Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

I love this picture - the one on the left has that look of "My armor protects me!" while the one on the right is scarred up and on the verge of tears because they don't make armor in her size, and the one in the middle is just like "Hey you remember that boss that tried to hit me once. ONCE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Captain_Indigo posted:

Perhaps tying in with the above, I want old folks. This may be crazy specific but I want old folks where it's played at least relatively straight and they are just old - not ancient zombiesque monsters.
The best source for Cool Old Adventurers is, without a doubt, Matataku. About half of it's fanart, but all of it's awesome.

Some examples:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I don't know if she counts as Swole, but hell yeah

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wow. That took an inordinate amount of time.
^And I was just going to post that as one of my findings.

(I personally love that last one, totally excuses the chest cones.)

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I have tons more character art, including many ladies with sharp weapons, at my dropbox here if you wanna take a look yourself.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

(I personally love that last one, totally excuses the chest cones.)

Those are there so that the men she kills know that it wasn't an aged and powerful knight that ended their lives, it was the old woman who spends her days giving out soup to the beggars in the marketplace.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I did a half-orc lady for Winson's 13th age game:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

These last few pages have been too fit. I want to see some fat heroes. Or villains! No random villagers, though. Anyone who looks more accustomed to violence than hunger. Stout warriors whose size is one of their greatest weapons, endomorphic wizards who think exercise is for muggles, veterans coming out of retirement after a few too many years of the easy life, decadent schemers whose gluttony for power is rivaled by their actual gluttony, or even just regular old adventurers with an unglamorous body type. Here's a few.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bongo Bill posted:

These last few pages have been too fit. I want to see some fat heroes. Or villains! No random villagers, though. Anyone who looks more accustomed to violence than hunger. Stout warriors whose size is one of their greatest weapons, endomorphic wizards who think exercise is for muggles, veterans coming out of retirement after a few too many years of the easy life, decadent schemers whose gluttony for power is rivaled by their actual gluttony, or even just regular old adventurers with an unglamorous body type. Here's a few.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So my buddy wants to play a teenage monk/rogue dude and is having trouble finding a picture that isn't A: from Fire Emblem, B: from Berserk, or C: a halfling that we're just pretending is a teenage human.

Anything out there for him, Hot Modron thread?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Crotch posted:

So my buddy wants to play a teenage monk/rogue dude and is having trouble finding a picture that isn't A: from Fire Emblem, B: from Berserk, or C: a halfling that we're just pretending is a teenage human.

dont worry, anime has you covered.

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 23, 2014

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I have one or two pictures that're definitely a big lady with a big weapon, the rest are debatable

And while they don't fit the muscles requirement, Monster Hunter does the big weapon part pretty well, especially with the hammer-type weapons

My request: I'm making a forest gnome rogue for a 5e game, anyone got any good gnomes?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

My request: I'm making a forest gnome rogue for a 5e game, anyone got any good gnomes?

I drew this a while back:

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

The Crotch posted:

e: I realized after I posted this that 'dude' could be used for 'guy' rather than 'non-specific person', but enjoy the bonus pictures anyway I guess.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 24, 2014

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

This picture speaks so many volumes about that dude. Kickin sense of style that hasnt been diminished by his size. If his fat rear end can make the walk to the duel, the kid can make it carrying his drat sword.

Theres a story here. And it ends in chicken.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
Bring me your halflings and your hobitseses!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Talkc posted:

This picture speaks so many volumes about that dude. Kickin sense of style that hasnt been diminished by his size. If his fat rear end can make the walk to the duel, the kid can make it carrying his drat sword.

Theres a story here. And it ends in chicken.

That's Falstaff and His Page, by Adolf Schrödter, 1841. But historical genre paintings like this make for some good modrons. Check out this tag for instance:

Knight On Horseback, Albrecht Dürer, 1498

St. George On Foot, Albrecht Dürer, 1502 (engraving)

A Heroine Florine of Burgundy, Gustave Dore, 1877 (lithograph)

An Enemy of the Crusaders, Gustave Dore

A Blackfeet Warrior on Horseback, Karl Bodmer, 1833

Guard, Jean-Léon Gérôme

Arnaut Officer, Jean-Léon Gérôme, 1857

A Bashi-Bazouk and his Dog, Jean-Léon Gérôme

Kyrgyz, Vasily Vereshchagin, 1870

Hero, Victor Vasnetsov

Farinata degli Uberti, Andrea del Castagno, 1450 (fresco)

Portrait of a Knight, Vittore Carpaccio, 1510 (oil)

Warrior Holding a Bow, Utagawa Sadatora

Magician, Costume Design, Alexandre Benois, 1957, for Stravinsky's ballet "Petrushka"

The Sorcerer of Hiva Oa (Marquesan Man in the Red Cape), Paul Gauguin, 1902

Or anything by Konstantin Vasilyev.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This came up on my wife's tumblr:

I really dig the coats. Honestly, I'd probably wear jackets like that in real life. Is there a technical name for them? Because I see them in, like, Italian duelist-era films or maybe Holy Roman Empire period stuff (like Warhammer Fantasy), but can't think of more specifics.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 24, 2014

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Looks inspired by Landsknechts (HRE-era German mercenaries) to me. I don't know if there is a specific name for them, or what it would be if there is.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I believe those are "paned" sleeves. I don't know if they're a specific sort of short jacket.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I've seen it referred to as puffed and slashed, but I don't know if that's the proper term.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I believe jackets that stop above the waist like that are cropped and the sleeves with an inner lining exposed like that are slashed sleeves. I don't know if they're combined in a way you can buy.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lotish posted:

I really dig the coats. Honestly, I'd probably wear jackets like that in real life. Is there a technical name for them? Because I see them in, like, Italian duelist-era films or maybe Holy Roman Empire period stuff (like Warhammer Fantasy), but can't think of more specifics.

Those are simply doublets, that are "puffed and slashed". The HRE stuff you are thinking of is inspired by landsknects, and they are good, yes.

Fake Edit: beaten

Actual Edit: One more rocking doublet'd landsknect to make up for it.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 24, 2014

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Lotish posted:

I had seen a series of sword lady trios in this style before and I did some digging and found they're done by This Guy

Here's more of his work:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This ones amazing, I loved the Moomins.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bongo Bill posted:

These last few pages have been too fit.

FR's Mirt the Moneylender proves you can pick locks with sausage fingers

And since you're allowing villains, there's a ton of different depictions of Dune's Baron Harkonnen

Scheming rich fat guys are the best, because the best excuse is living well.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007
Can I get some small rear end halflings? Like skinny wild type people? My campaign doesn't have halflings, instead they are quarterlings. They live in the jungles and are absolutely delish. In fact they are the traditional main course in my world's Thanksgiving-like-holiday.

Just some tiny wild people looking creatures.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Okay, I got a less silly request this time. I need art for an L5R game I'm planning set in the Iron Rokugan timeline from Imperial Histories 2. I need samurai and ashigaru with medieval guns. Lots of guns. In the meantime have some of the stuff I've dug up so far.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Lookin for pics of a fantasy male hard boiled detective. Preferably w/o a gun.

edit: stuff like this

alg fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 26, 2014

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Forums Terrorist posted:

Okay, I got a less silly request this time. I need art for an L5R game I'm planning set in the Iron Rokugan timeline from Imperial Histories 2. I need samurai and ashigaru with medieval guns. Lots of guns. In the meantime have some of the stuff I've dug up so far.

You could try looking for Shogun 2: Total War images

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

alg posted:

Might want to check out the Garret PI book covers, most of the time they're just straight up "noir detective in trenchcoat and fedora surrounded by fantasy thugs", ala:

Or even weirder.

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 26, 2014

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Lot's of good shots from the Film Ran:

From the film Heaven and Earth:

Really there's a lot of stuff out there if you need samurai with guns

From Harakiri:

and some other stuff:

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Any badass executioners, with the black hood and some sort of chopping weapon? Evil, good, it doesn't matter, WHAT IS MORALITY ANYWAY

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Not hooded but close enough

Also not really an executioner but still a kickass predator-jaguar-thing

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Something Else posted:

Any badass executioners, with the black hood and some sort of chopping weapon? Evil, good, it doesn't matter, WHAT IS MORALITY ANYWAY

Got a couple almosts.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I need an owl lady. Bonus points if she has a bow.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

I need an owl lady. Bonus points if she has a bow.

from here

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Something Else posted:

Here's a couple pics of Severian from The Book of the New Sun

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

alg posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

alg posted:

You want Sam Vimes from the Night's Watch Discworld books: