Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

FAUXTON posted:

100% of all nazis and neonazis have been white.

Pretend I posted that picture of the Japanese guy saying "The Jews Fear the Samurai" in front of a swastika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
Does anyone have a good source explaining why the orbital fracture picture wasn't Wilson? I can't find anything and my parents are being frustrating.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TrekBek posted:

Does anyone have a good source explaining why the orbital fracture picture wasn't Wilson? I can't find anything and my parents are being frustrating.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/art..._the_Eye_Socket

They show the real and Photoshopped pics side by side and include a link to the source webpage.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

TrekBek posted:

The picture is evidence enough. Unless Wilson hopped on a plane down to Iowa City and somehow got treatment at the UI med school, then it definitely wasnt him.

eddyc49
Aug 25, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

100% of all nazis and neonazis have been white.

Your move. :colbert:

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
Thanks. Now my police officer father has learned not to trust anonymous sources, finally.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

420DD Butts posted:

The picture is evidence enough. Unless Wilson hopped on a plane down to Iowa City and somehow got treatment at the UI med school, then it definitely wasnt him.

It would also require time travel; the article on the AAPOS website using that picture was last updated in July 2013.

Unless the weed-charged monster negro punched him hard enough to send him to the past year.

Edit: The idea of Wilson being punched so hard that he time travels and having to return to the present without alerting anyone would be wonderful as a Ferguson fanfic.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Yeah and if someone wrote it we would see the chinese whispers game play through and within 48 hours Druge would have a headline of "SOURCES CONFIRM SCIENTISTS FIND SHOCKING NEW EVIDENCE EXPLAINING OUR UNIVERSE AND ALSO WHAT HAPPENED TO OFFICER WILSON, BUT WERE SILENCED BY OBAMA UNTIL NOW"

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

chitoryu12 posted:

I wonder if the guy writing that article considered how institutional racism intended to prevent blacks from excelling and achieving success in life may result in greater poverty among blacks, which (combined with a general disdain for the poor among the people who write laws) in turn results in a greater proportion turning to crime to sustain themselves and out of bitterness against a system stacked against them from the start?

.....nah.

Poverty is a great reason to sexually assault people. The unequal power structures cause whites to withhold sex from blacks, and young black men have no choice but to correct this social injustice by force.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I tried to cut/paste the relevant info from this link, but this comment thread is near impossible to browse on my phone. This comment ( http://www.metafilter.com/142029/Escalating-Tensions-in-Ferguson-Missouri#5699301 ) has the reply from the Gofundme page showing Shield of Hope is related to Ferguson PD & the FPD Public Affairs officer started the gofundme campaign.

Got home and was able to grab it.

quote:

Thank you so much for your generous offer and support of the Ferguson Police Department.

The only charity that the officer has endorsed so far is through the Shield of Hope Foundation of the Fraternal Order of Police. Checks may be made payable to:

Shield of Hope
9620 Lackland Rd
St. Louis, MO 63114

In the memo line, please put “Officer D. Wilson Fund” and every dime collected will go directly to him.

Again, thank you for your support.
P.O. Tim Zoll

Public Affairs Officer
Ferguson Police Department
222 S. Florissant Rd.
Ferguson, MO 63135
tzoll@fergusoncity.com
Description: Small Ferg Patch 2012

Also, have a thread from a cop forum. :nms:http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/69291/LEGAL-FUND-for-Ferguson-PD-Officer-Darren-Wilson:nms:

highme fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 23, 2014

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Evil_Greven posted:

Is every one of the cops in St Louis racist shits?
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/officer-who-pushed-don-lemon-relieved-of-duty-after-racist-rant-emerges/
I mean for gently caress's sake, can they not hide it a bit better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jFtXG4fC5A

I've seen some insane things in print, but I rarely see a live person saying them out loud. This is incredibly upsetting to watch.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

on the left posted:

Poverty is a great reason to sexually assault people. The unequal power structures cause whites to withhold sex from blacks, and young black men have no choice but to correct this social injustice by force.

Trying to tell if this is trolling or not.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

highme posted:

I tried to cut/paste the relevant info from this link, but this comment thread is near impossible to browse on my phone. This comment ( http://www.metafilter.com/142029/Escalating-Tensions-in-Ferguson-Missouri#5699301 ) has the reply from the Gofundme page showing Shield of Hope is related to Ferguson PD & the FPD Public Affairs officer started the gofundme campaign.

lmao these guys should win an award for "most nakedly corrupt and tone deaf police department of the year" or something

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp

chitoryu12 posted:

D&D unironically posts garbage like that all the time.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

uncurable mlady posted:

lmao these guys should win an award for "most nakedly corrupt and tone deaf police department of the year" or something

According to this the charity shares an address with the local Police Union http://www.buzzfeed.com/jacobfischler/gofundme-page-for-darren-wilson-replaced-by-tax-deductible-c#29u1rh2

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

chitoryu12 posted:

Good luck

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
@katherinemiller: Confirmed: The charity on the new Darren Wilson GoFundMe page and the local police union share the same address https://bzfd.it/1vtHQoO

:catstare:

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

420DD Butts posted:

The thing I don't understand is if he was that beat up why haven't we seen him?

I mean I know winning over the court of public opinion isn't as important as protecting yourself for actual court, but if everyone was starting to assume I was a scumbag and potential murderer I would want my face out there. But I guess maybe it's the FPD shielding him from the public, which is a shame because they've done nothing but a disservice to the guy so far.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Kaytwo posted:

nope

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

There is some odd logic behind donating to officer wilson.
By making a donation you are admitting that more legal funds increases the chances of that party winning. All the donators claim this is about justice, and a fair trial, yet they are donating to the side that has more money. By their own admission they are skewing the results of the trial even further, creating even less of a chance of justice or a fair trial being the outcome.

Why did I bother trying to apply logic to racism.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

chitoryu12 posted:

It is painfully obvious that it is trolling.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
tbh it's kind of strange to find people trolling Debate&D threads, is there any achievement less notable than making people in an arguing forum argue against a thing you posted that you're intentionally posting to cause arguing?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

tbh it's kind of strange to find people trolling Debate&D threads, is there any achievement less notable than making people in an arguing forum argue against a thing you posted that you're intentionally posting to cause arguing?

Presumably to stick it to you namby-pamby libtard marxists. :argh:

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

The Droid posted:

Presumably to stick it to you namby-pamby libtard marxists. :argh:

Its how the plucky Conservative, Right, and Libertarian rebels will overthrow the evil, Mod sponsored Leftist Hegemony in D&D. Because drat if making arguments in good faith, sourcing assertions, and sticking around in their own thread doesn't seem to be.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
http://www.pri.org/stories/2013-12-03/iceland-grieves-after-police-kill-man-first-time-its-history

Iceland grieves after police kill a man for the first time in its history.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

highme posted:

Got home and was able to grab it.

Also, have a thread from a cop forum. :nms:http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/69291/LEGAL-FUND-for-Ferguson-PD-Officer-Darren-Wilson:nms:

What is it with the right and websites that haven't been updated since the 90's? Is it in the nature of conservatism to revere the past so hard that you never join the present?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Vahakyla posted:

http://www.pri.org/stories/2013-12-03/iceland-grieves-after-police-kill-man-first-time-its-history

I'm pretty sure Iceland is a mythical utopia that has never existed.

I mean, have YOU seen Iceland for yourself?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

Of course they were grieving, that man was probably cousins with half the nation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kaytwo posted:

Nah, the closest is the poverty breeds an environment where criminals flourish, but that is a fundamentally different thing than being poor makes you want to rape.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

what is gonna end up happening to all of this crowdsourced money when Wilson ends up not even having to defend himself in court

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

America is like the evil universe created when science-fiction characters go back in time and change something inconsequential, and then they come back and everything's bad. We are living in the world where George Bailey was never born. We are the nightmare dystopia.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
And another one bites the dust

quote:

GLENDALE, Mo. (KMOV.com) -- An officer with the Glendale Police Department was suspended following a series of inappropriate Facebook posts, police said in a news release Friday.

The officer, Matthew Pappert, allegedly made several posts criticizing Ferguson protesters and rioters.

In one post, Pappert allegedly writes, "These protesters should be put down like a rabid dog the first night." There are reportedly five inappropriate posts.

They really are that loving stupid.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Evil_Greven posted:

And another one bites the dust

They really are that loving stupid.

I don't know if I'd call him stupid, I mean he managed to get a paid vacation with as little effort as making a facebook post, that's rather impressive.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

PupsOfWar posted:

what is gonna end up happening to all of this crowdsourced money when Wilson ends up not even having to defend himself in court

Civil suit.

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp

Neurolimal posted:

The ultra sensitivity of the far left & social justice ubiquity that inhabits D&D makes it one of the easiest forums to troll and don't act like it isn't.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kaytwo posted:

The ultra sensitivity of the far left & social justice ubiquity that inhabits D&D makes it one of the easiest forums to troll and don't act like it isn't.

did you misread my post? that's kind of the point. Getting people to argue with your sicknasty troll post is effortlessly easy in a forum meant for arguing. I'm not sure how you could get any sort of satisfaction from that.

the only less-satisfying scenario I can think of is a thread consisting of three posters "trolling" each other

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kaytwo posted:

It does (well D&D isn't really far left) but arguing is kind of the point so it kind of rings hollow. Oh no you made us argue things we where already arguing.

The horror.

I mean its not like there is a trolling position that someone doesn't honestly hold anyway.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 23, 2014

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp

CharlestheHammer posted:

It does (well D&D isn't really far left) but arguing is kind of the point so it kind of rings hollow. Oh no you made us argue things we where already arguing.

The horror.

Neurolimal posted:

did you misread my post? that's kind of the point. Getting people to argue with your sicknasty troll post is effortlessly easy in a forum meant for arguing. I'm not sure how you could get any sort of satisfaction from that.

the only less-satisfying scenario I can think of is a thread consisting of three posters "trolling" each other

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Uluru
Feb 21, 2007

Who dares to defy me?! I am Uluru the invincible!

Berk Berkly posted:

Its how the plucky Conservative, Right, and Libertarian rebels will overthrow the evil, Mod sponsored Leftist Hegemony in D&D. Because drat if making arguments in good faith, sourcing assertions, and sticking around in their own thread doesn't seem to be.

Yeah, it is. Working the ref works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kaytwo posted:

This is exactly what a teenaged 4channer says to himself to justify why he's fantasizing about pissing people off after arguing with his dad.

Really the only annoying thing about your trolling style is that you've fooled yourself into thinking you're any good at it. Come on son, have some pride.

• Locked thread