Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It didn't have any contributions from Araki, right?

I think he drew the art but I don't know if he had input in the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's amazing how well Purple Haze Feedback manages to catch a lot of the charm of a Jojo fight into prose. I also dig the discussions about how the character's psychology determine the nature of their stands.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Aurain posted:

JoJolion is on hiatus next month, supposedly. :(

You have no idea what kind of horrible noise I just made.

No. Idea.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
One month without any Jojo, drat.

Edit: well that's new.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Araki tortures us like this because he knows he will outlive us all.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So I just finished part six and man, it felt all over the place In a good way those last few chapters.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Jojolion is getting delayed? I feel like something shocking is going to happen when it comes back. Maybe it's approaching a topic Araki doesn't know a lot about.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Supersonic Shine posted:

Jojolion is getting delayed? I feel like something shocking is going to happen when it comes back. Maybe it's approaching a topic Araki doesn't know a lot about.

Yes. Bugfights.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Supersonic Shine posted:

... a topic Araki doesn't know a lot about.

like dogs?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Yes. Bugfights.

I'm going to guess that the bug fight is going to be insanely detailed because he did nothing but set up bugfights for the whole month.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Jojolion this month is already out, I took a look at the (uncleaned, untranslated) scan last night. Bugfights are esports as heck. Chapter 36 will be in the November issue of Ultra Jump, which is out in October.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

LvK posted:

like dogs?

Psh if it's dogs araki knows exactly what to do.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
nnnnnnnoooOOOOOooo!! :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I like that Gappy pulled a star sticker out of nowhere to give his beetle the Joestar birthmark and fighting spirit. Since the stag battle is already over, it looks like stand battle is just about to start.

Edit: Rad stag battle preview

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 20, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

What's with all the pointy ears in part 6? Is the SPW Foundation literally run by elves?

edit:

Anasui is so great. And pretty. :allears:

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 21, 2014

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
a lot of the art in part 6 looks like poo poo between the elf people, lots of poorly drawn background characters and lots of white space instead of complete rooms

I guess he just got burned out after putting so much effort into the backgrounds in 4/5, or maybe because he wasn't drawing his home town/itally he just wasn't inspired enough

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

darealkooky posted:

a lot of the art in part 6 looks like poo poo between the elf people, lots of poorly drawn background characters and lots of white space instead of complete rooms

I guess he just got burned out after putting so much effort into the backgrounds in 4/5, or maybe because he wasn't drawing his home town/itally he just wasn't inspired enough

Actually there's a lot more detail on most characters so I'd wager that's it, instead

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

What's with all the pointy ears in part 6? Is the SPW Foundation literally run by elves?

edit:

Anasui is so great. And pretty. :allears:

That's a weird way of saying creepy and a convicted murderer.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Jolyne shoulda friendzoned him then rode off with Hermes on a motorcycle to join a lesbian biker gang.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pomp posted:

Jolyne shoulda friendzoned him then rode off with Hermes on a motorcycle to join a lesbian biker gang.

To be honest, that's not too far off from what happens in Stone Ocean. :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
RIP Robin Williams :(

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/21.html

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They absolutely nailed Hail 2 U! but YES I AM is next episode!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quakster posted:

Get Hype. Skip the intro, though. It technically has a spoiler for this two-parter.

That was posted in the anime thread, what's the spoiler?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

That was posted in the anime thread, what's the spoiler?

The spoiler is that Abdul isn't dead.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The spoiler is that Abdul isn't dead.

Yeah I know, but how is it spoiled in the intro?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh. In that case, I have no idea.

Also, really sad the preview didn't end with "Yes, I am" or "Hell2U".

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, really sad the preview didn't end with "Yes, I am" or "Hell2U".

Not really, I want to hear it in the episode proper.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The preview had everything it needed in the last two voice clips.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I suppose it's as good as time as any to post this, even if I remember it being posted before: Tokyo Polnareff Land!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fereydun posted:

drat, the whole crew is so racist!

Just 'cuz a dude has the same hair and skin color doesn't mean they're the same person! The hair color is totally different too!

I really hope this guy doesn't know what's going to happen next episode. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Not really, I want to hear it in the episode proper.

Yeah, you don't blow the best bit in the preview but the tch tch tch is all you need to get people who know what is coming hyped as all hell.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I really hope this guy doesn't know what's going to happen next episode. :allears:

He does.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Can't wait to see the newbies' reactions to Abdul's return next ep. And then when he dies for real.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The animation in this episode was pretty great, they really nailed the Hail 2 U!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Can't wait to see the newbies' reactions to Abdul's return next ep. And then when he dies for real.

"Man, another reason this new series really pales in comparison to season 1, at least Araki wasn't scared of killing characters back then. What a cop out".

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

StalkofWheat posted:

That's a weird way of saying creepy and a convicted murderer.
A pretty, creepy, convicted murderer.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 23, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Butt Ghost posted:

A pretty creepy, convicted murderer.

Yeah, he's pretty creepy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Even assuming they don't complain about Avdol not being dead (which, admittedly, would be pretty silly considering that no other characters died that early in previous parts with the exception of minor characters), I'm sure there will be some dissatisfaction about the villains' effectiveness.

I mean, before Vanilla Ice, the most successful villains are Hol Horse and N'Dour, who have the honor of inflicting relatively minor wounds on two of the main characters and getting them to leave the party for a short while to recuperate.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 22, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Everything will be redeemed when Jotaro vs DIO happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jotaro vs DIO will be fantastic.

Though, for some reason, I'm pretty sad Avdol has no second encounter with DIO. That seems like it'd have been the perfect place for him to die. Standing his ground against the guy he retreated from originally.

• Locked thread