Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

dichloroisocyanuric posted:

Has anyone seen that the rumor is for Necrons to be next, with an update similar to the GK book? Literally just a crammed-in codex for the new rules with nothing new.
I wouldn't doubt it, but I also would expect some nerfs and tweaks. For instance, Space Wolves "Living Lightning" has something like the Tesla rule, but it doesn't work on Snap Shots. It's oddly specific, and I would gamble they would add that to Necron stuff. Clarify some things on a couple pieces of wargear, give them Warlord traits, whatever. Necrons could come out quite alright on the other side if they don't get really heavy point increases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

BeigeJacket posted:

Can someone recommend me a good company where I can buy some shipping containers? Preferably ones that can stack as my club needs more LOS blockers.

The game AT-43 included shipping containers with a lot of it's units, they're perfect for 40k, you can sometimes find them on Ebay for cheap.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Dump_Stat posted:

Yeah, I had a thing for wanting to do Squats counts-as Grey Knights for a while and I looked at a lot of the Mantic Forgefather stuff. It matches up pretty solidly with GW's, scale-wise, but I never really liked their aesthetics. A couple of the models are cool, like their Forgefather Lord and their NOT a Thunderfire cannon, but they always seemed just kind of ugly, rigid and blocky.

There's some new stuff coming out that will be on sale next month that you might like a little better

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/pre-order/deadzone/product/forge-father-forge-guard-booster.html
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/pre-order/deadzone/product/forge-father-brokkr-booster.html
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/pre-order/deadzone/product/forge-father-support-booster.html
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/pre-order/deadzone/product/forge-father-urban-pattern-iron-ancestor.html
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/pre-order/deadzone/product/hammerstrike-dropforce-forge-father-faction-deal.html

There's a new mod of the not-Thunderfire cannon due too, but it's not up for preorder yet.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pacheeco posted:

Each psyker can cast as many powers as he/she has access to (based off ML level which directly effects the number of powers you will have access to) as long as you have the dice available but you can't cast any power (per each Psyker) more than once per Psychic Phase.

How do you get that from what is written in the book? Let's look at the actual wording:

quote:

The number of psychic powers a Psyker can use each turn depends on his Mastery Level.
One possible issue seems to be with the word "depends" so let's see what that word means:
Merriam-Webster: "to be determined, based, or contingent"

So relating that, we have the following:

quote:

The number of psychic powers a Psyker can use each turn [is to be determined, based, or contingent] on his Mastery Level.
That's a straight-forward meaning.

The other issue seems to be that "Mastery Level" is somehow seen as indefinite or spurious. It is not. Mastery Level is a definite 1-4(+?). They immediately followed that previous section with a section on what a Mastery Level is set at. It doesn't say "depends on his Warp Charges availabe", it doesn't say "depends on the number of powers he knows". It says plain and simple, "depends on his Mastery Level." By extending that to include all the powers potentially generated by a psyker with a certain mastery level you're extending meaning which is not in the wording. You're essentially attaching an interpretation beyond the literal reading.

I don't really see how that can be taken any other way.

Boon fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 22, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

Bob Olley (a former GW sculptor from back in the 80s and early 90s) makes a space dwarf line he calls Scrunts, which sounds kind of dirty.

Hahahahaha

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Moola posted:

Hahahahaha

You're a filthy scrunt, Moola :quagmire:

On the other hand, Prussian scrunts would go pretty well with these tanks, but you'd better get on them quick before GW notices and sues them for violating their Leman Russ, Chimera and Taurox IP :v:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

zeal posted:

If you're not up to spending hours laboring over the perfect blend of skin tones for glistening genitalia Slaanesh may not be the army for you.

Can someone please confirm whether it is more difficult to paint black vaginas or white vaginas? tia

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Do you mean black African vaginas or ash skin red labia vaginas?

I paint my Scrunts in the latter.

Moola fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Aug 22, 2014

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Boon posted:

it doesn't say "depends on the number of powers he knows". It says plain and simple, "depends on his Mastery Level." By extending that to include all the powers potentially generated by a psyker with a certain mastery level you're extending meaning which is not in the wording

Can Psykers know more or less powers than their ML? This whole psychic phase thing is new to me.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Can Psykers know more or less powers than their ML? This whole psychic phase thing is new to me.

Yeah. If a psyker rolls all of their powers from the same list they get the primaris for free. So a level 1 dude would automatically have two powers, a level 2 would have three, etc. Level 2+ psykers have more options if they want them and can roll off of multiple tables, but they won't get a primaris unless otherwise stated like with chaos.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

This depends on special rules of the Psyker and/or whether they are Chaos Daemons.

Warp Focus grants you the Primaris of your Psychic table provided you only generate powers from one table (i.e. only Telepathy, etc.). Certain Psykers can know more powers than their Mastery Level based on rules specific to that model/unit and Chaos Daemons Primaris of their patron god regardless of what powers they know otherwise (due to Chaos Focus). For instance, a Mastery Level 1 Herald of Nurgle can roll on Biomancy. Since all powers were selected from the Biomancy table, they get the Biomancy Primaris. They then additionally get the Nurgle Primaris.

Chaos Focus is pretty specific to Chaos Daemons in terms of being beneficial, since it just guarantees a Chaos Space Marines Psyker the Primaris of their god. They're required to roll at least one on their god's table anyway, so it just allows a ML2+ Psyker to branch into another table and still get a Primaris out of it.

A model can "know" less powers than their Mastery Level if they roll a Perils of the Warp during play and "forget" one of their powers by rolling the result that forces you to randomly lose a power.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 22, 2014

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Any NOVA/DC/MD goons want to get a game in this weekend? I need to practice 7th edition for the upcoming NOVA Open.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Don't forget wargear and other factors. One great example with the new GK book is that it's possible for a ML3 Librarian to know 6 of the 7 spells in Sanctic (primaris from Warp Focus included).

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
All of my Scrunts are made from bonesium.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I like to convert my Scrunts a little to better match the aesthetic of 40k.

To do this I put some lubricant on my Scrunt, then gently moulded a skull on the crotch area.

I can't wait paint my Space Scrunts. What sort of wash goes best on Scrunts?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
What sort of carry case do you guys use for Scrunts?

I need to make sure I pack my Scrunt lovingly, wouldn't want to break my Scrunts.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I was playing a game yesterday and my Scrunt HQ got rammed off the table, "gently caress my Scrunt!" I yelled!

It was too late, my Scrunt was on the floor, ripped apart. "You totally destroyed my Scrunt!" I told the guy.

He didn't seem bothered, actually said I'd been asking for it all game. I wish guys would be more delicate with my Scrunt...

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
man the word 'scrunt' sure is funny

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Moola posted:

What sort of carry case do you guys use for Scrunts?

I need to make sure I pack my Scrunt lovingly, wouldn't want to break my Scrunts.

I heard Battlefoam is the best, designed by scrunts for scrunts

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Moola posted:

I like to convert my Scrunts a little to better match the aesthetic of 40k.

To do this I put some lubricant on my Scrunt, then gently moulded a skull on the crotch area.

I can't wait paint my Space Scrunts. What sort of wash goes best on Scrunts?
People usually wash their Scrunts in the shower, so soap I guess?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

I heard Battlefoam is the best, designed by scrunts for scrunts

That guy must be really into Scrunts because I keep hearing people call him a massive Scrunt, or at least I think that's what they saying...

HiveCommander posted:

People usually wash their Scrunts in the shower, so soap I guess?

My Scrunts tend to get a bit dirty but I'll try just using soap cheers.

Cya guys later I'm off to scrub my dirty Scrunts.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'd put that on my resume and never take it off. Lead Designer- Scrunts

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

man the word 'scrunt' sure is funny

This but unironically

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Night Lords Contemptor Deadnought

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I love scrunts as much as the next guy but why do they have to be so hairy? I'd really prefer if they were well groomed.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Ugh that dreadnought design is so much better than the regular one. They should just retire the old one.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

The Nightlords one reminds me of a slightly upscaled Planetside 2 MAX suit.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Iron Warriors one is up too:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/IRON_WARRIORS_LEGION_CONTEMPTOR_DREADNOUGHT.html

It looks cool, but that Night Lords one outclasses it. Guess I'll have to wait til there's a painted picture of the Iron Warriors one.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm hoping the Dark Angels contemptor is awesome, but I get the feeling it's going to end up a bit bland

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NTRabbit posted:

I'm hoping the Dark Angels contemptor is awesome, but I get the feeling it's going to end up a bit bland

Needs to be in a robe.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

serious gaylord posted:

Needs to be in a robe.

A robe and a serious amount of really well done Lion heraldry, none of this half arsed one lion on the front plate and that's all poo poo

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SRM posted:

The Iron Warriors one is up too:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/IRON_WARRIORS_LEGION_CONTEMPTOR_DREADNOUGHT.html

It looks cool, but that Night Lords one outclasses it. Guess I'll have to wait til there's a painted picture of the Iron Warriors one.

That Night Lords contemptor looks rad as gently caress and will easily work in 40k. I'm not a fan of the modeled caution stripes on the Iron Warriors contemptor. I get the appeal, but it's just much more satisfying to paint the stripes (also, it looks better).

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

TheChirurgeon posted:

That Night Lords contemptor looks rad as gently caress and will easily work in 40k. I'm not a fan of the modeled caution stripes on the Iron Warriors contemptor. I get the appeal, but it's just much more satisfying to paint the stripes (also, it looks better).

I like when that stuff is modeled on because I'm A Bad Painter.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Like furries, a sad waste of talent. Excessive censorship just to be sure:

Hihohe posted:

Space skaven, Space Dwarves or Space Lizardmen. Any way you go I would love to see a new xenos army.

Chaos mutants (beastmen). I would love to see that.

There was The Lost And The Damned during the Eye Of Terror campaign. They were cool and had rules for mutations. RIP, LaTD.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Iron Warriors is really cool too. Looks like it got a bit of the downs though.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Like furries, a sad waste of talent. Excessive censorship just to be sure:

There was The Lost And The Damned during the Eye Of Terror campaign. They were cool and had rules for mutations. RIP, LaTD.

With out it being painted that thing looks like one of those "Snake" fireworks you bought then lit and it grew just enough to resemble a turd and then stopped and you had to relight it.

What the gently caress 700,000 dollars?!

https://nr-004.appspot.com/www.kickstarter.com/projects/loudnraging/raging-heroes-the-toughest-girls-of-the-galaxy

To be fair though, they are rather impressive.

https://nr-004.appspot.com/www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news

Has the pretty much entire line up. Actually pretty nice.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 22, 2014

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Boon posted:

How do you get that from what is written in the book? Let's look at the actual wording:

P.24 bottom left paragraph "If, after attempting to manifest a psychic power, you still have Warp Charges left, you can attempt to manifest another psychic power with the same unit, or select another of your Psyker units and attempt to manifest a power the new unit knows. Assuming you have enough Warp Charge points, you can alternate back and forth between the same Psyker units in this way, but no unit can attempt to manifest the same psychic power more than once per Psychic Phase".

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 22, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Nerds + cheesecake = money. My favorite was when some douche on Dakka started giving Victoria Lamb a hard time for not making her models "feminine" enough, IE: sexy cheesecake models. For once other people on Dakka were decent and told the guy to go screw.

TheChirurgeon posted:

I don't mind molded caution stripes because hard lines can be hard to paint on flat surfaces. It doesn't make any sense physically, but if it'll help my lines look cleaner I'm into it. If I get a Fire Raptor, I'll have to figure out how to do caution stripes on those big flat surfaces cleanly, since masking tape always ends up shoring up at the edges and looking awful on my stuff.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I like most of her miniatures but it's weird she's associated with female models when as far as I know has just that one line.

That line the Raging Hero one is pretty nice actually even if they seem to have the same cloned face for every model and has some great sculpts. Some of it's cheesecakey but those bikes especially are really awesome.

For Checkerboard hazard painting , I think there was some guide on Dakka that used some sort of mesh or something that came out looking really good and was a paint by numbers method.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 22, 2014

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

I don't mind molded caution stripes because hard lines can be hard to paint on flat surfaces. It doesn't make any sense physically, but if it'll help my lines look cleaner I'm into it. If I get a Fire Raptor, I'll have to figure out how to do caution stripes on those big flat surfaces cleanly, since masking tape always ends up shoring up at the edges and looking awful on my stuff.

There's always transfers. None of the GW ones are very long, even on the vehicle sheets, but you might be able to I dunno, daisy-chain them together. Failing that you could always print out your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

So I'm going to paint my old GW miniatures in this style

How could I adapt the paint scheme to a Razorback? Mainly purple/blue with yellow doors and accents?

• Locked thread