Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Panty Saluter posted:

i finally figured out why witcher 2 did not capture my imagination so much

the whole witcher universe is based around talking to people and forming relationships and intrigue and poo poo that i dont care about

i just want to wander around stabbing things and thats why skyrim is exactly my speed - none of that tedious interpersonal interaction

skyrim knows you don't give a gently caress so that's why the quests are like "here's a talking dog go do poo poo for him"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i wish i could erase all of my memory of morrowind and replay that (with better graphics and a mod to remove (trigger warning) cliffracers)

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

beat every x-1 boss in demons souls
too drunk/alone to beat the rest now
cant wait to crawl through the x-2 bosses over thenext week

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Cold on a Cob posted:

i wish i could erase all of my memory of morrowind and replay that (with better graphics and a mod to remove (trigger warning) cliffracers)

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

also not poo poo combat

but not oblivion/skyrim combat either

i dunno what i want

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Miley Virus posted:

also not poo poo combat

i dunno what i want

dks2 combat best combat

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
skyrims combat is ok just mostly unremarkable really

i may be alone here but i kinda enjoy it

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Sagebrush posted:

lol but seriously, yes, exactly that

you know how many 8-way hat switches that thing has? seven
from what ive heard its a legit great hotas. saitek has a new x-55 out to replace the kinda lovely x-65f. i kinda want it for dcs + new il-2, but my x-52 still works great so i cant really justify it

that reminds me that i need to go and bring my trackir and hotas over to my apartment. gonna sperg out and fly :getin:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Panty Saluter posted:

skyrims combat is ok just mostly unremarkable really

i may be alone here but i kinda enjoy it

it's serviceable if you're hitting dudes with axes and not with magic or arrows

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Miley Virus posted:

also not poo poo combat

i dunno what i want
wizardry 8 best first-person rpg combat

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

dks2 combat best combat

okay yeah okay

someone make the morrowind mod for dark souls

i wanna fight some bosmer

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

computer parts posted:

it's serviceable if you're hitting dudes with axes and not with magic or arrows

idk i can make arrows work too

magic is just boring and grindy mostly

but yeah melee is ok

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Miley Virus posted:

okay yeah okay

someone make the dark souls morrowind mod

i wanna fight some bosmer

anything would be better thasn morrowind combat

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Space-Pope posted:

wizardry 8 best first-person turn based rpg combat

ftfy... maybe... i guess?

Panty Saluter posted:

idk i can make arrows work too

magic is just boring and grindy mostly

but yeah melee is ok

skyrim broke magic. spell damage doesn't scale at all, total bullshit that means the game gets harder the longer you play as a mage. at least when magic was broken in previous games it was broken to the player's advantage

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

my melee character in des has like 99 in every single disposable item, including most of the soul items
my caster has barely anything anywhere because i dont have to go through areas more than once
it is a very different experience
miralda's clothes with thief mask outfit of the year all years

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Cold on a Cob posted:

ftfy... maybe... i guess?
wizardry 8 could be played in real time

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Cold on a Cob posted:

skyrim broke magic. spell damage doesn't scale at all, total bullshit that means the game gets harder the longer you play as a mage. at least when magic was broken in previous games it was broken to the player's advantage

dammit! i knew it. i tried playing as a mage once and it sucked, especially compared to the old games w/ you could make 1000 Potion of Fortify Potion Making and chug em al and then making a Potion of Magic +10000000000 and nuking all the vampires or w/e

but that doesn't work any more and skyrim magic sucks.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
holy loving poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROHvvtUcp8I

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Space-Pope posted:

wizardry 8 could be played in real time

really? sounds difficult, i remember it being a somewhat challenging game with decent monster ai, but it's been awhile

Sagebrush posted:

dammit! i knew it. i tried playing as a mage once and it sucked, especially compared to the old games w/ you could make 1000 Potion of Fortify Potion Making and chug em al and then making a Potion of Magic +10000000000 and nuking all the vampires or w/e

but that doesn't work any more and skyrim magic sucks.

yep. magic was op in past bethesda games so they made melee + blacksmithing + enchanting op and hosed up magic somehow

the fringe "benefit" of blacksmithing + enchanting being so op in skyrim is you literally only grab loot in dungeons to find new enchants

i'm remembering all the poo poo i hated about skyrim, it's sad i had the most fun with that game out of any other in the last several years

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Cold on a Cob posted:

really? sounds difficult, i remember it being a somewhat challenging game with decent monster ai, but it's been awhile
yup. it was kind of only useful for fights that are braindead and way below your level, so you could speed through them faster

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Space-Pope posted:

yup. it was kind of only useful for fights that are braindead and way below your level, so you could speed through them faster

ah ok i think i remember plowing through rats and poo poo that way

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

imagine all the terrible fathers that are responsible for the poor girls that have been 'coerced' into sleeping with these loving idiots to give them the confidence they do not deserve

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 25, 2014

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

nerve staple all the drones

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

begun this social justice war has

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

oh my god "theatrical release"

hahaha this has to be ironic

e: "Giving a voice to gamers! WHO HAVE BEEN SILENCED!" - said after the zoe quinn incident

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

haveblue posted:

begun this social justice war has

rise, my social justice warriors and brandish your non-phallic weaponry

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hubris.height posted:

oh my god "theatrical release"

hahaha this has to be ironic

e: "Giving a voice to gamers! WHO HAVE BEEN SILENCED!" - said after the zoe quinn incident

If that's what gamers have to say I'm all for silencing them.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

hubris.height posted:

gamers! WHO HAVE BEEN SILENCED!

sounds good to me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

isn't all we know about any real life exoplanet its rough diameter, mass, orbital distance and parent star type? what exactly are they going to produce from that?

e- or is that the joke

please don't leak the no man's sky design doc

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Did anyone else have hella trouble with Doc Mercy in Bonerlands 2? Lvl9 mission, lvl10 sniper with a nice backup shotgun, must have deaded me ten times before I cheesed him by kiting round and round the big electrical pillar. Everything else has been plain sailing but that was a big unexpected 'gently caress this' section.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cold on a Cob posted:

someone made a really good overhaul of morrowinds graphics. it's espescially cool because it fixes the insane amount of fog in that game

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Did anyone else have hella trouble with Doc Mercy in Bonerlands 2? Lvl9 mission, lvl10 sniper with a nice backup shotgun, must have deaded me ten times before I cheesed him by kiting round and round the big electrical pillar. Everything else has been plain sailing but that was a big unexpected 'gently caress this' section.

he took me like two rounds just use rocket launchers forever or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dd-ESdlRxs

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Al! posted:

someone made a really good overhaul of morrowinds graphics. it's espescially cool because it fixes the insane amount of fog in that game

is there a mod that just makes the game render the entire overworld at once

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

smac2 is including six planet generation scripts for preorders that are "based on real life exoplanets"

cool

maybe

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Miley Virus posted:

is there a mod that just makes the game render the entire overworld at once

mgso is the mod that makes all the graphics nice, you can manage how much of the world actually renders, so yes

also with the tamriel rebuilt stuff they made areas assuming you'd have that better draw distance, and it owns

all this makes morrowind run like crap because the engine is terrible

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Hearing people say "Social Justice Warriors" outloud just makes me think of this:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the new c&c game is looking weird

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

he's a pain in the rear end if you don't cheese him and don't have at least one co-op buddy

i'm gonna play more borderlands tomorrow if anyone wants to join me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

cheese every boss ever

• Locked thread