Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Agreed that both songs aren't particularly hard, but Aishiteru Banzai is just weird. Baby Maybe has a really fun chart though, finally full comboed it this morning. I'll get Aishiteru Banzai eventually, just need a couple more tries. Listen to my Heart is pretty fun too, and agreed that the new SR Hanayo is a cutie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Basically agree with the both of you. Aishteru Banzai not particularly hard, but has some weirdness that's giving me trouble. Baby Maybe pretty much easy mode for an expert song.

New job is keeping me pretty busy though. I know I'll regret it if I don't go for two cards on the event, but I legit may not have time this one.

e: aren't there supposed to be 4x/EX options for this one? What's up with that?

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 20, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Talking about an EX version of this event's song? If the Japanese game progression says anything, it'll be dropped on us next week. I think I'll need to gird my loins, Hard is already the most involving event song to date.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Holy poo poo

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Talking about an EX version of this event's song? If the Japanese game progression says anything, it'll be dropped on us next week. I think I'll need to gird my loins, Hard is already the most involving event song to date.

Ah alright cool. I just figured it'd be there at the start. Event if the EX version is brutal, it'll be nice to have the 4x Hard there.

Also, Expert Mogyutto isn't all that bad. I think I just get that song. Like rhythmically or whatever. Believe it may have been the first Hard song I full combo'd when I was starting out, in fact.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

I'm jealous. I still haven't full-combo'd any EX songs. This event song is pretty easy, though, so... maybe.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

There must be a lot of new players, because I'm a couple hundred places lower than I usually am at this time in the competition. Gotta step up my game.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

New players is good :) Maybe they'll repeat the early events so I can grab that extra SR Umi I didn't bother with.

I'm crushing it right now in this one though. Gonna be pretty busy at work next week so I figure I'll build a solid lead then coast a bit through the middle. Just shy of 10,000 points at the moment. Ranked mid 100s or so, though I don't plan on finishing sub-200. Doing alright in song rank too. My Pure team is really quite good considering I don't have a UR on it. Not quite as sick as yours, SH, but pretty decent all the same.

Sitting around rank ~170 on the song, but I can probably still get a bit more out of it, and figure I should be able to hold it under 200 as the event goes on.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I don't know about you guys but I'm biding my time just spending my naturally regenerating LP. If the new event modes are indeed coming, then the increased token cost of EX will burn out my 10-day savings in a hurry. Plus, all the EX scores will wipe out any Hard mode Score Ranking whatsoever.

then again the above may only apply to me because i am obsessed with giving myself an aneurysm on stupidly fast stages

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Plus, all the EX scores will wipe out any Hard mode Score Ranking whatsoever.

Oh yeah. Hadn't considered that. And now I have a look at it on youtube, it looks quite difficult.

e: :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N18BBdh2_r4

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 23, 2014

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Oh yeah. Hadn't considered that. And now I have a look at it on youtube, it looks quite difficult.

e: :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N18BBdh2_r4

Why would you play one-handed? WHY!?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
because how else are you going to pleasure yourself?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

The best way to play is whichever way that's more comfortable for you really, like if you want to do something with another hand you can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BtQuTGaAb8

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
That is some godlike hand-eye coordination skills going on there.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm pretty sure that downloading this put me on the no-fly list, but I've done it. 489211788 as ChiknCow.

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 24, 2014

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

I changed my in-game user name. I'm now にこハレーション (Nico Halation.)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Which reminds me, I totally never put my ID in this thread. 818814815 リード☆SA

SideCav, I guess you were already in my request queue or something v:shobon:v Anyhow I approved it. Sent out a few others also, and I'll try to make room for any goons if I can. There are a few people on my list still using Rs as leaders that I'm itching to get rid of, but they've been there a long time and still play regularly so I feel a bit bad doing it even though I know they must have an event SR or two at the very least.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
^your ID# is extremely lucky in Chinese.

I made one more space in my list. Please stick yourself in it if you haven't already.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 24, 2014

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Got my first Rare triple -- third Nozomi Tojo (all three Cool). Obviously, her stats are better than most of my normals -- hang onto her, or fuse her into the idolized one?

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 25, 2014

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

delfin posted:

Got my first Rare triple -- third Nozomi Tojo (all three Cool). Obviously, her stats are better than most of my normals -- hang onto her, or fuse her into the idolized one?

Always idolize.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
So, hang onto her until I get a fourth and thus have two Idolized Nozomis?

Actually, that brings up another question. For obvious reasons, the game feeds me a metric ton of commons. I've idolized one of each I've gotten, naturally, but beyond that are they simply practice / sale fodder because they have no skills?

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 25, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Correct. Normals exist so that you can max them out on levels/bond to count towards Album Rewards. The game even supports this by giving new limited-edition Ns every event and making new ones available in regular Scouting after every event.

And with regards to Rares, use whichever idolized ones you have, there's no penalty for duplicates or anything.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

:negative:

Like half a dozen times. And always in a different place. :sigh:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

ReidRansom posted:

:negative:

Like half a dozen times. And always in a different place. :sigh:

I know that one all too well. At this rate I'm never full-comboing that song before it goes away.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Same, except it's Mogyutto Love in my case. If it isn't near the beginning, it's always right at the last charge note.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Keeping up the theme

:negative:.... Just cut me a break, game. At least there are a few days left on this one. I should be able to get it in time.

Also, Listen to My Heart EX is pretty tough. I actually failed it the first time. Second go went much better, S ranked it, but didn't even manage a C combo. And it takes an S/A to beat the points/badge of Hard S/S. I'll give it one more go probably for shits and score, but unless I'm feeling really comfortable on rank I'll likely stick to Hard, personally.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
To be honest I really love Listen to my Heart EX. It's pretty hard, but there's something about the chart that feels good to play; it's the same feeling I had when I tried Baby Maybe EX for the first time.

I couldn't manage a C combo either, but I want to keep playing this.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I was totally ready to spam EX until I found out that its score wouldn't be used in the event ranking.

Then I ran out of leaves doing all levels of 4x modes. I don't even have the event's SR card yet. Should have had faith that it was going to come.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If you do end up spending Gems on the Honor Student Box, make sure to look for any cards with the Skill effect that says in beautiful Engrish "The award is fortified". This is Perfect Lock. It is the only skill that is mandatory to do well on Hard and Expert songs unless you are literally a robot with capacitative finger simulators.

I have been playing this game since it came out in may but never saw this thread. What's this mean and does it apply to the 11-draw guaranteed SR events? I've been doing fine FC'ing most hard and expert songs and I don't think any of my characters have this but do I have to look through each character (in 11-draw) to find it? Does it apply to rares or only super/ultra rares?

e: "The award is fortified" should be in the skill box where perfect/timer charms are right?

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
only SR/UR, its a skill like the charm and other stuff and if you fc and S score EX somgs anyway its not really necessary, just makes all your goods and greats into perfect

still want a whole team of them for loving soldier game and other stuff

also gotta slow down with the event, i want the three gems and not a dang scouting ticket

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I was totally ready to spam EX until I found out that its score wouldn't be used in the event ranking.

That was as bit of a relief for me. I don't doubt that I could do well on Expert with a bit of practice, but an event makes it costly to do. Also I got pushed a few spots out of 200 again :argh:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ok thanks. Soldier game is the one ex I don't like doing but the other ex are fine aside from a couple parts.

I tried watching the anime and I don't think I got past an episode or two but is it supposed to be anime glee? It's all moe kawaii desu stuff but I don't see how it ever got popular cuz the voices get p irritating.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Chill la Chill posted:

Ok thanks. Soldier game is the one ex I don't like doing but the other ex are fine aside from a couple parts.

I tried watching the anime and I don't think I got past an episode or two but is it supposed to be anime glee? It's all moe kawaii desu stuff but I don't see how it ever got popular cuz the voices get p irritating.

There actually is a joke on how Love Live is basically an anime Glee. And the only voice Japanese fans disliked was Maki's voice, due to her VA being a singer and not a voice actress with her stiff delivery...and even then they warmed up to her. You're right that it's pretty much moe kawaii desu stuff; it's an anime about high school girls who sing and dance, can't say much else.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I should show this to my little cousins and nieces cuz they would probably get a kick out of playing a girl version of rock band. And start their slow descent into animes. That's probably the intended audience anyway, aside from the creepy pervs who like moe kawaii stuff

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Chill la Chill posted:

Going to jam this into the piece of the OP you were wondering about

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chill la Chill posted:

I should show this to my little cousins and nieces cuz they would probably get a kick out of playing a girl version of rock band. And start their slow descent into animes. That's probably the intended audience anyway, aside from the creepy pervs who like moe kawaii stuff

the intended audience is always the people who buy blu rays and merch

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

PotU posted:

the intended audience is always the people who buy blu rays and merch

Yeah the audience is me, who's buying nendos and gonna buy the blurays, but that doesn't mean my daughter can't enjoy it too. She also thinks nico is best girl.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Aku posted:

To be honest I really love Listen to my Heart EX. It's pretty hard, but there's something about the chart that feels good to play; it's the same feeling I had when I tried Baby Maybe EX for the first time.

I couldn't manage a C combo either, but I want to keep playing this.

After my second sloppy clear on the song I'd have to say I really would have liked the EX version to be available at the beginning of the event. It's got a lot of fun switches if you're playing with thumbs and I wish I had more leaves to catch on to all of them.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I don't know how they do it. The worst part is messing up in the middle so I don't have enough gems for this period's 11-draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've almost given up on Soldier Game. The odd time I manage the middle bit, I gently caress it up somewhere else. But in the meantime,

At least I've got this one out of the way.

• Locked thread