Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Bicyclops posted:

Okay, here's my proposal, unless someone comes up with a better one: if the leak turns out to be real, I will never post anything negative about Zero Suit Samus on the Something Awful forums again. In fact, I shall write a poem expressing my appreciation for how marvelous ZSS is, and post the poem in this thread or its successor. The poem will be accompanied by drawings of Zero Suit Samus from the horrible minds of Deviantart. I'll also play online using only ZSS as my character for a full hour against a poster in this thread, dressed in that foolish alternate outfit (I am not very good at Smash Brothers, so that person can probably gain many For Glory points or whatever).

The problem is that I'm fairly sure everybody wants you to shut up about ZSS, whether positive or negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bicyclops posted:

Okay, here's my proposal, unless someone comes up with a better one: if the leak turns out to be real, I will never post anything negative about Zero Suit Samus on the Something Awful forums again. In fact, I shall write a poem expressing my appreciation for how marvelous ZSS is, and post the poem in this thread or its successor. The poem will be accompanied by drawings of Zero Suit Samus from the horrible minds of Deviantart. I'll also play online using only ZSS as my character for a full hour against a poster in this thread, dressed in that foolish alternate outfit (I am not very good at Smash Brothers, so that person can probably gain many For Glory points or whatever).

However, I shall only do this if someone who believes the leak is true challenges me and comes up with a comparable set of conditions to fulfill if the leak is fake. There shall be no excusing the possible truth of the leak unless every character on it appears, exactly as featured in the supposed screenshots, and any new and additional characters are either released considerably later or indicate that their content is not rated by the ESRB. No one may claim it was merely a Sakurai conspiracy to lay traps for employees.

It's just a loving leak, shut the gently caress up.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

F. Lobot posted:

So if Wario isn't cross-eyed in the final build does then all bets are off? How do post-release patches factor in?

Like Wario isn't going to be cross-eyed in any build!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Who is your favorite alt costume mine is goggles pikachu

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Reiley posted:

Wizardchu and Irishchu are also good

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Monkey Fracas posted:

So really nothing happened and this was like 700 posts of people going "Heh, that's fake. But what if... maybe... maybe"

And after 700 posts it still hasn't been definitively proven to be fake. By a bunch of goons posting in Games.

That's all the evidence I need, leak is confirmed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Reiley posted:

It's not the coolest but I have a fondness for bumblebee Ness.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Are you getting off on this

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Party hat Pikachu all day err'day

(my Mom would try to play Smash with us and she would always play that. She was terrible but it was still great :3: )

e: I like this "Stupid Newbie" avatar better than the last one, actually.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm just trying to spice up an otherwise "It's fake!/It's real!" that will be going on for the next two weeks

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Sun hat Jigglypuff and emo Ness are my personal favorites.

e: no, it's "slightly less blue Sonic"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Boxing Gloves DK is the best alt costume. I like the dark brown bowser color because no one picks it (everyone does that lovely white/gold one) and it makes him look more feral.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
God I don't think anything is going to top Patriot Mario, ever.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Bicyclops posted:

However, I shall only do this if someone who believes the leak is true challenges me and comes up with a comparable set of conditions to fulfill if the leak is fake. There shall be no excusing the possible truth of the leak unless every character on it appears, exactly as featured in the supposed screenshots, and any new and additional characters are either released considerably later or indicate that their content is not rated by the ESRB. No one may claim it was merely a Sakurai conspiracy to lay traps for employees.

Kyte posted:

The problem is that I'm fairly sure everybody wants you to shut up

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Cat Bowser. Alternatively, King K. Rool Cosplay Bowser.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

It's not the coolest but I have a fondness for bumblebee Ness.

Hanshin Tigers Ness :eng101:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The best costume is and always has been Captain Falcon's Breast Cancer Awareness suit.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Bicyclops posted:

dressed in that foolish alternate outfit

its good

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Hmmm I hope they bring back wavedashing, brawl sucked without wavedashing

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I want Ryu Mario and Sagat Bowser.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

whalestory posted:

I can't wait to play online and fight jackasses who can float around the screen like dragonflies while I'm forced into ineffective turtle strategies.

What I'm saying is that I hope wavedashing returns but it's stupid-easy and makes Melee fans :qq: because now dirty casuals can do it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mind the walrus posted:

I can't wait to play online and fight jackasses who can float around the screen like dragonflies while I'm forced into ineffective turtle strategies.

What I'm saying is that I hope wavedashing returns but it's stupid-easy and makes Melee fans :qq: because now dirty casuals can do it

No one cares about wavedashing being difficult to do

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

The best costume is and always has been Captain Falcon's Breast Cancer Awareness suit.

Also great.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

whalestory posted:

It wasn't in the E3/SDCC build. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Headband Jigglypuff is the best alt costume.

Oh and Bumblebee Ness

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also its a result of directional air dodge which doesnt exist anymore so whatever. I never do it anyway and I do just fine at tournaments and with my friends who do

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bandanna Jiggly, why did they take it out for brawl?

edit: Also Kefka Meta Knight.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
Duck hunt dog special moveset:
B: shoots/throws out clay pigeon
Custom B: throws several at different angles, throws a duck that can be guided for a short time.
Side + B: bite
Down + B: pulls out two dead ducks and swings them around on either side.
Custom Down + B: dead duck nunchucks
Up + B: grabs onto a passing live duck
Custom Up + B: grabs two ducks for lots of height but almost no lateral, jumps onto a duck for lots of lateral but almost no lift.

Ideas for the other custom B moves?

Final smash: dives behind a hedge, summons 5-10 8-bit ducks that chase opponents down and get shot NES Zapper style when they touch. Or 1-2 ducks that fly behind players and the players get shot instead of the ducks.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

My friends and I always just called it Manly Man.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Captain Fabulous

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

My friends and I always just called it Manly Man.

The correct answer is Pride Falcon.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blackheart posted:

Headband Jigglypuff is the best alt costume.

Oh and Bumblebee Ness

if you aint goggles pikachu you aint poo poo

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

May Contain Nuts posted:

Duck hunt dog special moveset:
B: shoots/throws out clay pigeon
Custom B: throws several at different angles, throws a duck that can be guided for a short time.
Side + B: bite
Down + B: pulls out two dead ducks and swings them around on either side.
Custom Down + B: dead duck nunchucks
Up + B: grabs onto a passing live duck
Custom Up + B: grabs two ducks for lots of height but almost no lateral, jumps onto a duck for lots of lateral but almost no lift.

At a certain point this starts to come off as rather cruel and morbid.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm guessing Duckchucks is what tipped it over the edge for you.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

if you aint goggles pikachu you aint poo poo

This is also proof that N64/Melee Pikachu retired and Melee Pichu evolved. :colbert:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The most important thing about Duck Hunt Dog is that Kirby's "Hiiiiiii" and Sonic's "You're too slow" taunts are going to be knocked down a peg by the greatest taunt in the history of video games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1QCbXCezNc

Kill someone, dog laugh. What Smash Bros was made for.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

can't wait to see poo poo like this about smash 4.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Kelp Plankton posted:

The most important thing about Duck Hunt Dog is that Kirby's "Hiiiiiii" and Sonic's "You're too slow" taunts are going to be knocked down a peg by the greatest taunt in the history of video games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1QCbXCezNc

Kill someone, dog laugh. What Smash Bros was made for.

I can't wait to hammer on the taunt button whenever I KO a friend and simultaneously point and laugh irl.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Supercar Gautier posted:

May Contain Nuts posted:

Ideas for the other custom B moves?

Neutral B - hundreds of ducks fly onto the dog from all sides, there is a flash of white light, and suddenly Ridley is standing where the dog was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Let this 17th meeting of the Awkward Wieners Club commence

• Locked thread