Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

AnonSpore posted:

The coolness of that suplex was immediately neutered by the name she gave it.

Sure, it would be pretty dorky if it was the traditional Spender Slam. But the Isabel Edition of the move is much improved with the return to the upright position via spectral energy. Much more impressive and plays better to the crowd I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Well, there goes my theory.

I was thinking that since under all the hair they look like just a giant head, maybe they're extensions of a single hydra-esque spirit or something. (Hence also the regenerating schtick.) But if they're all part of the same thing, I'm not sure the infinite death loop would work.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

If by neutered you mean magnified tenfold then yeah :smug:

More like magnified eightfold. :smith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

AnonSpore posted:

The coolness of that suplex was immediately neutered by the name she gave it.
Nah. Naming an attack after yourself is dorky as hell. Naming an attack after your mentor's version and then adding your name? ...still pretty dorky, but in a cool way.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Toldya it was suplex spenderslam time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I heard Spender Slam: Isabel Edition in the SF4 title screen announcer voice/cadence and I'm pretty sure that's the correct way to hear it.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Sooo, nobody gonna bring up the fact that Isabel just did exactly what the spirits wanted in the first place? They're on the other side of the barrier now.

Edit: Oh wait. It looks like they're still stuck in an infinite revival loop. It was a bit hard to tell. Nevermind.

heenato fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 16, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

heenato posted:

Sooo, nobody gonna bring up the fact that Isabel just did exactly what the spirits wanted in the first place? They're on the other side of the barrier now.

Edit: Oh wait. It looks like they're still stuck in an infinite revival loop. It was a bit hard to tell. Nevermind.

Also their goal was to cause chaos/get Forge and Spender fighting/kill the kids. If they wanted out they could have left whenever; they kept going for Max and Isabel of their own volition.

Also yeah, they are probably stuck together still. Which is a rather unpleasant fate, but if they've done enough awful things to speak cursed words fluently they probably deserve it.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Nah. Naming an attack after yourself is dorky as hell. Naming an attack after your mentor's version and then adding your name? ...still pretty dorky, but in a cool way.

"You can rename my techniques after you've improved them!"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Angry Walrus posted:

"You can rename my techniques after you've improved them!"
And she totally did improve it. She got back up after.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Also their goal was to cause chaos/get Forge and Spender fighting/kill the kids. If they wanted out they could have left whenever; they kept going for Max and Isabel of their own volition.

Also yeah, they are probably stuck together still. Which is a rather unpleasant fate, but if they've done enough awful things to speak cursed words fluently they probably deserve it.

Didn't we already see them stalking Forge outside the barrier? Meaning that getting outside wasn't a big deal/primary objective for them? They were probably meant to foil Spender's mission, and so far it's mostly on track, aside from Forge's presence. And it doesn't seem like Spender will have problems getting back on.

Wonder how Isaac and the Burger child are.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, they were on the other side of the barrier when they met. Forge kept trying to hurt them and failing because he's not that smart :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This next conversation's gonna be fun. "Hi Isabel! Hey, where's Max and Mr. Spender?"

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think that's Isabel in the window in the next carriage, so a reunion might be imminent.

It's a bit sad she thinks Max is dead at the moment, although it occurred to me that if we didn't know Max was the protagonist via following him around all the time he might've looked like the unimportant rookie red shirt that gets added to the team just to get killed off to show the situation's serious. That would've been one hell of a bait-and-switch.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dolash posted:

It's a bit sad she thinks Max is dead at the moment, although it occurred to me that if we didn't know Max was the protagonist via following him around all the time he might've looked like the unimportant rookie red shirt that gets added to the team just to get killed off to show the situation's serious. That would've been one hell of a bait-and-switch.

Paranatural's been running for three years, that's would've been a crazy commitment to bait and switch.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Gonna be funny when it turns out that Max is directly below there and the fused dogthings smash into his skull. "This one's for Max" indeed.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Blackheart posted:

Toldya it was suplex spenderslam time.

Yeah, I think the Suplex Spender Slam is customary for situations involving supernatural trains.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Paranatural's been running for three years, that's would've been a crazy commitment to bait and switch.
Unless Max becomes a ghost tool user medium, remaining the main character.

It's never been said what happens when a medium dies before the spirit is strong enough to leave. And the fact that Max is also a tool user might complicate things.

Well, unless some spirits are so powerful, they can possess people despite being in a tool.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Kgummy posted:

Unless Max becomes a ghost tool user medium, remaining the main character.

It's never been said what happens when a medium dies before the spirit is strong enough to leave. And the fact that Max is also a tool user might complicate things.

Well, unless some spirits are so powerful, they can possess people despite being in a tool.

Probably float out in wispy ghost form in need of a new thing to possess.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ariong posted:

Probably float out in wispy ghost form in need of a new thing to possess.

I think that Zack mentioned that if a tool breaks, that's what happens. And a medium is just a human tool, so you're probably right.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Slime posted:

I think that Zack mentioned that if a tool breaks, that's what happens. And a medium is just a human tool, so you're probably right.

The alternative is Weekend at Bernie's, with superpowers

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Slime posted:

I resent you calling Issac a tool.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Prison Warden posted:

I specifically do not

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Prison Warden posted:

But he is one.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

KittyEmpress posted:

But he is one.

No, he's a medium.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
looks like a small to me

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The shading on this page is really pretty.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isaac you tool :allears:

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
New page link

Tooltip: "And we went through like 30 of these doors on the way here so Isaac really has no excuse"

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!
If there's ever an alt text that I want to be canon, it's this one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Isabel: The only unironic badass in this comic? It's more likely than you may think!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Is she just straight up outrunning a train? That's pretty impressive. Not sure how she'll get Max out of his bind though, considering he's magnet'd to the rails.

It's funny to think Max is fulfilling the damsel-in-distress-tied-to-the-train-tracks role at the moment. Someone get Isabel a Mountie hat.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
As usual, there's a ton of sweet avatarable faces on this page, and Ed continues to be the Burger Child fantastic. I wish Paranatural could update daily :allears:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ed preventing Issac from kicking down the door killed me.

drat Max can scream really loud.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Shindragon posted:

Ed preventing Issac from kicking down the door killed me.

drat Max can scream really loud.

I don't think he blocked the door. Issac just tried to kick the door, thinking it would open on hinges like a normal door, but it's actually a sliding door that won't respond to kicks like that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Isabel's astonishingly kickass spectral energy stuff continues to be more and more amazing.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
this page brought home how much I missed Ed and Isaac

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

MikeJF posted:

Isabel's astonishingly kickass spectral energy stuff continues to be more and more amazing.

I guess Gramps was right, Eightfold really was holding her back. :smith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

I guess Gramps was right, Eightfold really was holding her back. :smith:
Not quite. Look at the shape of her grappling hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Dolash posted:

It's funny to think Max is fulfilling the damsel-in-distress-tied-to-the-train-tracks role at the moment. Someone get Isabel a Mountie hat.

Every so often, someone makes awesome Paranatural fanart.