Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

there's an open source engine+editor remake of morrowind that will be done sometime in the next year, its mostly done already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Liver Disaster posted:

cheese every boss ever

I really liked killing the 4 assassins where you got a bonus for using the different weapon types (even if you could wear them down to a sliver of health with anything first).

also, lol at Goliaths being BL2's answer to 'Tigers in Cages' from Far Cry 3 - OK, you lose out on the XP for all the dudes he cleans up, but popping his head and sitting back to lol at the carnage is way too entertaining.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the goliath gains xp for every kill he gets and if you kill the goliath you get his collected xp

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Liver Disaster posted:

cheese every boss ever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

TOOT BOOT posted:

there's an open source engine+editor remake of morrowind that will be done sometime in the next year, its mostly done already

lol yeah I'm sure it will

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I really liked killing the 4 assassins where you got a bonus for using the different weapon types (even if you could wear them down to a sliver of health with anything first).

also, lol at Goliaths being BL2's answer to 'Tigers in Cages' from Far Cry 3 - OK, you lose out on the XP for all the dudes he cleans up, but popping his head and sitting back to lol at the carnage is way too entertaining.

borderlands 2 came out two months before far cry 3

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the goliaths level up every couple of kills and drop better loot at higher levels

this includes the slot machine goliaths and treasure chest goliaths

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yesss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxLM1bYjPJc

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

thumbnail says a lot

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

no

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Improbable Lobster posted:

thumbnail says a lot

yeah im not watching 20 drat minutes and also what happened to just writing something? if your video is just you in a bathrobe on the couch chit chatting just take another few minutes and compose your thoughts into an essay, fuckface.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

yeah openmw is pretty sweet, they can run it on android for some reason now

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats some thumbnail alright

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

lol drat thats big

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Three Dog ftw.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
TONOUOU2'S ROON

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

hubris.height posted:

imagine all the terrible fathers that are responsible for the poor girls that have been 'coerced' into sleeping with these loving idiots to give them the confidence they do not deserve

Haha, yeah. loving human being.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

so i assumed from the fanart that Yurt was supposed to be protecting someone, but all ive seen of him i released him from a cage then killed him back at base
guess ill find out soon! from x-2 on the levels are way more hosed up than i would have expected god drat this game is good

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

so i assumed from the fanart that Yurt was supposed to be protecting someone, but all ive seen of him i released him from a cage then killed him back at base
guess ill find out soon! from x-2 on the levels are way more hosed up than i would have expected god drat this game is good

:allears:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

this is after beating dks1 and getting quite a ways through dks2 i was just really lovely at des for some reason
its so exciting :D

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Liver Disaster posted:

cheese every boss ever

Don't post my Dark Souls strategy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I've noticed that whenever bane is in a video game all he cares about is causing back related trauma

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

I've noticed that whenever bane is in a video game all he cares about is causing back related trauma

you stick with what works

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Liver Disaster posted:

I always thought that demons souls was a way neater game setting-wise than dark souls even if dark souls plays way better. demons souls might be the most oppressive game ever

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Rexicon1 posted:

I always thought that demons souls was a way neater game setting-wise than dark souls even if dark souls plays way better. demons souls might be the most oppressive game ever

nexus music was really cool

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

this is some high quality games posting itt

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

time to get my solitaire on

*flips a million tiny switches and pulls guitar hero controller out of nearby box*

http://youtu.be/ln9E8bQr2hg

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rexicon1 posted:

this is some high quality games posting itt

I misread the title as pooping. Sorry.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
cgs: after beating dishonored for low chaos, you really see the changes they make in high chaos and its really cool. also, uh, i didn't know you could blink while carrying bodies since the game didn't let me blink while holding a tank of whale oil, and i heard there was a way to speedrun kidnapping sokolov, so i threw him off the building, waited then stopped time, blinked down, then grabbed him out of the air so he wouldn't die and that was pretty cool and the game is cool and i want to play the game again even though dlc is next

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
i haven't played that since i beat it when it came out but i think i might just do it again, it's a fun game

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

dis honored was kind of a secret goty that everyone forgot because we are dumbshit gamers with no taste

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWDTeuukfc

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!

Sagebrush posted:

dammit! i knew it. i tried playing as a mage once and it sucked, especially compared to the old games w/ you could make 1000 Potion of Fortify Potion Making and chug em al and then making a Potion of Magic +10000000000 and nuking all the vampires or w/e

but that doesn't work any more and skyrim magic sucks.

you can still do this

in skyrim fortify restoration potions increase your alchemy ability, so you can abuse that loop to make potions that do poo poo like increase magic damage by 8000000%, smith weapons so powerful they roll over into negative ints, etc

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rexicon1 posted:

dis honored was kind of a secret goty that everyone forgot because we are dumbshit gamers with no taste
i bought the daud ones when they came out because I enjoyed the main game so much

the 'trials' are kinda interesting but require a bit too much speed-runner style thinking for my tastes

Rexicon1 posted:

Demons Souls still has the best area designs imo; Tower of Latria being about the best

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 25, 2014

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://mega.co.nz/#!WQ4XDRIb!IURw1dcKkyKPuJL0pXpwEfHs5Z009j8zOc1Va5ijiV4 unashamed promoting my steaming pile of poo poo again. this time two levels are available and a cool molten ball gun. i need to stop wasting my time doing this poo poo and instead making it into a game and not just a way to gently caress around with an engine. mother fuckers.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

wesley snypes posted:

you can still do this

in skyrim fortify restoration potions increase your alchemy ability, so you can abuse that loop to make potions that do poo poo like increase magic damage by 8000000%, smith weapons so powerful they roll over into negative ints, etc

Magic doesn;t work that way in Skyrim so all fortify magic potions do is reduce the cost of casting spells.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
fortify destruction enchantments reduce the cost, but i'm pretty sure potions do increase the power.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i never played it but i thought skyrim was a "bad" game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i never played it but i thought skyrim was a "bad" game?

every loving game is a "bad" game if you ask the right/wrong person

• Locked thread