Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

unwantedplatypus posted:

Plains Indians should be the mongols analogue.

Hordes of screaming, riding plains warriors. Led by the one they call "Crazy Horse." :getin:
Raiders, Fallout style. With salvaged firearms. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Nah, that's played out. The plains Indians should be like the Byzantines with higher technology, different titles for everything than the eastern countries, and tier 6 walls somewhere.

The ducal families could all claim the old tribes as dynasty names for legitimacy since genealogies got lost in the mix when they banded together for mutual protection. They'd have a state religion based on a highly formalized version of pow wow dancing.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

majestic12 posted:

after the End, it it supposed to be the case that as the duke of Montreal I can't holy war any of the occultists in the Hudson valley?
We used the Project Balance version of Holy Wars, which limits you to wars with your direct neighbors and only if you aren't craven or cynical or a couple of other traits, I forget. Early tests with vanilla holy wars led to poo poo like the AI Duke of South Jersey ignoring Delaware and Philadelphia in favor of conquering northern Maine, which was awfully dumb behavior.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Nah, that's played out. The plains Indians should be like the Byzantines with higher technology, different titles for everything than the eastern countries, and tier 6 walls somewhere.
Honestly, I'd rather have this than have Indians as tribal peoples set to be steamrolled again.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

After the pain of having to deal with troops flocking to a rebelling faction's banner , it is nice to finally be on the other end of it.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just want to see a Cult of the Great Eagle :black101: somewhere.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ofaloaf posted:

We used the Project Balance version of Holy Wars, which limits you to wars with your direct neighbors and only if you aren't craven or cynical or a couple of other traits, I forget. Early tests with vanilla holy wars led to poo poo like the AI Duke of South Jersey ignoring Delaware and Philadelphia in favor of conquering northern Maine, which was awfully dumb behavior.

Honestly, I'd rather have this than have Indians as tribal peoples set to be steamrolled again.

After the Event, reservations in the Midwest said "gently caress you, not again" and formed alliances with each other for mutual benefit (relation bonus with other Indian cultures) that eventually morphed into the (feudal elective) Plains Empire, stated goal being "stay the gently caress on your side of the Mississippi, whitey." The unity led to faster rediscovery of some technologies than in the divided east (better building and cavalry tech? Extremely expensive horse archer retinues?) and no white men dare to cross the river.

It writes itself!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The various Pueblo peoples meanwhile have not noticed nor cared that the world sort of ended. Taos Pueblo is a peaceful oasis now that tourists have gone extinct.

The Pacific northwest Indians just got on their boats and left.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Parts of Texas should worship football, they kinda already have the cultural structure down in much of the state.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Jaramin posted:

Parts of Texas should worship football, they kinda already have the cultural structure down in much of the state.

Maddenism?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Ofaloaf posted:

I like the Natives-as-Byzantine-equivalents idea - the notion that the Indians are the people that actually have their poo poo together even though everyone else has fallen to savagery is a fun one. Some tweaks to ensure that the region is ethnically and religiously diverse and tolerant, and a few breakaway tribes who are more kill-y ('the white man didn't just gently caress us this time around, he hosed everyone, they've got to be wiped out for everyone's safety') and you oughta be good to go.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have the nomads in the plains region be the local anglos.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

You could have Aztlan be a fairly prominent nation in the southwest. It could be ruled by Mestizos who escaped worse conditions down in Mexico who met up with and integrated the pueblo into their heritage myths after the bombs fell.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
Southern California should have a Hollywood-themed religion. The holy sites should be common places they filmed movies, like Vancouver, the Vasquez Rocks, Monument Valley, and NYC of course. Have the whole area be run by the descendants of Wil Smith, Ben Affleck, Angelina Jolie, give them some kind of blood-derived traits like the Muslims have. They could have special buildings devoted to building your own Walk of Fame and have a really strong dramatic tradition, where the nobles put on shows for the commoners for various benefits as their analog of a 'hold a great feast'. You could choose from among several scripted dramas, with higher or lower stats giving more options. If your learning is really low you might only be able to put together an episode of CSI for the plebs, recopied in manuscripts like the great dramas. You could even have a system for discovering scripts like they're the plays of Aeschylus or something, hiring monks to copy them, spreading them around different areas to gain temporary effects.

Fall Sick and Die fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 22, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Hollywood religion should be able to select from different stars as deities like Hindu do in EU4: Willis gives you martial bonuses, Neeson gives diplomatic bonuses, etc.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
If you could use CSI theatre plays to reveal assassinations and plots, that would be amazing.

"...and lo, after bribing the servants, the wine was poisoned! Prince Chad, of Sacramento, was laid low... All at the behest of... Prince Jayden!"

*crowd gasps as the suspect is dragged onto the stage*

"As King of these lands and High Detective of this Crime Screen Instigation, I sentence you to death... by taking the Walk of Infamy!"

*the crowd cheers*

The Prince is forced to walk through shallow wet concrete, leaving his footprints behind. Then he is beaten to death with tiny golden statues.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Hollywood religion should be able to select from different stars as deities like Hindu do in EU4: Willis gives you martial bonuses, Neeson gives diplomatic bonuses, etc.

Cage gives you a 50:50 chance for Lunatic or Possessed. :devil:

E: His trait icon is a bee.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
Hollywood religion should allow you to adopt captive children into your family as legitimized bastards for massive prestige, leading Hollywood-religion people to raid neighbors for children which gives them massive families. Maybe they should be Republics however, as that would allow the building up of your manor house, and also the increased cost for supporting huge families. Oscars should be a religious ceremony but also have an element of the tournament, where nobles have to compete for dramatic performances. People should still get killed though, due to trying to out-do each other with special effects. The Dolby Theater should be a temple in Los Angeles and one of the holy sites I guess.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
You'd probably want to add in a few classics though too. Marilyn Monroe is an obvious one, as she's virtually worshiped as is and would make a good fertility goddess. :V

I'd like to see some extremist/religious environmentalism when you get to the west coast too, which could double as a religion. Already got groups like that as is now, a disaster caused by humans would probably make them just insanely worse and even backwards thinking. You could have peaceful variations and hippie groups (which still exist in quite a few numbers out here, more so the further north to Washington you go it seems). Or better yet, hippie tribes in the Cali Redwoods!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Shadeoses posted:

If you could use CSI theatre plays to reveal assassinations and plots, that would be amazing.

"...and lo, after bribing the servants, the wine was poisoned! Prince Chad, of Sacramento, was laid low... All at the behest of... Prince Jayden!"

*crowd gasps as the suspect is dragged onto the stage*

"As King of these lands and High Detective of this Crime Screen Instigation, I sentence you to death... by taking the Walk of Infamy!"

*the crowd cheers*

The Prince is forced to walk through shallow wet concrete, leaving his footprints behind. Then he is beaten to death with tiny golden statues.

In hollywoodland fame should be everything, you can force your liege to give his title to you by simply being more prestigious.

Edit: And anything sufficiently soap-opera-y should give you extra prestige, too, having an affair? PRESTIGE! Your spouse having an affair? PRESTIGE! Plot revealed? PRESTIGE!

reignonyourparade fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Aug 22, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Hollywood religion would also have steep natural prestige reduction over time. Gotta keep your face in the news, baby. And make Vancouver a holy site.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I don't know, I'd rather not saturate the mod with cheesy pop-culture references.

Religions based on the icons of the old world are pretty fun, but I wouldn't want things to go too far with specifics.

(That said, I did sell a friend on the mod by telling him that he could play the Americanists and role play that he was a follower of James K. Polk, patron saint of annexation. Manifest Destiny holy wars really appealed to him, but I don't think such things need to be gameplay mechanics.)

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Let's have a meme religion, you could get traits such as "epic" and "ftw" and such :iamafag:

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
If I was going to export my ck2 saves onto a flash drive or something where on earth would they be located at?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blackray Jack posted:

If I was going to export my ck2 saves onto a flash drive or something where on earth would they be located at?

My documents/paradox etc iirc. I'm not on my real pc so I can't be sure.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
This is the first time I think I've even seen a successful totally AI won crusade, and against a completely stable Abbasid Caliphate, the bonus is it's Scottish Jerusalem.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Blackray Jack posted:

Paste this into the run dialog if you are using windows:
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This is the first time I think I've even seen a successful totally AI won crusade, and against a completely stable Abbasid Caliphate, the bonus is it's Scottish Jerusalem.

Really sad they haven't implemented the "put a distant relative on the throne" decision from CK2+ in vanilla yet.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I did a thing (your worst Karling nightmare):

All those pretty little icons.

From a different, older game:
The heir:

Second in line:

It's not hard to guess what happened next!

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Currently, as Venice, I am wedged between the Byzantine Empire (who I just broke off from in an independence war) and Italy. Both could easily flatten me, militarily. What is the best way to keep both of them appeased and not attacking me? I am trying to use my diplomat to make both happy, and I am desperately trying to get more troops up.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Sheep posted:

Really sad they haven't implemented the "put a distant relative on the throne" decision from CK2+ in vanilla yet.

Am I missing something or can you not just grant the title to a relative and let him be independent?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Disillusionist posted:

Am I missing something or can you not just grant the title to a relative and let him be independent?
What about the AI?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
More After the End chat:

Have fun building all your Hollywood and SoCal lore, but please...populate Vegas and the surrounding area with Fallout: New Vegas characters and locations. You could have Emperor House rule over the entire F:NV map, then each faction from the game is its own house and county...it'd work perfectly. :allears:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

timp posted:

More After the End chat:

Have fun building all your Hollywood and SoCal lore, but please...populate Vegas and the surrounding area with Fallout: New Vegas characters and locations. You could have Emperor House rule over the entire F:NV map, then each faction from the game is its own house and county...it'd work perfectly. :allears:

I am pretty sure I have seen the guys making it say that they are trying to avoid having too many (read: not many at all) game/movie/book references because if they add one everyone will say "add this! add this too!".

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Bort Bortles posted:

I am pretty sure I have seen the guys making it say that they are trying to avoid having too many (read: not many at all) game/movie/book references because if they add one everyone will say "add this! add this too!".

Actually, now that you mention it, I think I saw that too...too bad. :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Luigi Thirty posted:

Agreed. Now Canada, who knows what bloodthirsty conquerors lie within those dark lands?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Sometimes, sometimes, the AI manages to pull it off.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

grancheater posted:

Sometimes, sometimes, the AI manages to pull it off.

I can't quite make it out, who the hell is that in Denmark?

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

That seems to be the Arabian empire, which also holds Rome.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Me, the Arabian Empire. Look when you can't play the inheritance game you grab any claim you can.

Also, before anyone asks: Dynasty is Árpád, 1066 start.

grancheater fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Looks like Arabia.

• Locked thread