Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

any new poo poo happen since last friday?

I bought the Fez IP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The 4chan backed Indiegogo got hacked and shut down.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A. Beaverhausen posted:

lol

btw how much welfare is zoe up to now via patreon?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

did zoe quinn strike again? I know she hosed FYC's first attempt to do this like the brutish bully she is

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

lol

btw how much welfare is zoe up to now via patreon?

$2,357.50 per month to tweet and make text games

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DrPaper posted:

did zoe quinn strike again? I know she hosed FYC's first attempt to do this like the brutish bully she is

I don't know who'se suspected honestly. Someone with an axe to grind about charity apparently so probably

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
She makes more than some construction workers. :smith:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DrPaper posted:

$2,357.50 per month to tweet and make text games

oh thank god it's at the same level as it was last time I checked.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are you ready goons?
Aye, aye, captain!
I can't hear you!
Aye, aye, captain!
Ooooooooooh...

Who's cheated on boyfriend for shining reviews?
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
Who always dyes hair magenta and blue!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
If internet drama be something you wish!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
Then login to twitter and whine like Phil Fish!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!

Zoe Quinn Sadbrains, Zoe Quinn Sadbrains, Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!

Zoe Quinn!
Sadbrains!

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I don't know who'se suspected honestly. Someone with an axe to grind about charity apparently so probably

screw those aspiring indie women developers, pay me instead, i'm already established and deserve it more

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Are you ready goons?
Aye, aye, captain!
I can't hear you!
Aye, aye, captain!
Ooooooooooh...

Who's cheated on boyfriend for shining reviews?
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
Who always dyes hair magenta and blue!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
If internet drama be something you wish!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
Then login to twitter and whine like Phil Fish!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!

Zoe Quinn Sadbrains, Zoe Quinn Sadbrains, Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!
Zoe Quinn Sadbrains!

Zoe Quinn!
Sadbrains!

:golfclap:

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
wait so @ patreon she is now getting free money to continue sitting @ her computer, whilst the rest of us have to work for a living? hmm

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
alright goons i know i post crazy stories that i stretch the truth about a bit, but i literally just got sent home from my job because of a :siren:bomb threat:siren:. now im not saying im sure it's related to this, but considering the restaurant next door seems to only hire wealthy looking young white people, aswell as chatting with some dude from there being a member of anonymous and having that gay rear end mask,i can only conclude it is most likely.

EA Sports fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 25, 2014

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

fivethree posted:

wait so @ patreon she is now getting free money to continue sitting @ her computer, whilst the rest of us have to work for a living? hmm

well in exchange she will keep offering her text games for free instead of ch-charging for them ahahahahahahahaha

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fivethree posted:

Someone call lowtax I have a proposition he might be interested in

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fivethree posted:

this assumes people stick to it and keep giving her money and don't back out next month

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Reminder that her game is a CYOA with all the good decisions marked out. Because depression is like the sterotype for being drunk i guess

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

this assumes people stick to it and keep giving her money and don't back out next month

This, I think the majority of that money sprung up in the last week or so

I laughed out loud earlier thinking about the amount of nerds that donated out of spite and now have a Zoe bill showing up monthly on their bank statements

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Robo Reagan posted:

Reminder that her game is a CYOA with all the good decisions marked out. Because depression is like the sterotype for being drunk i guess

Someone make DrunkQuest now.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lobster Harmonica posted:

This, I think the majority of that money sprung up in the last week or so

I laughed out loud earlier thinking about the amount of nerds that donated out of spite and now have a Zoe bill showing up monthly on their bank statements

yeah I'd def gently caress five nerds over the course of a few years for a 66% raise and I think most other people would too

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tho it is funny that now greasy nerds have a response to being told to get a job

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Can you even get different endings in DQ or do they all end with "woah you're really sad holy poo poo"? I played it once and at one point I wanted to call a doctor but my guy pussied out.
If not, it's less "Choose Your Own Adventure" and more "Look At This Predetermined Adventure".

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

yeah I'd def gently caress five nerds over the course of a few years for a 66% raise and I think most other people would too

I'l gently caress five nerds right now.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

horriblePencilist posted:

Can you even get different endings in DQ or do they all end with "woah you're really sad holy poo poo"? I played it once and at one point I wanted to call a doctor but my guy pussied out.
If not, it's less "Choose Your Own Adventure" and more "Look At This Predetermined Adventure".

I have a friend with really severe clinical depression and he vented to me a while back that depression quest completely misrepresents depression as an illness and is basically just some HTML markup about a hipster dealing with social circle drama

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Spanish Manlove posted:

I got a 100% raise right now ;)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I have a friend with really severe clinical depression and he vented to me a while back that depression quest completely misrepresents depression as an illness and is basically just some HTML markup about a hipster dealing with social circle drama

Shocking, how about a bit where you sit in front of the mirror loving hating yourself and working up the courage to commit suicide? That's more what depression is

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Also I'm 100% sure I played a flash game called Depression Quest on newgrounds/albinoblacksheep back in like 2006 with a similar premise so I thought that's what everyone was talking about up until recently

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

There's one part of the game that refers to depression as "your brain being sick".

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Also I'm 100% sure I played a flash game called Depression Quest on newgrounds/albinoblacksheep back in like 2006 with a similar premise so I thought that's what everyone was talking about up until recently

Dig it up let's see if she stole the game too

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Zoe "Idunwannajob" Quinn

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

There's one part of the game that refers to depression as "your brain being sick".

yes this sounds about right

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Absent of any contrext that quote seems incredibly facile.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Lady creators.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Zoe "Idunwannajob" Quinn

I hate this

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Lady Creator and the Tramp

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Photex posted:

Dig it up let's see if she stole the game too

I found this at funny-games.biz

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

Absent of any contrext that quote seems incredibly facile.

The context is that a friend suggests you have depression and recommends a doctor and to be not afraid of going. It's more acceptable in that context but I can see how it could imply depression is more of a disease.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Zoe "Idunwannajob" Quinn

Could have plugged the game jam supporting lady developers where all proceeds go to charity instead of your patreoon

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Zoe Quim.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DrPaper posted:

Could have plugged the game jam supporting lady developers where all proceeds go to charity instead of your patreoon

but then she'd have to get a real job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Robo Reagan posted:

but then she'd have to get a real job

misogynist

• Locked thread