Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I like how they went out of their way not to mention that Roman is related to the Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Seeing CZW footage on WWE Network is blowing my mind.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
It's so hilarious that the Red Rooster had issues with Seth Rollins and his wrestling

Terry Taylor, former head of talent relations of TNA, knows what's up about talent

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This doc has more build for Orton/Reigns than any Raw or Smackdown did.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Why didn't Paul say that the only thing that could stop Roman getting to the top was Brock Lesnar? :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For some reason it refused to move on from the section with Heyman talking about Roman no matter how often I reloaded it - that's the first time I've encountered that type of problem with the network.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Wacky

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I watched Gabe Sapolsky talk poo poo about Cary Silken and promote EVOLVE on the WWE Network before they uploaded a single episode of Nitro

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
The Shield are wonderful and while I wish they could have stayed together forever I'm glad that they're all great and they're all doing well and they all get a cool documentary out of it

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

ramblin god drat wreck y'all :awesomelon:

Not going to even pretend that having watched him play football when I was an undergrad in the GT student section isn't like 75% of why I am a giant Roman Reigns mark.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Mukaikubo posted:

ramblin god drat wreck y'all :awesomelon:

Not going to even pretend that having watched him play football when I was an undergrad in the GT student section isn't like 75% of why I am a giant Roman Reigns mark.

I bet watching Reggie Ball play football was less fun.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I bet watching Reggie Ball play football was less fun.

trigger warning :suicide:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Uhhh NXT is airing right now.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Could we see... the return of Mad Ox?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
When Paul gave the whole explanation about the Roman/ Orton match, all that I could think is why don't they just let Heyman write WWE. that one paragraph he spoke made me more interested in that match than literally a month worth of build on Raw.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The_Rob posted:

When Paul gave the whole explanation about the Roman/ Orton match, all that I could think is why don't they just let Heyman write WWE. that one paragraph he spoke made me more interested in that match than literally a month worth of build on Raw.

Because he would be good at it, and has "differences" with the Vince/HHH/Steph creative team. He likes just being able to walk out, and talk for two days a week and then be on his merry way.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
If Paul Heyman was on the writing team, he would have been gone already. Paul's role now is the best one for him if you like Paul because he'll actually be around for a length of time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The_Rob posted:

They did let him write WWE, at the start of the brand split he was in charge of Smackdown, which started getting and maintaining higher ratings than RAW in an incredibly short amount of time even though it had a lovely timeslot.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Thursday night prime time is not and was not a bad timeslot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jackie D posted:

Thursday night prime time is not and was not a bad timeslot

I think it was a bad timeslot insomuch as it was still competing against some very high quality sitcoms and reality shows? I don't know, Heyman spoke about it in an interview with...I think Jericho? I don't know how much crossover there was in demographics but it certainly seemed impressive to me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it was a bad timeslot insomuch as it was still competing against some very high quality sitcoms and reality shows? I don't know, Heyman spoke about it in an interview with...I think Jericho? I don't know how much crossover there was in demographics but it certainly seemed impressive to me.

I agree with this 10 years ago when they moved time slots. NBC alone with My Name Is Earl, The Office, 30 Rock and Scrubs was enough to keep me tuned in for 2 hours.

Now Thursday nights are horrible...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Network TV in general is horrible now but yeah, I was specifically talking about when Heyman was pulling off ridiculous ratings as the lead writer of Smackdown.

I think Survivor was still super hot and on thursdays back then as well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Watching this first Monday Night Wars episode, I know it's a WWE production and very much a "written by the winners" thing, but it's still pretty great viewing so far.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jerusalem posted:

Watching this first Monday Night Wars episode, I know it's a WWE production and very much a "written by the winners" thing, but it's still pretty great viewing so far.

I thought it was pretty good. I kind of wish thought they covered the period between Turner buying JCP and Bischof taking control of it.

Mannie Fresh
Jul 2, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

I thought it was pretty good. I kind of wish thought they covered the period between Turner buying JCP and Bischof taking control of it.

There's only so many things you can say about Bill Watts being awful at everything, but I would absolutely watch 2 hours of "Trashing WCW era Bill Watts" hosted by Paul Heyman.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Watching the top 50 finishers dvd thing. On the one hand, Regal putting over how each move was deadly is great. On the other, Matt striker tries to do the same.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Raw said there'd be 100 hours of nitro up today right? I can't find it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eat My Fuc posted:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

next week

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Wooord that's cool. They shill the network so much my brain turns off during those segments I guess.
I wonder which episodes will go up, pretty exciting either way. the WCW undercard had some of the best matches of all time.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I guess the new episode of Monday Night War will air at 4PM EDT. I'll be watching.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

I guess the new episode of Monday Night War will air at 4PM EDT. I'll be watching.

Same. looks like we're getting The Outsiders -> Bash at the beach '96 this episode

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mantaur sighting!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Aww! were not going to talk about how Hogan's face run in WCW would put John Cena to shame?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Hall offered 1.2mil for 120 days of work? drat, must have been nice making 10k a night.

E: Aww, they cut out 'look at the adjective'

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 26, 2014

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was pretty surprised when the narrator said that Vince McMahon creations weren't getting over in reference to a majority of the new generation era.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Spikeguy posted:

I was pretty surprised when the narrator said that Vince McMahon creations weren't getting over in reference to a majority of the new generation era.

It's long been known that was when their business was at its worst so they don't mind crapping on it. Vince isn't as strict at hiding his failures as it's made out to be.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Pastamania running through my brain, brother!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll never get over the story of WCW giving Scott and Kevin bigger contracts for more money because they thought they were going to play Fake Razor and Fake Diesel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This Monday Night War has the several stages of Daniel Bryan thing. Still funny.

• Locked thread