Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Iretep posted:

After realising I hate my default named halfling team I decided to give making a proper fling team a new go. I got this guy on a first try:

It's like he wants to go faster but can't :smith:

At least he can finally get block.

Or Sprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I know a bunch of people have said they've picked up the game, so I'd just like to remind anyone other newbies who want to play with goons that we do matchmaking in #tgbloodbowl on irc.synirc.org. There's almost always a couple of people up for games, including several other new players.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fool_of_sound posted:

I know a bunch of people have said they've picked up the game, so I'd just like to remind anyone other newbies who want to play with goons that we do matchmaking in #tgbloodbowl on irc.synirc.org. There's almost always a couple of people up for games, including several other new players.

Sweet may check it out later. Thanks man.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Match 12:siren:

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs All The Pieces Matter (MinRob, Skaven)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

What's the deal with the hate for Franken Castle? Did he get some mechanical penalty when I wasn't paying attention, or is it just "look at this lovely lineman who's only meant to be fodder for punches anyways"?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Literally gasped in horror when Santos got injured. I may be too invested in this team.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Santos bringing the thunder.
Rats getting put in the hospital.
Bullshit Catches.
Death.
And you didn't concede EZ touchdowns versus a team that can exploit the poo poo out of gently caress ups.

Good show. Looking forward to the second half.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

TheNabster posted:

Santos bringing the thunder.
Rats getting put in the hospital.
Bullshit Catches.
Death.
And you didn't concede EZ touchdowns versus a team that can exploit the poo poo out of gently caress ups.

Good show. Looking forward to the second half.

To be fair though he's kicking to rats and they're not all dead yet so this could still easily end 3-1 in favor of the rats.

Also Skaven get mutations because their society is literally based on having large amounts of basically radioactive poo poo around everywhere.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 23, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

NGDBSS posted:

What's the deal with the hate for Franken Castle? Did he get some mechanical penalty when I wasn't paying attention, or is it just "look at this lovely lineman who's only meant to be fodder for punches anyways"?

The first match he got KOed like 3 times and from then on he was always the first zombie to get hurt. I was probably the only one who truly hated him because he kept getting knocked out of matches constantly

Watching the match you don't really notice zombies go down because they're so inconsequential to the action but it's a huge pain to lose zombs when you're actually playing because it can limit your options quite a bit in non-obvious ways

Rip in piss, FC.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Speaking of zombies, we're gonna have to replace him. It's not like we can't, Zombies are cheap as chips.

What are we gonna call the next one?

I would vote for a Zombie with a wrestling name, just so we can give him Wrestle later. You can never have enough Wrestle.

EDIT: Alternatively just go the really easy/lazy route and call him Rob

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 23, 2014

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

TheNabster posted:

I would vote for a Zombie with a wrestling name, just so we can give him Wrestle later. You can never have enough Wrestle.

The Block.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
:rip: FrankenCastle, you were a zombie after my heart. Still haven't gotten over Pelvis Costello's induction to the Wrassle Zone, though.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Spike Deadly, surely.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

TheNabster posted:

Speaking of zombies, we're gonna have to replace him. It's not like we can't, Zombies are cheap as chips.

Franken Castle II

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

TheNabster posted:

Castle Doctrine sounds like a winner.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
We need to earn our replacement zombies. On the battlefield. I don't care if stealing someone else's man doesn't fit the naming scheme, that one off beat name will remind us of the murder we wrought.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
The 2nd half is shaping up to be a really bloody affair. If the Skaven team makes it through without losing or getting a positional permanently injured he will be a very, very lucky man. Hopefully you get to keep that guy.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

TheNabster posted:

Spinal Tap

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

We should wait and see if we get a trophy zombie. There's still the second half.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

CuwiKhons posted:

Spinal Tap

Works better as a team name. Also the name of my necro team in the last goonbowl. :v:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Oh btw in case you forgot from way back before the first video, any zombie I buy needs to have a backstory. So, if you're going to nominate a name, you need to tell me who he was and how he died

e- But of course posting names before the second half is posted is jumping the gun a bit

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
So uh, 3 minutes in and I have to pause because holy loving poo poo does Yapo have his Big Guy necessities wrong. Skaven absolutely need rat ogre? No. Orcs not having a troll? Are you mad? Chaos/CDwarf not using Minos? Maybe 20% of the time on people really squeezing their TV for all it's worth.

This is seriously 100% backwards from everything I've ever seen, played, or heard. Skaven are the #1 team I see not hire a big guy.... Okay #2 behind Wood Elfs.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

That is definitely not Yapo as the second commentator.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Co-commentator is Seven Deadly Sins.

Rogre is one of the best big guys.
Also, what the heck, only 2 mams on the linerat punch party. You deserve everything you get.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Next zombie should be Franken Castle, Jr., avenging his father's undeath.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Jade Star posted:

So uh, 3 minutes in and I have to pause because holy loving poo poo does Yapo have his Big Guy necessities wrong. Skaven absolutely need rat ogre? No. Orcs not having a troll? Are you mad? Chaos/CDwarf not using Minos? Maybe 20% of the time on people really squeezing their TV for all it's worth.

This is seriously 100% backwards from everything I've ever seen, played, or heard. Skaven are the #1 team I see not hire a big guy.... Okay #2 behind Wood Elfs.

While the Rogre is a boost in the punching game for Rats, they don't really need the Big guy. It's really prone to getting knocked out and if you want it to go anywhere but where it is you probably need it to blitz. I'll always use one because it is hilarious and I like a bashier team, but I can certainly see people not wanting to use one to keep all that TV on their Stormvermin and Gunners.

Also I personally don't use a Troll because they're unreliable and I'd rather use a regular lineman that can get block on normals and save myself the extra TV.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
You need a troll on an orc team like a human needs a soul. Sure you can walk around without a soul, but...

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Piell posted:

Sold on this,you will never escape GNU.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Piell posted:

needs more excessive backstory

When Franken Castle, Jr. found out about his father's pitiful death he swore vengeance upon the skaven and descended in a fury upon their tunnels. Within them however, he did not find revenge, only plague, rotting and despair. Having succumbed to this ruin Jr. closed his eyes for what he thought was the last time, only to wake up alone in the woods with nothing else in sight except one thing. The ball. It was at this moment that Jr. realized that the greatest revenge he could have was taking up his father's mantle and becoming a blood bowl player of true legend.

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation

Jade Star posted:

In open play I agree with you, rats don't need a rogre (but they're fun). In 1000 TV start tournament play, I find them to be incredibly useful since they're a huge force multiplier after about 3-4 games. Remember, a rat team is AMAZING out of the box (4 gunners, both Stormvermin, a Thrower and 3 rerolls). Unless you have positionals die, there is nothing left to buy. Linos are literally just there to get punched, let them be loners if they die. Adding a Rogre to the line means elves can't dodge away as easily at a point where they likely don't have dodge, that you can deal with other teams 4 strength players somewhat, AND you're taking away the sidelines.

Oh and GNU, that Franken Castle montage was everything I hoped it would be :allears:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

FoolyCharged posted:

needs more excessive backstory

When Franken Castle, Jr. found out about his father's pitiful death he swore vengeance upon the skaven and descended in a fury upon their tunnels. Within them however, he did not find revenge, only plague, rotting and despair. Having succumbed to this ruin Jr. closed his eyes for what he thought was the last time, only to wake up alone in the woods with nothing else in sight except one thing. The ball. It was at this moment that Jr. realized that the greatest revenge he could have was taking up his father's mantle and becoming a blood bowl player of true legend.

I would watch that movie/buy that comic book.

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010
I vote that GNU Order and Seven Deadly Sins go watch the Wire.

It's the best show ever made, and it should be a mandatory part of every person's life.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
All I'm saying is SDS and Yapo sound a lot alike when you don't sleep for ~24 hours.

(sorry guys)

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
So many great moments in this half. The safe 1db re-roll, rat bullshit and the accidental cholo-lean

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
The only big guy you NEED is the Bloodthirster. Everything else is down to personal taste. Having said that, minos on chaos are a bad idea, what's wrong with you Jade Star?

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010

CommaToes posted:

The only big guy you NEED is the Bloodthirster. Everything else is down to personal taste. Having said that, minos on chaos are a bad idea, what's wrong with you Jade Star?

Not getting a big guy means you hate fun and are basically Hitler.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Thanatz posted:

Chaos lets you make anything you want out of your normal guys. You can make foul appearance, big hand, tentacled beastmen. All a minotaur lets you do is have more strength. Funhaving on Chaos doesn't require a minotaur, if anything it's a detriment.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

CommaToes posted:

Chaos lets you make anything you want out of your normal guys. You can make foul appearance, big hand, tentacled beastmen. All a minotaur lets you do is have more strength. Funhaving on Chaos doesn't require a minotaur, if anything it's a detriment.

Ball carrier minotaur :colbert:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Iretep posted:

Ball carrier minotaur :colbert:

The cow is coming through!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Thanatz posted:

Hey, I am a fun haver that has a Krox with a TD made during a game against Wood Elves. My opponent was down with the idea of KroxBall, even though my hubris turned the win into a draw (2-2). Don't try Krox- or SaurusBall without firmly caging and a good supply of rerolls, kids.

What I'm saying is that you're only partly right, even Hitler can be a fun haver.

• Locked thread