Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Equality
Feb 26, 2007
gently caress me goons apparently Jagex bans people for botting all of the sudden. Lost my account and am starting over! Can someone invite Frank Nstein to the clan if free members are allowed? I can't join clan chat for some reason (says I was banned).

Oh god fresh page! Learn from my mistakes jort crew - 50m xp down the drain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Jagex has really been cracking down on bots in the past year or so, I'm pretty sure the ban rate is near 100%. It might be worth putting a note in the OP that botting isn't advisable for this reason.

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
Edit: Someone must have hacked this other account and spammed on it. Looks like I need to start again, again. I'll be in gchat soon goons!

Equality fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 17, 2014

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:stonklol:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Is this for real? Did some autistic guy really make this? :laffo:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
It's the inverse of "say it to my face fucker" :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Please don't post my sweet pic and shame me tia

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

How Rude posted:

Someone needs to buy this for the whole games forum to use.

It's apparently too big an image to be accepted sadly.

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

I'm really, really, really, reallyreallyreally bad at runescape and every single 'accomplishment' I've achieved has been with botting so I'm happy to say I did a thing.

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
Posting on behalf of a friend of mine, Scary Skelly, as I am vouching for him to join GoonScape. Just keeping this here to put me to the torch if he messes up royally.

sisterSyzygy fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 20, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Naan Bread posted:

I'm really, really, really, reallyreallyreally bad at runescape and every single 'accomplishment' I've achieved has been with botting so I'm happy to say I did a thing.

You should be proud, melee-kiln is by far the hardest of the three ways to kill Har-Akan.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

kill me

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Hey, at least you can log in to your main character without getting booted back to the log-in screen because of some arcane bug. :v: my 3 daily keys~~~~

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

When you went back to the slayer master, did you earn the title ", please go outside." ?

e: Augster, slayer of socks.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Whoa cool look what you can do on your adventure log now:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Jesus man, what did you do in July

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I tend to get fixated on a skill:

If we had these years ago i'd have a month where i got 12 mil xp in RC.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
How do you people do that poo poo. I've got like 35m exp total over 8 years

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

strap on revenge posted:

How do you people do that poo poo. I've got like 35m exp total over 8 years

I've got 180 mil exp total over 13 years.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
183 mil since March of last year. :negative:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I've been playing off-and-on since the beginning. Before joining Goonscape eighteen months ago, I was skill level 1242 with probably 30-40m experience.

This is what happens when you have nothing else to do. :negative:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
My current stats:

Best part is if I only level up the stats I need to get 90 milestone, I'll hit total skill 2400. Too bad they're all mostly awful skills.

Anyway, big content post incoming!

Biologist scroll missions on Azure are the best.

Good hard clue.

Decent hard clue.

Alright hard clue. I gave the fedora to Mungo.

Bad hard clue.

Great easy clue. These clues are all in the order I got them.

That blue line is apparently a yew fire.

Someone went wild with their excess Herb Patch 3's.

Long time no see, Mr. Kingly!

Willow yew be desperate enough to buy seeds this high?

Happy fire

Super level-up gauntlet. The video didn't take. :eng99:

Finally got my rainbow afro. I celebrate. Too bad Rainbow Lady is taken. Maybe LGBT Lady isn't?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

My current stats:

Best part is if I only level up the stats I need to get 90 milestone, I'll hit total skill 2400. Too bad they're all mostly awful skills.

Anyway, big content post incoming!

Biologist scroll missions on Azure are the best.

Good hard clue.

Decent hard clue.

Alright hard clue. I gave the fedora to Mungo.

Bad hard clue.

Great easy clue. These clues are all in the order I got them.

That blue line is apparently a yew fire.

Someone went wild with their excess Herb Patch 3's.

Long time no see, Mr. Kingly!

Willow yew be desperate enough to buy seeds this high?

Happy fire

Super level-up gauntlet. The video didn't take. :eng99:

Finally got my rainbow afro. I celebrate. Too bad Rainbow Lady is taken. Maybe LGBT Lady isn't?

MsColorblind perhaps?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

I am ready.

Hammer And Pickle
Nov 14, 2012
is botting viable right now? I'm considering picking runescape back up, but only if botting is at least semi safe

nevermind I just looked through the thread

Disco Dickdog
Nov 30, 2007
how did you get that many levels at once (ish)?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Disco Dickdog posted:

:monocle:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Disco Dickdog posted:

Plague's End.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

Themata posted:

LadyBGT?

Although if you say it out loud it sounds like Lady-Bigot. :(

e: Of course if you spelled it LadyGBT instead it would both lose that problem and not be a typo.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Alright I want you guys to learn how to kill the Kalphite King. Doing GWD bosses with goons is fun at all but we are missing out on the big pie. GWD you split a 6m item (if you're really lucky) between 2-3 guys. At kk you split a 50m item with 4-5 guys (possible more if mass)

read this http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Kalphite_King/Strategies

Here is a quick summary. This is just the closed notes, the basics. Still read the wiki. Where are 3 phases of the boss and 2 major roles for players, provoker and DPS.

First off the phases. Melee phase: his starting phase and definitely the easiest. A voker tanks while the DPS do DPS. The ONLY thing you need to be wary of is a charge attack. When he does this, you gently caress off out of his way or you get stunned and take damage.

Range phase. Harder but very manageable. Ranged hits everyone and occasionally stuns. continue as normal.

Mage phase. On this phase your primary objective is survival. The second the phase starts you'll be stunned. IMMEDIATELY USE FREEDOM AND TURN ON PROTECT/DEFLECT MAGE. STAY FAR AWAY FROM YOUR TEAM MATES. run around like a headless chicken dodging his bombs so you dont die and wit for the phase to change.

The roles: Dps. you do damage. Best is mage. Preferably at-least arma b-staff and subjugation.

voker: at least 2 are needed, the main and backup. Read on for what these guys do. They are often melee and double as a tank, usually wearing ports armor.

Notes: The KKs nastiest attack is his insta kill. When this happens someone will glow green. they will be stunned and wont be able to use abilities at all, not even freedom. then someone else MUST equip a shield, use the ability provoke and then use Barricade or Resonance. if they dont, the voker dies. These guys can be anything, but are often melee. Can either dual wield and switch to shield when needed or always have the shield out. The latter is easiest for newbies.

sometimes he'll spawn adds, a bunch of kalphite bugs. KILL THESE IMMEDIATELY, SHIFT FOCUS TO THEM IMMEDIATELY. Literally no exceptions here. If you dont and the KK greens the vokers resonance might get caught on one of the adds damage and the voker will die.

also NEVER USE STUN ABILITIES ON KK IT FUCKS UP HIS PHASE CYCLE

Ranged at KK is useless. This is because his mage phase is impossible to do real dps on.

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Aug 24, 2014

allta
Mar 28, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

Alright I want you guys to learn how to kill the Kalphite King.

I remember our goon kk trip, we had like 20 goons and we got a few kills but the whole thing just ended in disaster. It was still fun though I think!

Also I was on my brother in laws account yesterday doing Darkness of Hallowvale Yesterday and well:

I've been trying to replicate it, I was on the third level and got marked by a vyrewatch and dc'd and when I came back I was 3 Squares north on the second level on the other side of the myreditch wall. I got my brother in law and watched him for a few minutes and he made a video on it if anyone cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i8oMFyAG5c

I made a few comments in the background for the first part of the video but I don't think they got picked up. I did learn though that if you do find a way to the second level of the map and can actually navigate the maze of invisible walls that you shouldn't go near any area's on the same level as you unless you want to get back into the map.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

allta posted:

I remember our goon kk trip, we had like 20 goons and we got a few kills but the whole thing just ended in disaster. It was still fun though I think!

Also I was on my brother in laws account yesterday doing Darkness of Hallowvale Yesterday and well:

I've been trying to replicate it, I was on the third level and got marked by a vyrewatch and dc'd and when I came back I was 3 Squares north on the second level on the other side of the myreditch wall. I got my brother in law and watched him for a few minutes and he made a video on it if anyone cares.

I made a few comments in the background for the first part of the video but I don't think they got picked up. I did learn though that if you do find a way to the second level of the map and can actually navigate the maze of invisible walls that you shouldn't go near any area's on the same level as you unless you want to get back into the map.

Can you walk across the seas? It would be cool to find all the instances and portal areas. I know a lot of them are circa 500-1000 squares north of the Wilderness.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Spergminer posted:

Can you walk across the seas? It would be cool to find all the instances and portal areas. I know a lot of them are circa 500-1000 squares north of the Wilderness.

I got it to work again after like an hour but it seems to be very inconsistent because you need 3 things to happen at once:

1. You need a vyre to stun you and tag you for a blood teeth, there's only on on that level and he doesn't do it often.
2. You need to dc between the vyre stun and the vyre transitioning to walking mode. (it seems to happen a lot in the area I think you can do internet connection tricks to force this to happen though)
3. Luck. Sometimes you do everything right but when you come back from the dc and your not outside the wall, it took me around 30 attempts to replicate it and you cant seem to get further east than frankenstiens castle.

I forgot to take pictures but if you can get to damonheim and don't accidentally go to the second level like I did you should in theory be able to get into the ocean. It seems like any new content in updated in the last 2 years or so has invisible walls all around the second level so the best way to get to proper rs is to go through digsite because there's pretty much no invisible walls there. Also avoid varrock like the plague it's so easy to get sucked into any of the 50 second floor buildings or run into a pubie.

That being said pubies don't seem to notice stuff like someone walking around outside the second level of slayer tower.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

allta posted:

KK gets harder the more people there are. More people = more adds = more blue bombs. 20 people is actually probably harder than 5 peeps just because of the sheer amount of blue balls.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Totem Pole Position has to be the most frustrating task of the entire set. I turn in those 20 items and it doesn't count because four other people capped those :argh: Whoever designed that one was a sadist.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Has rs been particularly unstable for anyone else recently? I've crashed a good half dozen times in the past day.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Has rs been particularly unstable for anyone else recently? I've crashed a good half dozen times in the past day.

Someone's been DDoSing both the RuneScape and OldSchool servers for about a week or so now I think, everyone's feeling it off and on.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Just did a game of barb rear end as an attacker, killed the queen and all. I wanna do some hardmode to get a king kill, would love to do 5 man with voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I teleported into GE via spirit tree earlier on 117 and came across a pubbie sex orgy. Hot Dad joined in: http://imgur.com/a/C73j1

• Locked thread