Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Lawman 0 posted:

did this thing become any less retarded yet?

hell naw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Brannock posted:

month, dude

oh i must have misunderstood the website

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s

Black man comes into Five Guys Burgers and Fries, gives it a very good review.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jastiger posted:

I see the one with her looking over JonTron's shoulder at a game. She isn't fat, so I don't know what you mean.

the face and fingers are the last places to start getting fat. she's fat.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Lawman 0 posted:

Oh quite the opposite. Zoe, Fish, and the gaming journalism community are all on one massive crazy train that's racing towards a cliff.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Lawman 0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awc1ZJVxXhU&t=29s

we are all kaneda

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
the five guys tie in is pretty lol to me, even though I'm about to eat noodles

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s

Black man comes into Five Guys Burgers and Fries, gives it a very good review.

he's not the only one who came into Five Guys :cumpolice:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

DrPaper posted:

lol you should check a few pages back
the only way they could hack the polytron page is if they had access to phil fishes phone and laptop to get past their cloudflare protection (cloudflare is not their host, but their host offers their 2-step protection)
1.5gb was then downloaded and uploaded in 15 seconds - which is impossible to do from an external source
and then posted on their webserver, instead of spread around and mirrored
Dropbox of Zoe Quinn was also hacked, which is also not easy to do, at all
yet both their twitters were fine enough to complain about it - twitter is actually not too hard to hack
And instead of rallying to claim the epic hack, /v/ actually helped contact the FBI to look into the breach, since Phil Fish and Zoe Quinn did not

what he's saying is phil fish hacked himself and you're a dummy for believing his sob story. also he released personal information of one of his employees to facilitate this deception which is p illegal and uncool

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

DrPaper posted:

In threads about the accusations (which involved everyone going "we did WHAT?") links were posted to the FBI tip sites and stuff, basically telling people to report about it here since the FBI's internet taskforce actually gets poo poo done. So tons of people from /v/ sent in reports about it, meaning somebody is probably going to get to the bottom of it. The last it was heard, Polytron had not officially contacted the authorities of any kind, and Adam Sessler and Zoe Quinn were hanging out at a bar tweeting about being hacked, so presumably she at least hadn't at the time.

The Five Guys manifesto reads like a bad joke, and again, the site did not take credit for it gleefully like it usually does, and instead reported it to the FBI.

I saw the tips, but I totally missed that those two were in a bar somewhere unable to contact the FBI... even though their lives were being theoretically ruined.

Yeah, odds are they did it to themselves.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
What/who is Johntron

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

what he's saying is phil fish hacked himself and you're a dummy for believing his sob story. also he released personal information of one of his employees to facilitate this deception which is p illegal and uncool

lovely Wizard posted:

he's bipolar as hell (I believe he admitted it) and in fact said in that one indie gaming documentary that if Fez didn't release he was seriously going to kill himself, which also makes him frightening unstable

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

DrPaper posted:

the only way they could hack the polytron page is if they had access to phil fishes phone and laptop to get past their buttflare protection (buttflare is not their host, but their host offers their 2-step protection)
1.5gb was then downloaded and uploaded in 15 seconds - which is impossible to do from an external source
yet both their twitters were fine enough to complain about it - twitter is actually not too hard to hack
And instead of rallying to claim the epic hack, /v/ actually helped contact the FBI to look into the breach, since Phil Fish and Zoe Quinn did not

So your just repeating what the jpg which contain factually incorrect information.

Shadoer posted:

Please tell me you have a link.

Nope that guy's full of poo poo. It turns out the wife of Polytron's programmer is their producer and thought it would be a good idea to keep all their personal/financial information on a shared dropbox. It's just pure incompetence (really, what did you expect from these people). A troll offered a link to the programmer guy as to how to report the crime, and was thankful for the 'help'.

quote:

Ok. So this is real bullshit. Internet you are loving mean. And I feel awful about not being more careful with Polytron's data :(
https://twitter.com/mcbourdua/status/502736854631067648

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 22, 2014

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Madcosby posted:

What/who is Johntron

just another nerd with a youtube channel

What does our favorite nerd Francis think about all this? I need his high pitched whining

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Brannock posted:

not too much over the last time, it's $2365 right now. she's gotten 100 extra patrons though

Yeah but you actually have to produce stuff with that site. So unless she's gonna produce a text adventure of being a gross disgusting human being she won't get poo poo.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
lmfao you've got to be loving with us

she kept EVERYTHING on dropbox?!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Madcosby posted:

What/who is Johntron

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

this makes me p sad because according to the infinite parallel universes theory somewhere there exists a universe where we never saw fez and phil fish jumped off the champlain bridge and we all have to live in this one instead :(

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
why are nerds always so surprised to learn that game reviews are much closer to advertising than journalism?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Brannock posted:

once nerds figure out how to hack the post it notes on my monitor I'm hosed

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
FBI: "The hacks are coming from inside the house!"

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

why are nerds always so surprised to learn that game reviews are much closer to advertising than journalism?

they've known for years this is just a particularly blatant episode of it so it's stirring up a lot of latent unrest

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

It's not about money man it's about the games. :911:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Brannock posted:

at a guess i would say she has been enlisted to maintain the deception of the hack once they realized how flimsy their original story is, i recognize it is a bit :tinfoil: but i have trouble believing someone with the basic technical competence to create a video game, even a primitive one, would have thought for one second that what she claims to have done is a halfway decent idea.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
"Please, honey, take the blame for this and say you're an idiot. I love you. P.S. If you don't I'll kill myself."

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

drat, what if phil fish and zoe hook up during all of this?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Things I do when my personal information is stolen.

Contact my bank.
Post about it on twitter.
Talk to my online friends about it.
Talk to the relevant authorities immediately.
Take myself offline to safeguard against more personal information being stolen.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Contact my bank.
Take myself offline to safeguard against more personal information being stolen.

Gen Y.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Get cucked by Zoe

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Contact my bank.

Looks like someone hasn't been paying attention to E/N ever

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

DrPaper posted:

the only way they could hack the polytron page is if they had access to phil fishes phone and laptop to get past their cloudflare protection (cloudflare is not their host, but their host offers their 2-step protection)

cloudflare is nothing more than a caching cdn, you can find the real ip quite easily of a web server. It took me 5 seconds. a simple spf lookup reveals the following:

you'll note their mx record points to a shared webhosting server, these things are like pissing in a barrel for hackers

e:wrong domain, still stands. fixed.
e:jesus i need some coffee.. real domaint his time

flyboi fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 22, 2014

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

serious post: why is E/N still open?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

You caught me red handed.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I saw that Max Tempkin guy on a Giant Bomb video with Zoe Quinn and also Phil Fish all on the same couch, I remember Max being really creepy flirty with Zoe and it all kind of sums up all three of their recent dramas

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lawman 0 posted:

serious post: why is E/N still open?

I still don't have an answer on this

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SaltLick posted:

the face and fingers are the last places to start getting fat. she's fat.

Still kinda cute. I don't see her as fat. I disagree with your assessment

Also JonTron is funny ya'll.

Edit: Wrong information misattributed.

Jastiger fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 22, 2014

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This whole thing is a race to the bottom of a sewer drain between reddit, 4chan, tumblr, MRAs, and shady media/game devs. Unfortunately for them, nobody knows where the bottom of the sewer is while most of us point and laugh. Mostly because goons are too fat to fit in the storm drain :v

This poo poo should've been wrapped up (lol) days ago.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

flyboi posted:

cloudflare is nothing more than a caching cdn, you can find the real ip quite easily of a web server. It took me 5 seconds. a simple spf lookup reveals the following:

and you'll note that there's two AWS compute nodes in SPF running IIS7 which are their webservers.

AWS has 10gbit throughput between servers, it's not hard to pull 1.5gb in seconds from a vm if you're on AWS already.

but please, tell me more :allears:

as Tokamak said I'm just repeating that jpeg that's been circulating, idk anything about computer

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

facialimpediment posted:

This poo poo should've been wrapped up (lol) days ago.

we've got a solid weekend to go for sure, and probably another week of new poo poo being revealed if we're lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
CuckTales

• Locked thread