Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

And I mean,

:cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Z4 m coupe is a car I wish I could own. Problem is they are rare and expensive.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4623596629.html

I can't bring myself to spend the money on an e90 so this is looking like a good option that I can pay cash for.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BraveUlysses posted:

I can't bring myself to spend the money on an e90 so this is looking like a good option that I can pay cash for.

Very cool :)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If you don't get a Z4 M in Sepang Bronze you did it wrong.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Popete posted:

If you don't get a Z4 M in Sepang Bronze you did it wrong.

As the current curator of a Z4MC in Sepang Bronze (:smuggo:), this.

ninja edit: that 325 touring is gorgeous and you will be very happy with it. Go go go

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
E46 wagon + black trim + RC 090 = sex

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Unfortunately, it sounds like it's basically sold as of tomorrow. I won't be able to make it to portland until the weekend.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
There's a rust free e34 with a manual in my area for ~1000 bux. I need it in my life. Gotta have all the beater 5's.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
revmoo, televiper, Xy Hapu: your parts are on their way. I walked in to Canada Post first thing this morning and sent them. I have sent each of you a PM with the costs, which were a little higher but not terribly so (in my opinion) than earlier rough estimates.

televiper, I forgot to ask about sending the moustache as just a bare piece (with a label and maybe some padding on the corners), but I'll try that soon. The backup plan is to raid the cardboard bin at work for a few long pieces to tape around the moustache as a kind of quasi-box thing.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Got it back from the body shop after some superficial damage. I think it's time for a 3M clearbra... it just looks so drat good.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Lookit that poormobile.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Das Volk posted:

Got it back from the body shop after some superficial damage.

What'd you hit?

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

BraveUlysses posted:

I want aluminum trim so bad.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

SuperDucky posted:

I want aluminum trim so bad.

(a) Why?!

(b) You can probably straight-up trade with someone who wants shadowline trim.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

You mean aluminum interior trim right? That wagon is BA

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Oh I guess that makes more sense.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

revmoo posted:

Oh I guess that makes more sense.

Yeah Vagrant got it. I think it would go well since my wagon is alpine on schwarz leatherette.

e: So the M4 has an oil temp gauge in lieu of a water temp gauge. :eek: God drat cooling system!

SuperDucky fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 21, 2014

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My 135 has an oil temp gauge as well. Don't BMWs have some sort of heat exchanger so the two will be near each other in temperature anyway?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I thought most oils start to break down around 250deg F?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

sofullofhate posted:

As the current curator of a Z4MC in Sepang Bronze (:smuggo:), this.

ninja edit: that 325 touring is gorgeous and you will be very happy with it. Go go go

sigh, sold already

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=332987
Too bad about being NJ.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I hated those wheels when I saw them on an M5 at the Detroit Auto show years ago. They looked like small wheels with whitewall tires. They look even worse without the center caps... in fact, they look just like the 14" polycast wheels on my Mercury Sable -- with whitewalls.

That's NOT a good thing.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I think they're badass. But they don't fit on a E34 at all.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

meatpimp posted:

I hated those wheels when I saw them on an M5 at the Detroit Auto show years ago. They looked like small wheels with whitewall tires. They look even worse without the center caps... in fact, they look just like the 14" polycast wheels on my Mercury Sable -- with whitewalls.

That's NOT a good thing.

Fortunately wheels are cheap :)

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

revmoo posted:

I think they're badass. But they don't fit on a E34 at all.

Those are e34 m5 wheels...

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I never cared for the throwing stars. I prefer the M-parallels (style 37), they just look right.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

M-pars is the correct answer to everything. Style 32's are legit on e39s too I guess.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
I've always liked the 2 piece BBS style 5s that came on certain E39s with sport package for older BMWs

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
These are the ones coming on my car, I'm not really in love but they're sorta cool I guess.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
Some little poo poo stole the front badge off my e90 335i. Is there a good spot to get a replacement from that you guys would recommend?

swampnutz
Oct 30, 2005

meatpimp posted:

That's NOT a good thing.

I can't remember .. isn't it the same wheel underneath the "whitewall" covers that's underneath the "throwing-star" covers? Because IMO they do look pretty cool with the cover removed:

(I do wonder how those center caps are set up tho)

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

raej posted:

Some little poo poo stole the front badge off my e90 335i. Is there a good spot to get a replacement from that you guys would recommend?

I got one from Pelican Parts.

Brock Landers
Jul 28, 2004

You're a donkey. I like that.

swampnutz posted:

I can't remember .. isn't it the same wheel underneath the "whitewall" covers that's underneath the "throwing-star" covers? Because IMO they do look pretty cool with the cover removed:

Yup, same wheel. The covers are interchangeable.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

raej posted:

I got one off amazon, just found one with a lot of high reviews saying it was authentic.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

meatpimp posted:

What'd you hit?

Some idiot didn't tie down a load correctly and a plastic milk box hit it. Since it was in the air it's a comp claim, thankfully.

SuperDucky posted:

Yeah Vagrant got it. I think it would go well since my wagon is alpine on schwarz leatherette.

e: So the M4 has an oil temp gauge in lieu of a water temp gauge. :eek: God drat cooling system!

BMW has been doing that since the E9x.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Das Volk posted:

BMW has been doing that since the E9x.

The water temp gauge made a return in the non-M F30s; the cluster in that car is closer to the E46 in terms of layout than the E9x.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

So halfway through my 80 mile trip this morning my add oil immediately light came on and I pulled over to find a film of cooking oil all over the manifold and cabin filter box. I had to add a quart of non synthetic at a rest stop but I made it my destination. Gasket leak maybe? Can't wait to figure out how to get it home.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Das Volk posted:

Some idiot didn't tie down a load correctly and a plastic milk box hit it. Since it was in the air it's a comp claim, thankfully.

Yowch. That's bad luck. Were you moving at the time, or was it a passing idiot? I thought comp claims were only when your car is stationary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Was it sprayed or just leaking? Because spraying equals some kind of pressure pushing against the oil, unless its hitting the fan.

And even then, usually any leaks just kind of ooze out and not coat things.