Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
It's some stupid twitter crew called the lizardgroup or some poo poo. Just script kiddies overloading servers. Whatev, go outside and gently caress a girl or a man get off bideo games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://twitter.com/LizardSquad

mliecah
Apr 17, 2011

bonerchamp

Nitr0 posted:

It's some stupid twitter crew called the lizardgroup or some poo poo. Just script kiddies overloading servers. Whatev, go outside and gently caress a girl or a man get off bideo games.

or do goonmans!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

So is renting a botnet what the kids 2 cool 4 school are doing these days? Do they realize that no one's been impressed with DDoS attacks... ever?

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

This twitter feed is really bad and awful.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Xenaero posted:

You can schedule lessons with me at the low cost of a Covert skin per day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFV6X9WYGqI

Wow. That poor bastard...

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
Anyone ever make a bet on CSGOLounge, win it, but receive no winnings? I understand how this could happen if you bet like 10 cents on a team that's a 90% favorite or something, but I bet ~$1.80 on C9 at 85% and got nothing in return. Why the hell would anyone ever bet on a big favorite if you can end up winning and only getting your original items back??

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Perhaps don't bet on such obvious favourites.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

real dilemma posted:

Anyone ever make a bet on CSGOLounge, win it, but receive no winnings? I understand how this could happen if you bet like 10 cents on a team that's a 90% favorite or something, but I bet ~$1.80 on C9 at 85% and got nothing in return. Why the hell would anyone ever bet on a big favorite if you can end up winning and only getting your original items back??

How much was your bet worth at 85%?

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

I've never personally bet on CSGO, but if it works anyway like the way it works in IRL, betting on such a favourite will likely result in the house rake eating up any profit you make. The real winning come from betting on more marginal favourites or straight up underdogs.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

PIGEOTO posted:

I've never personally bet on CSGO, but if it works anyway like the way it works in IRL, betting on such a favourite will likely result in the house rake eating up any profit you make. The real winning come from being on more marginal favourites or straight up underdogs.

I know that on CSGOLounge if your winnins are like under 0.20c or so you might not get them.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

How much was your bet worth at 85%?

It was listed as ".05-.18 to 1," which even at the lowest end of the range still should have been worth around 10 cents.

PIGEOTO posted:

Perhaps don't bet on such obvious favourites.

I typically don't, and won't in the future now that I know this can happen. The only reason I did it in this case was because I thought there was a 0 percent chance that A51 could beat C9 on inferno, especially without moe. It's not really a big deal it just seems extra stupid now to bet on favorites.

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

real dilemma posted:

The only reason I did it in this case was because I thought there was a 0 percent chance that A51 could beat C9 on inferno, especially without moe. .

If I can give you just one piece of advice for the future, it would be not to bet real money again.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

PIGEOTO posted:

If I can give you just one piece of advice for the future, it would be not to bet real money again.

Thanks for the unsolicited rear end in a top hat reply. Perhaps you might consider shutting up unless you'd like to contribute a more detailed analysis on why you believe that .18:1 was a poor betting line on specifically Cloud9 vs. Area51 on de_inferno. Thanks.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

real dilemma posted:

Thanks for the unsolicited rear end in a top hat reply. Perhaps you might consider shutting up unless you'd like to contribute a more detailed analysis on why you believe that .18:1 was a poor betting line on specifically Cloud9 vs. Area51 on de_inferno. Thanks.

Holy poo poo dude, it was $1.80. Go out and flip burgers for 10 minutes.

Or you could contact them. I DUNNO THOUGH!

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

real dilemma posted:

Hahahah jesus

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
You bet 1.80 at .05 per 1$ odds. I told you that sometimes if you're under .20 winnings, you don't get your winnings and instead you only get back the skins you bet.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

CSGO IS NOW A REAL SPORT! :csgo:

It is most likely a hoax. :ssh:

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

real dilemma posted:

No seriously, stop gambling on video games, you're clearly not emotionally mature enough to enjoy the hobby responsibly. That goes for everyone by the way.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'll paypal you $1.8 if you stop posting about it in this thread.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

You bet 1.80 at .05 per 1$ odds. I told you that sometimes if you're under .20 winnings, you don't get your winnings and instead you only get back the skins you bet.

Yeah your answer was reasonable and that's all I was asking; I don't care about the steamcents I just wanted to know if it was a mistake. I just wanted to call that other dude out for being a dick for no reason.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

real dilemma posted:

I just wanted to call that other dude out for being a dick for no reason.

It's not no reason, you said something really loving stupid. Welcome to Something Awful. The CS:GO thread is not your safe space.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
This thread has been a real treat today, guys. Thanks :allears:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
pengy did that guy message you for his free knife yet?

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Shazam, like moe, is a dumb poo poo so I wouldn't be surprised if it's true

Well I wouldn't be either way but

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
McVey this brand new QCK+ is half as smooth and 1/4 as thick as my 4yr old dirty rear end beat up Puretrak Talent

you fukjen rascal !!!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Two simple steps to betting on CS:GO

1) Always bet on the underdog
2) Why the gently caress didn't you bet on the underdog?
2a) gently caress

Edit: I bought a steelseries mat and it was top notch except it's like 5'x5' so I had to cut it back a bit.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

McVey this brand new QCK+ is half as smooth and 1/4 as thick as my 4yr old dirty rear end beat up Puretrak Talent

you fukjen rascal !!!
Astroglide those mouse skates duder

I've used QCKs for probably the last 3-5 years so maybe I'm used to it.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

mcvey posted:

Astroglide those mouse skates duder

The company hasn't released any for this model yet :qq:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

quote:

David Sjöström 1 hour ago

Lost over 95% of all my skins on that match
People are loving morons. Funniest thing I've read.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I thought Daily Dot wasn't a satiric online publication.

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

real dilemma posted:

Yeah your answer was reasonable and that's all I was asking; I don't care about the steamcents I just wanted to know if it was a mistake. I just wanted to call that other dude out for being a dick for no reason.

Hahaha. You said you bet on an obvious favourite without knowing the house rules, and then claimed a 0% win chance on the underdog. There are literal people IRL that make money off compulsive gamblers who think this exact way. Goddamn.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I tried to add the zeus into my buy script but it won't work. I want to put it on the numpad period button, and I put it in my script like this.
code:
bind kp_del "buy taser"
Is it not working because of the CSGO anniversary thing, or something else?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It used to work, been broken for a while now.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Welp CS is hosed for today. Just got booted out of mm.

Tried a traceroute from cogent

traceroute to 192.69.97.159 (192.69.97.159), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 vl3.mag01.sea01.atlas.cogentco.com (66.250.250.57) 0.370 ms 0.377 ms
2 te0-0-0-5.ccr21.sea01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.1.145) 0.703 ms 0.700 ms
3 be2083.ccr21.sea02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.0.250) 0.761 ms 0.729 ms
4 level3.sea02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.12.14) 0.390 ms 0.397 ms
5 4.68.105.13 (4.68.105.13) 0.560 ms ae-2-52.edge2.Seattle3.Level3.net (4.69.147.171) 0.635 ms
6 VALVE-CORPO.edge2.Seattle3.Level3.net (4.53.159.214) 107.119 ms 107.088 ms

went to level 3 and tried a traceroute from there and it can't even see that router so I guess the edge is hosed or something.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

all the servers are poo poo tonight and last night so i wouldn't worry about it

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Can we goonman without a problem or is that on the same servers?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

you have to say Taser with a capitol t for it to work

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
ive got to admit something, im not very good at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

ive got to admit something, im not very good at this game.

No one in this thread is. We're all just varying levels of terrible.

• Locked thread