Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone who says Fish/all coders/developers are all really security-savvy, is definitely wrong. Some developers have 'hello1' as passwords or whatever. Lots of computer professionals do dumb poo poo on the internet the whole time. The only time someone is probably-ish-guaranteed to be taking all the necessary precautions if he's a security expert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck GOOSE

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

who cares gamers are poo poo

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Shadoer posted:

Also there's the point that unlike a lot of non-tech savy companies, Phil Fish runs a game development company. He and his employees have intimate knowledge of coding, how computers work, and why you should never leave that poo poo on a webserver or drop box. This makes the odds of them doing something this stupid incredibly unlikely.
Mmm yes people who can program in c# are obviously highly intelligent people with a vast knowledge in computer security and best practices in all things computer related.

Ghost of Eazy E
Feb 4, 2013

WANTED: BREAD OR ALIVE

Who loving cares.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Dumb people are basically constantly doxxing themselves, this is very hard to believe the "lead mod" of 4chan video game forum actually hacked this guy

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

redreader posted:

Anyone who says Fish/all coders/developers are all really security-savvy, is definitely wrong. Some developers have 'hello1' as passwords or whatever. Lots of computer professionals do dumb poo poo on the internet the whole time. The only time someone is probably-ish-guaranteed to be taking all the necessary precautions if he's a security expert.

Really? Like I'm not expecting tons of encryption and stuff, but anyone who's taken Comp 101 should know poo poo like making your password "pa$$w0rd" is a terrible idea. They should also know not to make a file called "HackerPleaseDestroyMyCompany.zip" and place it on Dropbox.

Cyks posted:

Mmm yes people who can program in c# are obviously highly intelligent people with a vast knowledge in computer security and best practices in all things computer related.

It's not being highly intelligent or knowing lots about computer security. This is along the lines of "hey maybe I should lock my door and not keep my secret spare key hidden under the welcome mat" level knowledge.

Valk
Aug 12, 2011

PhantomBowie tapped this @$$

Shadoer posted:

Really? Like I'm not expecting tons of encryption and stuff, but anyone who's taken Comp 101 should know poo poo like making your password "pa$$w0rd" is a terrible idea. They should also know not to make a file called "HackerPleaseDestroyMyCompany.zip" and place it on Dropbox.

lmbo @ phil fish false flag

alliteration.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Ghost of Eazy E posted:

Who loving cares.

aw man that is so rude

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Nonsense posted:

lol did somebody seriously say the word ethical violations itt?

thats 2 words dummy

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Liberal coding sluts shoud be fed a MSDN subscription and the back of your power gloved hand

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Philippe "Phil Fish" Poisson

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol 'intimate knowledge of computers'

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Nonsense posted:

lol 'intimate knowledge of computers'

Well if you don't cuck computers I don't know what to say even

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I do love how everything is politicized now, you no longer have to wonder if somethings going to be bad or good, if its political, you know its already bad

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

"the gaming community"

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Johanns Molemann posted:

"the gaming community"

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Johanns Molemann posted:

"the gaming community"

:laffo:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress the ROW posted:

I do love how everything is politicized now, you no longer have to wonder if somethings going to be bad or good, if its political, you know its already bad

The personal is political

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Valk posted:

lmbo in every picture not self taken at a myspace angle with good lighting she looks like a slobbering hamplanet.

Lol Sloberring Hamplanet. I dunno, I just don't see it.

#notallgamers

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

wit posted:

Where is this diagnosis coming from?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6130441#post6130441

Phil Fish posted:

ive been bi-polar all my life.
altho i dont KNOW, i dont think the guy could have actually pull the trigger on anybody.
it takes a special kind of person to do that.
but it really just takes a poor little depressed dude to SAY things like that.

it was hella stupid on his part to say things like that, especially using the VA killings to add a bit more shock value to the whole thing. if the guy said things like that, then the guy was obviously in a hell of a low.

i know how these go. things seem absolutely hopeless...you get "despair attacks" where maybe for the span of one nights, things looks like theyll never get better. you say things. you do things. you regret them. i pitty the poor ****er that he got mixed up with this VA mess. it wasnt alright of him to pull that poo poo, and i cant blame the girl for being freaked out and calling the cops. but oh boy, what bad timing.

also, most of you are all ****ing jerks.
imagine being a pudgy jewish kid with googley eyes and what seems like somekind of mild mental illness... imagine being ridiculed on the internet because you dared put together an earnest little review show. it has to SUCK to be this guy. suck HARD.

one of the bigger challenges of being bi-polar is damage control. or atleast trying not to say and do those things you KNOW you shouldnt do. but sometimes you cant help yourself, you **** up hardcore and you get in that kind of trouble.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

#notallgamers

#Quinn2014

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If the personal really was political to online activists, none of them would be that fat.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

The_Cack posted:

hahaha yeah of course it doesn't matter that she raped her boyfriend by her own standards what matters is that this delicate flower stop being harassed by those misogynist online trolls

It was probably whipped together in 30 minutes to fit the Internet liberal social issues clickbait quota for the day.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
so are there any guys in the indie game scene who are good looking

and i don't mean "hipstery tattoo-and-ear-gauge" good looking, or weedy little daniel radcliffe lookalikes, i mean properly handsome guys who take care of themselves

because everyone of both genders in all the pics in this 60+ page thread have been deeply, deeply unattractive and it's freaking me out

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Felipe "Phil Fish" Pescado

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The_Cack posted:

hahaha yeah of course it doesn't matter that she raped her boyfriend by her own standards what matters is that this delicate flower stop being harassed by those misogynist online trolls

she's made a poo poo load of cash dude, money talks and it says 'she's right not u'

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Jastiger posted:

#notallgamers

#Quinn2014

It's not their usual garbage or censoring, its Phil Fish directly saying he's bipolar and poo poo about being bipolar.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

quote:

imagine being a pudgy jewish kid with googley eyes and what seems like somekind of mild mental illness... imagine being ridiculed on the internet

Haha

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

No thigh gap, wouldnt.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Orgophlax posted:

who cares gamers are poo poo

agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXWiG2B4zk

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Filipp "Phil Fish" Ryba

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I saw a movie where Rayne Wilson was raped by Ellen Page.

That's it really.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

ugggggghhhhhhhhhh

"When I'm in game" he sounds like Buster Bluth

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Ban this sick filth.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

from gamers.txt posted:

That's what all these people who are eating up these stories (That have no credible evidence whatsoever) are claiming, it's just concern trolling

But then you have to remember depression quest was free and his no reviews at ALL

Anyone who thinks it's anything other than "We hate zoe quinn because girl" is really loving dumb

Hrmmmm

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Clipperton posted:

and i don't mean "hipstery tattoo-and-ear-gauge" good looking, or weedy little daniel radcliffe lookalikes, i mean properly handsome guys who take care of themselves

because everyone of both genders in all the pics in this 60+ page thread have been deeply, deeply unattractive and it's freaking me out

Also, every dude has an awful looking gut, even the skinny ones. Like Jesus bro lift a weight.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Filippos "Phil Fish" Psária

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Clipperton posted:

Sean Murray?

I have low standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

1st AD posted:

Like Jesus bro lift a weight.

Too busy dismantling patriarchy via ironic indie platformers.

• Locked thread