Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

someone pop that god drat zit on her temple jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I don't keep up with game poo poo but I saw Indie Game the movie and a lot of these people came off like narcissists. The only people that came off normal were the Super Meat Boy guys.

probably because they made a game to make a game

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
i love that phil fish exists

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

probably because they made a game to make a game

Why do that when you can make a game about making a game instead

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The thing to take away from all this is really the fact a woman dying her hair purple or pink or whatever is basically the same warning sign as a fedora. And that Phil Fish has always been a slimy shithead who got lucky once.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Judging by that Sessler pic, he might be getting lucky twice :newfap:

Dec 26, 2012

lmfao. he took it down as far as i can tell so here it is

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The thing to take away from all this is really the fact a woman dying her hair purple or pink or whatever is basically the same warning sign as a fedora. And that Phil Fish has always been a slimy shithead who got lucky once.

I'd argue to better thing to take away from this is that people who consistently talk about how morally superior they are while claiming that there's an evil group trying to oppress them, are usually lovely morally depraved people.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SPACE HOMOS posted:

That stud in her head shows how many years shes been a space marine.

lol

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe
Google is also still caching it.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

psyman posted:

Doing a search for Phil Fish on twitter just now turned up this image at the top, which suggests that he has faked his own hacking:

Unless I'm mistaken, Buttflare is not a hosting service. Basically, the website hides behind buttflare to protect it from DDoS attacks. I can't believe that redditors think that the hacker couldn't possibly have kept the breach on the down low until they archived the server and rehosted it before making it public.

It makes me think that they are either collectively retarded or just don't know what the gently caress they are talking about. To be fair, we are talking about 'gamers' here. A typical gamer doesn't know the first thing about how games are programmed or what hardware is realistically capable of. These are the same people who think they could make a small, fun, bug-free game for thousands of dollars.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Shadoer posted:

I'd argue to better thing to take away from this is that people who consistently talk about how morally superior they are while claiming that there's an evil group trying to oppress them, are usually lovely morally depraved people.

Zoe Quinn was so absolutely concerned about the problem of cheating and consent that she convinced her boyfriend that if he were ever to cheat and then have sex with her he would be a Rapist, while actively doing exactly that behind his back with multiple men and then insisting on unprotected sex with her boyfriend so he wouldn't be suspicious

It's the exact same poo poo every time. If someone suddenly gets extremely jealous or suspicious of their partner cheating, they're the one cheating.

lmao people own

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
gaming culture

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

He posted his own paypal info in an effort to fake a hack? I'd love to hear paypal who looks for any and every excuse they can to steal money from you respond to a chargeback request for that poo poo

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

:drat:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

dear phil fish:

when I get uncontrollably, violently mad at the internet (such as the last time $EGA changed sonic the hedgehog's voice actor...) I just get up and walk away instead of embarrassing myself with incriminating hysterical tweets and posts that i'll be rightfully mocked for forever

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

brb taking a walk around the city with all of my money in cash with me on my person.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Ulver posted:

He posted his own paypal info in an effort to fake a hack? I'd love to hear paypal who looks for any and every excuse they can to steal money from you respond to a chargeback request for that poo poo

Actually assuming it's him, he's taking very little risk.

First of all, so long as he contacted Paypal asap, they'll just freeze the account and reverse any charges within a reasonable time period. Second, any person wanting to steal his cash in the first place would need to set up a proper dummy account to grab the funds or else they risk getting charged with theft.

For that matter, so long as he informs the proper authorities today that this "incident" happened it's almost impossible for his identity to be stolen or for him to suffer any losses.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Why would you put all your personal information and social security on your company website or dropbox? I'm thinking more and more that Phil Fish legitimately got hacked but either way that is incredibly moronic.

If you haven't memorized your SSN and don't keep it safely off the internet as best you can you're at risk for your identity to get stolen.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

dear phil fish:

when I get uncontrollably, violently mad at the internet (such as the last time $EGA changed sonic the hedgehog's voice actor...) I just get up and walk away instead of embarrassing myself with incriminating hysterical tweets and posts that i'll be rightfully mocked for forever

so you're essentially a rapist?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Why would you put all your personal information and social security on your company website or dropbox? I'm thinking more and more that Phil Fish legitimately got hacked but either way that is incredibly moronic.

If you haven't memorized your SSN and don't keep it safely off the internet as best you can you're asking for your identity to get stolen.

what kinda fuckin manchild hasn't learned their ssn by age 22?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

If you haven't memorized your SSN and don't keep it safely off the internet as best you can you're at risk for your identity to get stolen.

why would America even have a personalised number that if someone steals it you're in legit risk of having your identity stolen, anyway?

get your poo poo together america, and fill phish, get your poo poo, together

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

On the one hand, it being a fake hack seems pretty ridiculous. On the other hand, keeping all of your most sensitive information on a webserver, or in emails seems pretty ridiculous.

Let's bring this back to games. This whole thing is probably just Frog Fractions 2.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The_Cack posted:

wade wilson if you quote me one more time I'm breaking into your house and raping your mouth

Didn't notice this earlier.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
page 52 of the reddit drama thread

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

butplug accident posted:

page 52 of the reddit drama thread

It's almost as if there is a funny thing happening!

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Phil always wanted to be a martyr... Against what exactly I'm not sure. Cool fake hack, tho.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Liquid Penguins posted:

It's almost as if there is a funny thing happening!

your conception

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
i can't wait for phil fish's next manic depressive episode. maybe this time he'll post the nuclear launch codes or something.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Also there's the really important point that in order for a hacker to get into his webserver, then presumably dropbox and a bunch of other personal accounts, find everything, then neatly compile everything into a 1.6GB file to download is nearly impossible in this time frame.

Unless Fish literally had a folder where he kept everyone's personal information, including his own, already neatly stored and organized, there is no way any hacker could pull this off. Not because the hack is impossible, it isn't, but finding and organizing this information takes time and effort. Not to mention patience as you'd have to be hunting for this information for sometime, and then not just hit the "go" button as soon as you have a little bit of info like his SIN or address or something.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah apparently both Phil and Zoe have staged a hacking by "/V/" on their poo poo

Update from Phil

haha holy poo poo these people

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

is this that toilet axemaniac couldnt stop dreaming about

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Wade Wilson posted:

Didn't notice this earlier.
you can try to keep that fence near your mouth but im telling you it won't work :D

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Shadoer posted:

Also there's the really important point that in order for a hacker to get into his webserver, then presumably dropbox and a bunch of other personal accounts, find everything, then neatly compile everything into a 1.6GB file to download is nearly impossible in this time frame.

Unless Fish literally had a folder where he kept everyone's personal information, including his own, already neatly stored and organized, there is no way any hacker could pull this off. Not because the hack is impossible, it isn't, but finding and organizing this information takes time and effort. Not to mention patience as you'd have to be hunting for this information for sometime, and then not just hit the "go" button as soon as you have a little bit of info like his SIN or address or something.

And then wait for exactly the right moment when Phil Fish and Zoey Quinn are news items. Now of course the most likely thing that happened is they did get hacked, because other employees are saying it's legitimate. It is ultimately the hacker's responsibility for this happening- but if they did have all this personal information stored neatly and organized away...that's a massive security flaw.

If this was anyone but Phil Fish, I wouldn't be the least bit suspicious.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 22, 2014

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm friends with Phil's wife and can verify that a) this is real and b) she's getting non-stop threatening phonecalls from throwaway numbers.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Froghammer posted:

I'm friends with Phil's wife and can verify that a) this is real and b) she's getting non-stop threatening phonecalls from throwaway numbers.

I don't think b) discounts phil fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I'm trying to buy the FEZ IP from Phil Fish but he's being a real cockjew about it.

• Locked thread