Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

He curdled the milk! the blood in her veins! :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gonz posted:

Turns out I actually hatewatched every episode of Lexx during it's original run.

I looked on urban dictionary, but It turns out "hatewatched" doesn't actually mean "masturbated to" like you thought. Sorry.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

All day next to the Leah Brahms I lay...

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You'd think by the time we're in the Future, everyone would be used to the idea of people holo-boning them because, well, we'd all have been there by now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm really excited for this date. I've spent the past few weeks boning you in the holodeck, so I think I'm ready for anything.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

B-but, I've spent the past few weeks boning you in the holodeck...

:swoon:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Turns out there's no such thing as a holodeck and we've just been boning each other in the broom closet.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Data is an emotionless albeit fully functional automaton and he got a series of dates with the same woman. Geordi boned a hologram of a woman and scared off the real one within hours of meeting. Just want to make this clear yet again.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Oh thank god you're here, Dr. Brahms! *openly massages half-erect penis through uniform trousers* Let's retire to my office so we can discuss these engine upgrades in private and by the way please drink this random glass please don't notice the undissolved powder in the bottom

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Trent posted:

I looked on urban dictionary, but It turns out "hatewatched" doesn't actually mean "masturbated to" like you thought. Sorry.

wait wait wait

then what the hell does "powerpointing" mean!?!?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Data is an emotionless albeit fully functional automaton and he got a series of dates with the same woman. Geordi boned a hologram of a woman and scared off the real one within hours of meeting. Just want to make this clear yet again.

Don't you remember when we knocked over the crystals while I was bon-

What?

Uh, nothing never mind. I figured out if I rotated the dilithium crystals, a thing happened.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

wait wait wait

then what the hell does "powerpointing" mean!?!?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Don't you remember when we knocked over the crystals while I was bon-

What?

Uh, nothing never mind. I figured out if I rotated the dilithium crystals, a thing happened.

Baltar getting "caught" banging Head Six on the Cylon detector table was smoother than Geordi. "I'm exercising!"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I'm really excited for this date. I've spent the past few weeks boning you in the holodeck, so I think I'm ready for anything.

Pffff you leave your 21st century hang-ups in the past with cool stuff like genetic supermen and nuclear warfare. You know both parties were going on practice runs in the holodeck!

Everyone practices music or flying airplanes or sports but you want to practice sex and suddenly everything's gone horribly wrong!

You know Riker was in there for hours with holo-whoever he was trying to plow this week, honing his craft.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Funny I think TNG name dropped the European Alliance about 4 years before the EU was organized.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

Funny I think TNG name dropped the European Alliance about 4 years before the EU was organized.

They had been working on a pan-European union for decades before that. The EEC, EURATOM, and European Coal and Steel Community had been around since the 50s, the Maastricht Treaty reorganized them. The Schengen Area was created in 1985 and various foreign policy unifications had been attempted since the 70s.

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:
If you unzipped my pants, you would only find more pants.

eriktown posted:

I'm rewatching it right now and man, it's a lot gorier than I remembered. The soundtrack is suprisingly good.

I still cannot understand how it ever got made at all, much less four seasons of it.

Pretty sure you can blame Lexx on Canadian Content. It's a Canadian law that a certain percentage of any broadcaster's media must be Canadian, and the Canadian government has a whole fund set up to subsidize Canadian TV shows... The Canadian government paid for Lexx.

The joke is that Lexx is heads and shoulders above 90% of CanCon.

JULIAN ASSANGE fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 23, 2014

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Trent posted:

Eva Habermann and Xenia Seeberg are purdy ladies.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bruce Greenwood - the lensflare version of Captain Pike - has gone on record as being the guy actually singing "Two foot of buttcrack was all I could see" on the Dumb and Dumber soundtrack.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Gonz posted:

Turns out I actually hatewatched every episode of Lexx during it's original run.

I just recently watched that series for the first time (all the way through). There were parts I enjoyed, but a large percentage of it seemed to be some teenage rape fantasy in space.

Also, Zev > Xev and that Yo-Way-Yo song is super catchy.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

A logical conclusion, logically arrived at.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

Thankfully there are people like Riker and Kirk to continue to the human race.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Thankfully there are people like Riker and Kirk to continue to the human race.

Space Seed indeed :gizz:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Ok I'm on the second episode of Farscape. What the gently caress am I watching?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

A great show.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

You are watching the beginning of a man go insane as he tries to fill people full of little yellow bits of light.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The music that creeps up during tense moments is worth the whole thing.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

DemeaninDemon posted:

Farscape isn't "oh, just slog through the first season, it gets better" it's "oh, you think this is weird? Well, strap in, buddy. poo poo's about to get surreal."

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

DemeaninDemon posted:

Haha, man are you ever in for a trip. Just be sure and skip episode 14, "Jeremiah Crichton". Worst episode in the series, and you won't be missing any plot.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

eriktown posted:

Haha, man are you ever in for a trip. Just be sure and skip episode 14, "Jeremiah Crichton". Worst episode in the series, and you won't be missing any plot.

SKIP NOTHING WATCH ALL

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Zurui posted:

SKIP NOTHING WATCH ALL

Dude I don't even skip Threshold on Voyager watches. :getin:

I think the only episode I'll skip is the Geordi one discussed up above a bit. I just can't handle the goonlord.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

Unlike Star Trek series, Farscape gets good by about episode 6.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Most shows have an awful or mediocre first season and then completely ignore it once the show hits its stride.

Farscape takes all the one-off characters from the first season and throws them together for a multi-episode Ocean's 11 type heist. It's awesome.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Doctor Zero posted:

Only 41 more hours to kickstart Axanar, the best fan made anything in the history of everything. (Or at least it will be. Prelude was amazing.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194429923/star-trek-axanar

Thanks for the reminder! Only 22 hours left now.

DemeaninDemon posted:

The best 4 seasons + mini-series of Sci-Fi in existence.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

Not Lexx, thank god.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
Every Farscape season climax has the gang raiding some 'impenetrable' fortress. Then the main villain has to live with them for a while and slowly loses his mind over the realization that these people survive by the skin of their teeth every day; that for all his measured, logical strategies to capture the main character, he just can't compete with full-blown crazy. Farscape is loving boss.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Good lord this is amazing. I want an IASA vest.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I remember thinking farscape sucked big time when it originally aired, but I was a little babby then I guess. Should I give it another go?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Unequivocally YES.

In retrospect I'm incredibly surprised that the series lasted four seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Crichton is probably my favorite TV SF protagonist ever.

• Locked thread