Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Green is the color of nature.

Irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Look, it's simple.

Synthesis leads to the Megaman Legends future.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Flytrap posted:

Look, it's simple.

Impossible.

Mass Effect is actually getting a sequel

:v:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Personally I like to imagine it leads to Starfox.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It lead to this thread.

:shepicide:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

ungulateman posted:

After playing through its ending again, I find it hard to believe anyone can defend the Green ending of ME3. Who looks at End-Boss Robo-Saren and thinks "Well, clearly if this was Shepard instead all the problems would be solved and this would be a satisfying ending to the series!"?
There's a few arguments to be made here. One is that different mechanics are employed - it's poorly cobbled-together cybernetics versus reality-altering space magic. A bit like Deus Ex' Gunther Hermann versus JC Denton. Another is that there's a more fundamental difference, like Covok and Kurieg said: Saren is really advocating subjugation/submission through technology, Synthesis is about creating equality. And finally, the EC makes it plain that Synthesis is the "best" choice by only showing, essentially, happy end pictures.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
OP: "You can talk about spoilers and stuff if you like but please don't just argue about the ending."
Thread: argues about ending.
OP: "OK, I gave you a chance and you blew it. No more spoilers please."

Burn the LP forum.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Soricidus posted:

OP: "You can talk about spoilers and stuff if you like but please don't just argue about the ending."
OP: "OK, I gave you a chance and you blew it. No more spoilers please."

Burn the LP forum.

hey the thread got another few pages in before devolving to ending chat again.

Burn the LP forum.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Waltzing Along posted:

Green is the color of nature.

Irony.

Red, blue and green are also the colors of Azerbaijan!

Coincidence?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh we're not supposed to do spoilers now? I can live with that.

BTW Lt. Danger are we going to be seeing ~my waifu~ face in this LP?

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 24, 2014

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

My Shepard is incel so no romance, but I'll probably talk about it when we get to the shakier bits of the game.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Not romancing one of the ME3 teammates kinda makes the ending worse. There's no platonic versions of the final farewell scene, which I didn't know the first time I played with a single Shepard.

I just remember thinking it felt weird there wasn't a scene there, even without knowing there could have been.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lt. Danger posted:

My Shepard is incel so no romance, but I'll probably talk about it when we get to the shakier bits of the game.
In the dark future of the ME3 LP, there is no time for romance, character interaction or jokes. Only white people thematic analysis.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Tali was always my favorite character, so I always romanced her, but after I figured out Cortez and Whatsherface were romance options in ME3 all my Shepards were gay

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Romancing teammates involves leaving them alive. And that would detract from the list of all the people you purposely killed.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

My straight-faced camp reading bristles at a squandered opportunity to turn up the heat with James Vega, but I suppose Mass Effect is an open text.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Romancing teammates involves leaving them alive. And that would detract from the list of all the people you purposely killed.

The amount of hoops you need to jump through to get Miranda killed is ridiculous.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

double nine posted:

The amount of hoops you need to jump through to get Miranda killed is ridiculous.

Grunt will die from a shot to the gut, but Miranda will get shot, fall down, then pop back up saying she is just fine. Miranda was definitely a dev's waifu.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Flytrap posted:

Look, it's simple.

If it meant we'd actually get Megaman Legends 3, I'd take it. :smith:

double nine posted:

And it's still 100% worth it.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I romanced Mirana in ME2 and then she died in ME3 because I didn't send her an e-mail I never knew I had the option to send. :sigh:

Agreed that she's obtusely hard to kill in ME2 for no particular reason, though.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

I did actually sort of ask if anyone wanted me to romance Cortez, but nobody said anything at the time.

Do you want me to gay romance shuttle pilot Steve Cortezactually I'll wait to ask this after next video.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lt. Danger posted:

I did actually sort of ask if anyone wanted me to romance Cortez, but nobody said anything at the time.

Do you want me to gay romance shuttle pilot Steve Cortezactually I'll wait to ask this after next video.

If you do this, you will actually be showing one of the things about the game that is good. Is this the first AAA game that blatantly allows homosexuality?

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Javik needs a romance option.

I think the story is missing the possibility where you don't screw, instead you just focus on the terror of the reapers.

Javik's whiny bullshit needs a moment where you say 'hey, so you suck at your job, amirite?'

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Waltzing Along posted:

If you do this, you will actually be showing one of the things about the game that is good. Is this the first AAA game that blatantly allows homosexuality?

Jade Empire also had homosexuality.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Lt. Danger posted:

The gayer the better, I say, but I also kind of like the idea of incel Shepard, since I have honestly never done it

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Among my people there were avatars of many traits. Bravery, strength, cunning; a single exemplar for each. I ... am the embodiment of fisting.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Steve is cool, go for it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

More people need to realize that Citadel is the best DLC

Note: there are obviously Citadel DLC spoilers in that link.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Covok posted:

Jade Empire also had homosexuality.

Nobody played Jade Empire dammit!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Arglebargle III posted:

Nobody played Jade Empire dammit!

It also wasn't a AAA game, afaik.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

It also wasn't a AAA game, afaik.

Pretty sure Dragon Age let you do a same-sex relationship with the not-Alistair romanceable male and the not-Morrigan romanceable female.

Never played DA2, but I was under the impression that it not only allowed you to do a gay relationship, but made it infamously easy to accidentally end up in one.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Seyser Koze posted:

Pretty sure Dragon Age let you do a same-sex relationship with the not-Alistair romanceable male and the not-Morrigan romanceable female.

Never played DA2, but I was under the impression that it not only allowed you to do a gay relationship, but made it infamously easy to accidentally end up in one.

Well, DA is pretty gay, so that makes sense.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Soricidus posted:

Among my people there were avatars of many traits. Bravery, strength, cunning; a single exemplar for each. I ... am the embodiment of fisting.

Just replace all of Javik's verbs with fisting.

"I will never tire of fisting the primitives!"

"Fisting is the goal... Suicide is not."

"It will be my first fisting. But not the last."

I'm down for Lt. Danger romancing Cortez, simply because I've never done it myself during any of my runs.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Soricidus posted:

Biotic fisting is best fisting.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Iamblikhos posted:

Biotic fisting is best fisting.

"I WILL DESTROY YOU! :black101:"

Dear god, that takes on a whole other meaning now. :staredog:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

double nine posted:

I had sex with her in ME2, then told her it wa over in ME3, and that meant she died no matter what. Easy as pie :smug:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The Dick of Death!

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

2house2fly posted:

I had sex with her in ME2, then told her it wa over in ME3, and that meant she died no matter what. Easy as pie :smug:

I don't really get all the hate for Miranda. I mean, she's actually more coherent as a character than many of the fan favorites.

I guess nerds don't know how to deal with back-talk even from pixel women...

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I didn't like her because I got a distinct dev :jerkbag: vibe from her character. In fact considering that the first shots of her in ME2 were rear end shots I was pretty miffed and benched her as soon as I could. That and Jack's whiny BS was far more entertaining than Miranda's I am perfect at everything :smug: and that's why my face looks like pudding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Aces High posted:

I didn't like her because I got a distinct dev :jerkbag: vibe from her character. In fact considering that the first shots of her in ME2 were rear end shots I was pretty miffed and benched her as soon as I could. That and Jack's whiny BS was far more entertaining than Miranda's I am perfect at everything :smug: and that's why my face looks like pudding

This is pretty much par for the course as to why Miranda gets a lot of flak. She isn't exactly very likeable with her smugness, and she's such obvious fanservice that a lot of folks tune her out. While she is more of a coherent character among the crew of ME2 when it comes to how she was written, that's also her weakness. She's kind of a Babe-Sue at the end of the day, and she represents strongly the narrative/character departure that ME2 took from ME1.

• Locked thread