Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

like several years ago had a friend that worked in WI (we live like 5 min south of the border) and every week she would bring home cases of some Smirnoff 12oz bottles whatever the gently caress they were, but they were truly vodka as the mixer. everywhere else they had the same packaging and labels but were "fortified malt beverages" so more like flavored beers or Zima

not sure if it was different laws for beer/wine vs spirits, or cost to produce, or jsut the Man keepin us down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kickstarter

gonna start a movie theater, all i need is a thousand dollars for a soda machine, a projector and a creative commons license

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

seriously, have you seen a midwest winter? why go outside in that when instead you can be inside and drunk

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Ruby got Railed posted:

like several years ago had a friend that worked in WI (we live like 5 min south of the border) and every week she would bring home cases of some Smirnoff 12oz bottles whatever the gently caress they were, but they were truly vodka as the mixer. everywhere else they had the same packaging and labels but were "fortified malt beverages" so more like flavored beers or Zima

not sure if it was different laws for beer/wine vs spirits, or cost to produce, or jsut the Man keepin us down

they are just a tasty way to get wasted and diabetes at the same time

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

the true american dream

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

BONGHITZ posted:

super wasted and super waisted

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shifty Pony posted:

get one of these and always have spreadable butter without it going rancid and without having to hunt for the drat kickstarter knife.

everything goes in the fridge unless there's not enough room :colbert:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hubris.height posted:

real talk margarine was not legal in WI for a while and when we finally changed that it had a bunch of laws on how it can be presented applied to it lol

lol packers

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

http://valleywag.gawker.com/credit-card-startup-screws-pre-ordering-customers-1625634489

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
wisconsin seems to be pretty good at drinking and cheese and those are both things i can get behind

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

wisconsin seems to be pretty good at drinking and cheese and those are both things i can get behind

I'm good at drinking and eating cheese

so

hit me up sometime

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

we are pros at both

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Mido posted:

I'm good at drinking and eating cheese

so

hit me up sometime

anyone who brings good beer and good cheese to my place of residence is welcome to stay for as long as they want. even fishmech.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i dated a girl from wisonsin, and thought i never fell for her, i did fall for wisoncsin. still havent been.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

anyone who brings good beer and good cheese to my place of residence is welcome to stay for as long as they want. even fishmech.

well it was a "Get behind me" joke but i would chill with most people here and drink and eat cheese

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

fishmechin over a beer

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
cheese curds are the goddamn best. I haven't been many places in Wisconsin but Madison owns

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
'cheese curds own' is something i take peoples word for because i've had many cheese curds from places that are not wisconsin and none of them have owned

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

'cheese curds own' is something i take peoples word for because i've had many cheese curds from places that are not wisconsin and none of them have owned

a sad state of affairs imo

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
you gotta get fresh curds that squeak when you bite into them. and frying those little nuggets up is just goddamn heavenly

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Yodzilla posted:

you gotta get fresh curds that squeak when you bite into them. and frying those little nuggets up is just goddamn heavenly

true as gently caress, used to work for an agribiz co and whenever the sales reps from Wisconsin would come to hq for meetings and poo poo they'd bring a bunch of cheese and cheese curds and it was the best

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

i would have expected them to rush the beta version out and get as many people past the refund point as possible before October 2015 rolls around and emv completely blows the entire idea of coin away.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Shifty Pony posted:

i would have expected them to rush the beta version out and get as many people past the refund point as possible before October 2015 rolls around and emv completely blows the entire idea of coin away.

coin barely functions for magstripes btw

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
cheese curds own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own

:quebec:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Nintendo Kid posted:

coin barely functions for magstripes btw

what owns about this is how it wasn't even an indiegogo scam, some silicon valley dude with a messiah complex actually thought he could do this

i hope sv stays in drought for the next 40 years (and is then swallowed into the earth)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
reminder that coin still requires you to have a smartphone running with bluetooth on to actually tell it how to handle your cards, even the new one that will supposedly work right all the time.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

FrozenVent posted:

cheese curds own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own

:quebec:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

lol I'll have to ask my buddy which option he chose

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i just need to call this out

[qoute]
Almost a year ago I paid $55 to be an "early backer" of the credit card replacement system, with the promise that I'd be shipped a Coin summer of 2014. As the months went by emails would arrive detailing how Coin worked, how it was made, etc., all with the reminder that soon enough, I'd be receiving my Coin this summer.

Fast forward to this week — everyone who paid to be backer received an email stating that—HOORAY—our Coins would begin shipping after we follow some steps (such as downloading the app, registering on the site). So today I register on the Coin site, follow the instructions, and then I'm told to choose my Coin. What? (See attached image)

So yeah, I can either opt in for Coin Beta, their "kinda works, some of the time" beta product to ship now and then PAY an additional $30 for the actual final product (oh yeah, and it ships in Spring of 2015 now), or just keeeeeep waiting for another 8 months for the real thing.

The old bait and switch. Lovely.
[/qoute]

if this is you, you're an idiot.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
it's me i'm the [qoute]

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Boxturret posted:

it's me i'm the [qoute]

im the matching [/qoute]

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it's a good thing queueue isnt a bbscript

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
a beta 'feature' is that it only works 85% of the time

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i loving love cheese curds. if you want to go full wi get them deep friend with new glarus beer and a burger slathered in butter

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

hubris.height posted:

i loving love cheese curds. if you want to go full wi get them deep friend with new glarus beer and a burger slathered in butter

imma go to the mn state fair today and eat hell of cheese curds

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Elder Postsman posted:

imma go to the mn state fair today and eat hell of cheese curds

gently caress yeah

also in kickstarter news: obsidian sent out emails to people who backed them and you can register to get your game this year i guess

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
new glarus is good poo poo, always get spotted cow to take back with me

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

hubris.height posted:

poutine motherfucker do you speak it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

hubris.height posted:

don't forget the fried egg to top the burger with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

don't forget the fried egg to top the burger with

this is the best

fried egg on top of anything

• Locked thread