Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Well I for one am sad that CoDAW won't becoming to the WiiU. I want to play it, but it would look better on WiiU than 360/PS3 (which I also have) or have off-TV play. I mean I didn't expect it would be on there, but given the choice I'd buy it there.

Advanced Warfare looks pretty sweet, you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought the bosses were ok but getting gold medals in their time trials is a pain because everything needs to go pretty much perfectly
This so hard. I got gold medals on every single level except 6-K and the boss levels.

CatsPajamas posted:

Looking at our very nice OP, there are a number of games coming out "Summer 2014" I haven't heard much about. Does anyone know about Nihilumbra, Siesta Fiesta, Tengami, or Wooden Sensey?
Nihilumbra was a game originally released on the PC. I believe there are some features that'll make the Wii U version worth getting over that one, though, like touch controls for those who prefer it. It's a game that's fairly good in terms of game concepts. The art looks okay in some areas, but is really inconsistent, and the sound is okay in some areas, but sometimes it really takes you out of the experience. The gameplay is what really keeps Nihilumbra going, as it introduces new ideas fairly often. The "main game" is only about 2 hours long, but the hard mode it unlocks features entirely redesigned levels which are WAY harder, so if you're up to that challenge, it's pretty fun.

Siesta Fiesta, as far as I'm aware, is an auto-scrolling breakout-style game. Looks like they actually have a fair amount of ideas, but the genre doesn't really interest me too much. That said, I should probably remove Siesta Fiesta, as it apparently isn't coming to the Wii U anymore.

Tengami, I honestly have no idea about beyond some screenshots/snippets of video.

Wooden Sen'Sey is made by Neko Entertainment, a developer which consistently manages to make games that are "just alright." The game has very lackluster sound design, and it's a little lacking in the tightness-of-controls department.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Akuma posted:

Did you mean to say Captain Toad Treasure Tracker because that's the name of the game you're talking about, so

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Nolgthorn posted:

Did you mean to say Captain Toad Treasure Tracker because that's the name of the game you're talking about, so

It's actually possible there could be a level made of sweets.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is it worth it to use the Wii versions of Wii Fit on a Wii U? I can get them and a balance board for free, but I dunno if it's all that worth it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

elf help book posted:

It's actually possible there could be a level made of sweets.
At this stage i'd be more surprised if there isn't one.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

Is it worth it to use the Wii versions of Wii Fit on a Wii U? I can get them and a balance board for free, but I dunno if it's all that worth it.

What do you mean "worth it"? You could be asking anything.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

noirstronaut posted:

As someone who has actually managed to nail down a consistent schedule for working out "thanks to Wii Fit U," I'd say that, if you're interested and you can get it for free, go for it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ultigonio posted:

This so hard. I got gold medals on every single level except 6-K and the boss levels.

Something that kinda bummed me out after getting gold in all time trials was finding out that there's actually a rank above gold for even faster times which I think people call shiny gold. There's no reward for getting one and the game doesn't even acknowledge if you get them all but yeah

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Wii Fit U is awesome if during an exercise one of my legs is wobbling all over the place it keeps track of that information and gives me something to do that works on relevant muscles. Yoga also is surprisingly good for posture.

Even if you don't turn the thing on the balance board is perfect for pushups.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Ultigonio posted:

Here's a tip for one of the bosses.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Help Im Alive posted:

Something that kinda bummed me out after getting gold in all time trials was finding out that there's actually a rank above gold for even faster times which I think people call shiny gold. There's no reward for getting one and the game doesn't even acknowledge if you get them all but yeah

I call it shimmering gold myself, but yeah. The time trials are already tough enough, I'm not enough of an overachiever, especially when there's no real reward.

Oh! By the way, I made some slight adjustments to the OP - all the changes pertain to the Upcoming Games section:
  • Siesta Fiesta has been removed.
  • The Fall has been added, with a release date of August 26th.
  • SteamWorld Dig has been added, with a release date of August 28th.
  • Falling Skies: The Game has been added, with a release date of September 30th.
  • Costume Quest 2 has been added, with a release date of Halloween 2014.
  • The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup has been added, with a release window of TBA 2014.
  • QUBE: Directors Cut has been added, with no release date.

I'm actually quite interested to try out The Fall, 'cause it looks really cool! I think I might still be missing some things, though....

edit: Skylanders: Trap Team also apparently has a release date proper, so that's added now, too - Oct 5 in NA, Oct 2 in Aus, Oct 10 in EU.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 23, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So my brother has buyers remorse over the Wii U and is going to give me his and sell mine, question is, can I transfer my Wii U profile to his Wii U, without erasing his poo poo?

He has more games but I bought some E-shop poo poo and would like to keep my save files.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Finally got through most of island 6 in Tropical Freeze, some of those levels looked cool as hell and as if they were designed tehre, holy poo poo!

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Alteisen posted:

So my brother has buyers remorse over the Wii U and is going to give me his and sell mine, question is, can I transfer my Wii U profile to his Wii U, without erasing his poo poo?

He has more games but I bought some E-shop poo poo and would like to keep my save files.

Nintendo posted:

If these Nintendo Network IDs are relinked, content purchased by them on the target Wii U will become available for download.

Source: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8983/~/wii-u-to-wii-u-system-transfer-faq-and-overview

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Akuma posted:

Well I for one am sad that CoDAW won't becoming to the WiiU. I want to play it, but it would look better on WiiU than 360/PS3 (which I also have) or have off-TV play. I mean I didn't expect it would be on there, but given the choice I'd buy it there.

I was ready to get back on the CODtrain for AW, I haven't played the last 4 or 5 CODs, but I was a big fan of the Wii games and I will never go back to dual analogue.
It's disappointing but not really surprising, their Wii ports sold millions but the WiiU still doesn't have the playerbase they want before committing.
:(:hf::(

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Actually, speaking of CoD didn't someone in the last thread say that Black Ops 2 with either the Gamepad or Wii Remote Plus was really good and people were still playing it? I meant to check that out after he mentioned it a handful of times but I got too caught up in a mix of W101 / MK8 / trying to beat Champion's Road. Can anyone else weigh in on that?

drat, that reminds me I keep meaning to get Rayman Legends whenever someone brings up how good that is as well. I got to write all this down somewhere.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If you want a COD on Wii U, I'd go with Ghosts. BO2 has worse netcode on Wii U. Ghosts also supports Wii Remote controls.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Akuma posted:

I wonder if it would be more cost effective for Activision to just switch to making a CoD Movie every year. The games are already 90% cutscenes so it's not like anyone would notice the difference.

poo poo, it doesn't even matter that it's not coming out for the Wii U because i'll be able to use the youtube app on it to get the same CoD "experience".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kin posted:

I wonder if it would be more cost effective for Activision to just switch to making a CoD Movie every year. The games are already 90% cutscenes so it's not like anyone would notice the difference.

poo poo, it doesn't even matter that it's not coming out for the Wii U because i'll be able to use the youtube app on it to get the same CoD "experience".
because people definitely don't buy the games for the multiplayer.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
People expecting the new Call of Duty to be good is about as good as people expecting that the NEXT Sonic game is gonna be the good one finally

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There have been some recent Sonic games that were in fact very good.

I can't speak for CoD but it's fanbase seems to like it fine.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Call of duty is not cute and does not belong on my cute console

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

whaley posted:

People expecting the new Call of Duty to be good is about as good as people expecting that the NEXT Sonic game is gonna be the good one finally
It really, really isn't like that at all. Most Call of Duty games are good.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Call of Duty is a pretty consistent franchise, where you can only argue about which is the best/worse in the series for subjective reasons- not like the Sonic franchise at all.
It's a popular punching bag for a lot of gamers and I've definitely fallen out of love with it, but it's not going away any time soon (except on WiiU) and it could easily reclaim the fps throne- if it's not still sitting there.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So I've been considering shelling out for a pro controller (as soon as I can scrape together the cash for it) and I've been wondering, can I use it for PC games the way I use my old 360 controller? I actually play a ton of games on my laptop and I'm really jonesing for a good controller to replace my old busted one.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

axleblaze posted:

There have been some recent Sonic games that were in fact very good.

Lost World was not a good game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

whaley posted:

Call of Duty games tend to be more fun than almost every modern Sonic.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

axleblaze posted:

Actually the fan base only complains about every game and says it isn't as good as the version that came out 2 years ago, which was the best version, even though 2 years ago they were complaining about it and comparing it to the version from 4 years ago

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

arguing about what the cod fanbase argues about itt

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

.TakaM posted:

arguing about what the cod fanbase argues about itt
personally i prefer a nice pan-fried cod with some cole slaw

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Alacron posted:

So I've been considering shelling out for a pro controller (as soon as I can scrape together the cash for it) and I've been wondering, can I use it for PC games the way I use my old 360 controller? I actually play a ton of games on my laptop and I'm really jonesing for a good controller to replace my old busted one.

Yes, buy this...

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Wii-Pro-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW

And it's as easy as plugging that in and playing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Davinci posted:

Lost World was not a good game.

Colors and Generations were very good though.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Commissar Ken posted:

Yes, buy this...

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Wii-Pro-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW

And it's as easy as plugging that in and playing.

Cool, thanks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

axleblaze posted:

Colors and Generations were very good though.

Generations was enjoyable but personally I was unable to get into Colors. I really wish they would have just made a sequel to Generations instead of Lost World.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
CoD's fun, I guess. If it wants to hang out on the Wii U with way better games I guess that's alright.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I really wish the Wii U had better voice chat features. I don't understand why they wouldn't attempt to copy what Microsoft did last gen with party chat and being able to easily invite friends across all games.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Serious answer? Because they're Japanese. No one in Japan cares about Microsoft's consoles, and Sony didn't have cross-game voice chat until the Vita either.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

If you want a COD on Wii U, I'd go with Ghosts. BO2 has worse netcode on Wii U. Ghosts also supports Wii Remote controls.

Body Odor II supports Wiimotes too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Serious answer? Because they're Japanese. No one in Japan cares about Microsoft's consoles, and Sony didn't have cross-game voice chat until the Vita either.

It's still a modern, basic feature and the WiiU definitely has the horsepower to have some VOIP stuff going on in the background between games. It's just Nintendo so "Why would you want to talk to people over the internet? Why not have people in the same room with you?"

• Locked thread