's gift to man, but it is a nice change of pace from the dozens of Slender spin offs that keep showing up on Greenlight and elsewhere.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I got it as a gift and I have a feeling that I might just get bored of it, but Freddy's atmosphere and sense of tension is still exponentially better than the majority of indie "horror" games that have been shat out in the last few years and I can see why people like it.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Tempest_56 posted:

Buy One Finger Death Punch. Seriously, it's awesome and fun and mindless and frustrating in the best ways.

Seriously, anyone that doesn't own OFDP should at least go in on the $1 tier of this bundle

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gort posted:

If you have Dragonborn, go there. You don't even have to do the stuff required. Just head to Windhelm (the racist city), and go to the docks. There should be a new NPC to take you to Solstheim.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Azran posted:

8 pesos = 1 dollar. 1000 pesos is a new console game from last year.

:raise:

1000 / 8 = . . . . 125 :stonk: What the hell?! I knew the taxes for importing hardware were nuts, but holy poo poo.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Deadlight

e: lurked, you're welcome.

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 22, 2014

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Game prices outside of The US and Japan are insane in general. As I understand it, Australians regularly pay anywhere from 90 to over 100 AUD for stuff that we get for 50-60 dollars. And keep in mind that the Australian Dollar is about equal to the US dollar.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah Freddy's is cool. I kinda wish they'dve ramped it up slower, maybe by having a night or two where nothing or just weird poo poo was happening, but then again maybe that would have been too much padding, the game ends by the time the formula starts to get old anyway

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm still playing Velocity Ultra, does Enemy Mind do anything noteworthy it doesn't?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Lance Streetman posted:

Game prices outside of The US and Japan are insane in general. As I understand it, Australians regularly pay anywhere from 90 to over 100 AUD for stuff that we get for 50-60 dollars. And keep in mind that the Australian Dollar is about equal to the US dollar.

It's okay in most of Europe as far as I can tell. Taxes are higher but that goes for everyone.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Freddy's is a cool game and is worth five dollars.

Another cool game is Astebreed, which i just played after getting it in that Humble Bundle a while ago. Buy it when it goes on sale or something, if you like shmups.

Peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lance Streetman posted:

I don't know about games but electronics in China are horrific. a basic iPhone that costs $650 in the US costs the equivalent of ~$750 over there.

• Locked thread