Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
phil fish blaming it all on video games is hilarious. Maybe you should get out of the business there, ginger fatbread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

I can't understand how can someone like phil fish be married (to an alleged human being)

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

gently caress the ROW posted:

Maybe you should get out of the business there, ginger fatbread

That's what he's doing tho

Even selling the FEZ IP

But not to me, and I have a genuine interest in buying it :(

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

cthulhoo posted:

I can't understand how can someone like phil fish be married (to an alleged human being)

he's bipolar as hell (I believe he admitted it) and in fact said in that one indie gaming documentary that if Fez didn't release he was seriously going to kill himself, which also makes him frightening unstable

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

phil fish blaming it all on video games is hilarious. Maybe you should get out of the business there, ginger fatbread

"This is all YOUR fault!"

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
http://37.media.tumblr.com/bfd95818ebd65380530eaa5a03160edf/tumblr_nal15blCpT1rdwac3o1_1280.jpg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 22, 2014

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

cthulhoo posted:

I'm friends with his wife in RL too and I cuck the poo poo out of him daily. So, uh, there is that. Guess what they have is special.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

wit posted:

Can someone summarise again so I have to read even less of this. Bullet points if possible.

Ok here's the story so far

1. Zoe Quinn is an indie game developer who's known as being one of the only female indie game developers and makes a big deal about misogyny in the industry.

2. Ex-Boyfriend posts a ton of poo poo about Zoe. In this amazing long rant he reveals some of the guys she cheated on him with whom other people recognize as important people in the industry. Such as Zoe's boss and a journalist who has covered Zoe in the past.

3. Various internet personalities call Zoe out on basically sleeping her way to the top. "sleep her way to a position draped over the bottom step" (Edit: Yeah she actually hasn't gotten to far)

4. Then things go into crazy town as we get poo poo like Total Biscuits thread on the issue getting massively censored by mods on Reddit, YouTube videos about it being taken down on bogus copyright claims, and a small gaming site covering it got doxxed. Zoe and other prominent people in the industry start a twitter poo poo storm about how this is a misogynist attack on Zoe.

5. A lot of gaming sites take the line this is just misogynist bullshit, and claim that the writer never wrote a review of Zoe's game... which is sort of true except he wrote several articles on several sites covering her and her game, albeit usually in the context of other games as well.

6. The Redditt mods and YouTube back off a bit and then the poo poo really starts rolling out. Tons of YouTube videos and other poo poo is made with guns all pointed at the Game Review industry. Twitter goes into full flame mode.

7. Then things go into full blown crazy. Zoe claims to be getting Doxx'd and that she's basically under siege from the misogynist witch hunt crusade to destroy her simply because she's a woman who wants to have sex. A guy who is largely unrelated to this except that he's a friend of Zoe and people being involved, namely Phil Fish, claims he's been hit with a massive hacker attack because he dared defend Zoe. He's now selling off his company and IP.

8. People counter that both Zoe and Fish's claims of these hacker attacks are highly suspect for numerous reasons with the consensus being either they had to be incredibly stupid, or they or people close to them had to do it themselves.

Shadoer fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 22, 2014

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"sleeping her way to the top" more accurately "sleep her way to a position draped over the bottom step"

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

"sleeping her way to the top" more accurately "sleep her way to a position draped over the bottom step"

But my JPEG power point game!!!!!

*shows off rancid rear end baby nipples*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
WWZD

Dec 26, 2012

she slept her way to the top of games. shge is now the queen of games

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Good point and fixed.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
If you are going to let men fill you with cum for success, let it be a man like Eliot Spitzer. But then you'd have to take better care of yourself, I guess.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

wait, her ABOUT profile on her Patreon says she's a hacker who likes to run hackathons

could she have hacked polytroon!?!?

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

the perfect crime

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

DrPaper posted:

wait, her ABOUT profile on her site says she's a hacker who likes to run hackathons

could she have hacked polytroon!?!?

She can't even add a volume slider for the lovely background music in depression quest...

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

spidoman posted:

It's like how Affleck and J. Lo broke up after Gigli.

Who?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

If you are going to let men fill you with cum for success, let it be a man like Eliot Spitzer. But then you'd have to take better care of yourself, I guess.

lol if you DON'T gently caress the Sess

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
How long has cucking and cissing and stuff been a thing because I feel like I've been in jumanji over here.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

concerned mom posted:

How long has cucking and cissing and stuff been a thing because I feel like I've been in jumanji over here.

cuckolding implies that the spouse agrees with it, like hit game developer anthony burch, who is in an open relationship but not getting any pussy or dick on his end

he also donated to her patron so lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I can get laid if I review games????

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Xaris posted:

When I'm with you beef city
I go out of my thread
And I just can't get enough

All the things you do to me
And everything you post
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

We slip and slide as we post in poo poo
And I just can't seem to get enough of

We post together
We're posting in a thread

Every time I think of you
I know we have to post

It's getting hotter, it's a burning love

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

And when it rains
You're shining down for me

Just like a rainbow
You know you set me free

You're like an angel and you give me your love

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
Simply put this has been some of the most delicious Internet drama I've had the pleasure of bathing in, in years. It just keeps going down more tubes of stupidity than any rational person thought possible. I think I'll go have a beer and hack away at the bar for a bit.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

oh wait, it's just a meeting about her gamejam

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Madcosby posted:

Yes, but its slim pickings out there. You can certainly get a cyber stove.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Madcosby posted:

But dude... You journalism integrity... Think about it. What would your hero, Sonic the hedgehog say about such action...

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
haha what a silly situation this is

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Thirsty-rear end thots now realizing you can make those Sarkeesians for free.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Madcosby posted:

odds are good but the goods are p odd

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Phil Phish an excellent example of why autistic people should never engage anyone other than the pizza delivery guy

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

lovely Wizard posted:

cuckolding implies that the spouse agrees with it, like hit game developer anthony burch, who is in an open relationship but not getting any pussy or dick on his end

he also donated to her patron so lol

NO! In the Neteflix Original Series ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK the british guys wife cheats on him with his best friend and when he finds out he says in the british voice "you cuck-olded me?" and he did not give consent to being cucked. It's now a cuck-all term for being cheated on

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Skyrim 5/5
Diablo 4/5

Ok now I need to go shower and eat a lot of pineapple tonight is gonna rule

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

concerned mom posted:

Phil Phish an excellent example of why autistic people should never engage anyone other than the pizza delivery guy

Dollars to donuts the reason that they didn't try to talk to his ex-business partner in Indie Game: The Movie is because Fish wouldn't participate if they did.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Madcosby posted:

Skyrim 5/5
Diablo 4/5

depression quest ?/?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

The Monkey Man posted:

Dollars to donuts the reason that they didn't try to talk to his ex-business partner in Indie Game: The Movie is because Fish wouldn't participate if they did.

What do you mean you're out of breadsticks? Moommmmmmm this is so unfair! I'm cancelling Fez 2!

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Madcosby posted:

Skyrim 5/5
Diablo 4/5

Number ratings are so played out, you should bring back letter grades

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

Number ratings are so played out, you should bring back letter grades

cu/ck

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

The most sure fire way we're going to know these hacking claims are fake is when they refuse to report it.

they're not

• Locked thread