Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I can't wait for the exciting future where my phone invites all my friends into a Google Hangout with me so they can give me an intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I can't wait for the exciting future where my phone invites all my friends into a Google Hangout with me so they can give me an intervention.

Or at least one where my phone can start my car and turn on the AC so that way I don't roast to death in my car on high on ludes or something.

:itisatccreference:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Lblitzer posted:

If you use Chrome (or google in general I believe) it auto-searches based on the correct spelling and gives you a few pages about him. Not sure how you would think something like that is delisted when even searching his name even more misspelled (Kajamie Powel) still brings up results.

Well, these people are probably using altavista or askjeeves through Internet Explore 5.0, so...

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Wasabi the J posted:

Or at least one where my phone can start my car and turn on the AC so that way I don't roast to death in my car on high on ludes or something.

OnStar.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Wasabi the J posted:

My friend's truck does this. When he was overseas, he would start/stop his truck at all hours to mess with his family where his truck was parked.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
This beauty just showed up on my news feed:

EDIT: My avatar has no relevance to this.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Woodhouse posted:

This beauty just showed up on my news feed:

EDIT: My avatar has no relevance to this.

Why would he try to kill the largest and not the smallest.

But yeah, he's right. Hitler did nothing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

How do these people function?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Didn't Jewish people only get Israel as a result of the Holocaust?

WickedHate has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Aug 22, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

don't do this

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

DoctorWhat posted:

It says "replied to your post", doesn't that mean the screenshot was taken by someone logged into the account?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DoctorWhat posted:

don't do this

I didn't mean it to sound that way. I legitimately try to use other ways of saying "people who are Jewish" but the original post wording it like that got me messed up. I made a mistake there, my apologies.

WickedHate has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Aug 22, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

It says "replied to your post", doesn't that mean the screenshot was taken by someone logged into the account?

That's not how Tumblr works.

Tumblr's infrastructure is bonkers. What black-outline did was manually quote blue-outline's response to black's original post. Tumblr doesn't actually have any automatic mechanism for replying back to, or even publicizing, "replies" to posts.

That's why "sane" Tumblr-users converse entirely via reblogs.

WickedHate posted:

I didn't mean it to sound that way. I legitimately try to use other ways of saying "people who are Jewish" but the original post wording it like that got me messed up. I made a mistake there, my apologies.

Cool cool cool :buddy:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DoctorWhat posted:

Assumes facts not in evidence, your honor.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

don't do this

Oh no, did he say the J-word?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The establishment of the state of Israel was a teensy bit more complex than "well, the Holocaust happened, guess we'll give them some land."

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Clochette posted:

Oh no, did he say the J-word?

He dropped a hard J.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't get this.

I don't like elevators and they make me afraid, but I still use them.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Assumes facts not in evidence, your honor.

...yeah, fair enough.

... It's sad that being fair to black-outline means that we have to assume they are literally incapable of leaving a normal human life, but here we are.

I mean, claustrophobia is a nasty thing, I get that, but have these folks never heard of "coping strategies" or "proportionate human response"?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
They said "almost" ran out of the room, so they probably are coping with their fears and having proportionate responses. They aren't incapable of leading a human life just because they got freaked out by a phobia and then managed to deal with it, but happened to mention, probably hyperbolically, that they "almost" ran from it.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
You guys know that exaggeration for comedic effect is a thing, right?

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

losonti tokash posted:

You guys know that exaggeration for comedic effect is a thing, right?

I literally almost died when I processed this post.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
i'm literally shaking with anger

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
No one on tumblr actually has any phobias or PTSD or any disorder whatsoever beyond being bored, white, pre-teens and teenagers.

That's it, :thejoke:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Who What Now posted:

No one on tumblr actually has any phobias or PTSD or any disorder whatsoever beyond being bored, white, pre-teens and teenagers.

That's it, :thejoke:

I'm going to judge the entirety of Tumblr from the DashCon fiasco/success. I developed PTSD from watching teenage girls with cat ears meowing in a tiny ball pit that someone pissed in.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

mng posted:

I'm going to judge the entirety of Tumblr from the DashCon fiasco/success. I developed PTSD from watching teenage girls with cat ears meowing in a tiny ball pit that someone pissed in.

Since you mentioned cat ears, I now understand why someone pissed in it. They are cat otherkin and all they saw when they laid eyes on that ballpit was a huge litter pan. Maybe there was a secret catkin pissing war going on.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
No one pissed in it, it was a rumor that someone started on Tumblr to troll the congoers and try to freak them out.
No matter how many times this is pointed out, goons will continue to say that someone pissed in it, because it conforms to their stereotypes and is funnier.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Broenheim posted:

Why would he try to kill the largest and not the smallest.

But yeah, he's right. Hitler did nothing.

It doesn't even make any loving sense because a) there were Jewish people living in the same geographical region all through, from Roman Judea to Ottoman Syria (which included present-day Israel and Jordan as well as most of present-day Syria) through the surge in Zionist settlement in the late 19th century through the British Mandate of 1922, and b) if you're going to imagine a clairvoyant, beneficent Hitler, why not imagine a pet dragon for everybody, or pixie friends to do our housework?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

No one pissed in it, it was a rumor that someone started on Tumblr to troll the congoers and try to freak them out.
No matter how many times this is pointed out, goons will continue to say that someone pissed in it, because it conforms to their stereotypes and is funnier.

It's mainly that it's funny

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
I'm blue. I was high and not really putting effort into arguing with him because he has also posted things like "If you don't support Israel completely you are literally supporting terrorists."

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

I'm blue. I was high and not really putting effort into arguing with him because he has also posted things like "If you don't support Israel completely you are literally supporting terrorists."

:magical:

Also, I like how he completely ignores half of your post and goes on to ask questions you already answered.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Yeah. When he called them animals I was sorta done. I tried to make the conversation as agreeable as possible (the whole "both sides are equally wrong" part) to see if I could get him to at least see them as people. Nope.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Not censored because public page. Nothing idiotic, I just wanted to share this post.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

mng posted:

I'm going to judge the entirety of Tumblr from the DashCon fiasco/success.

You're right--it was a successful con.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

Just quote "Why should a country that was there first disarm?" back at him forever.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Kajeesus posted:

Just quote "Why should a country that was there first disarm?" back at him forever.

Haha, you think people would accept that? Here's a status of mine (I'm black, idiots are blue/maroonish):

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://imgur.com/gallery/lAaMd19

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Comrades, I am discover LSD!

DoctorWhat posted:

http://i.imgur.com/oleXdMy.png

I was going to say stairs, but it's tumblr

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012