Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Bitch I bought it when it was 2 dollars at Toys r us.

I'm loling. Not because you think you made a joke but because you really are that poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I'm loling. Not because you think you made a joke but because you really are that poor.

I'm not poor........I'm cheap.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Wonderful 101 is the best action game of all time
Well, its no Kid Icarus Uprising.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Ubisoft won't release the next AssCreed game on the Wii U because somebody in this thread bought it for only $1.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

We soundin off about overrated games on this page? Pikmin 3 is a piece of poo poo

Edit gently caress new page

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

enojy posted:

We soundin off about overrated games on this page? Pikmin 3 is a piece of poo poo

Edit gently caress new page

No it is you who is in fact a Piece Of poo poo.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Trent posted:

I could be wrong, but I think you were talking poo poo about a zelda or mario game or something a week ago.
poo poo, i dunno. We cool. :glomp:
I ain't even mad. Sometimes I'll talk poo poo about a game that I am largely just indifferent about just to get a reaction out of people but it's always in good fun and getting replies like "I will beat the poo poo out of you" make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :allears:

Only Mario game I've been playing lately is 3D World and it owns bones. That and I played a little NSMBU and was indifferent. I don't outright hate any Zelda game except Twilight Princess and I've never played Skyward Sword. The rest are great but also I don't think the GB/C games are as good as people remember. That's about it!

Mercury Crusader posted:

I disagree with your opinions on Pikmin, but I agree with your opinions on Kid Icarus Uprising so it evens out.

I keep saying there would be a lot less hatred in the world if everyone would just play Kid Icarus: Uprising.

enojy posted:

Finally someone agrees with me.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mercury Crusader posted:

Ubisoft won't release the next AssCreed game on the Wii U because somebody in this thread bought it for only $1.

But if you think about it you're getting U-play at like 50 cents.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Morby posted:

There was a handy spot, so thanks! As it turns out, I needed to install the update anyway, so I have plenty of time to let it charge for a while.

I got the Super Mario/Luigi U bundle, MK8, Super Mario 3D World, and $20 in Nintendobux since at least on Wii, they didn't take American Express. Incidentally, has that changed, btw?

I was thinking of going on ahead and using my Nintendobux for Earthbound. I already have it on SNES, but the thought of playing it in bed is super intriguing. Is there anything else that's a must try? I assume stuff like Wonderful 101 and Pikmin are still full price in the Nintendo store.

There has never and will never be a reason not to get Earthbound. People have suggested NES Remix and I'd agree both it and Remix 2 are great, but Remix 2 is definitely the better game. I still think they're both worth getting, but you should probably get Remix first because it would be hard to go backwards. Also the ones in the OP are recommended, plus Shovel Knight and Guacamelee are awesome.

I've had some of the most fun playing W101 out of any action game I've played of that style. I agree with people saying it's one of Platinum's most content filled games, and the stages can be long but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. However, just like with any Platinum game it is difficult to get into - you have to buy your block and dodge and they are absolutely essentially. Since it has dropped in price I think it's definitely worth getting because it's such a good game. It might help to watch the first couple episodes of Chip and Ironicus' LP though, because that explains the mechanics better than the game does.

Pikmin 3 is an excellent game at any price. Unlike W101 and ZombiU though I think you're right that Pikmin hasn't gone down in price at all. Speaking of ZombiU:

Kewpuh posted:

If you recently bought Wii U though I would highly recommend Zombi U because it is uh how do you say the poo poo that killed elvis

Kewpuh is smart and people should listen to him! Mercury Crusader also did a good job pointing out why this game is good and not just "game where you shoot a million zombies again." It's kind of a roguelike shooter though, so you should expect to die your first time playing - and then kill your zombie corpse your second time. Also King of Zombies is an awesome multiplayer mode and I wish more games would do something similar. Like W101 this has dropped down to ~$20-$30 so it's definitely worth getting.

Edit:

Kaubocks posted:

I keep saying there would be a lot less hatred in the world if everyone would just play Kid Icarus: Uprising.

A lot less hatred and a lot more broken wrists. (Seriously though, if you haven't played KI:U the controls aren't as bad as everyone says and it's legitimately one of the best things to exist so far this millennium)

CatsPajamas fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 22, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Quest For Glory II posted:

did you even see that laughable investor Q&A? They're all manchildren who love Nintendo games, they don't care.

What? They're the complete opposite, they constantly make a point of mentioning that they don't care about or understand video games and instead spend their time complaining about the most irrelevant poo poo, like the catering at the venue or whatever.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ZombiU is a Wii U game I really like and you should buy it even though Ubisoft killed the franchise after no one bought it. It's a cool game for cool dudes.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
W101 is definitely an acquired taste, its also very, very obtuse even by Platinum standards. I wanted to like it but numerous deaths in stage 1 because I had to buy my dodge and block move and the imprecise drawing poo poo drove me away.

And also suggesting Zombie U, very creative use the tablet and the atmosphere is top notch.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Just chiming in to say that W101 loving owns and I am not very good at it and barely can get silver/gold on any mission but I still have a blast and the game is also hilarious

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

What? They're the complete opposite, they constantly make a point of mentioning that they don't care about or understand video games and instead spend their time complaining about the most irrelevant poo poo, like the catering at the venue or whatever.
You're kidding, right? All the investor questions were about video games except for one really angry guy:

quote:

I do not understand video games and I even feel angry because, at Nintendo’s shareholders’ meetings, the shareholders always discuss things relating to video games or such childish topics as “what the future of video games should be,” while I, for one, was flabbergasted that Mr. Iwata continues to hold his position although he had said that he would resign if the company’s performance were bad*.

I hope that Nintendo’s shareholders’ meeting will become an opportunity where the shareholders discuss the company’s business operations from the viewpoints of capital gain and dividends.

Meanwhile these were the kind of questions asked from EVERYONE ELSE:

quote:

As most of the individual shareholders hold Nintendo’s stock because they are fans of this company, would you please give us something related to Nintendo as a shareholder perk? I do not think hardware systems should be given to shareholders due to their high costs, but games like “Tingle’s Balloon Fight DS” and “GAME & WATCH COLLECTION,” which were presents to Club Nintendo members, could be good options.

quote:

When will you announce more information about the new Legend of Zelda game for Wii U? Will it be before E3 next year?

quote:

Mr. Miyamoto mentioned earlier that he does not like to use commonly used terms like “open world” for games, but I think that this is both Nintendo’s strength and weakness. People are hesitant to buy a game when the title and the game screens do not give any clues about the game content. However, if words like “open world” are used, for example, consumers will be more comfortable and will be more likely to buy the game, because they can relate to other “open world” games and imagine that it would be fun. Hereafter, how do you plan to appeal to such emotions when you develop games in which people enjoy playing by themselves?

quote:

In seeing the beautiful and smooth 60 frame-per-second graphics for “Mario Kart 8” released recently and “The Legend of Zelda” announced at the E3 show, I feel that you have designed Wii U to be very good hardware. Mr. Miyamoto commented on the cost of software development with new technology. Now I would like to ask Mr. Takeda how confident he is about Wii U in light of developing video games and how much it will act as a weapon for Nintendo to deploy its platforms.

quote:

I, as a video game fan who wants Nintendo to keep on running a game business, am worried that Nintendo might be going to become a manufacturer of health devices in the future. I would like to own Nintendo stock for as long as ten years, so please show game fans like me something that will convince us that the game business will have a bright future in that period.

quote:

I liked to read the “Iwata Asks” articles on the Nintendo website, which used to be updated occasionally. It makes sense that the interviews are not being updated these days since Mr. Iwata has a health problem, but I would like to know why it has been updated less often recently than in the past.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

You're kidding, right? All the investor questions were about video games except for one really angry guy:

I was speaking generally, that last one was an anomaly. You're right though, they were really sycophantic last time.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I wish I had gone digital for NSMBU because then I'd be able to easily play the challenges whenever I feel like it without having to find a disc.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

You forgot the guy who was like "Yo Iwata? Where da gifts at? We could use more gifts here."

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I will be lucky to play another action game I enjoy as much as Wonderful 101 in this gen.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Quoting to laugh at your retarded rear end. Acting like you got business sense and poo poo after taking a day of econ 101

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Zombi-U is like 10 dollars now, surely you can afford it now instead of pretending you hate it.

My business sense is next to none, but you don't need advanced economics to know that after 3 years of operating losses, 2 of the largest videogame makers have pulled support for games for your system means it's a further loss of revenue. You don't make up operating losses by losing revenue.

Plus I quoted your second one to point out that while everyone jumped down my throat for pointing out that financial problems affects us as consumers of their product in terms of quantity and quality of games, everyone is also lamenting on this page that Ubi won't make another ZombiU.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nintendo investors rule

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

Policenaut posted:

ZombiU is a Wii U game I really like and you should buy it even though Ubisoft killed the franchise after no one bought it. It's a cool game for cool dudes.

How much is it on the eShop?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fremry posted:

My business sense is next to none, but you don't need advanced economics to know that after 3 years of operating losses, 2 of the largest videogame makers have pulled support for games for your system means it's a further loss of revenue. You don't make up operating losses by losing revenue.

Plus I quoted your second one to point out that while everyone jumped down my throat for pointing out that financial problems affects us as consumers of their product in terms of quantity and quality of games, everyone is also lamenting on this page that Ubi won't make another ZombiU.

Oh my god, this is the only thread you post in.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

You come to this site every day just to talk about Nintendo's finances.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Nintendo's finances are pretty simple, in fact, they can be summed up in one word:

Wario

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Where are the cute chars for cute graphs?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Where are the cute chars for cute graphs?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Man I'm so glad this game is happening. Sometimes I feel like the only person who loved Canvas Curse. :shobon:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

elf help book posted:

You come to this site every day just to talk about Nintendo's finances.

I've talked about Nintendo's finances for the first time in like 3 months yesterday, but it's still a valid topic. I know that suggesting that Nintendo may have issues in this thread is like telling a mother that her child is ugly, but it's the elephant in the room, and it's at least a different subject than the tri-weekly Wonderful 101 back and forth banter.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Every single game I own on the Wii U rules with the exception of Sonic Lost World, which at the very least is pretty and has nice music

Kaubocks posted:

Man I'm so glad this game is happening. Sometimes I feel like the only person who loved Canvas Curse. :shobon:

Canvas Curse was great. All Kirby games are great.

Video games are great guys.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Fremry posted:

I've talked about Nintendo's finances for the first time in like 3 months yesterday,

It's okay, relapsing is part of the process.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This popped up because of someone being SUPER CONCERNED about the next assassin creed and call of duty not coming out for WiiU. As a signal third party support was ending.

I got news for him, their previous games didn't sell on WiiU, so if they existed and no one was buying that's functionally the same as there being no support anyway. It's there a single person who was going to buy the WiiU but now won't because it isn't getting the yearly call of duty? Is there a single person going to get rid of their WiiU because Assassin's Creed 8 won't be on it?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Of all of Nintnedo's E3 announcements I'm most excited for this one

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Afro posted:

Of all of Nintnedo's E3 announcements I'm most excited for this one

Same here. Good-Feel is my favourite currently active developer. :swoon:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 22, 2014

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

JordanKai posted:

Same here. Good-Feel is my favourite currently active developer. :swoon:

I like your av a lot.

That's all

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

It's there a single person who was going to buy the WiiU but now won't because it isn't getting the yearly call of duty? Is there a single person going to get rid of their WiiU because Assassin's Creed 8 won't be on it?

It's mostly an issue of availability. Like, I had a GC back in the day, and it had great third party support. I would have never discovered how much I like Need for Speed or SSX if they didn't get released on the only console I own. But now, I buy a WiiU and only get Nintendo games, which is great cause Nintendo games are pretty awesome, but now I'll never know if I like SSX or not cause it's not released on WiiU and I'll never get bored one week and rent it.

For Call of Duty, big whoop, but if you extrapolate that scenario to other, non-sucky games, you'd realize that is a pretty big problem. If somebody goes out now and gets AssCreed 4 on WiiU and likes it then they're poo poo out of luck, no more AssCreed games are coming for their system of choice, guess you need a PC pal.

Not having games on a games console is a bad thing, guys.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Except the WiiU has games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

This popped up because of someone being SUPER CONCERNED about the next assassin creed and call of duty not coming out for WiiU. As a signal third party support was ending.

I got news for him, their previous games didn't sell on WiiU, so if they existed and no one was buying that's functionally the same as there being no support anyway. It's there a single person who was going to buy the WiiU but now won't because it isn't getting the yearly call of duty? Is there a single person going to get rid of their WiiU because Assassin's Creed 8 won't be on it?

The problem is that Ubi flat out said they aren't supporting it, which means that it's not only Assassin's Creed that gets dropped, it's ZombiU 2 and any other projects that their team of developers could create (including the long rumored Beyond Good and Evil 2).

A lack of choice isn't good for Ubi, Nintendo or us as the consumers. Activision/EA have not said that they have given up support, but they showed no games at E3 for the Wii U and confirmed that Mass Effect 4 and Mirror's Edge 2 (come on, how well would the gamepad work with that) will not be coming to the Wii U.

When Ubi confirms that they will not support Wii U, and EA/Activision all but confirms dropping Wii U by showing 0 games at E3 for it, we not only lose Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and NHL '15, we lose all of the other games that are actually good.

• Locked thread