Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

exquisite tea posted:

The difference between anybody pretending to give a poo poo about this vs. anybody pretending to give a poo poo about Ferguson is just one Salon link apart.

you got a point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm really angry people care more about this than Ferguson

If Darren Wilson's wife was being cucked by black men and that's why he shot Mike Brown, goons would be all over it.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
From the gamers.txt thread with love

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

had to dig around a little but it looks like this is where that accusation is from;

holy poo poo this goes back months and months: http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx some 4chan spinoff made a really gigantic effort thing about how deceitful the Liar Zoe Quinn is lmfao

that has to have taken hours to put together lol

the virtual is real now

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Sir Lucius posted:

It's a very fat ladder

Couldn't support the weight, everything came tumbling down.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Liquid Penguins posted:

:pusheen:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Liquid Penguins posted:

Woah sweet preview shot of depression quest 2. I hope she brings back the dragon sword, that was my favorite weapon.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao nice reddit link op

I will be repeating this post every few pages

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
theres legions of let's play lookin anime avatar twitters expressing their condolences on this, I wonder which of them post here. Not in GBS obviously, that's probably far too triggering, but some of these have to some of our very own troons or youtube superstars

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Lmao nice misogyny

I will be cucking everyone who white knights me

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
It doesn’t even matter how much of her ex’s accusations are true or not, because it’s nothing but pure misogyny to use online harassment troops to punish a woman because she didn’t meet your standards for a girlfriend.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

the war on indie developers grab your guns folks we gotta stop 4chan the doxx bombs drop in 15 minutes.

quote:

It doesn’t even matter how much of her ex’s accusations are true or not, because it’s nothing but pure misogyny to use online harassment troops to punish a woman because she didn’t meet your standards for a girlfriend.

Yeah, this is true. Zoey Quinn is a hypocritical idiot, but she didn't deserve to have their entire relationship aired online. Nobody does really.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gently caress the ROW posted:

theres legions of let's play lookin anime avatar twitters expressing their condolences on this, I wonder which of them post here. Not in GBS obviously, that's probably far too triggering, but some of these have to some of our very own troons or youtube superstars

if there are, please don't post them. Thanks.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm really angry people care more about this than Ferguson

If more indie devs were black people then this wouldn't be happening

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
why are they all using war metaphors

troops

assault

offensive

tactical strike

propaganda

systemic aggression

Dec 26, 2012

Brannock posted:

troops

assault

offensive

tactical strike

propaganda

systemic aggression

because this is the closest thing to an actual conflict any of them has had in their drab lives

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Brannock posted:

troops

assault

offensive

tactical strike

propaganda

systemic aggression

because zoe quinn is like iraq, bombed out and depleted

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Brannock posted:

had to dig around a little but it looks like this is where that accusation is from;

Note that her GameJam was the one that failed to start because controversy failed to bubble between the different genders in it, where a camera man was told to stop by the host who literally went "stop, we're not getting anything here" after the interviewed gamer gave a levelheaded response when asked about the gender composition of their team.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Spanish Manlove posted:

if there are, please don't post them. Thanks.

lol hmmmm

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

gently caress the ROW posted:

Slowbeef right now is cranking a video to tell retaupyffetjjkudt fans to please not call Zoe fat on twitter and not to have any misogyntic jokes. A peace keeper for the great video game war of 2014...

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
A line of twitter riot police in full naruto gear

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Zoe Quinn and the Five Golden Manbabies

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Brannock posted:

troops

assault

offensive

tactical strike

propaganda

systemic aggression

Because patriarchy

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

DrPaper posted:

Note that her GameJam was the one that failed to start because controversy failed to bubble between the different genders in it, where a camera man was told to stop by the host who literally went "stop, we're not getting anything here" after the interviewed gamer gave a levelheaded response when asked about the gender composition of their team.

Here's the source for this btw
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-01-game-jam-reality-show-cancelled-as-indies-wouldnt-put-up-with-its-s

eurogamer posted:

“Two of the other teams have women on them. Do you think they’re at a disadvantage?”

Silence. It was like the wind was sucked out of the room behind the barrier, but the floor was so loud, only the two all-male teams heard the question. Mark answered diplomatically that the teams actually had a huge advantage by having more viewpoints, though everyone was strong regardless because of their skill. Matti cut him off, pulled back the camera, and coughed, “Stop filming. We’re not getting a story here.”

It went on down the line. Is Zoe off her game? Are women coders a disadvantage to their groups? Point by point, the questions were shot down, until he reached Adriel’s team and asked if they were at any sort of advantage by having a pretty girl with them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

holy poo poo this goes back months and months: http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx some 4chan spinoff made a really gigantic effort thing about how deceitful the Liar Zoe Quinn is lmfao

that has to have taken hours to put together lol

the virtual is real now

It's almost like Zoe Quinn is a manipulative shitheap........rly makes u think......

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

Yeah I think this guy is being a touch unreasonable I mean just because she was an abusive piece of poo poo that's not her fault you just have lofty standards

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah, this is true. Zoey Quinn is a hypocritical idiot, but she didn't deserve to have their entire relationship aired online. Nobody does really.

I'm glad of it, because we got to read about someone convincing her boyfriend that loving your partner after cheating on them is rape, then repeatedly cheating on her boyfriend and loving him without protection within hours of cheating lmfao

why is hypocrisy so deliciously entertaining

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
live by the tweet, die by the tweet: more true than ever

Dec 26, 2012

big duck equals goose posted:

Slowbeef right now is cranking a video to tell retaupyffetjjkudt fans to please not call Zoe fat on twitter and not to have any misogyntic jokes. A peace keeper for the great video game war of 2014...

the neville chamberlain of games more like. there can be no peace except through unilateral gamer force

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

:laffo:

This truly is the cuck that just keeps giving

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

so is this chick fat or not?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

so is this chick fat or not?

maybe

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

I was just at Arby's and I saw Zoe Quinn cuckold thirty people.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Brannock posted:

troops

assault

offensive

tactical strike

propaganda

systemic aggression

I was there at 9 a.m. this morning. My god...it was...it was a slaughter, the enemy came at us from all sides. We threw everything we had at them, wrote a piece to kotaku, got into an argument on twitter, shamed them on tumblr. But they just kept coming. I don't know where they're getting reinforcements from. All I know is I gotta keep fighting. Keep fighting.

Now it's 10:46. Just got called a human being on reddit. Time to dust myself off and get back into the fight. I don't know if I'm gonna make it home but at least everyone will know I held the line, and the 40% of other things I babble on twitter.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Skunny Wundy posted:

I was just at Arby's and I saw Zoe Quinn cuckold thirty people.

well yeah, Arby's got the meat

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

I should make a pretentious text game.

\/\/ No, and she did a photo shoot a couple years ago. Just google it ya creep.

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 22, 2014

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

just cut to the chase, guys. How big are this chick's boobs?

like big enough to risk your gaming journalism career over?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Got fat from eating her own gravy train.

Poetry in Tragedy.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
now people are tweeting appreciation for game masterpiece (???) FEZ to the inactive account of @PHIL_FISH. It's just like clapping for tinkerbell, except - well actually its exactly like clapping for tinkerbell, cuz this guy is a real fairy :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
How does one become a games journalist, so far I have some loose designs written up between the puzzles on my frosties box

• Locked thread