Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
1. Leave multiple threatening voicemails to own wife
2. Tell internet about it
3. ???
4. Internet loves me again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

And then wait for exactly the right moment when Phil Fish and Zoey Quinn are news items. Now of course the most likely thing that happened is they did get hacked, because other employees are saying it's legitimate. It is ultimately the hacker's responsibility for this happening- but if they did have all this personal information stored neatly and organized away, that's a massive security flaw.

If this was anyone but Phil Fish, I wouldn't be the least bit suspicious.

This whole saga had been going on for a few days now, plenty of time for someone to gather all the info, and then post on the site all at once.

Fish probably did the old "Totally unhackable gmail that contained all of his passwords."

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Froghammer posted:

3. ???

I was referring to his emotional approach to life in general, not this specific instance

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Apparently the Phil fish hack was real? Well he quit twitter again, if it's real p hosed up but he's still a huge massive baby basically calling for someone to do that all week.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

This is a post

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

spidoman posted:

This whole saga had been going on for a few days now, plenty of time for someone to gather all the info, and then post on the site all at once.

Fish probably did the old "Totally unhackable gmail that contained all of his passwords."

Then why would you upload it onto their webserver where they can quickly delete it? It also was downloaded and put up in 15 seconds, which you couldn't do unless you were on the same server. And even though they don't use Cloudflare hosting, their host does provide Cloudflare's protection which means the hacker would need 2 devices of Polytron employees. Not to mention Dropbox is also pretty hard to crack into. And neither of their twitters, which twitter is alot easier to hack into than both those services, were compromised. Just the Polytron twitter which martyr's Phil Fish.

None of this makes any sense.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

DrPaper posted:

None of this makes any sense.

There's one way it does.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
jesus christ are you nerds arguing about the validity of their claims of being hacked?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Brannock posted:

There's one way it does.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

spidoman posted:

Why would he have all his employees private information on his website, dropbox, etc? That is incredibly dumb.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

spidoman posted:

Maybe, but even then Fish wasn't really a part of the saga at all. His involvement is as far as being an rear end in a top hat on Twitter, he's not one of the "Five Guys" or really connected to Zoe in other way other than being a "friend".

Also remember that while this hack is possible, it's sure as hell not easy. The server Phil used requires authentication from two sources if it's not being accessed from a non-native computer. You have to break into that AND presumably his gmail, drop box, and other computers AND compile all the information together. It's possible, but it requires considerable knowledge and patience.

Either way, we can agree that either Fish or someone in his inner circle did this, or Fish is a breathtaking idiot.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Have your company and personal information stolen?

1. Notify authorities
1a. Notify employees and other important parties.
2. Shut up about it.

1. Notify Twitter.
2. Declare you're selling the company.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Spanish Manlove posted:

jesus christ are you nerds arguing about the validity of their claims of being hacked?

we're talking about a guy who cancelled a game out of spite

do you think someone who cancels a game out of spite can't be a big enough rear end in a top hat to fake getting hacked to win an internet argument?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Whats the Five Guys thing in all this?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

lovely Wizard posted:

we're talking about a guy who cancelled a game out of spite

do you think someone who cancels a game out of spite can't be a big enough rear end in a top hat to fake getting hacked to win an internet argument?

How does cancelling a lovely game spite somebody? Why does anybody care?

Madcosby posted:

Zoe Quinn had a train run on her by five dudes at some sad LAN party and everyone gives a poo poo about it for some reason. The restaurant just has an unfortunate name stupid people have latched on to for a joke.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Madcosby posted:

imagine zoe as a gross cum-filled burger and you're about halfway there

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Madcosby posted:

she cheated by loving five dudes (that people know about)

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Madcosby posted:

Zoe Quinn sucked and cucked five journalists to get her game and game-jam coverage, as well as one guys website to give her an award for her game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Madcosby posted:

She ALLEGEDLY hosed 5 guys

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Madcosby posted:

Filippo Corridoni posted:

here are some of the paragons of masculinity who spilled their seed inside that temptress

Plus another? idk

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Over There posted:

Plus another? idk

fifth one was me :twisted:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Wade Wilson posted:

in his mind, and weirdly in the mind of a bunch of journalists, he's this generation's davinci and him refusing to work is punishing the species as a whole from experiencing the majesty of his wholly unique, revolutionary and cutting edge art

it's really sad

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Froghammer posted:

3. ???

It's something Zoe would do. Maybe it's Zoe.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Over There posted:

Plus another? idk

Then they should call it Three Men and a Little Lady

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
SSNs are whack I personally believe we should all have a QR bar codes tattooed on our inner thighs for proof of identity.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Spanish Manlove posted:

hey can you change the thread title to be more accurate to help stave off the tumbleweeds

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

she ran a train on the cast of mlp

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Wade Wilson posted:

It's like how Affleck and J. Lo broke up after Gigli.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

DrPaper posted:

fifth one was me :twisted:

my condolences

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Brannock posted:

hey can you change the thread title to be more accurate to help stave off the tumbleweeds

ok

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Can someone summarise again so I have to read even less of this. Bullet points if possible.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
also a big thing is that his game appears to be heavily influenced visually by cave story, which is why his whole insulting japanese games things was hilarious

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the really sad thing is that fishlaut do actually have access to an amazing art form that is in fact capable of deeply affecting people, but since neither have any idea how to harness interaction, half of making affective games, and are so far up their own arses that they would never consider sharing authorship with the player, which is the other half, they're like retarded children wanting to be astronauts who can't even walk

edit: and the other really sad thing is there's a group of even more retarded children following them around claiming they already are astronauts and better than any other astronaut

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Amarcarts posted:

SSNs are whack I personally believe we should all have a QR bar codes tattooed on our inner thighs for proof of identity.

*tworls hair*

Hey handsome... *shifts up next you and slight farts* I'm uh.., a game dev... Ever heard of depression quest...

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

voted 1 for not renaming thread to "Shame cram at the game jam"

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

YOU CAN'T DO THIS *flails arms, knocking over a stack of books* DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M PHIL FISH!! *screams down hallway even louder, voice cracking* I CREATED FEZ!

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Froghammer posted:

I'm friends with Phil's wife and can verify that a) this is real and b) she's getting non-stop threatening phonecalls from throwaway numbers.

well his wife is basically a rapist

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

lol good title

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

wit posted:

Can someone summarise again so I have to read even less of this. Bullet points if possible.

crazy lady cheats on boyfriend with five + dudes most of whom are games journalists

her boyfriend puts up a blog of dudes she cheated with him (this makes some sort of sense since she was engaging in unprotected sex while in a supposed to be non-open relationship so it could have been 'wrap it up'), but then adds really creepy subtext/claims that she was loving her way to success

games journalists defend the poo poo out of her because they are friends with the dudes she slept with

everyone laughs at everyone except for some legit white knights virgins and some legit e-misogynists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

lovely Wizard posted:

then adds really creepy subtext/claims that she was loving her way to success

Well to be fair everyone she did gently caress extensively covered her game and gamejam and one of them did give her an award. Not saying she fucker her way to success, but she definitely hosed with journalistic integrity a bit

also lol didnt know it was unprotected sex that rocks

• Locked thread