Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
it's like hipster bingo.

edit: I actually like pabst but I'm a blue collar man. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

big duck equals goose posted:

no these guys seem pretty cool

it was nice of them to invite that old jewish woman with the loud shirt to talk about video games with them.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
lol that these dweebs created a community of fat white lardos and then constantly self flagellate for not having enough women and minorities

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

It's pretty funny that the forum of adult virgins in this story come out looking like the most level headed people involved

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
how many colored people do I have on my steam friends... wait I mean Persons of Color

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Afro guy made legit game samurai gunn which is p. cool.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
reminder

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

no one, no one on this planet would care if the person who did this was a dude.

literally no one.

only trashdicks care about this crap

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

gently caress the ROW posted:

how many colored people do I have on my steam friends... wait I mean Persons of Color

the proper term is ethnically challenged

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Skunny Wundy posted:

Sean Murray?

I have low standards.

yeah he's got potential i guess, he still has that scruffy-beard-and-plaid urban lumberjack look (or he did in the first image i googled) which is a huge mark against him

i live in vancouver, i'm sick of that poo poo

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
Cuck Rogers in the 25th Century

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think goons would probably be more malicious if she was a fedora wearing greasy neckbeard. The rest of the Internet less so.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

Clipperton posted:

so are there any guys in the indie game scene who are good looking

and i don't mean "hipstery tattoo-and-ear-gauge" good looking, or weedy little daniel radcliffe lookalikes, i mean properly handsome guys who take care of themselves

because everyone of both genders in all the pics in this 60+ page thread have been deeply, deeply unattractive and it's freaking me out
tynan sylvester developer of rimworld? thats the best i can come up with

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
for some wierd reason, basically zero hot babes and minorities have joined my "community" of people with 2000 hours on DOTA2... it can only mean theres a mean streak of bigotry among ppl with a video game

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Can we get some TWEETS posted up in this bitch??

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

no one, no one on this planet would care if the person who did this was a dude.

literally no one.

Actually, this very week a male creator, of a web-comic, not a game, was also caught do really skeevy sexual poo poo. He was immediately treated as guilty, before any proof was provided (the pics were indeed provided, but not under the circumstances that were being claimed), and he was doxxed, with his family receiving threatening phone calls. Even after he released a statement explaining where the picture came from, how it came to circulate and that he didn't send it out to dozens of women as alleged, he is still treated by the twittersphere as having done so.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/20/yale-stewart-the-anthony-weiner-of-comics/

Like this, there is also a weird angle to it, as the whole controversy sort of arose from someone being offended about him making non-profit images for charities and tragedies (the one that triggered this was Ferguson).

I mean I guess you're kind of right in no one cared to ever take his defense, not even to say the harassment and doxxing of him was bad and shouldn't be done, but enough people were outraged.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Musket posted:

fighting words.

Who? the only name ive paid attention to, is that z girl cuz her name is all over the place.

He had his own twitter meltdown and drama a few weeks ago when it came out some old girlfriend said he raped her, he's the creator of cards against humanity I believe, I just thought it was funny 3/4 of the guests in that video have had twitter shitstorms

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

big duck equals goose posted:

no these guys seem pretty cool

Who is that super cutie on the far right?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress the ROW posted:

I'm mixed, so you can add me and be clear, hth.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

david... posted:

He had his own twitter meltdown and drama a few weeks ago when it came out some old girlfriend said he raped her, he's the creator of cards against humanity I believe, I just thought it was funny 3/4 of the guests in that video have had twitter shitstorms

Maybe this means Patrick is next

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Patrick Klepek: please don't leave your wife alone in a room with your best friend Max Temkin.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Jastiger posted:

Who is that super cutie on the far right?

He's not in that photo butit's Jeff Gerstmann

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
when I'm in a hurry I use the abbreviation POCs, to show my respect for the minorities

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Orzo posted:

tynan sylvester developer of rimworld? thats the best i can come up with

works for me. how much of a twitter prima donna/sociopath is he?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

david... posted:

seems like this is an industry ripe with meltdowns and adult-children.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
video games

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
imagine 5 guys on the edge of a cliff. /v/ works the same way

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

rainy day posted:

imagine 5 guys on the edge of a cliff. /v/ works the same way

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

DrPaper posted:

Actually, this very week a male creator, of a web-comic, not a game, was also caught do really skeevy sexual poo poo. He was immediately treated as guilty, before any proof was provided (the pics were indeed provided, but not under the circumstances that were being claimed), and he was doxxed, with his family receiving threatening phone calls. Even after he released a statement explaining where the picture came from, how it came to circulate and that he didn't send it out to dozens of women as alleged, he is still treated by the twittersphere as having done so.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/20/yale-stewart-the-anthony-weiner-of-comics/

Like this, there is also a weird angle to it, as the whole controversy sort of arose from someone being offended about him making non-profit images for charities and tragedies (the one that triggered this was Ferguson).

I mean I guess you're kind of right in no one cared to ever take his defense, not even to say the harassment and doxxing of him was bad and shouldn't be done, but enough people were outraged.

This has actually progressed more
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/22/dc-comics-seeks-to-prevent-yale-stewarts-money-making-jl8-wallpapers/

DC will now possibly be looking into taking action against Stewart, even for money raised for charity because of the events. So this guys also getting punished for doing it too.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have a dream that one day unemployed reprehensible piles of poo poo will be judged not by their actions but the content of their tweets :patriot:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm not going to read all 66 pages so can someone please tell me if Amanda Palmer has weighed in yet or not?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I have a dream that one day unemployed reprehensible piles of poo poo will be judged not by their actions but the content of their tweets :patriot:

Fairly sure that day is today. Though I feel I am missing the joke because I am tool.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The black gamer must be uplifted from his carnal desires to play populist drivel like Madden and Call of Duty to the elegance and civility of Braid and Depression Quest.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I am hoping I get a tweet from Quinn soon so I can join the ranks of the anointed.

I was told on this forum I need to sleep with her for some cred.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
patreon excites me because if i could get 400 people to donate $5/mo because i made a lovely flash game once and pretended to believe a bunch of stuff that i dont and posted on twitter for a while, i could drop off the face of the earth after half a year and most of those people would forget they were donating because they definitely do not keep well-enough track of their finances to care, since they are donating to me on patreon, and i could be making livable wage in a low-scale area, for nothing

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
why are we condemning zoe quinn for her amazing business sense

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

smash the patreonarchy

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
i feel as though there are some pretty deep-seated lies being propagated by this thread, such as "fez is good"

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

BigBoss posted:

I'm not going to read all 66 pages so can someone please tell me if Amanda Palmer has weighed in yet or not?

doesn't seem so

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

DoubleWelp posted:

i feel as though there are some pretty deep-seated lies being propagated by this thread, such as "fez is good"

fez IS good

for me to not play :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Did it really have QR puzzles because that sounds insanely bad

• Locked thread