Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, even in-game, the female characters are all mostly the same, save a few outliers like the yordles. Attractive women age 16-26. And even characters like Elize or Syhvana are kind of 'attractive woman with random non-human features stapled on.' I mean, if Elize was a male champion, he'd probably be this weird ugly spider dude, like that dude who runs the boiler room in Spirited Away. Iunno, an old lady champion would be great. Or maybe something out there, like that character in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits who's just a shriveled up face with some twigs sticking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

my pog boyfriend posted:

The female splash art is dumb but what are you going to do? I spend most of my loading time alt-tabbed so I don't even notice it for any more than 10 seconds at most which means it doesn't really affect me at all.

A tiny old lady who uses ridiculously powerful shadow magic would be hilarious, I'm just picturing myself making some 14 year old Aatrox player really mad because he keeps getting owned by this miniscule lady with a cane and it's glorious :allears:

It would be Swain's wife, and she'd turn into a giant snake.

It'd be rad

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

It'd be rad

only if they have genderbended jafar/iago skins

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014

my pog boyfriend posted:

The female splash art is dumb but what are you going to do? I spend most of my loading time alt-tabbed so I don't even notice it for any more than 10 seconds at most which means it doesn't really affect me at all.

A tiny old lady who uses ridiculously powerful shadow magic would be hilarious, I'm just picturing myself making some 14 year old Aatrox player really mad because he keeps getting owned by this miniscule lady with a cane and it's glorious :allears:

so a female swain cross zed?

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Endorph posted:

Well, even in-game, the female characters are all mostly the same, save a few outliers like the yordles. Attractive women age 16-26. And even characters like Elize or Syhvana are kind of 'attractive woman with random non-human features stapled on.' I mean, if Elize was a male champion, he'd probably be this weird ugly spider dude, like that dude who runs the boiler room in Spirited Away. Iunno, an old lady champion would be great. Or maybe something out there, like that character in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits who's just a shriveled up face with some twigs sticking out.

Yeah, I think it's not so much the tits and rear end that bug me (hell, I love tits and rear end!) but the lack of variety in said tits and rear end. There are so many different male characters who are monsters or old men or ugly goblins but all of the female ones bar two are pretty much exactly the same. Even the spider and the plant are sexy women!
I suspect the only reason Anivia's female at all is because of the egg thing.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

It'd be rad
Swain's mother comes on the battlefield to remind the younger generation what true power is.

Laverna posted:

Yeah, I think it's not so much the tits and boobs that bug me (hell, I love tits and boobs!)
Those are the same thing

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Transient People posted:

It does have a windup already, doesn't it? It doesn't block anything as it emerges from Yasuo, it has to settled down before it becomes active.

Frustratingly, you can actually wind wall projectiles that appear *past* the animation. I've had more than a few Ezreal ults that appear to be sitting on top of Yasuo do no damage because he wind walls precisely at point of impact, so the projectile appears behind the wind wall but gets eaten up anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my pog boyfriend posted:

Swain's mother comes on the battlefield to remind the younger generation what true power is.

Those are the same thing
Look at this dumbo not knowing the difference between tits and boobs.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

my pog boyfriend posted:

Those are the same thing

Ahaha, yeah I picked up on that. I guess I just had boobs on my mind.
Far better than rear end imo.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

We also have female goblins.

I was hoping for some manner of hag champion too, or some monster with female voice.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Laverna posted:

Of all the wrong opinions ever to inhabit this series of threads, you have taken the cake :colbert:

v Singed, Jayce, Yasuo, Shen, Master Yi, Shaco, Vlad, Xin v

TERRIBLE SHITLORD fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 22, 2014

fnox
May 19, 2013

I didn't realize but the only human male character that isn't ripped as gently caress is Ezreal. I suppose champions like Twisted Fate, Draven and Lucian (I guess Talon and Varus also count?) have a more realistic muscle tone, but then you have Braum, Darius, Garen, Jarvan, Olaf, Tryndamere, Pantheon, Graves and Lee Sin who have more comic book like proportions, huge biceps and pecs and also look like they're 7 feet tall, and tend to appear shirtless too.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Laverna posted:

The Miss Marple of the battlefield.

They should straight up steal Kreia, make her Master Yi's mom, it's perfect.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well to be fair all those champions (except Graves) are melee bruisers so it makes sense from a visual design perspective for them to be these huge intimidating musclemen.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Are there any good resources for Dominion? I feel like I lose most every game to the teammate lottery, but I really need something to help with decisions and strategy for this map.

Honestly not really, the only reasonably good text guide I know of is a few months out of date (old enough to talk about Revive being a good summoner spell, when it's now a trinket).

You should look up Dominate Dominion on YouTube though, they have unofficial high level tournaments for people who basically only play Crystal Scar, and it's the closet you'll get to ranked/pro Dominion play. It's really a shame the mode doesn't see more love, but that's about the best you'll get I'm afraid.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Don't forget Swain, Zilean, Viktor and Urgot!

Shaco's more like a demon than an actual human so I don't think he counts.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh, if we're talking art updates I really wish they'd redo Gangplank's splash again. He doesn't look one bit threatening, he just looks doughy and goofy. His skins all look appropriately Super Pirate Is Gonna gently caress You Up, but his base just looks incredibly unintimidating.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I make fun of it but the tna in league is why I'll never show a game like league to girls who ask about games I play, unless they are already interested/aware of mmos ect. Its pretty creepy.

And yes, its happened, I showed them bf3

E: my mum wanted to use a character from league as inspiration for a mascot she was designing. I regret telling her to google MF to find out why that would be a bad idea, apparently she saw "some poo poo".

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 22, 2014

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i've introduced girls to lol and we'd just laugh at the art/design together. most really dont give a gently caress as long as you arent defending them ime.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I wanna say Lissandra is the closest thing they have to a witch archetype and she's a bazillion years old. She's probably one of my favorite female champs and kind of has the monstrous look too with her proportions being really freaky and unnatural. And the B52 helmet. And the fact female commander Shepard voices her and Jennifer Hale owns

I swore Shaco's just a guy though. I think in the straight jacket skin part of his mask is cracked and you can see some sorta human skintone underneath.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

seizure later posted:

Frustratingly, you can actually wind wall projectiles that appear *past* the animation. I've had more than a few Ezreal ults that appear to be sitting on top of Yasuo do no damage because he wind walls precisely at point of impact, so the projectile appears behind the wind wall but gets eaten up anyway.

It could be that Wind Wall is overly enthusiastic, but it could also easily be issues with latency. I've got like ~120 most of the time, and a projectile can go a long way in 1/8th of a second - the wind wall can easily have already been out when the projectile launched, you just didn't see it.

Laverna posted:

Ahaha, yeah I picked up on that. I guess I just had boobs on my mind.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I make fun of it but the tna in league is why I'll never show a game like league to girls who ask about games I play, unless they are already interested/aware of mmos ect. Its pretty creepy.

And yes, its happened, I showed them bf3

E: my mum wanted to use a character from league as inspiration for a mascot she was designing. I regret telling her to google MF, apparently she saw "some poo poo".

Iunno, I'm not gonna be like "hey watch me play a video game" but also I have no shame admitting I play League. It's the XXXX (maybe Bud Light for you Americans or something) of games. Sure, it's lovely and cheap and anyone with any loving taste wouldn't touch it, but enough people drink it that there's no real shame in doing so, even if there probably should be.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
They could probably just gather up the best fan art from around the internet and have the community vote on the top 5 picked for each champ and have the whole roster (minus the newer champs) done within the month. Of course that would only be possible if the artists didn't demand royalties in lieu of their work being featured in one of the world's biggest games, which would never happen.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Lissandra is a monster ice lady and even she has perfectly defined cleavage in every one of her skins, its inescapable. Even the most monstrous of any of the female champs has to be sexualized in some fashion.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Watch Yasuo's wind wall very close. It emerges straight from the center of his model and travels outward to where you usually think of it being. And then it continues to slowly drift forward.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Methanar posted:

Watch Yasuo's wind wall very close. It emerges straight from the center of his model and travels outward to where you usually think of it being. And then it continues to slowly drift forward.

hahahaha i just realized that sometimes due to lag Yasuo's wind wall takes out projectiles you shot like a full second ago, seriously man move to California and go pro.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brannock posted:

Oh, if we're talking art updates I really wish they'd redo Gangplank's splash again. He doesn't look one bit threatening, he just looks doughy and goofy. His skins all look appropriately Super Pirate Is Gonna gently caress You Up, but his base just looks incredibly unintimidating.

Never forget.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

Gangplank is an incredibly goofy character in general, though? His main unique thing is eating oranges with an absurd slurping noise and he talks like he's from Spongebob or something.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

chumbler posted:

Never forget.

Is there a parrot stuffed down the front of your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Jerkface posted:

Lissandra is a monster ice lady and even she has perfectly defined cleavage in every one of her skins, its inescapable. Even the most monstrous of any of the female champs has to be sexualized in some fashion.

On the other side of the coin you've got Varus wearing nothing but tar over his balls and ripplin dudes everyone likes sexy crap and playing out fantasies and god drat it this vein of conversation sucks

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

theflyingorc posted:

hahahaha i just realized that sometimes due to lag Yasuo's wind wall takes out projectiles you shot like a full second ago, seriously man move to California and go pro.

I move in a week :3:

fnox
May 19, 2013

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Of all the wrong opinions ever to inhabit this series of threads, you have taken the cake :colbert:

Shaco's not human, and the rest are actually ripped lol look at their skins. Jayce, Xin Zhao and Yi look the most normal out of all of them because they're clad in full body armor (I believe Yi is about as ripped as Yasuo is), but Yasuo, Shen, Vlad (Look at Bloodlord) are actually fairly muscular. Singed also has a ripped as gently caress skin that makes him look like Bane, but he generally fits the same niche as Urgot in that they're too hosed up and scarred to resemble anything normally human anyway.

I also forgot to add Udyr to the ripped as poo poo list. Hell if we start counting people who are no longer all that human but were human according to the lore you can also add Sion, Mundo, Brand and Kassadin to the ripped as poo poo list.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Servaetes posted:

On the other side of the coin you've got Varus wearing nothing but tar over his balls and ripplin dudes everyone likes sexy crap and playing out fantasies and god drat it this vein of conversation sucks
yeah sexy isn't bad but it'd be nice to get more female champions who aren't sexy. variety is good.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

a medical mystery posted:

i've introduced girls to lol and we'd just laugh at the art/design together. most really dont give a gently caress as long as you arent defending them ime.

yeah, most women I've met who are into games either really don't care about the sexy crap in League or just outright love it. I know a girl who owns only female champions and plays the poo poo out of Miss Fortune and Zyra. Most normal, well-adjusted people are a lot more easygoing about this stuff than you'd expect if your only exposure was to Internet scolds. The current 18-22 cohort are all super into video games and anime and traditionally nerdy stuff, it's gone almost full mainstream at this point really.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Bloodlord Vlad is like specifically the musclebeast Vlad skin though? I mean that's the whole point of it, other than to make the badass vampire even more badass.

fnox posted:

ripped
ripped
ripped as gently caress
ripped as poo poo
ripped as poo poo

http://thesaurus.com/

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Brannock posted:

Most normal, well-adjusted people are a lot more easygoing about this stuff than you'd expect if your only exposure was to Internet scolds. The current 18-22 cohort are all super into video games and anime and traditionally nerdy stuff, it's gone almost full mainstream at this point really.

Holy poo poo this was a good post on your behalf, dude. After Tonetta you can lay me down by the fire

Also, ahem, vlad is a hemomancer, not a vampire *snort*

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Endorph posted:

Unfortunately the character in the picture transforms into a sexualized character later in the game, so I'm not sure if she's the best example of breaking the mold.

But yeah, League is definitely missing a murderous miss marple character. They really should make one, I don't think anyone would argue against more variety for characters.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Brannock posted:

Bloodlord Vlad is like specifically the musclebeast Vlad skin though? I mean that's the whole point of it, other than to make the badass vampire even more badass.

Well lets say that Vlad isn't that well built. It still doesn't change the fact that most male characters, bar Ezreal, don't resemble normal human physiques anyway.

But what I'm trying to actually say is unrealistic female bodies in LoL isn't what could drive girls to not play the game, same way that unrealistic, herculean male bodies don't scare male players into not playing the game. People love to make a big fuzz over poo poo that doesn't really matter.

If all what drives female players away from the game is how they're treated by other players. "Girls can't play good", "Girls only play support", poo poo like that, where poo poo like Team Siren pretty much sealed the fate of any girl trying to get in the pro scene as they made their gender a gimmick, detracting from the fact that there's really no reason for there not to be female pro players.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
In my experience the Girls Are Healers is actually pretty true. If it's not an outright sausage fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the accepted vernacular is 'slab of beef'

• Locked thread