Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingo Unchained
May 28, 2013
Anyone playing a bastion and feeling like turrets are a little under powered? I'm currently level 22 and my turrets are hitting for <100. I have 450 power rating - is this because my rating is too low, or just bastion in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Inimicul posted:

It's consumed on use. You're instantly paid 500 CR and given a random side effect that's temporary. You can only use one per 24 hours so you'll want to do it as soon as you get it.
Beware: :siren:Do not buy more than one Experimental Stimulant at a time or try to keep more than one in your inventory!:siren:

There seem to be some issues regarding holding them when you have multiple Stimulants.
http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/experimental-stimulants-cred-questions.5034821/#post-74253821

Cloudchaser posted:

You can only have one Experimental Stimulants in your inventory at a time.

The intent is that the vendor is supposed to not display the Experimental Stimulants if you have one already.
Unfortunately, we've found a current bug with the in-game vendor UI where it does not remove that item from the list unless you close/reopen the vendor, or reload your UI. We're sorry for any inconvenience this can cause.
Some people in that thread that bought more than one are reporting that any extras after using the day's Stimulant are gone the next day. I'm not sure how you're supposed to check what the cooldown on it is, but I'm sure they're working on some kind of fix currently.

Inimicul posted:

Tested more with the RPG and it doesn't seem to trigger the poison perk. :(
Well dang, there goes my reason for wanting one on my Dragonfly.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Ralith posted:

Pretty much everything in Firefall operates on magical principles. That aside, the spiny core isn't the only damage reflection in the game: mirror armor is an unlockable crafting recipe for Dread.

Magic? Oh please, go back to your elves and knobbits or whatever. It's all Crystite.

PvP is fairly hosed though during peak times, there are so many snipers just standing around on loving mountains, not doing anything but being assholes. Also sometimes you literally won't be put on the same team as the rest of your squad so you're fairly hosed and not getting anything done that day because of course respawning is bugged and people get to respawn at bases with disabled generators and you're on your own because of the team thing and can't take anything that has people in it because poo poo just keeps respawning and eventually that will get you.

Event is fairly fun though, no spawns in DT so no farming good drops and bio poo poo but meh.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I'm currently a Dragonfly healer and it's not working out very well.

People have to move around a lot to mitigate incoming damage. Meanwhile all my heals are delayed area of effect abilities.

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009
So, I've finally gotten the email that marks the beginning of the weapon design from the resource event:

Syrstorm posted:

This email is just to introduce myself and to start up the conversation we’ll be having about the weapon design we’ll be working on together.

I’ve gotten a bit of information from Brandon, and I want to doublecheck we’re on the same page. Based on your preference of weapon you’d like to create and your placement in the top-10, you’re currently slated to help design a Dreadnaught weapon.

I’ll be following up in the next couple days to start the conversation about the weapon itself, but feel free to start thinking about how you want the gun to work – I suggest having several possibilities or variations in mind so that we can choose one that works best with our weapon/projectile system.

Any ideas? I think we mentioned some sort of bee-HMG in the thread before, but non-goony ideas are fine too. I don't have a ton of attachment to any particular weapon since I don't even have a dread frame at 40.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Zephyrine posted:

I'm currently a Dragonfly healer and it's not working out very well.

People have to move around a lot to mitigate incoming damage. Meanwhile all my heals are delayed area of effect abilities.

If you are trying to make the Fly work in PVP, I've had some success (and seen some monster Dragonflies) that run:
Healing Wave
Healing Pillar -or- Healing Generator
Emergency Response

Wave is your mobile heal/knockback skill - hitting an enemy with wave, or your bio rifle alt-fire, kills all of their momentum and bounces them like a Pyro airblast from TF2.

Pillar works best with coordinated (voice chat) team members, in that you can drop it where you expect them to run, or use it for yourself as a more mobile heal. Generator must be used more carefully, but can be incredibly powerful, especially in defensive situations.

Emergency response for the incredible mobility it provides of course!

Don't neglect your alt-fire. Yes it can be frustrating trying to heal people that move around so much as they do, but with enough mobility of your own - and a run speed core which is more or less required for the fly (perhaps Energy Recharge) - you should be the fastest thing out there.

If you are playing with team-mates, try to designate a 'safe zone' where wounded friends can retreat for your services. On the offensive, abuse the poo poo out of your knockbacks to lock enemies down.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 24, 2014

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

DarkDobe posted:

If you are trying to make the Fly work in PVP, I've had some success (and seen some monster Dragonflies) that run:
Healing Wave
Healing Pillar -or- Healing Generator
Emergency Response

Wave is your mobile heal/knockback skill - hitting an enemy with wave, or your bio rifle alt-fire, kills all of their momentum and bounces them like a Pyro airblast from TF2.

Pillar works best with coordinated (voice chat) team members, in that you can drop it where you expect them to run, or use it for yourself as a more mobile heal. Generator must be used more carefully, but can be incredibly powerful, especially in defensive situations.

Emergency response for the incredible mobility it provides of course!

Don't neglect your alt-fire. Yes it can be frustrating trying to heal people that move around so much as they do, but with enough mobility of your own - and a run speed core which is more or less required for the fly (perhaps Energy Recharge) - you should be the fastest thing out there.

If you are playing with team-mates, try to designate a 'safe zone' where wounded friends can retreat for your services. On the offensive, abuse the poo poo out of your knockbacks to lock enemies down.

That's surprisingly advanced. I doubt I can make the random people around the mission nodes work with that.

Still it would have been nice to have something viable for faster targets.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
HEY GUYS DO YOU LIKE NUMBERS?!? I LOVE NUMBERS! YEAH!

*gets 5fps*
Thats 5 or however many chosen drop pods spawn with the squad thumper condensed into a couple of meters of space.
:getin:

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Those are always the best moments as an AOE class, and IMO 80% of the point of ever dropping a squad thumper. Just think of the ridiculous effective DPS you're getting there.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Slapping this up here for goons in general, since I dont have a way of easily contacting the second army:

For you Recon players: trying to sell a level 39 epic R36 rifle for you recons.
No, its not -as good- as the level 40 version. A difference of 12 DPS and 1 Power rating.

Poke me in-game or just reply here and I'll let you have the thing at a steep discount (About 6k) vs the market price for these things (about 10-15K).
Hell, make me an interesting enough offer and I'd just trade it off, as I have no use for the thing.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 25, 2014

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

Slapping this up here for goons in general, since I dont have a way of easily contacting the second army:

For you Recon players: trying to sell a level 39 epic R36 rifle for you recons.
No, its not -as good- as the level 40 version. A difference of 12 DPS and 1 Power rating.

Poke me in-game or just reply here and I'll let you have the thing at a steep discount vs the market price for these things (about 10-15K).
Hell, make me an interesting enough offer and I'd just trade it off, as I have no use for the thing.

I will offer you a steaming hot pile of 500 credits for that bad boy. Hit me up.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Digital_Jesus posted:

I will offer you a steaming hot pile of 500 credits for that bad boy. Hit me up.

That steaming pile is a little more steep than the discount I had in mind!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Ok I guess I can go up to 550.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Digital_Jesus posted:

Ok I guess I can go up to 550.

My sales have dropped through the floor which has caused all sorts of inventory problems for me. My thought is with all the exp and money flowing from the event that people are leveling fast enough and getting enough drops to keep them away from the market. You might want to hang on to that and see if things recover in a month or so, if you care that much.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I've been interested in this game for a long time but after dabbling in beta I decided to come back to it once it has some quests, a story line, basically a fleshed out non sand box single player/coop. Well, the game's out now and I'm still not sure if things like that are implemented? I made a new character (bastion engineer seems way weaker since back in Beta days btw, the little bugs jump on and pummle my turrets in seconds, but whatever other classes are still really fun) and messed around some but the only missions I can see are the semi random job board stuff. I've got level 5 in about every class because I'm just screwing around, but I'm wondering about the missions.

Are there more involved, story bound missions? Do I need to a be a higher level? Or should I just wait and come back to the game later?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Judging from the way things have been so far they're gonna scrap everything and revamp it in a couple of months so if you don't like it now check back later

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
So apparently some fellow goons had told a new goon that you get extra xp if you wear the dunce cap. So he's running around with us earlier and the following exchange takes place:

Goon 1: "Hey, I just won a cowboy hat and I already have one, I'll send it to you"

Newish Goon: "No thanks, I'll stick with the dunce cap since it gives me an experience boost."

Me (not being aware of the joke the rest of the group had started): Uh, the dunce cap doesn't give any experience boosts.

Silence followed by newish goon: You guys lied to me!?

This was followed by a solid minute of laughter and a running joke for the night.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

quote:

Are there more involved, story bound missions?

Yes, there are 7 as-of-now, campaign missions.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Jack B Nimble posted:

Are there more involved, story bound missions? Do I need to a be a higher level? Or should I just wait and come back to the game later?
There are actually a surprising number of story-driven job board mission sets, if you pay attention to the voiceover and mission titles. Shame that there's little to differentiate them other than those very elements.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bait and Swatch posted:

So apparently some fellow goons had told a new goon that you get extra xp if you wear the dunce cap. So he's running around with us earlier and the following exchange takes place:

Goon 1: "Hey, I just won a cowboy hat and I already have one, I'll send it to you"

Newish Goon: "No thanks, I'll stick with the dunce cap since it gives me an experience boost."

Me (not being aware of the joke the rest of the group had started): Uh, the dunce cap doesn't give any experience boosts.

Silence followed by newish goon: You guys lied to me!?

This was followed by a solid minute of laughter and a running joke for the night.

:pusheen:

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
This just works with items that arent bound to you, but if you want to keep an item but have inventory space problems just put a sell order and them cancel it and the item will stay as a attachment in the mail of the sell order cancelation.
(until they make a purge of the mail system because to many people are doing this)

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Actually, there's 8 storyline missions but one of them is just listening to Oilspill being stupid as a kid and handing him a wrench from time to time.

You're not expected to learn much of the story by level 5 anyway unless they bothered to watch the intro movie and that explains it better than what you learn in game.

Micr0chiP posted:

This just works with items that arent bound to you, but if you want to keep an item but have inventory space problems just put a sell order and them cancel it and the item will stay as a attachment in the mail of the sell order cancelation.
(until they make a purge of the mail system because to many people are doing this)

You can save the listing fee by just creating an alt account and mailing everything you don't need / want to it as a holding company. You will need to have it on your friends list for 3 days to be able to send mail back and forth.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Are cat ears and tech antlers really worth 40-50k credits :stare:

BRB going to sit on my locust chopper with tech antlers, AMD special warpaint and candy stripe body pattern.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 25, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Carecat posted:

Are cat ears and tech antlers really worth 40-50k credits :stare:

BRB going to sit on my locust chopper with tech antlers, AMD special warpaint and candy stripe body pattern.

The AMD paint is the only one that makes me really bitter to be missing. Since I have all the rest!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I just had to do another round of purges. It's a terrible system having to use three different lists that don't even seem to agree on how many days someone has been offline so if you're still active, just reapply.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Or just be in mumble and make your presence known. People refer to me as "accent guy".

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

RocketSurgeon posted:

HEY GUYS DO YOU LIKE NUMBERS?!? I LOVE NUMBERS! YEAH!

*gets 5fps*
Thats 5 or however many chosen drop pods spawn with the squad thumper condensed into a couple of meters of space.
:getin:

I meant to ask, where is this? Zone / loc?

Morglon posted:

Or just be in mumble and make your presence known. People refer to me as "accent guy".

Yeah. Being in goon mumble and playing in goons but being in another army sure gets around the army cap. :D

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
How does anyone play the tigerclaw, is the fusion canon a nono or something? Maybe it's all the events and not having the aoe of my firecat to nuke crowds, but I just can't figure out how to play it.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

Inimicul posted:

I meant to ask, where is this? Zone / loc?

It's in devils tusk at about -292, 742. Pubbies are catching up to it though so the spot seems to be dry most of the time.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

ErrantSystems posted:

So, I've finally gotten the email that marks the beginning of the weapon design from the resource event:

(words)

Any ideas? I think we mentioned some sort of bee-HMG in the thread before, but non-goony ideas are fine too. I don't have a ton of attachment to any particular weapon since I don't even have a dread frame at 40.

I'm still thinking about it but the first knee jerk idea I have is some kind of LMG instafire option so the rest of the frames have something they can pick that doesn't require a spin up time. Since all the vulcan style guns have a range of 80 and the LMGs have a range of 110, it could be a welcome addition but we'd need to come up with a way to make it feel special without stepping on the Arsenal's fat toes.

Edit: Belt fed shotgun maybe?

Edit2 Electric Boogaloo: Flame thrower?

xxEightxx posted:

How does anyone play the tigerclaw, is the fusion canon a nono or something? Maybe it's all the events and not having the aoe of my firecat to nuke crowds, but I just can't figure out how to play it.

Fusion Cannon is the best reason to play the Tigerclaw. It hits hard but has no splash to speak of. Keep playing with it and it'll force you to get better at aiming. Once you can reliably hit what you're aiming at, you'll love that gun so much.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 25, 2014

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Inimicul posted:

I just had to do another round of purges. It's a terrible system having to use three different lists that don't even seem to agree on how many days someone has been offline so if you're still active, just reapply.

Good grief, man. I have been unable to play for 4 days, and I'm already getting the friend invite test...

They seriously need to give armies bigger caps and better management tools, because if a player can't be absent for a long weekend there is a problem.

To all of you "get on mumble" Goons, please be understanding that there are some of us that cannot do that for various reasons. Voice chat simply cannot be the answer to everything.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

RocketSurgeon posted:

It's in devils tusk at about -292, 742. Pubbies are catching up to it though so the spot seems to be dry most of the time.

Pubbies have been doing it since the area was clear, it's a spot that has gotten me some excellent rage for just being better at AoE and taking all their kills. These days you can't drop a thumper there at all without a dozen idiots swarming all over it, it's rare that you just have to deal with two or three of them but as a Bastion you can pretty much get 95% of the kills if you vaguely know what's going on.

If it gets too wild though you're gonna make poo poo and that's when you drop a stock personal instead of a squad 3 so you're at least wasting everybody's time and clear out the area so you may get another shot at a not overrun squad 3. Same goes for when someone drops a charged pulse generator in the pit, that just fucks up the entire point because it will catapult everything right out of the pit. Your metal yield will likely be poo poo though anyway.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

ErrantSystems posted:

I told you all this in armychat but I'll repost it here for posterity and public ridicule.

I'd like to see a kind of heavy plasma thrower, maybe with a toxic/poison damagetype. Primary fire would be a big plume of plasma, same principle as the Biotech HKM but longer-ranged and denser, more of a stream than a cloud. Alt-fire would throw a big exploding ball of plasma, long range but slow-moving and arcy, similar to the thermal cannon primary, but possibly with a bigger area of effect.

Even better would be if the weapon left a burning area where it hit in the manner of inferno dash. All of this would be balanced by the fact that the weapon doesn't do any damage on-hit, all damage comes from the burn/toxic effect. Potentially very good area DPS, which is something that the Dreadnought frames lack at present.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Apple Craft posted:

To all of you "get on mumble" Goons, please be understanding that there are some of us that cannot do that for various reasons. Voice chat simply cannot be the answer to everything.

You don't have to chat, 99% of the time I don't. But listening helps and having your name in that window does as well.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

ErrantSystems posted:

Lot of cool options to do something different here. A flame thrower would be some top tier poo poo. Or a gatling shotgun/flak cannon. I'd also suggest a gyrojet/minimissile weapon, but the plasma cannon sort of does that already. You could also go and give them a dreadnaught sniper weapon. A giant recoiless rifle, low fire rate, high single bullet damage, extreme range.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Harrower posted:

A giant recoiless rifle, low fire rate, high single bullet damage, extreme range.

Alt-fire for the laser chaingun is basically this.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Harrower posted:

Lot of cool options to do something different here. A flame thrower would be some top tier poo poo. Or a gatling shotgun/flak cannon. I'd also suggest a gyrojet/minimissile weapon, but the plasma cannon sort of does that already. You could also go and give them a dreadnaught sniper weapon. A giant recoiless rifle, low fire rate, high single bullet damage, extreme range.

Is like to see the gun bring some burst damage to the class, like an alt fire cone attack that charges fast qnd discharges 100 rounds and hits and knocks down anything within 30-50 feet. For the primary graphically if like to see something like a wide diameter laser that hits and frozen damage and does dot/snare. Call it a cold fusion mg or something.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

xxEightxx posted:

Is like to see the gun bring some burst damage to the class, like an alt fire cone attack that charges fast qnd discharges 100 rounds and hits and knocks down anything within 30-50 feet. For the primary graphically if like to see something like a wide diameter laser that hits and frozen damage and does dot/snare. Call it a cold fusion mg or something.

If the weapon damagetype was poison, it would benefit from the lvl30 Recluse perk, 80% snare for 3 seconds.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

fatman1683 posted:

Alt-fire for the laser chaingun is the exact opposite of this.

Corrected for you. Heavy Laser MG alt fire burns through ammo insanely fast, very short range, and low damage per hit. It's pretty much a recolored version of the Tesla Rifle the engineers get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Inimicul posted:

Corrected for you. Heavy Laser MG alt fire burns through ammo insanely fast, very short range, and low damage per hit. It's pretty much a recolored version of the Tesla Rifle the engineers get.

Ah sorry, guess I misunderstood the description. I don't have a Rhino yet.

• Locked thread