Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

a cop posted:

Jeus schrist she's so loving hot

you're a moran

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

serious norman posted:

you're a moran

Don't fatkinkshame I guess :shrug:

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

God drat, I love fat white women.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
There is so much bullshit venture capitalist money in San Francisco right now. This bubble can't burst soon enough.

These developers don't even produce anything, it's all hype and self-righteous twitter updates.

Hey my book was too lovely to get published, I'll just turn it into a point and click video game.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Arian_Samurai posted:

There is so much bullshit venture capitalist money in San Francisco right now. This bubble can't burst soon enough.

These developers don't even produce anything, it's all hype and self-righteous twitter updates.

Hey my book was too lovely to get published, I'll just turn it into a point and click video game.

nah man she's an indie game dev that matters a lot to the industry because

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

serious norman posted:

you're a moran

:drat:

Also, is this a thing at PAX? Isn't that this weekend?

Edit: No, its next weekend. It would be hi-larious if this was a thing that was literally discussed at a panel at one of the largest gaming conventions in the world.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

serious norman posted:

you're a moran

DiGinereates.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

DiGinereates.

I heard they fired their previous art director for being too hard on students or something. Like, kids dropping out harming their graduation record?

Guess that explains where all the angry birds and minecraft clones came out, and how depression quest came to be when the school softened standards.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If she slept with her boss and/or game journalists to get ahead that's a straight up ethics violation in black and white. No hand waving about "misogyny" or "a woman has the right to choose who and what she sleeps with" can change that.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

facebook jihad posted:

If she slept with her boss and/or game journalists to get ahead that's a straight up ethics violation in black and white. No hand waving about "misogyny" or "a woman has the right to choose who and what she sleeps with" can change that.

yes but video games

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
So is Depression Quest pretty good?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Contra Calculus posted:

it's a cyoa that explores such deep and emotional concepts like 'my gay rear end and face' and 'i dunno lol' so it's obviously going to be goty 2014

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Try as hard as you can Depression Quest lady, you'll never out video game crazy Jennifer Diane Reitz

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
it trivializes what it's saying should be taken seriously and provides no more information than a regular wikipedia page

but because her brain is sad it's high art

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to play it now. And by "play it" I mean I want to watch a really loud scarecam let's play of it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Contra Calculus posted:

I've actually tried it yesterday. Basically it's your regular interactive fiction text game, where you are presented with different choices that lead to different events. But in this game, you are sadbrains, so all choices look like that:

1) Make something productive (you're sad, so it's literally in red and struck out!)
2) Wallow in self-pity
3) Eat all the ice-cream
4) Cry
5) Stare blankly

Then I think you can actually start attending therapy sessions and take antidepressants, but I never made it to that part.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

serious norman posted:

you're a moran

what gets me about this is that she's apparently gotten twice as wide since her suicide girls photoshoot where she looked like a twink

how does that happen in only a few years?

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Brannock posted:

what gets me about this is that she's apparently gotten twice as wide since her suicide girls photoshoot where she looked like a twink

Being a sadbrain with a terrible kitchen that you can't cook anything in.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Brannock posted:

lots of fast food

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

Determination, strength of soul, and America's Diner: Denny's.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Brannock posted:

1) Make something productive (you're sad, so it's literally in red and struck out!)
2) Wallow in self-pity
3) Eat all the ice-cream :f5:
4) Cry
5) Stare blankly

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Brannock posted:

Burgers and Fries

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Brannock posted:

Food is my #1 guess

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

nerd cum

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

That isn't vegan tho.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Contra Calculus posted:

I want to play it now. And by "play it" I mean I want to watch a really loud scarecam let's play of it.

We should get Lowtax and Schmorky on the case.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Paladinus posted:

I've actually tried it yesterday. Basically it's your regular interactive fiction text game, where you are presented with different choices that lead to different events. But in this game, you are sadbrains, so all choices look like that:

2) Wallow in self-pity
3) Eat all the ice-cream
4) Cry
5) Stare blankly

Then I think you can actually start attending therapy sessions and take antidepressants, but I never made it to that part.

Yeah, I mean serious-post for one second: I was actually diagnosed with major depression a while back and that really is a bit stupid to me that depressed people are reduced to being a useless piece of poo poo all day according to this game. I was still a functional human being that worked and went to school. I felt like poo poo, but I was still capable of being productive and getting stuff done.

I guess the takeaway is that therapy is good and you should get it which is true and it did help me but that's really basic advice that any idiot on the street can tell you at this point with modern-day psychiatry and medicine.

Fathis Munk posted:

We should get Lowtax and Schmorky on the case.

I want someone to make a Dontrel the Dolphin cyoa for them to LP first.

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

Depression Quest starts up and tells you that you are depressed and have a significant other and I just clicked out right then and there.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Erata posted:

That isn't vegan tho.

this lady doesn't look like shes picky about what she puts in her body

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Brannock posted:

I really like how social justice was hot hot hot on something awful like 3 years before it went full mainstream and now we all hate it and think everyone is idiot for it

SA really is the hipster zone of the internet, we even hate the poo poo out of reddit (which basically 99% of internet savvy 20-30somethings browse regularly)

basically lol at everything because life is cool and good

I still consider myself a social justice cool guy :cool: ... ok i mean one of those idiots who screams about social justice on the internet but doesn't actually do poo poo IRL. The problem with the SJW folks at the vanguard is that a lot of them appear to be narcissists with a lot of mental defects and they go way overboard in arguing for dumb poo poo when there's more pressing matters in the real world. And apparently some of them do so for personal enrichment. This is especially true for Tumbler feminists.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

I mean... i just don't even... what?

e: retina screenshots.

FAROOQ fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 23, 2014

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Phil Niekro posted:

this lady doesn't look like shes picky about what she puts in her body

Unless it's vegetables

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

FAROOQ posted:

someone want to translate this for me?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Contra Calculus posted:

Yeah, I mean serious-post for one second: I was actually diagnosed with major depression a while back and that really is a bit stupid to me that depressed people are reduced to being a useless piece of poo poo all day according to this game. I was still a functional human being that worked and went to school. I felt like poo poo, but I was still capable of being productive and getting stuff done.

I guess the takeaway is that therapy is good and you should get it which is true and it did help me but that's really basic advice that any idiot on the street can tell you at this point with modern-day psychiatry and medicine.

To be fair, in the game you have a day job and even do some stuff there, but you just can't concentrate and all, so it's hard. I mean, it does portray depression somewhat realistically, but as a game it's just boring. The only gimmick it has is that the more depressed you are, the fewer choices are available to you, but in many cases it makes it look like any sufficiently advanced depression is indistinguishable from laziness.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Idiot indie decrys TFYC, suggests donating to support a different fund, founded by... Zoe Quinn.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FAROOQ posted:

4chan gave two thousand dollars to some charity event, where women are invited to pitch ideas for games, and whichever game wins in a vote will be developed with crowdfunding money, while all proceedings will go to charities and something like 8% for the idea ladies. Some people are mad because women aren't paid enough for their ideas. And also there is a very similar event that Zoe is behind. That's what I've heard.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

COBRARocky posted:

Depression Quest starts up and tells you that you are depressed and have a significant other and I just clicked out right then and there.

its a dumb wrong game but you can be depressed and have a signifcant other you dumdum

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
ive always wanted to be a chunky indie game dev... but coloring your hair? That's too much

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Jombo posted:

2) Wallow in self-pity
3) Eat all the ice-cream :f5:
4) Cry
5) Stare blankly

thank god the internet saved us from reading a review of this game that says its good because the author hosed the maker of the game. games journalism might never recover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

gently caress the ROW posted:

ive always wanted to be a chunky indie game dev... but coloring your hair? That's too much

well if that's not to your taste perhaps you can peruse our inventory of gauges, implants, and ironic tattoos

• Locked thread