Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

a cop posted:

Wait a second...mules come from horses loving donkeys?

Yes

And guess where cops come from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ulver posted:

don't fit, will Vag Assault Weapon comply with your official request y/n

also need to know if you're pro-mule before going through with this

you're a '14 non-plat regdate, you're basically an untouchable

know your posting caste

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Business Gorillas posted:

can i get a pic from that girl from gooncamp and a pic of her in that video side by side for comparison?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I really hope that's like... chocolate mixed with peanut butter...

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

*adjusts jewler's loupe* hm yes this looks to be right up my alley *unzips pants*

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

BlueChocolate posted:

LMAO@ the goons pretending they wouldn't bang this girl

I wouldn't touch Zoe Quinn's penis with your vagina.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

I'd touch her with my new mule penis

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Oh look a somewhat sane and rational article on this from a gaming website:

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/08/the-kotaku-zoe-quinn-scandal-the-aftermath-and-thoughts/

quote:

Three days ago, I covered a developing story in regards to accusations of a current writer of Kotaku by the name of Nathan Grayson having sexual relations with indie developer named Zoe Quinn to both mutually benefit their careers. Why? Because nobody else would. Social media outlets were removing any mention the story out of fear that personal details of the developer would spread, and other gaming news sites refused to publish the story either to avoid drawing any attention to their own involvement of the story, or out of fear of the so called ‘social justice’ lynch mobs that have quickly taken control of the conversation. As a result of what happens when you cover a popular topic that nobody else wants, myself and GamerHeadlines itself became the eye of the storm, for better or for worse.

Now, let me preface this by saying that as you’ve likely noticed, GamerHeadlines is no Kotaku or Polygon. We carry many similar stories and serve the same audience, but we are gamers first and foremost, writing about the stories that matter to us out of our own time. Nobody here earns anything near a full time income from writing for this site, and we’re willing to give a voice to any gamer that wants a shot at being heard. This is videogame news by regular gamers from all walks of life, and our reward is a chance at getting closer to the industry that we all love. Because of our independence, we have a have a deep respect for freedom of speech and freedom of the press, and the idea that such a potentially important story was being blacked out irked us.

I should stress, heavily, that all I did as a reporter, was report on the news that accusations were made, and that a number of famous names in the industry were directly or indirectly involved. Though I personally take a particularly dim view on the ‘social justice’ crusade that’s followed this story, I pick no sides in this debate.

And a very dim view I take. Since publishing the article and ‘going viral’, myself and my colleagues have been subject to threats, illegal attempts to obtain personal information, and illegal attempts to hack the editor account of the site. Nobody should have to receive a phone call from the police because somebody disagreed with an article you wrote on the internet, ever. Still in spite of this, we shall keep the article up and updated for as long as the situation remains relevant to the industry.

To borrow the words of Ms. Zoe Quinn, We do not negotiate with terrorists.

Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/08/the-kotaku-zoe-quinn-scandal-the-aftermath-and-thoughts/#ixzz3BBI4Bpnl

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm assuming this is the bosses wife she's talking to? Eitherway

I am rather sure Quinn would have known her boss is married. Though it doesn't really matter. He cheated on his wife, he should take 100% of the flak for it. Though Zoe probably did rape* him, so who am I to say?

*Zoe's definition, not mine.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

um Im not sure that pic is allowed in gibbis

otoh, it is hilarious

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
basically lol at a bunch of 20somethings discovering what professional conduct actually means

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

The General posted:

I'm assuming this is the bosses wife she's talking to? Eitherway

I am rather sure Quinn would have known her boss is married. Though it doesn't really matter. He cheated on his wife, he should take 100% of the flak for it. Though Zoe probably did rape* him, so who am I to say?

*Zoe's definition, not mine.

I don't think that's the married guy's wife and she flip flopped on whether she knew the boss was married first claiming she didn't then deflecting it as he got more accustomed to seeing through her bullshit

This is the first person he ever loved and was a sad sack pathetic gently caress but he actually did manage to chip a small part of that STD encrusted heart away because she started admitting all kinds of poo poo at the threat of actually losing him, until realizing he was rightfully never, ever going to allow her to have the upper hand in the relationship again which is when she refused to talk to him online anymore out of fear of him saving poo poo

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

why do they all have ugly neon hair. ugh.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Brannock posted:

basically lol at a bunch of 20somethings discovering what professional conduct actually means

The internet is the perfect character witness.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Yivgev posted:

why do they all have ugly neon hair. ugh.

i would say, for nerds, they think it makes them cute and quirky, which is wrong

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i would say, for nerds, they think it makes them cute and quirky, which is wrong

its very wrong. why cant they see that its wrong?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I wonder if this is the first time someone has deliberately tried to exploit the Streisand Effect.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
This thread has a lot of posts, should I read them or not?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

jackyl posted:

Maybe

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Yivgev posted:

its very wrong. why cant they see that its wrong?

She changes her hair color every two weeks, prolonged use has caused brain contamination, one day they'll do an MRI and her brain is going to look like a pack of skittles

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

jackyl posted:

yes if you like schadenfreude and hate narcissistic millennial gamer-types

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

jackyl posted:

seems like the first post sums up the story, unless you really want to read a lot of goons failing to be funny

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Brannock posted:

oh, i don't doubt they're loving shocked that anybody would think there was anything wrong with what they did. and that they'd think that no matter what they did, i mean i can't think of a job with less oversight than "write clickbait articles for gawker".

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Did Phil fish just fake hack himself and blame 4chan?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

facebook jihad posted:

seems like the first post sums up the story, unless you really want to read a lot of goons failing to be funny

drat son you sure are Above It All

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

facebook jihad posted:

in that case just quit reading the forums

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Did anything cool happen in the past 400 replies?

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

SaltLick posted:

Did anything cool happen in the past 400 replies?

i had gently caress with zoe quinn

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Blackheart posted:

totally, yeah. just like zoe did, pretty amazing.

e: http://themundanematt.tumblr.com/post/95440805149/so-adam-sessler-alex-lifschitz-and-zoe-quinn-walk-in , lol, it's basically documented.

Forums Barber fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 23, 2014

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Blackheart posted:

The majority of evidence says yes.

It was a pretty difficult hack that required Fish to be a breathtaking idiot to be possible. Also it required whoever did it to not just go and collect a hard earned $100,000 but publish it online so the information would become useless. Also it's weird that Fish was targeted since until now he wasn't even involved in the scandal beyond being Zoe's rear end in a top hat twitter friend.

However Fish had the ability to do so, didn't initially inform the FBI, and also had motive. His company is not doing well and this event allows him to up his profile at a time when he needs to sell his assets as well as manage to leave on a morally superior high note as opposed to being a massive failure.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Forums Barber posted:

totally, yeah. just like zoe did, pretty amazing.

zoe one actually is fake unironically so it is amazing how far they go

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lovely Wizard posted:

his wife brought up an open marriage type of deal which he said okay to, and he complains on twitter all the time about not getting any pussy or dick all the time

literally not joking, he also donated an undisclosed sum to Zoe's Patronwhatever

I just went to google so loving hard because I wanted this to be true but in my heart I believed it wasn't and lmfaoooo

https://twitter.com/reverendanthony/status/465308791165030402

what a loving loser holy poo poo.

holy poo poo.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Shadoer you didn't quote the best part of that link

quote:

A protest against corruption in the videogames industry is currently being organised outside the venue of PAX next week. Will this go anywhere? Who knows. The protest is being organised by an anonymous industry insider with a STEM background, who makes a point of describing themselves as a woman. More on that if and when it develops.

Like the accusations of exchanging sex for press, Zoe Quinn’s claims that 4chan hacked her personal Tumblr account to obtain nude photos has been debunked, after attempts to spread the images made it apparent that they are crude Photoshops. This is still a very terrible (and illegal) thing to do to a person, though it calls into question how truthful those accused have been during this whole ordeal.

Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/08/the-kotaku-zoe-quinn-scandal-the-aftermath-and-thoughts/#ixzz3BBOKLw37

So a most likely feminist corruption PAX event next week, no way they'll avoid this, and at least some of these 'news' places are 'reporting' the clear bullshit now instead of just letting her wallow in her pity party victim bullshit.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

beep by grandpa posted:

I just went to google so loving hard because I wanted this to be true but in my heart I believed it wasn't and lmfaoooo

https://twitter.com/reverendanthony/status/465308791165030402

what a loving loser holy poo poo.

holy poo poo.

who is this guy besides a loser?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

guy who used to make funny videos with his sister a few years ago, wrote borderlands 2 and now just yells at people on twitter all day about sexism in video games

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
gently caress millenials.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

Shadoer you didn't quote the best part of that link

So a most likely feminist corruption PAX event next week, no way they'll avoid this, and at least some of these 'news' places are 'reporting' the clear bullshit now instead of just letting her wallow in her pity party victim bullshit.

I know I just don't like posting an entire article and it was mentioned a few pages that this protest is happening.

But yes, this protest is going to be hilarious.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
also gently caress gamer culture

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
I've read so many pages and I'm still confused

why would anyone pay money and/or look at ads in order to hear somebody else's opinions about video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I really like how social justice was hot hot hot on something awful like 3 years before it went full mainstream and now we all hate it and think everyone is idiot for it

SA really is the hipster zone of the internet, we even hate the poo poo out of reddit (which basically 99% of internet savvy 20-30somethings browse regularly)

basically lol at everything because life is cool and good

• Locked thread