Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

finally googled pics of Zoe quinn nude

for such a fat chick she sure has small titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Best Friends posted:

i am extremely angry a lady slept with some people or something

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Joust posted:

The only way depression quest helps people with depression is if they kill themselves right after.

Too bad Robin Williams loved video games or else he might've avoided his fate.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
want that doritos hat

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Every girl who doesn't sleep with me is a tremendous slut i agree.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Too bad Robin Williams loved video games or else he might've avoided his fate.

Jesus christ :thurman:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

tranime scholar posted:

want that doritos hat

Same.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Is there anyone on any side of this who isn't acting like a shithead?

The people who are mounting any case against Quinn are at least partially a bunch of lovely meganerds gangpiling onto a fairly benign woman because they perceive her as a target they can actually hit without much fear of reprisal, while the people supporting her seem to be ensconced in a bubble of victimization and refuse to acknowledge that there's any sort of underlying issue here other than misogyny and internet bullying because this was started by a bitter ex and involves a woman's sex life.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

The only thing bullshit about this story is that these people are earnestly referred to as game developers, their games are the equivalent of early 2000's yahoo chat channel regulars who would spend all week using Fruity Loops to make a lovely song while pretending to be musicians

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
A wonderful tribute to GOTY: http://oppressionquest.com/

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

mind the walrus posted:

The people who are mounting any case against Quinn are at least partially a bunch of lovely meganerds gangpiling onto a fairly benign woman because they perceive her as a target they can actually hit without much fear of reprisal, while the people supporting her seem to be ensconced in a bubble of victimization and refuse to acknowledge that there's any sort of underlying issue here other than misogyny and internet bullying because this was started by a bitter ex and involves a woman's sex life.

It's just all a ploy for her to get free money out of betalords on twitter/tumblr that hope acting all nice to girls will get them laid one day

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

this is good, to me.

mind the walrus posted:

definitively no. get a snack and some beer and enjoy the ride :hchatter:

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
I don't know what's going on and I only care that reddit is being set on fire for retarded bullshit.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

I don't think this word means what you think it means.

Anyway yeah I do think there are people involved in this that aren't shitheads.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

It's been 100 pages, but I still have no idea what the gently caress Doxing is???

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

mind the walrus posted:

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

mind the walrus posted:

the problem is that people are even talking about it in the first place. its such a complete loving non-issue. some girl cheated on her boyfriend, whoop-dee-loving-doo. and yes I am very aware of the inherent irony in my writing of this post, thank you very much.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

we really need another vietnam

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Junkfist posted:

haha, someone made this game in like 2 days and how long did it take her to make her own lovely game?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You silly bint I meant it in the sense of non-malignant. Sure her alleged lack of ethics is disgusting but it's not like she's actively poisoning the world of game development outside of maybe her own tiny corner.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Junkfist posted:

Dammit someone beat me to it.

Also this game is awesome and legit better than depression quest.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yivgev posted:

definitively no. get a snack and some beer and enjoy the ride :hchatter:

This sounds about right I'm afraid.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

hahahaha jesus

california roll
Feb 23, 2009

california roll fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 24, 2014

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
i dont even care who this slut hosed anyways lol

slut

edit: cuck

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

mind the walrus posted:

You silly bint I meant it in the sense of non-malignant. Sure her alleged lack of ethics is disgusting but it's not like she's actively poisoning the world of game development outside of maybe her own tiny corner.

Well, her own corner seems mighty big if that stuff about indie devs having to suck up to her is true.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

mind the walrus posted:

You're right, but I think you're taking the outrage over this as direct outrage at Zoe Quinn destroying ~Video Game Ethics~ or whatever was supposed to be destroyed. From as much as I can tell, people are upset because this is pretty much direct confirmation of poo poo they've suspected for a long time about the industry. So this is the retarded Internet equivalent of a riot or something. I just know it's loving hilarious.

Codependent Poster posted:

haha, someone made this game in like 2 days and how long did it take her to make her own lovely game?

You can barely even call Depression Quest a game, it was created with a prefab engine (a la RPG Maker) and she didn't even try to push any of the boundaries on it one bit like you see with people doing with RPG Maker (The Way) or people with Game Maker (Risk of Rain, etc). She just filled in all the text fields. It's a joke.

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
is phil fish in jail yet

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Junkfist posted:

lmao

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

"Journalism"

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

california roll posted:

is phil fish in jail yet

No but the prayer is alive.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

california roll posted:

is phil fish in jail yet

No, but he's doing his best to end up there.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

california roll posted:

is phil fish in jail yet

reports indicate that hes in jail and is threatening to throw himself further into jail if the guards dont say more nice things about Fez

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Isn't the term "Crucifixion"?

No, poo poo, wait I mean *faaaaaaart*

More like Crucifiction.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i wish he'd throw himself into a 6' deep hole in the ground

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Falsum posted:

Well, her own corner seems mighty big if that stuff about indie devs having to suck up to her is true.

Even if it isn't, no one can say anything bad about Mr.Quinn without being shouted down by tumblrites, so her sway over such a large number of people is pretty annoying. Shits fascinating nonetheless.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
A bunch of sexist dudes don't like games being critiqued on grounds of sexism or analyzed as political works, like literally any other media. They construct a conspiracy in their minds, that this is surely the result of 'corruption' in games journalism, rather than a necessary precondition for gaming evolving as an actual artform.

So a woman suspected of sleeping with a gaming journalist for positive reviews is A Big Deal because it 'confirms' their dumb rear end ideas about a feminist-freemason-whatever conspiracy.

That's literally the only reason this is a big deal: the confirmation bias of paranoid nerds.

Like it's clearly unprofessional and zoe is clearly a bad person, but is this response in any way proportional to whatever she did?

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

rudatron posted:

A bunch of sexist dudes don't like games being critiqued on grounds of sexism or analyzed as political works, like literally any other media. They construct a conspiracy in their minds, that this is surely the result of 'corruption' in games journalism, rather than a necessary precondition for gaming evolving as an actual artform.

So a woman suspected of sleeping with a gaming journalist for positive reviews is A Big Deal because it 'confirms' their dumb rear end ideas about a feminist-freemason-whatever conspiracy.

That's literally the only reason this is a big deal: the confirmation bias of paranoid nerds.

SHES JUST A GIIIIIIIRL :qq:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
source your quotes, thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
that rapist from cards against humanity should have tried to say that his critics where just a bunch of misandrists, i'm sure that would have turned out in his favor :frogbon:

• Locked thread