Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

socialsecurity posted:

Who said this though? Could you go back and quote some people because most of the bitching I remember wasn't about mysteries not being solved after episode 2 is how nobody really liked any of the characters which was solved somewhat with episode 3 focusing on Matt.

There are still posters asking questions and bitching about the lack of answers on this show on this page or the last.

The show has stayed true to the ~we aren't going to answer poo poo~ theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Who said this though? Could you go back and quote some people because most of the bitching I remember wasn't about mysteries not being solved after episode 2 is how nobody really liked any of the characters which was solved somewhat with episode 3 focusing on Matt.

It seemed to me to mostly be them bitching about how the characters didn't react how those goons THOUGHT they should react or how it wasn't realistic, in a thread about an HBO modern fantasy-mystery character-drama show where people have mysteriously disappeared and no one knows what the gently caress. This show is basically a situational irony, as we know the same poo poo as the characters do most of the time (which is nothing), at least when it comes to the meta-story. Now in light of that I can see how it might be hard for some posters ITT to understand the reaction others have to the characters not always doing what is expected--you can't expect anything specific from them since they don't know anything about anything, and since we don't know anything either and we have never been in a situation where probably millions of people have disa-loving-ppeared, no viewer really should have expectations for the characters' actions because we don't even know how we ourselves would cope and live in that world.

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 24, 2014

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

There are still posters asking questions and bitching about the lack of answers on this show on this page or the last.

Well there are still posters who are confused that people have been drastically affected by 2% of the worlds population vanishing instantly so what can you expect?

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

CODChimera posted:

Well there are still posters who are confused that people have been drastically affected by 2% of the worlds population vanishing instantly so what can you expect?

Well I mean, what if you didn't lose anyone to the not-rapture, and your life is literally unaffected directly? Do you just lose yourself in empathetic grief or continue with life as normal because I mean really, the world can't afford to stop turning because a few assholes disappeared?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
If there are answers to the central mystery you're not getting them this season or next so if you can't watch an hour of cool TV without having an aneurysm that there is no Joop scene yet maybe come back in a couple of years and watch it all in 2 days whilst eating lots of cheetos.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Joop!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I hated how all the morons at the beginning of this show were constantly bitching about how they should just explain why the 2% had disappeared already- nothing but repeat postings of "gently caress, it's episode 2, did I miss them explaining what happened?" and "JUST TELL US ALDREADY LINDOLF!!!~"

Except no one did that and you guys are just whining that you don't have a dumbass echo chamber. This show started off with serious problems and though it's gotten better it still has them. I think that it has a lot of potential and is improving every episode, but I can totally understand why people gave up on it.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Most of the "serious problems" were people not having all of the information they needed to fully understand things like the GR, ATFEC, Wayne, Nora's job, etc. so yeah it kind of strikes me as people being impatient babies which is fine but you don't need to tell us how much a tv show hurt you every week.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

life is killing me posted:

Well I mean, what if you didn't lose anyone to the not-rapture, and your life is literally unaffected directly? Do you just lose yourself in empathetic grief or continue with life as normal because I mean really, the world can't afford to stop turning because a few assholes disappeared?

Oh you.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
So I wonder if this show is gonna follow the format of other recent shows such as game of thrones where the penultimate episode of the season is where all the real poo poo goes down. With what the GR is planning with the real dolls it certainly seems that way.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

life is killing me posted:

Really?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Awful app posted twice for some reason.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

What in the actual gently caress is this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dirk Pitt posted:

Have fun with Dexter :allears:

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

Last Chance posted:

What in the actual gently caress is this

It's a two-way strawman slap fight wrapped in a Godzilla allegory.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eukodol posted:

It's a two-way strawman slap fight wrapped in a Godzilla allegory.

But you explained the joke within the first ~10 lines and then it just kept going. Did you actually write all that?

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

homo punching bag posted:

But you explained the joke within the first ~10 lines and then it just kept going. Did you actually write all that?

If there's one thing I learned in this thread, one shouldn't ask questions.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
What is nyan cat

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

This is great

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Yes, really.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Holy gently caress.....

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Jesus

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

:catstare:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

:stare:

nopants
May 29, 2004
Oh deer loving God.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Woah. About 3 minutes behind. loving woah.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

nopants posted:

Oh deer loving God.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
The credits rolling in silence is loving creepy.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
So the non-rapture was a nefarious plot perpetrated by planned parenthood?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

OhHiMaahk posted:

Clearly.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
I think I'd be enjoying this show more if this was the first episode.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It's a good answer to the season-long question of why everyone is an unlikable shitbird.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Is Kevin's package a new character?

Good episode, but the circuit thing was so over the top I actually groaned.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Cool Cherry Cream posted:

I think I'd be enjoying this show more if this was the first episode.

I don't think any of this would have worked as a first episode.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

fullroundaction posted:

Is Kevin's package a new character?

Good episode, but the circuit thing was so over the top I actually groaned.

Everyone gather round. We're going to do a trust fall.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
This show owns

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
That kid better win the science fair, his experiment made someone disappear.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

OhHiMaahk posted:

Immaculate abortion

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

That was a good episode. That episode revealed a common theme about a few of the disappearances. The people/fetus weren't wanted or were being wished away, Nora getting annoyed at her family, the baby rapture abortion, the crying baby in the car annoying the mother, pretty cool episode

edit: Of course I am slow and may have missed that theme during the episodes prior

DangerZoneDelux fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

DangerZoneDelux posted:

That was a good episode. That episode revealed a common theme about a few of the disappearances. The people/fetus weren't wanted or were being wished away, Nora getting annoyed at her family, the baby rapture abortion, the crying baby in the car annoying the mother, pretty cool episode

edit: Of course I am slow and may have missed that theme during the episodes prior

Also, goes into how and why some survivors have so much guilt. Although i did want to see a Sr. Garvey go naked bonzo....

• Locked thread