Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
I used to miss LF but I was only around there for the fanfic and the making fun of the Obama spreadsheet autist dude so I guess it got problematic after I stopped following it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Forums Barber posted:

I used to miss LF but I was only around there for the fanfic and the making fun of the Obama spreadsheet autist dude so I guess it got problematic after I stopped following it.

I missed it too, I only posted in it right after I joined and lurked moar but now I barely remember a drat thing about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

grover house forbidden fruit posting was LF. this other stuff sounds like bad memories and sour grapes.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Real hurthling! posted:

grover house forbidden fruit posting was LF. this other stuff sounds like bad memories and sour grapes.

also getting the Secret Service to go after Lowtax.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

lf was so insanely bad lol

Hobo Grandpa
Aug 22, 2014

"Trigger" is my trigger word.

SaltLick posted:

Did anything cool happen in the past 400 replies?

Unfortunately, no. I want my cuck back.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

lol. LF was about cone slamming and pulling butt cords

bring back lf

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I would love a cool chill forum with a fun stylesheet where I could shitpost about politics and it doesn't even have to be called lf it could be called something different.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Atlas Smugged

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
lf was funny in the beginning but it turned into a giant circlejerk of broken weirdos

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Miltank posted:

I would love a cool chill forum with a fun stylesheet where I could shitpost about politics and it doesn't even have to be called lf it could be called something different.

d and d lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

tranime scholar posted:

lf was funny in the beginning but it turned into a giant circlejerk of broken weirdos

LF posters were the ones who tumblrfied the forums.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

tranime scholar posted:

So it stayed funny

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fat Lowtax posted:

So it stayed funny

Sadly, no.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Fat Lowtax posted:

So it stayed funny

intentionally funny i mean

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

So it stayed funny

"he's still funny but not ha-ha funny."

- ralph wiggum

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
LF had the hitler actors thread and the "lets play serbia" victoria II thread and both were pretty funny

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
lf also had tobleronetriangular and the deathpost race. still doesn't make up for the tumblr-ish social justice scourge and anime marxism though

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo

This is pretty long, but it sort of updates some of the information

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

tranime scholar posted:

lf also had tobleronetriangular and the deathpost race. still doesn't make up for the tumblr-ish social justice scourge and anime marxism though

there were a few diamonds in the poo poo, but yeah, especially near the end it deserved to die.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

you could have banned like 10 people and it would have been fine, and the crazies usually stuck to the weird crew threads

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

you could have banned like 10 people and it would have been fine, and the crazies usually stuck to the weird crew threads

by the end there really wasn't a whole lot to justify maintaining it, though. i think the best argument it had going for it in the final year was that it served to contain a lot of bad posters that might otherwise spread out to d&d

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Read up to page 2, got bored, skipped to the end and people are talking about LF.

Still would.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Phil Fish looks and acts like the shithead barista at the closest Starbucks who sneers at everyone and writes a screenplay on his macbook when he's off the clock AT THE SAME PLACE

basically human filth

I just wanted to lament about the quality of service at my overpriced passion tea depot

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

That chick looks like Woody Allen

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

huh this sounds familiar

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Lochness_Hamster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo

This is pretty long, but it sort of updates some of the information

Just to give the summary of stuff he gives:

1. There's a growing amount of evidence that a really expensive Game Jam that crashed and burned was actually destroyed by Zoe. Zoe and the Selection Chair of the Jam were in a relationship as well as the reporter that broke the story and used Zoe the Chair as sources for who was responsible for the Jam crashing and burning. On the same day the article came up, Zoe registered the domain for her Rebel Jam which takes donations to her personal paypal and hasn't had any updates since.

2. Kotaku and other gaming press have had no problems reporting on sex scandals involving male game developers in the past and even stretching the truth, however Zoe somehow is getting special treatment and they refuse to talk about her.

3. A number of gaming journalists are donating to Zoe's Patreon account which is a massive breach of ethics.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Shadoer posted:

3. A number of gaming journalists are donating to Zoe's Patreon account which is a massive breach of ethics.

mlyp

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

I'm breaching ethics?

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
its wrong for girls to have sex

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Shadoer posted:

This is only true if they subsequently write any pieces about her work without disclosing that they actively finance her. I'm sure there are film critics that might patreon-ize (ugh) indie filmmakers.

I think there's more issues (ethically) with them actively financing an alleged abuser who won't address the allegations of abuse, but will continue to shout about the amount of abuse she's receiving. :shrug:

E: VIDEO GAMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mattjpwns fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 23, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Zoe Quinn was an inside job!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0tkIx-DLCQ
:tinfoil:

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

fixed

e: these cats know what's up

Rad Tad fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 23, 2014

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Man, remember the good ole days when video games journalism was pure and truueeehhehehahahahahahaha.

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
Geeze, thanks guys. I leave for a couple of hours and you go 100% Lucifer on me.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Quick, check your battery!

:ohdear:

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Lifepuzzler posted:

Geeze, thanks guys. I leave for a couple of hours and you go 100% Lucifer on me.

If only you checked a minute earlier it would have been 4:20

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Amarcarts posted:

This thread would be way easier to read if everybody who doesn't think it's a big deal would just not post. That way the rest of us can laugh efficiently.

We get it that nerds are unjustifiably mad. That's why its funny. Anything where people care too much can be funny, especially when nobody is being decapitated over it.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Literally The Worst posted:

We already knew this and Phil Fish is a poo poo gently caress him.

He's the worst and have always been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Yivgev posted:

lf was so insanely bad lol

this. probate any lf talk pls

• Locked thread