Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

I can't wait to unlock those kickin' rad sunglasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Undead Muppet posted:

This quote made me realize that I'm still surprised no company has ever repackaged and marketed a pre-workout powder (which tend to be packed with caffeine and other mental stimulants) as a hardcore gaming product.

We should make it happen. Call it Double XP or something.

What's likely to happen with the movement mechanics in future CoDs from the other studios? There's no way they could go back to plain old running around like a loser and not have double jumps etc.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Co-op mode for AW will be four players. The markings on the controller have nothing to do with it. Put away your tinfoil hats.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08...lated-to-co-op/

Exosuit was designed as a response to everyone saying they wanted change and innovation in call of duty. Little did they know that's not at all what people wanted and they're ruining call of duty because of it.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08...ion-and-change/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's likely to happen with the movement mechanics in future CoDs from the other studios? There's no way they could go back to plain old running around like a loser and not have double jumps etc.

They could continue the future timeline for at least two to three games, while having alternate historical/modern day products in between.
Three (main) studios for one franchise can get a lot done.

Strategic partnership with (FN) P90X workout promotion.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Macys posted:

They could continue the future timeline for at least two to three games, while having alternate historical/modern day products in between.
Three (main) studios for one franchise can get a lot done.

Strategic partnership with (FN) P90X workout promotion.

It's doubtful that Treyarch and Infinity Ward would release titles under the Advanced Warfare lineage. It'll be interesting to see what those two do with the exosuit stuff.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The re-skin for next year is the Old West. 1886!

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

mechs

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Soon cod will turn into WarHammer 40k and it'll just be giant man-babies and robot skulls. Kill streaks will be the emperor blessing the battlefield with holy light.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

sunday at work posted:

The Model 1887 in its natural habitat.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Conderhaar has confirmed has confirmed that exo batteries do not recharge at all; you get one charge per life. I guess that's fine for most of the abilities, but it makes hover (and possibly the shield) sound really unappealing.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Eh, I only want to hover long enough to fire my tubes and rockets and arm grenades at the objective.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

The Merry Marauder posted:

Eh, I only want to hover long enough to fire my tubes and rockets and arm grenades at the objective.

Speaking of tubes... I haven't seen any underbarrel weapons listed yet.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Around 0:38 he does attachments.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I just realized that a hoppy suit with a trophy system built in could go hilariously wrong in hardcore.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Oh yes.

This is the very reason APS are...unpopular with cooperating infantry.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

sunday at work posted:

or go back in time to prevent makarov from being born, thus re-hashing the ENTIRE modern Warfare series.

Oh gently caress me that Parabolic Microphone attachment is gonna make everything suck.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'm glad they're sticking with the Blogs 2 weapons attachments generally. Makes everything seem like a balancing act.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

sunday at work posted:

It's just going to be horses level of Blops 2 repeated 17 times.

also, parabolic mic owns

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Parabolic Mic for attachment of the year 2014.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
That attachment has caused a decent amount of bitching from stealth players.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Thank you parabolic mic.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm glad they're sticking with the Blogs 2 weapons attachments generally. Makes everything seem like a balancing act.

Yeah, actually making attachments matter is definitely the way to go. It was so dumb that they were reduced to the absolute minimum impact in Ghosts just so they could create a ton of perks.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

JackGeneric posted:

Conderhaar has confirmed has confirmed that exo batteries do not recharge at all; you get one charge per life. I guess that's fine for most of the abilities, but it makes hover (and possibly the shield) sound really unappealing.

Once per life? What's the loving point? That sounds really dumb. That seems like something that should have been a rechargeable battery and recharge time is different for each ability. But what do I know.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

They daren't change too much too soon! Else MLG will storm the Sledgehammer offices!

After restricting the tactics and weapons to be used, of course.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Wazzit posted:

Once per life? What's the loving point? That sounds really dumb. That seems like something that should have been a rechargeable battery and recharge time is different for each ability. But what do I know.

I can see where recharging exo batteries lead, and I'm not going to be party to your nightmarish hellscape where a person can hover in the sky and be an easy target for 10 seconds per life instead of 5

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 25, 2014

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

They're tactical equipment with a different name. Right down to a wild card letting you take two.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I may have been playing too much Titanfall.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wazzit posted:

I can't help but think of the Stim ability in Titanfall and how you can pop it to instantly start health regen basically whenever you want. It's not terribly unbalanced in that game because that game (to its great detriment!) is more about farming bots and using Titans than pilot-to-pilot PVP anyway, but it could get seriously out of hand in CoD.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Somebody tell me what the parabolic mic does? Does it make ghost guys make fart noises?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zombie Boat posted:

Somebody tell me what the parabolic mic does? Does it make ghost guys make fart noises?

Yes. Also let's you hear silenced guns, I think.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

People who fire silenced guns show up on the mini-map.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

They should just counter that with an obnoxious attachment that makes your gun louder and makes your red dot on the radar 5 times the size.

iwantcheats
Aug 25, 2014

JackGeneric posted:

That happens with every CoD release, just due to the offset of development schedules, but yeah, I'd be fine if everybody ignored Ghosts forever. There were what, maybe two good ideas in Ghosts? Making the underbarrel shotgun work (or work better, at least), and DMRs as a separate class.

Oh, and the support squaddie. Anything else?

CoD Ghosts was freaking horrible, maybe one of the worst games in the history of Call of Duty?

I think Advanced Warfare will end up being pretty awesome, I pre ordered it.

Don't hit me. :a2m:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

iwantcheats posted:

CoD Ghosts was freaking horrible, maybe one of the worst games in the history of Call of Duty?

JackGeneric posted:

That happens with every CoD release.

I'm not sure if any of us actually liked Ghosts outside of Extinction. I mean it wasn't too bad for the couple of months but it got stale very quickly and especially after they nerfed the Spoon Man Special™.

I've also pre-ordered Advanced Warfare in the hopes that I can still find a group to play with after December, if not then we can just go back to Blops 1/2 or MW3 again.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

iwantcheats posted:

CoD 3 Black Ops Declassified for the Vita was the worst CoD. Accept no substitutes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

CoD 3 Black Ops Declassified for the Vita was the worst CoD. Accept no substitutes.

All call of dutys on the Wii say hi.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I'm not sure if any of us actually liked Ghosts outside of Extinction. I mean it wasn't too bad for the couple of months but it got stale very quickly and especially after they nerfed the Spoon Man Special™.

I generally love the IW releases and am a lot more unfair to Treyarch (hated WaW with a passion, tolerated BlOps, loved BlOps 2 though), but Ghosts has been atrocious for me from day one. Apart from the obvious problems with it (and the fact it doesn't like my net connection - lag city), the in-game sounds are boring as hell. Earning a Buzzkill or levelling up in MW2 (and MW3 so far as I remember), you got this class buzz noise and electric guitar track etc.

It feels like, if I earn anything like that in Ghosts, I hardly know because there's no Pavlovian audible cue to let me know when I've been a good dog. If there is, it's not working.

I wish the TTK would resemble Titanfall to be honest. There are so fewer "BULLSHIT!" moments in that game - when I die, I feel like I deserved it. Apples and oranges to an extent, I know, but... you know?

Also, I hear little rage from people in Titanfall games. The angriest person I heard was in a match the other day - "Bah, I'd be awful in a real war." Call of Duty takes my blood pressure to the moon.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 25, 2014

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All call of dutys on the Wii say hi.

Hey, those were just low-res versions of the originals. The only things they were missing were the player-controlled streaks. Its not like the Vita COD which was a rushed abomination of BLOPS 1.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I generally love the IW releases and am a lot more unfair to Treyarch (hated WaW with a passion, tolerated BlOps, loved BlOps 2 though), but Ghosts has been atrocious for me from day one. Apart from the obvious problems with it (and the fact it doesn't like my net connection - lag city), the in-game sounds are boring as hell. Earning a Buzzkill or levelling up in MW2 (and MW3 so far as I remember), you got this class buzz noise and electric guitar track etc.

It feels like, if I earn anything like that in Ghosts, I hardly know because there's no Pavlovian audible cue to let me know when I've been a good dog. If there is, it's not working.

I wish the TTK would resemble Titanfall to be honest. There are so fewer "BULLSHIT!" moments in that game - when I die, I feel like I deserved it. Apples and oranges to an extent, I know, but... you know?

Also, I hear little rage from people in Titanfall games. The angriest person I heard was in a match the other day - "Bah, I'd be awful in a real war." Call of Duty takes my blood pressure to the moon.

Of all the problems with Ghosts, I think the most blatant is just that it's just so boring. I came back after taking a break, and there just wasn't any build I wanted to make, any lovely gun I wanted to practice with, any map I wanted to play, any killstreak I wanted to earn. MW3 was an unbalanced shitshow that barely advanced the series, but at least you could occasionally have fun running around with double Deagles or a thermal L86 on drop zone.

And yeah, the progression system sucks. I thought I'd like the idea of buy what you want when you want, but it just did not work right. At launch, you spent three games scraping together for a muzzle brake, and now they dump 60 points in your lap every game. Totally unsatisfying either way. I mean, you like to feel like you're above the Skinner Box tactics, but I did all 10 prestiges and a good chunk of the challenges in Blops 2, and I didn't manage make it to a single prestige in Ghosts.

Blops 2 was my favorite, so I'm pretty happy with AW looks to be shaping up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Getting my One today, woop. :ralp:

• Locked thread