Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
snipeeeddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
Played some more Megabyte Punch. It's pretty tite, smash bros combat in a single player platformer where you beat up robots for their parts so you can slap them onto your own body

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
no good games have come out recently

games are dead

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Rexicon1 posted:

games are dead

destiny beta was good. destiny alpha will be great

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

destiny is borderlands with less monkey cheese and a lot more activision focus tested tedium

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

also lol if you have a console just fwehehe

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it's not even out yet but it sure eems that way

unfortunately i already palyed borderlands and borderlands 2 took the annoying up to 11 so i couldnt play it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
hey guys you know how claptrap was kind of an annoying but tolerable side character in our popular game?? let's ignore most of the stuff that made our game popular and focus on the claptrap we should expand on claptrop also a weird pedo anime girl

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

let's talk about Phil fish until rotor gets ornery

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

youkai watch is coming to the west :bubblewoop:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Katana Gomai posted:

cool better stock up on kleenex

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i am excite about the new walking dead episode coming out next week. it's not so much a "game" as it is a cyoa but i still like it

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City

Rexicon1 posted:

serious question: is fez any good?

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Rexicon1 posted:

games are dead

good as in well-programmed and bug-free or with an engaging storyline and game play that doesn't overstay its welcome?

because I agree

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

games are dead

No.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

destiny beta was good. destiny alpha will be great

No.

Rexicon1 posted:

No.

Katana Gomai posted:

No.

spankmeister posted:

i am excite about the new walking dead episode coming out next week. it's not so much a "game" as it is a cyoa but i still like it

No.

Pygmy Pyrosaur posted:

No.

Max Facetime posted:

good as in well-programmed and bug-free or with an engaging storyline and game play that doesn't overstay its welcome?

because I agree

No.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

spankmeister posted:

i think we should have a debate over what is or isn't a game, imho

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Pygmy Pyrosaur posted:

its fine

great soundtrack, most of the puzzles are okay, good sense of exploration and poo poo. you just have to be into the idea of a game where you just wander around and solve puzzles

its nothing mindblowing and the big 'reveal' is p lol the language is a substitution cipher written in the same way as japanese wow that's so incredible

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

it wasn't a question you dolt

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Notorious QIG posted:

scratcheo

games
gently caress yeah
I loved these
im old

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

spankmeister posted:

it wasn't a question you dolt

Still no, asstard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Divinity Dragon Commander would have been a so much better game if they left out the RTS elements and just let me play stupid fantasy politics.

You can also pick from a variety of fantasy waifus.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
drk souls

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

Divinity Dragon Commander would have been a so much better game if they left out the RTS elements and just let me play stupid fantasy politics.

before I play thread says you should bone that bone for best results (an extra plot path)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont know it's kind of horrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k86Ge9MfGqQ&t=946s

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious QIG posted:

yospos i have a really bad desire to play an mmo, wtf is wrong with me

the best-written mmo is the secret world

it has other problems, though :(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmfao

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
here are some games i've been playing lately and what i think of them:

- nuclear throne: my new favorite go-to roguelike for a quick fix! amazing podcast game. an early access game that's worth your money already.
- diablo 3: ros: made a crusader. figured i should probably play this exp pack at least SOME since i paid full price for it. cool class, but it's still d3. p tired of diablo by now
- cs:go: best fps.
- neverwinter: bad, but kinda fun at the same time

games i've been meaning to play:

- dark souls 2: not really in the mood yet. will tackle this when autumn comes and it starts being dark and cold outside again
- divinity: original sin: seems cool, might play it right now actually.
- metal gear: rising: revengeance: cool game, waiting for a proper tv set up tho
- shovel knight: eh idk... played a few levels. seems ok? might as well just play a NES classic of some sort.
- kentucky route zero: gonna wait for autumn/winter for the right atmosphere and mood.

thanks for reading.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
divinity: original sin and wasteland 2 are both cool rpgs that play very similar to each other. check them out if ur into party-based rpgs that arent garbage trash scooped out of bioware's bloated rectum :)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

prefect posted:

the best-written mmo is the secret world

it has other problems, though :(

true but at least tsw has no subscription fee. ive been tempted the last few times it's been on sale

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

SynthOrange posted:

skeletons don't have boobs this is upsetting

also i beat the final boss of dark souls 2 last night, now i have to beat the dlc dragon :toot:

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City

Granbar posted:

here are some games i've been playing lately and what i think of them:

- neverwinter: bad, but kinda fun at the same time

I made an account and DL'ed the installer for that like a month ago but never ran it. Is F2P really an option, or do you play it for ten hours and hit a psuedo-paywall where everything becomes too hard without premium gear?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I wish the secret world was just an offline single player game like fallout because it sounds good outside of the actual mmo part

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i played in the secret world beta like a week before it came out and it was a generic hotbar mmo but in new england instead of azeroth (my phone actually has a dictionary entry for azeroth wtf apple) so i dont get whats so interesting or original about it

Pygmy Pyrosaur
Jun 29, 2007

Welcome to
Kitty City
Following up on the success of Hearthstone for iPad, Apple announced today the purchase of Blizzard Activision for $10 billion dollars. Find a code for a special 'Chronic 2000'-themed WoW mount in new Rock'N Roll Racing Beats headphones!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Gus Hobbleton posted:

i played in the secret world beta like a week before it came out and it was a generic hotbar mmo but in new england instead of azeroth (my phone actually has a dictionary entry for azeroth wtf apple) so i dont get whats so interesting or original about it
this but one of their trial weeks

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Pygmy Pyrosaur posted:

I made an account and DL'ed the installer for that like a month ago but never ran it. Is F2P really an option, or do you play it for ten hours and hit a psuedo-paywall where everything becomes too hard without premium gear?

idk man. my 'main' is lvl 47, and so far i haven't paid a dime for anything.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

posting from my wii u lmao

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Pygmy Pyrosaur posted:

Following up on the success of Hearthstone for iPad, Apple announced today the purchase of Blizzard Activision for $10 billion dollars. Find a code for a special 'Chronic 2000'-themed WoW mount in new Rock'N Roll Racing Beats headphones!

I'd love to see this, not because it makes any business or economical sense, but purely so I could languish in the entire swimming pools of tears from video game nerds.

Apple is so antithetical to 'gamer culture' in their minds that they shriek like enraged baboons at the mere mention of the fruit.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Ocrassus posted:

Apple is so antithetical to 'gamer culture' in their minds that they shriek like enraged baboons at the mere mention of the fruit.

to be fair gamers will cry and bitch and get enraged about almost literally anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Poniard posted:

posting from my wii u lmao
grats on buying the best console of this generation

• Locked thread