Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Papes posted:

If I was picking 6th and you can play a tight end in the flex I'd really consider going graham -> Gronk -> best rb

Gronks ADP is like 3.03 in PPR and later in standard. Why take him at 2.06?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Plus he's not 100%. First few picks you want sure shots.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
The last two years in my (0PPR) league the person that took Dez Bryant 1st round won each time. I will break this streak with the cold logic of RB-RB-RB dammit.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

ShaneB posted:

Gronks ADP is like 3.03 in PPR and later in standard. Why take him at 2.06?

Because 3.03 comes before 3.06? Not to be pedantic but you'd actually be drafting at 2.07, I'm not worried about "reaching" by a few picks to get someone I want.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Papes posted:

Because 3.03 comes before 3.06? Not to be pedantic but you'd actually be drafting at 2.07, I'm not worried about "reaching" by a few picks to get someone I want.

Gronks true value is even lower than his ADP. If you take him in the 2nd, your loss I guess.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
In a Vac which looks better?

Forte, Rodgers, Gronk, Vereen, Cameron

or

Forte, Rodgers, Bush, Floyd, Cameron

.5 PPR "long td/big play" league

Really thinking about using an Elite TE in the flex this year

commish
Sep 17, 2009

ShaneB posted:

Gronks true value is even lower than his ADP. If you take him in the 2nd, your loss I guess.

I see Gronk as the type of player who will win you championships, even if he misses a handful of games. If he plays during your playoffs, he can be an enormous difference maker, unlike anyone else outside of Jimmy G. However, round 2 for Gronk is a bit much for my blood. I'd consider him at the end of round 3/beginning of round 4.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Alright guys, I've got three options and I can't decide. I have 12 in a 12-man total redraft league. 0.25PPR, all else standard.

A) Stay with my picks.
B) Trade all my picks to the 3 guy for all of his picks.
C) Trade 1.12 and another (5.12? 7.12 and 13.12?) for his 1.3

Obviously C would be awesome if I get a steal but I'm not sure what his asking price is yet, and he's not a moron. I usually like the turn in a 10 man league but in a 12 it seems bad. Thoughts?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

the_american_dream posted:

In a Vac which looks better?

Forte, Rodgers, Gronk, Vereen, Cameron

or

Forte, Rodgers, Bush, Floyd, Cameron

.5 PPR "long td/big play" league

Really thinking about using an Elite TE in the flex this year

I like the first one better.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Franks Happy Place posted:

Can we talk about why Doug Martin is ranked below Bell for a second? Like, just a discussion, no dumb polemics.

I think it's because he's now in a Lovie Smith offense

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is there still interest in a weekly redraft league? The basic idea is that after every week we drop our entire roster and redraft (there would be no bench). I'm hoping there would be enough interest for a 12 team league. Draft would probably be done in a league thread starting monday night with a loose time limit and then finish it off on wednesdays on irc or something with a stricter one.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

If you're going to do that, why not do fanduel or draftday one of those types of sites?

I don't think I've ever seen a fantasy draft done in a forum thread actually finish.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'll try this one more time: any interest in a season-long pick'em, against the spread, with a $20 buyin? We had 16 people last year, but so far I've only had one person PM me. :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Combo posted:

If you're going to do that, why not do fanduel or draftday one of those types of sites?

I don't think I've ever seen a fantasy draft done in a forum thread actually finish.

The point is to do it as an actual league, I'm pretty sure those sites allow duplicate players and don't do weekly h2h.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Depending on what the board looked like, I might've taken a different WR than Cobb at 3, or waited until Rd. 3 for the first RB if there was a second stud WR available, but that's pretty much exactly how you handle that scenario
I'm trying to find a draft recap in Yahoo.. seems like they don't have one? I was trying to see what my other options might have been

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Varg posted:

I'm trying to find a draft recap in Yahoo.. seems like they don't have one? I was trying to see what my other options might have been

Click on the draft central tab, then click draft results.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

How would best ball setups change your drafting? What are some high upside flyers that are "wack-a-mole" that would be more valuable here?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CAN I GET A loving DECISION ON JOSH GORDON, THANKS.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

RCarr posted:

please football gods please

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

RCarr posted:

I thought that was tomorrow sometime

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Combo posted:

I thought that was tomorrow sometime

So sayeth the rumor mill.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

RCarr posted:

No they need to wait until Monday so I can get him in the 15th Sunday night.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Harold Cooplowski posted:

No they need to wait until Monday so I can get him in the 15th Sunday night.

It'll happen on a Friday, there's no way they're going to do it in any way other than a Friday afternoon news dump.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Apparently it's "all or nothing" for Gordon, and I can't imagine he gets nothing.

Edit:

quote:

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Steelers plan to let the league "handle any disciplinary measures" following Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount's Wednesday arrest.

Seems Bell won't miss any games this season. No way this gets wrapped up anytime soon.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

commish posted:

Apparently it's "all or nothing" for Gordon, and I can't imagine he gets nothing.

Yeah, he's probably going to lose his appeal. The question now is, does he file for an injunction based on the Williams' brothers StarCaps precedent or not?

RFX
Nov 23, 2007
I remember last season finding a really good draft spreadsheet from someone on these forums. Did whoever do that one make one for this year? I thought it was in the OP last year but I can't find it, so I'm hoping I'm just being dumb and not missing an obvious link because that spreadsheet was great.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:siren:HOLY poo poo NEW SHEETS!:siren:

Also a new form to fill out for custom requests.

Sorry, haven't done return yards yet.

Latest beer sheets

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

old dog child posted:

Latest beer sheets

I think the only polite thing to do would be to request a page for the Chmura cup, see how detailed Beer's projections go

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Azhais posted:

I think the only polite thing to do would be to request a page for the Chmura cup, see how detailed Beer's projections go

This would own and be hilarious.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm gonna print off some standard ADP listings for my work league draft for some of the newbies this Sunday. I'm not printing Beersheets out, obviously. So, what's probably the most fair sheets to have available? Just Yahoo Top 200 or something?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

89 posted:

I'm gonna print off some standard ADP listings for my work league draft for some of the newbies this Sunday. I'm not printing Beersheets out, obviously. So, what's probably the most fair sheets to have available? Just Yahoo Top 200 or something?

The FantasyPros consensus rankings is probably the best half-way point between "informative" and "helping your opposition do their own loving homework".

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
Is DeMarco Murray a reach at 9th overall? He's looking like the best RB available at that spot. Or am I better off grabbing Dez Bryant there? Half-PPR.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

In PPR, not really. He's a quality RB1 and gets a solid amount of dump off passes his way as well

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Rustmouth Chafings posted:

Is DeMarco Murray a reach at 9th overall? He's looking like the best RB available at that spot. Or am I better off grabbing Dez Bryant there? Half-PPR.

Every year I say the same thing - draft the player you want. So many picks are deemed "reaches" in August but are "drat smart" in December. Last year it would have been a "reach" to take Forte in Round 1. Demarco had 1500 yards and 10 TDs in 14 games. That's pretty good.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
An owner has left our league so we're looking for a replacement. It's a 12 team dynasty league on MFL in its fourth year.

It costs between $12-$15 a year per Owner which covers the costs of everything, there are no prizes. You can find the thread here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632950

We have a rookie draft and FA draft, both have already occurred. You will inherit a team, with roster cuts being required almost immediately. You shouldn't be required to pay for this year as the previous Owner already has, I believe.

Get in touch via the thread. We're looking for someone who will be in the league long term, as we have very little turnover of Owners.

Andio fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 21, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

The what?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I've seen all the spectacular catches and all that....but I'm not the only one sold on Alshon Jeffrey being a 2nd round or even 3rd round WR, right? He's only had one great year so far.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

IcePhoenix posted:

This would own and be hilarious.

idgi

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Andio posted:

An owner has left our league so we're looking for a replacement. It's a 12 team dynasty league on MFL in its fourth year.

It costs between $12-$15 a year per Owner which covers the costs of everything, there are no prizes. You can find the thread here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632950

We have a rookie draft and FA draft, both have already occurred. You will inherit a team, with roster cuts being required almost immediately. You shouldn't be required to pay for this year as the previous Owner already has, I believe.

Get in touch via the thread. We're looking for someone who will be in the league long term, as we have very little turnover of Owners.

Since this season is free I'll take it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

89 posted:

I've seen all the spectacular catches and all that....but I'm not the only one sold on Alshon Jeffrey being a 2nd round or even 3rd round WR, right? He's only had one great year so far.

No. Two great games that makes it look like he had a great year.

• Locked thread